Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2004, 08:26 AM   #1
Cuckoo
College Starter

Ping: Noop

From ESPN:

Quote:
Sooners, Seminoles set up series: Oklahoma and Florida State will play a two-game, home-and-home series in 2010 and 2011, Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione announced Wednesday.

The Sooners and Seminoles, who met in the 2000 national championship game, will play in Norman on Sept. 11, 2010, and in Tallahassee, Fla., on Sept. 17, 2011.

You're really going to hate Sooner fans in a couple of years. Hey, I promise I'll try to be nice, especially if we lose.

Seriously though, I think this is cool. I love to see big programs play non-conference games.

Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:28 AM   #2
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Yeah I heard about this yesterday I was going to ping the OU guys but I decided against it. That is like 6 years away alot can change between now and then... I will most def try to make it to both games.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:29 AM   #3
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
Yeah I heard about this yesterday I was going to ping the OU guys but I decided against it. That is like 6 years away alot can change between now and then... I will most def try to make it to both games.

True, true. I'll bet though that both programs will be Top 25 teams barring something really odd. You think old Bobby will still be there in 2010?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:40 AM   #4
scooper
College Benchwarmer

This is great news for college football fans. I love when big teams sack up to play major out of conference opponants.

Noop, for your sake, I hope Jeff Bowden's gone.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:42 AM   #5
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
True, true. I'll bet though that both programs will be Top 25 teams barring something really odd. You think old Bobby will still be there in 2010?

In spirit...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #6
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
In spirit...

Old 12-02-2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Saw this yesterday. That's the good news (in terms of having what should be a quality opponent on the schedule). The bad news is that because we lost Miami as a non-conference, we had to replace them in next year's schedule, and could only get The Citadel. Terrific.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:09 AM   #8
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Saw this yesterday. That's the good news (in terms of having what should be a quality opponent on the schedule). The bad news is that because we lost Miami as a non-conference, we had to replace them in next year's schedule, and could only get The Citadel. Terrific.

Better hope you're not in a three way race for the BCS
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:52 AM   #9
nole4sho
n00b

I believe this will be a great match up but I doubt Bowden or Stoops will be coaching at either of their respective schools.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #10
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole4sho
I believe this will be a great match up but I doubt Bowden or Stoops will be coaching at either of their respective schools.

I'll bet you good money Stoops will be. (this is only a saying; I have no good money to bet. )

I've become convinced after the Florida situation that he honestly has no desire to leave, nor should he. The guy pretty much has job security for life at a school who has played in three out of the last six National Championships. He makes as much as most NFL coaches, and OU has shown a willingness to raise his salary to match any coach in college football. I use to worry that he'd leave, and I obviously could be wrong, but I'm much, much more confident about it than I used to be.