Old 05-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
Cecil Fielder
Mascot

Did Americans kill Nicholas Berg?

http://marc.perkel.com/archives/000233.html

Cecil Fielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Give me a break. You can get that chair at any Baghdad Wal-Mart.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:37 PM   #3
Cecil Fielder
Mascot

you're ignoring the other evidence presented as well, though.

Old 05-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
Ksyrup

I'm sorry, I believe we have differing views on what the word "evidence" means.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-14-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
This is what a REAL terroris look like... Notice the thin brown hands
Glad he cleared that up.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:48 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

Holy shit a white chair! There's only one white chair in the world! We did it! We killed Berg!

Last edited by sabotai : 05-14-2004 at 03:49 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:49 PM   #7
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

All crimes can be traced back to the Lowe's Home & Garden Shoppe.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:57 PM   #8
wig
Banned

Is that you. NoMyths?
wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:01 PM   #9
The_herd
College Starter

Dammit, Lowe's told me I bought their only white lawn chair.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:03 PM   #10
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

My favorite of the user comments that follow the article:

Quote:
Man, that damned chair gets around. Last week, I saw it on a National Geographic TV program: a monk was sitting on it in a cave in Tibet, where they were restoring 16th century Bhuddist frescoes. Last year, it was on my aunt's front porch in Buffalo.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:39 PM   #11
samifan24
Pro Starter

Wow. "Evidence," indeed.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:40 PM   #12
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

people love to manufacture conspiracies. Remember the French idiots who had "proof" that the Pentagon 911 crash was staged?

BTW, I used to have 2 of those chairs, but they are missing. I wonder...
Old 05-14-2004, 05:11 PM   #13
Cecil Fielder
Mascot

i'm not saying that i agree with this guy, i just think it's another interesting twist on a huge news story that seem to get weirder by the day...

Old 05-14-2004, 05:12 PM   #14
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

fools... its obvious since President Bush and John Kerry are 355th cousins they made contact with the Illuminati to construct the face on Mars which when enhanced, inverted, and disassembled into 3.16 million pieces and then reassembled using an anti-gravity flux capacitor found in the wreckage of Roswell but only on 10/10/2010 shows the face of Lee Harvey Oswald.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #15
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Wow. That there's a big ol' pantsload.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #16
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Dola -

I meant the original link up above, not HFP's post. The latter is probably on to something.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:28 PM   #17
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Of course not. Mossad doesn't have Americans carrying out its dirty work.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:32 PM   #18
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog Purple
fools... its obvious since President Bush and John Kerry are 355th cousins they made contact with the Illuminati to construct the face on Mars which when enhanced, inverted, and disassembled into 3.16 million pieces and then reassembled using an anti-gravity flux capacitor found in the wreckage of Roswell but only on 10/10/2010 shows the face of Lee Harvey Oswald.

not a bad plan, but you've made a fatal error, of course.

the Mars landing was faked. EVERYONE knows that.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:13 PM   #19
SFL Cat
College Starter

The left will have to try a lot harder than that if they want to come up with conspiracies as convincing as Vince Foster's murde....er.....suicide.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:27 PM   #20
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Fielder
i'm not saying that i agree with this guy, i just think it's another interesting twist on a huge news story that seem to get weirder by the day...
Not trying to beat you up, but I don't think there's really anything "interesting" about some crackpot trying to create a conspiracy theory out of an innocent man's brutal murder.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #21
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Let's see, Kerry, Bush, and Clinton all went to Yale. If someone can prove Berg ever visited the state of Connecticut the circle shall be complete.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:25 PM   #22
Desnudo
Coordinator

That is the same chair they found at the school depository after JFK was shot. Even though the Warren Commission concluded that there was no way that Lee Harvey Oswald could have gotten the shots off sitting down.

Last edited by Desnudo : 05-14-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:31 PM   #23
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I heard on the radio today there was no blood when Mr Berg was be-headed. I haven't seen the video, but that's peculiar in itself.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:39 PM   #24
JeeberD
General Manager

I've seen that same chair at my sister's house before!!!

I always knew that my brother-in-law was a shady character...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:57 PM   #25
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Did anyone read the comments? They are the funniest part. People actually believe this guy. Incredibile.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:58 PM   #26
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Dola - I said to myself this guy is cucko.

When I scrolled down Cucko was viewing the thread. Man, this thing gets more and more strange by the hour.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:04 AM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh my God!!!!! My mom has 4 of those chairs on her porch. Why did you do it mom?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:27 AM   #28
Taur
High School Varsity

Here is what I don't understand. The first and last pictures. The first picture is of Americans (CIA?) standing around at the prison. The last picture is of American Marines? leading a prisoneer off. Just why are these pictures relevant to this article???

Anyway, any chance this is a simple case of "The tail wagging the Dog"? Could this of been an elaborite hoax put out by the CIA? Exactly, why was he detained by the police? Life in a foreign prison or this elaborite hoax and a new identity.

I would love to see the complete unedited video.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:19 AM   #29
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
Here is what I don't understand. The first and last pictures. The first picture is of Americans (CIA?) standing around at the prison. The last picture is of American Marines? leading a prisoneer off. Just why are these pictures relevant to this article???

Anyway, any chance this is a simple case of "The tail wagging the Dog"? Could this of been an elaborite hoax put out by the CIA? Exactly, why was he detained by the police? Life in a foreign prison or this elaborite hoax and a new identity.

I would love to see the complete unedited video.
I believe the first pic is supposed to draw some link between the terrorists and the five people in the picture, as well as showcase the "rare" chair. The last pic is showing that one of a kind orange jumpsuit that the prisoner is wearing...which WOW is the same one Berg had on.
jetpunk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:52 AM   #30
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I heard on the radio today there was no blood when Mr Berg was be-headed. I haven't seen the video, but that's peculiar in itself.

Todd

I haven't seen the video either, but from what I've read, I believe the terrorists manipulated the video to make it appear as if it all happened in real-time, when in fact, he was alive during the first part of the taping and they spliced in footage of him beling "killed" when he may have already been dead, including holding the head up. Like I said, I haven't seen it, but if it's true that there is screaming after his head was severed, that's the most likely conclusion in my mind, not that Americans did it as part of some conspiracy to get the country back in pro-war mode. I'll need more than white chairs and "those guys have American body language" to convince me of that.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:46 AM   #31
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'm not a believer in big government, but I highly doubt George Bush and the CIA are in a chat room exchanging ideas like killing one of our own to make the U.S. pro-war.

Anyone else read the rest of the posts in that forum? They pretty much scare the hell out of me. The one with the song lyrics about how we all have to be human, respect each other, etc., etc. really hit it for me. As if we can send an email to Al Quaeda and ask them nicely to please stop the centuries of hate. Do people really think it's that simple?
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:13 AM   #32
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I haven't seen the video either, but from what I've read, I believe the terrorists manipulated the video to make it appear as if it all happened in real-time, when in fact, he was alive during the first part of the taping and they spliced in footage of him beling "killed" when he may have already been dead, including holding the head up. Like I said, I haven't seen it, but if it's true that there is screaming after his head was severed, that's the most likely conclusion in my mind, not that Americans did it as part of some conspiracy to get the country back in pro-war mode. I'll need more than white chairs and "those guys have American body language" to convince me of that.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #33
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Even though I don't know that any of this matters, I have a slightly different take after watching the video. In the video, Berg pretty much lays motionless while they are doing the horendous act. Now, I don't know about you, but if some crazed terrorist brandished a blunt knife at me I would be flailing like crazy to try and get out of there (even if it would have been impossible).

Therefore, the most likely theory is that they filmed the first part with him alive then stopped the camera. Next, they recorded the audio of him screaming as they really did kill him (my guess is slit his throat - which is almost as vile). Then, they recorded the head coward sawing off his head after Nick was already dead. That would explain the oddities of the video (fact that the screaming starts too soon, blood thing mentioned here).

At any rate, it's just as gruesome and once again shows the only language these barbarians understand is that of violence. I also don't see any possible reason for the US to do this. In this day and age of leaks and the internet, it would eventually come out. And something like this would destroy the entire administration in a second. If the government wanted to deceive the people to get them to support the war (and I'm not saying that would even consider it - just following this odd logic), it would make more sense to somehow plant WMDs than do something as crazy as this.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #34
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

So just that we're clear, we know that the guys in the background are American because:

1.) They're light-skinned. All terrorists are brown. And not just light brown, but dark, "really not white at all" brown.

2.) They're kind of tubby. Terrorists, like all Arabs, are starving to death and are never fat. Americans, of course, are always fat, especially those in the military.

3.) They're wearing tennis shoes which aren't sand-stained. Terrorists, like all Arabs, do not live in cities but rather spend their days riding camels through the desert.

Did I cover it all?
Old 05-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #35
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Nope

4. The had the bullet proof vests on that only american soldiers are allowed to wear

Last edited by nfg22 : 05-15-2004 at 11:32 AM.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:33 AM   #36
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Dola-

Can someone link the berg video I wanna see it. I cant find a site on yahoo that isnt blocked. only two show up and they are like rotten.com and some other sicko site and my school doesnt allow those.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:33 AM   #37
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
4. The had the bullet proof vests on that only american soldiers are allowed to wear
True. God knows there's nobody shooting at the terrorists.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:34 AM   #38
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Dola - I said to myself this guy is cucko.

When I scrolled down Cucko was viewing the thread. Man, this thing gets more and more strange by the hour.

The conspiracy continues...
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:43 AM   #39
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Cuckoo you did it!!!!!!!!! Did alqueida reimburse you for the chair?
Old 05-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #40
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Cuckoo you did it!!!!!!!!! Did alqueida reimburse you for the chair?

Wal-Mart's in on it too. They donated the chairs!
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:33 PM   #41
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Ugh....another corporate scandal, they donate the chair then mark it as a sale just to boost stock... this so disgusts me that Wal Mart is a stock booster too...
Old 05-15-2004, 07:09 PM   #42
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Cecil Didn't I tell you to change your handle to Michael Moore? Comeon now, it would really help us better categorize yours posts.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:25 PM   #43
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Nope

The guy is stupid (goes without saying). They aren't even bullet proof vests. They are freakin' LCEs. American soldiers don't even wear bullet proof vests in combat zones, they wear body armor, which looks nothing like what is seen in the video.

His entire article is based on assumptions and ignorance and I'm sorry that he actually believes this himself. The fact that other people believe it is another story altogether.

Last edited by The_herd : 05-15-2004 at 09:25 PM.
The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:59 PM   #44
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
So just that we're clear, we know that the guys in the background are American because:

1.) They're light-skinned. All terrorists are brown. And not just light brown, but dark, "really not white at all" brown.

2.) They're kind of tubby. Terrorists, like all Arabs, are starving to death and are never fat. Americans, of course, are always fat, especially those in the military.

3.) They're wearing tennis shoes which aren't sand-stained. Terrorists, like all Arabs, do not live in cities but rather spend their days riding camels through the desert.

Did I cover it all?

1. Irish terrorists are white. As are the French.

2. <========Not skinny

3. I thought they wore camoflagued shoes. Because they are so hard to find. And to sneak up on people, and stuff.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 05-15-2004 at 10:01 PM.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:01 AM   #45
Taur
High School Varsity

Could someone please expain to me why Berg is in a Prison Jumpsuit?

I have never seen a terrorist issue prison jumpsuits to their hostages! Never, Never, Never. Usually thier clothes look as beat up as they do.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:04 AM   #46
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
Could someone please expain to me why Berg is in a Prison Jumpsuit?

I have never seen a terrorist issue prison jumpsuits to their hostages! Never, Never, Never. Usually thier clothes look as beat up as they do.

I guess because he was being symbolized as a prisoner at the prison.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:40 AM   #47
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Because they are showing a link between us putting him in jail with "our" jail suits and such.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:44 AM   #48
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Bush also killed MLK so he could be easier re elected.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:50 AM   #49
Taur
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
I guess because he was being symbolized as a prisoner at the prison.
I don't understand. I never heard the Iraqi's who were holding Berg claim that they were at the Prison.

The idea that all this was done at the prison and some huge plot to gain support for the war and the President; started after the video was released.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:52 AM   #50
Taur
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
not a bad plan, but you've made a fatal error, of course.

the Mars landing was faked. EVERYONE knows that.
Actually, the Moon landing photos were fake!