Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

great baseball stat resource

In searching for minor league statistics, I came across this website. It's free, and it lists full minor league stats for players. A great way to see how the prospects on your favorite team have done beyond this season. While Baseball America shows minor league stats for this season, I haven't found anywhere else that archives past seasons.

dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Great link!

The site also has the past 15 years or so of payroll info, how many games back they were, managers, etc. Lots of info even though some of the minor league stuff is incomplete.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, it's certainly not complete for all players, but it's a lot more than anywhere else I've seen. I would guess that they've been archiving past minor league (and college) stats for the last 4-5 years or so (probably from Baseball America) and also entering minor league stats for major leaguers as listed in books like the Sporting News Player Register (stats by Stats Inc).

I wonder if they might be breaking some copyright rules based on how they've attained their data. I'm a little disappointed that this data isn't more widely available. I recall from the Bill James Abstract of '86 that the prime reason for starting Project Scoresheet was to make complete baseball stats available to the public for free. While it's nice that Baseball America makes minor league stats available for free, it's a little disappointed that they don't seem to archive their information and allow you to see how players have performed in prior seasons. Similarly, without buying something like the Sporting News Baseball Register I'm not sure where else you can see minor league stats for major leaguers.

I don't know how long the Baseball Cube website will be around, but I hope it (or others) will continue - this is great stuff for those that really like to study baseball.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Pretty good stuff. Looks like baseball-reference.com but dressed up (most of the same info, tho).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
Ramzavail
College Starter

bad pop ups but I have been to this website before.

Notables: Aaron Heilman's Notre Dame's stats

but they don't have that Gary Redus minor league year - so they dont have all minor league stats.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote