Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Five-Factor Personality Thoery (test)

With finals coming up in the next few weeks, I have been writing a paper on several personaly theories and theorists as part of a group project. After doing a little bit of research on the web today I came accross something that I thought was interesting. Lewis Goldberg has a 300 and scaled down 120 question personality test that you can take via the web for free. The scaled down test only takes about 15 minutes to get through, and the test results are pretty interesting and go into great detail. After running through it I was found to be extremely confident, extremely calm, and slightly above average in the friendly department. The results are obviously much more detailed than what I mentioned mine as being. Here is the url if you are at all interested.

http://cac.psu.edu/%7Ej5j/test/ipipneo1.htm

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
Rizon
Pro Starter

It said I was serial killer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:22 PM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

Well, I don't know if I'd say it's dead on, but it's certainly not way off.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #4
wishbone
High School JV

Extraversion: 25
Agreeableness: 30
Concientiousness: 58
Neuroticism: 15
Openness to Experience: 0
Scrambling: 12
3rd Down Passing: 54/72

Pretty close, although I disagree with some of the results and the test itself repeats itself a lot.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:37 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

I couldn't bring myself to agree to accept the risks involved - so I couldn't take the test.

But since I know the things they are rating, and I know what each term means -- could probably give you my results without taking the test.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #6
wishbone
High School JV

Were any of the risks death or dismemberment? I didn't read it, just checked the boxes...the test did say I was very trusting, though.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:19 PM   #7
thealmighty
Pro Starter

All such tests repeat themselves over and over in an attempt to catch people (who are not too bright) trying to 'cheat' or skew the results by answering questions the way they believe certain results warrant.

PS- yes, I have a degree in psychology.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:28 PM   #8
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty
All such tests repeat themselves over and over in an attempt to catch people (who are not too bright) trying to 'cheat' or skew the results by answering questions the way they believe certain results warrant.

PS- yes, I have a degree in psychology.

Yeah, I saw that when I took the test, but how would that be shown in your results?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote