Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Apprentice 3

I had to watch to see the new twist "Books smarts vs. Street Smarts", but none of the candidates seem qualified really, and the tasks are the same old product placements involve in selling. Next week, is the same task they done in the last two seasons, fixing up and selling a house or piece of real estate. This show will continue the slide down I think upon last year's slide.

SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To me this episode was a huge improvement over last season. Trump didn't go along with the person they all ganged up on unlike last season. I'm not sure I like any of the people yet but I wasn't sure about that after week 1 in season 1 either.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
To me this episode was a huge improvement over last season. Trump didn't go along with the person they all ganged up on unlike last season. I'm not sure I like any of the people yet but I wasn't sure about that after week 1 in season 1 either.

True, but if Alex didn't say he was in charge of the staffing, I think Danny would of been gone. I missed part of the actual task part (not the planning part), so I didn't see it completely.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looks like it will be better TV, but a worse apprentice.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
Joe
Pro Starter

i thought the second season was on?

Last edited by Joe : 01-20-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:14 AM   #6
Poli
FOFC Survivor

First time I've ever seen the Apprentice. I love the TV in my office. Working at night rules. No boss.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:34 AM   #7
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I thought it was a solid first show...although they tipped their hand by showing that it would be the "Book Smarts" Magna team that lost. They showed conflict and reasons why Magna lost, but very little "Street Smarts" reasons why they should lose.

Magna:
1. Indecision on marketing campaign.
2. Poor marketing campaign.
3. Leader does not get trained.
4. Too few people on the cash registers.
5. The ones that were on the cash registers looked inept.

Networth:
1. The one dude haggled for a viking helmet.
2. The chick got peed on by a dog.
3. Questionable seller of plane tickets to Vegas (although this doesn't really count, since it all worked out).

In my mind, that left it open for a few scapegoats on the Magna team (which had a lot of conflict), and nobody on the Networth team (which had little conflict) should they go to the boardroom. Easy pick on which team lost. I think that Kendra on the Magna team is my favorite early this season because she's not bad looking and she went against the grain in the boardroom.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:49 AM   #8
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I thought it was a solid first show...although they tipped their hand by showing that it would be the "Book Smarts" Magna team that lost.

The Apprentice tipped its hand all last season as well generally with what it choose to be Donald's theme of the week.

Quote:
I think that Kendra on the Magna team is my favorite early this season because she's not bad looking and she went against the grain in the boardroom.

Jennifer's sticking up for Stacie J was her one redeem quality last season so you might be right about the going against the grain. The Donald certainly noticed that she was willing to stand up for what was right versuses what was easy. Perhaps a bit of editor foreshadowing?
Old 01-21-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
True, but if Alex didn't say he was in charge of the staffing, I think Danny would of been gone. I missed part of the actual task part (not the planning part), so I didn't see it completely.

Danny had zero chance of being fired last night. He is the Omarosa/Sam/Stacie J character this season. They will keep him around for several episodes for conflict and entertainment value (read: perceived ratings boosts).
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #10
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

True,
The tasks need to be better. Its the same crap and product placement stuff.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hey, thinking about it, when Danny said that he has several Marketing Technologies, what was he talking about? I've heard of Marketing Techniques, but not Technologies. Perhaps he has a new laser or something that makes ads appear in the sky at night.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #12
moriarty
College Starter

I thought the PM for the high schoolers (don't remember his name) did the best PM'ing job I've seen in all 3 seasons.

I also agree that the level of canidates has dropped off. Since when does a 'supply chain consultant' become a canidate to run a Trump company? Any bright kid out 1 year out of college can have that title.

Can't they find qualified canidates who've got some skills and actually accomplished something in life? I mean Bill, Kwami, Troy ... blew away most of the canidates in season 2 and (from the looks of it) season 3. That Danny guy who supposedly runs a company and 'walks into fortune 500 boardrooms' all the time, couldn't even talk intelligently about what he actually did in those boardrooms. Gr....
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:21 PM   #13
TLK
Pro Starter

I missed the boardroom yesterday.... what were Trump's reasons for keeping Danny and booting the other guy?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:25 PM   #14
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Danny developed the laser Marketing "Technology" as I stated above. The other guy supported SpongeBob and was subsequently fired due to promoting tolerance of homosexuality.

j/k
Old 01-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #15
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I missed the boardroom yesterday.... what were Trump's reasons for keeping Danny and booting the other guy?

check web site

and click on video

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice_3/#
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #16
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing

Basically Trump called Danny a complete disaster (or something to that effect), but ultimately he fired the other guy because he felt while the marketing campaign sucked, the real reason they lost was b/c they didn't have enough cashiers. They only trained 2 people whereas the other team trained 3 or something.

The third dude in charge of operations took some heat, but Trump felt that ultimately the PM didn't manage either the marketing or the operations. Trump said something like they were both manageable people, but that the PM failed at managing them. He also made some comment about the PM being afraid of Danny or something (??).
Old 01-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #17
moriarty
College Starter

Dola -

By the way, did you catch the dude's comments in the cab ride home? He basically said, 'well I guess I have to look for a job now, so if anyone's hiring give me a call'. Which further lends to my rant that they don't have qualified people. Apparently this dude doesn't even have a job to go back to.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:09 PM   #18
bryce
High School Varsity

I'm sitting this season out. Or, at least not making it a must-watch every week. If I'm bored and remember it's on, I'll watch. Maybe. But not last night. Season 2 was so horribly worse than season 1 in my book...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:30 PM   #19
jbmagic
Pro Starter

how you liking season 3 so far?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #20
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Coming on in a few!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #21
Swaggs
Coordinator

Man, these guys are useless.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:01 PM   #22
Barkeep49
Coordinator

First the bad from tonight's show:
I am SO sick of the crazy black woman on this show. If Verna hadn't rehabilitated herself I might have decided that MB was at least somewhat racist subconsiously and stopped watching the show.

But overall I think this season is a HUGE improvement over first season. The people getting fired deserve it. There look to be a couple of actual leaders. People who are willing to step up on tasks that aren't theirs. Take John for instance. Last season most of the people put all of the weight on the project manager, looking for them to fail. This season John tried to help the project manager. To me John has shown real leadership both this week and last. Also showing leadership, I felt, was whoever was the blonde (don't know her name) who manned one of the front desks. I thought she did a nice job with that.

I was about ready to give up on this show, but my enthusasm has been renewed.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #23
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
First the bad from tonight's show:
I am SO sick of the crazy black woman on this show. If Verna hadn't rehabilitated herself I might have decided that MB was at least somewhat racist subconsiously and stopped watching the show.

But overall I think this season is a HUGE improvement over first season. The people getting fired deserve it. There look to be a couple of actual leaders. People who are willing to step up on tasks that aren't theirs. Take John for instance. Last season most of the people put all of the weight on the project manager, looking for them to fail. This season John tried to help the project manager. To me John has shown real leadership both this week and last. Also showing leadership, I felt, was whoever was the blonde (don't know her name) who manned one of the front desks. I thought she did a nice job with that.

I was about ready to give up on this show, but my enthusasm has been renewed.

Whats with the "black women" in each season. Omorasso, Stacie J and Verna. I think the firing may be better, but the people being hired is worst. They qualifications is worst, they seem to get a bunch of attorneys, weird business people, but no one who really is business-minded.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:11 PM   #24
miked
College Starter

That was amusing.

"Fire me!"
miked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:06 AM   #25
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Extended Board room video from last night show

hxxp://apprentice.tv.yahoo.com/?fr=wm-a3-hdline

Do you guys think this season its going to be a female that gets hired?

I think Trump will be under pressure if he hire another male like he did for the first 2 seasons.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:54 AM   #26
bob
College Starter

I see three major disadvantages for the Net Worth team as the show goes on:

1) Trump values education a lot, and definitely looks down at this team. Plus, when they get to the final interview stages (assuming some of them are still around), that is going to be seen as a negative by everyone.... look at Sandy from last year.

2) Being as successful as they have been in life without a college degree, they all have very strong personalities and are used to being the man, so to speak.... I don't see this team working well together compared to the other team, which appears to be used to the corporate structure (i.e. "someone is the boss, and that might not be me").

3) If you didn't go to college, don't take this the wrong way b/c it doesn't apply to everyone, but most people mature socially while in college. Not all, but most of Net Worth doesn't seem to know how to interact with their teammates. Some social skills are missing there.

Last edited by bob : 01-28-2005 at 07:55 AM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:58 AM   #27
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

After what happened to that guy who waived his exemption last year, I would have thought people would learn not to dare Trump to fire them (then again, they were probably taping these shows while the other season was being broadcast). That's twice now someone has waived the cape at him and he busted them for it.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #28
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I wasn't sorry to see Bradford go last season but I didn't think it was nearly the mistake Trump made it out to be.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:00 AM   #29
Rhone Ranger
n00b

I got dragged into watching a few episodes of The Apprentice last year. I remember a few things about it:

1. It's nice to see pretty women wearing short business skirts and high heels.

2. Donald Trump's "hair" is straight out of Ripley's. It's surrealist art on a man's head, absurd yet grotesquely riveting.

3. The show continually reminded me that most people who desperately want to be on TV are exactly the sort of people I do not want to see on TV, or anywhere else.

Not much else worthy of note.
Rhone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #30
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Anyone watch this tonight?

The tasks are the same old, boring ones.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #31
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I have been watching this season.

not sure if I can form an interest in any of the characters. Danny may have been the best shot, but now....
Old 02-04-2005, 07:47 AM   #32
moriarty
College Starter

I honestly can't find anyone on that entire Magna team that I would hire for my crappy job much less Trump's Apprentice.

And there's one short blond girl who I swear I haven't seen say a word yet this season? What the hell is up w/ her?

This show has really nosedived (I must be really bored b/c I'm still watching though). Don't even get me started on the Martha factor ....
Old 02-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #33
jbmagic
Pro Starter

wow these team was terrible on there last task they had to do last night.

they had to make a commerical...

check the video on the commercial they made and Trump boardroom video from last night.

hxxp://apprentice.tv.yahoo.com/

Last edited by jbmagic : 02-11-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #34
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't get to see it last night. Which team lost and who went home?
Old 02-11-2005, 07:32 PM   #35
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I didn't get to see it last night. Which team lost and who went home?

go here and you can watch the video on what they did and see how the boardroom went and who was fire.

hxxp://apprentice.tv.yahoo.com/
Old 02-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #36
SunDevil
College Prospect

Watching last nights episode was painful. The best line of the night, was "My boyfriend is a director, and I have watched him work a couple of times, so I will be the project manager and the director for this task."

Oh, and did anyone else not want to hear the cab ride commentary from that girl last night after she got fired. I hit mute, and just watched her go on and on.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #37
jbmagic
Pro Starter

there still one girl on one of the teams, that hardly talks much...

i am surprise Trump hasnt really ask her questions in the boardroom yet
Old 03-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #38
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Anyone still watching this?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #39
FBPro
College Starter

Oh yeah, wife and I watch every week.....though I have not watched tonight.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #40
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
there still one girl on one of the teams, that hardly talks much...

i am surprise Trump hasnt really ask her questions in the boardroom yet

I was reading an interview about the show, and it said the board rooms last several hours. So I assume what we see is what the TV folks want us to see.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:06 PM   #41
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Man,
Thank god Audrey was fired. I'm kinda sick of her "look at my story" line, but she doesn't really back it up.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:25 PM   #42
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

SunDancer,

I Tivo the show and watch it later with my bride to be. You just kind of spoiled it for me.

my fault for reading the thread....

but I will enjoy seeing her go.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #43
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
SunDancer,

I Tivo the show and watch it later with my bride to be. You just kind of spoiled it for me.

my fault for reading the thread....

but I will enjoy seeing her go.

Sorry Fritz....
Kinda didn't expect you to read it after I bumped it until you watch it. I'll be more careful next time. This year, the firings are alot more predicatable, which is good. The crappy people are let go.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #44
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Fritz,
Get a chance to watch it?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #45
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
I Tivo the show and watch it later with my bride to be.

Fritz is engaged? You didn't learn your lesson the first time?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #46
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Man,
Thank god Audrey was fired. I'm kinda sick of her "look at my story" line, but she doesn't really back it up.

Fritz, look away.

Ok, idiot move of the week ... why did Audrey bring her only friend back into the boardroom? At first I thought it was a good strategy, thinking she had worked out to bring her friend back to defend her and go against the guys 2 on 2 (versus 2 against Audrey). But if that was her strategy, she clearly forgot to inform her friend who quickly turned on her to save her own skin.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #47
JeeberD
General Manager

No kidding. When Trump asked Audrey why she brought her in, her response was, "Yeah, why did you?"

Apparently she didn't ralize what her role was supposed to be...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #48
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
thinking she had worked out to bring her friend back to defend her and go against the guys 2 on 2 (versus 2 against Audrey).
Definite idiot move even if that was her goal. Why would you hire someone to run a part of your corporation who can't stand alone and defend themselves? Seems like a very weak thing to do. Bring in a friend to help you. Suck it up, defend yourself, don't bring others down with you.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #49
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I got a feeling she's got a rich 'hubby", if you notice the ring she had on. She's only 22, and really just a real estate agent back home. She was just annoying, and to be honest, she was cute, but nothing really to brag about (and her annoying and whinning just made her less attractive).
Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #50
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i think the guy John that Audrey was yelling at in the beginning of the show, is going to win it.

my top 3 picks are John, Chris and Alex

but some say, Trump will feel the pressure if he hire another guy again.