Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2004, 03:25 AM   #1
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

OT- Just played my first "Fun" Texas Hold 'Em Tourney...

I played pretty solid throughout the tourney (on Absolute Poker, just one table) and I finished second. I blew it all on one hand, where I had pocket kings and my opponent got a straight on the turn. That was killer. I should have gone all-in with the kings before it even got to that. I wagered too little at the start of that showdown hand and it cost me. That knocked me down bigtime and I never recovered.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I played. 9 people at the table, and I knocked out 5 of them. I was the dominant chip leader for most of the game. Now that I know there are constant tourney tables at Absolute Poker, I think I may do nothing else

I'm still shaking from the excitement. Some beginner's luck, yes, but also some tight play by me. This is really a fascinating game.

Anyone looking to play in a "fun" tourney on AP, look me up. My name on there is kingneb.

Any tips for a first-time tournament player would be welcome

Edit: I just played my 2nd tourney and it wasn't nearly as fun. Everyone was way more gung-ho and all-in and shit. I was able to call their bluffs and I won it The third hand was awesome, I got a triple suckout. If only there were twins involved... One guy had $7,500 (out of $18,000) and within three hands was out. He dropped it all so quick, cuz he was nuts. Oh well, the tourneys are still way better than the average "fun" table.

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 06-19-2004 at 03:45 AM.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:11 AM   #2
SonyLuang
n00b

for all you internet poker play for fun guys like myself, try www.truepoker.com.

it's a really neat site. if u type in , LOL, your character will literally laugh. if you type in Nice hand, your character will say nice hand. There are also tourney's offered but it's hard to register in the day time because the max is 100 player. it's of course, multi table. i've won 1 tourney out of the 3 I attempted.
SonyLuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 07:50 AM   #3
henry296
College Starter

What stakes tables are you playing. I am often at the 300+30 tables, same user name.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well.. i'm about to play my first poker stars freeroll myself.. should be interesting..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote