Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
Kozure
High School JV

FOF 5.1c Patch (1/31/2K5)

Looks like there is a new patch out...anyone try it? Know anything about it? Im stuck at work.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 02-01-2005 at 03:47 AM.
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

http://www.solecismic.com/support/f2004.php

The following items were fixed or added for version 5.1c of Front Office Football 2004 (the patch also includes all fixes from earlier versions):

1) Addressed some issues with the ViaTech electronic licensing, as a handful of people had run into a serious error that affected their saved universes. We switched to using their most recent release of the licensing software. This is the reason for the patch.

2) Cleaned up a couple of very minor issues with multi-player play, including no longer giving people the ability to make inactive a holdout player, and properly declining a contract renegotiation offer when the offer doesn't save cap room and the result remains that the owner is over the salary cap.

3) The scout's future estimate of a player from the recommendation screen is now consistent with other estimates in the game.

4) A tweak to the AI for valuing a contract offer, so that large jumps in the salary offered no longer carry any weight (they know they'll never see that money).

5) During training camp of a multi-player game, the game now properly assesses which teams are controlled by the AI and may want to make position switches and game plan changes.

6) Added most (just about all that seemed non-forged) customer names to the last names file. Edited the first names file. Tweaked the game logic to use rare first names more frequently. Please do not make requests or ask questions about the names file. This is something we do infrequently, and as a thank you for our loyal customers. But it's not an exact science here.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 01-31-2005 at 10:36 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

sounds of everyone scrambling over to solecismic and seeing what's going on...

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
Easy Mac

The following items were fixed or added for version 5.1c of Front Office Football 2004 (the patch also includes all fixes from earlier versions):

1) Addressed some issues with the ViaTech electronic licensing, as a handful of people had run into a serious error that affected their saved universes. We switched to using their most recent release of the licensing software. This is the reason for the patch.

2) Cleaned up a couple of very minor issues with multi-player play, including no longer giving people the ability to make inactive a holdout player, and properly declining a contract renegotiation offer when the offer doesn't save cap room and the result remains that the owner is over the salary cap.

3) The scout's future estimate of a player from the recommendation screen is now consistent with other estimates in the game.

4) A tweak to the AI for valuing a contract offer, so that large jumps in the salary offered no longer carry any weight (they know they'll never see that money).

5) During training camp of a multi-player game, the game now properly assesses which teams are controlled by the AI and may want to make position switches and game plan changes.

6) Added most (just about all that seemed non-forged) customer names to the last names file. Edited the first names file. Tweaked the game logic to use rare first names more frequently. Please do not make requests or ask questions about the names file. This is something we do infrequently, and as a thank you for our loyal customers. But it's not an exact science here.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:37 PM   #5
Easy Mac

damn you Sov.

And I'll get it whenever I can get some highspeed internet.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow folks. the man has a point. The website says
We updated the game for the 2004 season, free of charge to all existing customers, releasing version 5.1c on January 31, 2005. You can download the update from the support area of our web site.

Patch Info:

Front Office Football 2005

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

SOB....all you fast typers!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:40 PM   #8
Joe
Pro Starter

and no announcement? Skydog is slipping.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:41 PM   #9
Kozure
High School JV

I think it just came within the hour..dont think Skydog could predict a 11 p.m. EST patch.

Seems like the patch is more to fix minor technical flaws rather than major gameplay issues....

I wish linebackers could get more sacks again!!!! Limiting their rushing ability has ripped apart one of my multiplayer teams that used 3-4 and had below average d-line.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:41 PM   #10
Pyser
Pro Rookie

incredible. the man never stops! and i thank him.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:42 PM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sneaky sneaky. I wonder when Jim updated the webpage. It'd be interesting to know...to see how long it took someone to notice .
Old 01-31-2005, 10:43 PM   #12
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

*head explodes*
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:43 PM   #13
Kozure
High School JV

I didn't see it first. I have to give credit to Maddmic in my league (RNFL).
Old 01-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #14
Kozure
High School JV

Yeah, Jim dedication to this game is great!!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:14 PM   #15
jbmagic
Pro Starter

wow

what a surprise.

this is one of the best sports sim i ever bought. Jim has excellent support for his game.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:20 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quite an excellent find Kozure! Although this means, reshack time again.

Thanks,

Todd

I smell another TCY patch?

Last edited by MizzouRah : 01-31-2005 at 11:21 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:24 PM   #17
Kozure
High School JV

Many developers wouldn't make many changes to gameplay once the game is released. Jim has shown he is way ahead of the curve when it comes to taking care of his customers. Shows he cares about the game as much as we do.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:25 PM   #18
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

thank you once again!
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #19
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

I think the above is interesting. He does not say "carries less weight," but instead says doesn't carry "any weight." I think this is probably somewhat significant. It changes any kind of strategy with backloading at all.

Now when can we add player of the WEEK awards to the player card (rather than just player of the game).

Edit: my use of the terms "probably somewhat significant." What the f##% does that mean?

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 02-01-2005 at 02:03 AM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:07 AM   #20
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
and no announcement? Skydog is slipping. sleeping.
Fixed it for ya. I DO have to sleep, you know.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:36 AM   #21
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic Web Site
Front Office Football 2005
Typo, or a slip-up.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #22
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Typo, or a slip-up.

That was the thing that caught my atttention first as well, and i was surprised no one else mentioned it. I don't know what to make of it.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:04 AM   #23
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
That was the thing that caught my atttention first as well, and i was surprised no one else mentioned it. I don't know what to make of it.
I'm thinking typo. I just wanted to have some fun with the conspiracy theorists.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:18 AM   #24
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Typo, or a slip-up.

Definitely typo.

It was suppose to say SI Games Front Office Manager 2005.

Drool......
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:53 AM   #25
Franklinnoble
Banned

Fix #1 was related to what killed my dynasty game.

Words cannot express how amazed I am that this actually got patched. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm a Solecismic customer for life. Jim's next game could be Front Office Colonic for all I care, and I'd pay to pre-order a copy.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #26
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Or he is patching old versions?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:55 AM   #27
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo

Yippee! No more looking over my shoulder when running the TC turn!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #28
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo

You mean that I might actually see an Eckberg or two in the game now?!?!? Hallalujah!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

All of these changes are great, but I'm particularly excited about #4
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:17 PM   #30
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Which files does one need to save to not need to redo the settings for colors and so forth- or do you just have to redo them again each patch?

or is this a stupid question
Old 02-01-2005, 02:21 PM   #31
mhass
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
http://www.solecismic.com/support/f2004.php

6) Added most (just about all that seemed non-forged) customer names to the last names file. Edited the first names file. Tweaked the game logic to use rare first names more frequently. Please do not make requests or ask questions about the names file. This is something we do infrequently, and as a thank you for our loyal customers. But it's not an exact science here. [/i]

Talk about customer focused. Let me know when one of you shows up in Madden, NFL2k5, etc. Jim rules.
mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #32
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty
Which files does one need to save to not need to redo the settings for colors and so forth- or do you just have to redo them again each patch?

or is this a stupid question

Any logos or anything you added, you'll have to redo each time you patch. It's the same for custom graphics or settings with ResHacker. The team names should remain as should the color settings that apply to those teams.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #33
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yay, my name is in there. Finally, now the NFL will get the infusion of chinese talent that its been sorely lacking.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #34
maximus
Banned

I don't mean to be a noob here but Jim said that "The patch will not harm careers started with version 5.0" however, so my question is will the new patch take affect in my career still? Or do I have to re-install the game and start over.

Thanks.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #35
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
I don't mean to be a noob here but Jim said that "The patch will not harm careers started with version 5.0" however, so my question is will the new patch take affect in my career still? Or do I have to re-install the game and start over.

Thanks.

No need to start over. Just install the patch, start the game, and continue your career.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Your career will be fine maximus, although I would suggest installing it right before you hit "end season".

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #37
maximus
Banned

Thanks guys.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #38
jcwean
n00b

i started a new league today and found that the rosters are tweaked. mandzuk (griese) now the starter in tampa. vernon (portis) now in washington. nice.

thanks jim!
jcwean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #39
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwean
i started a new league today and found that the rosters are tweaked. mandzuk (griese) now the starter in tampa. vernon (portis) now in washington. nice.

thanks jim!

if that correct, is there a real nfl player roster out for 5.1c too?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:20 AM   #40
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Nah, those changes were already in place with the last roster file that came out in December I think.

Sorry to burst your bubble, jc.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:21 PM   #41
MikeVic
Head Coach

So I can see a player in the draft with my actual last name?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #42
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
So I can see a player in the draft with my actual last name?

It took me about 20 resets, but I found one with my last name!!!!

Old 02-07-2005, 01:12 AM   #43
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
It took me about 20 resets, but I found one with my last name!!!!

Are you simming a season, then check draft.. then re-sim the first season if there isn't a player with your last name?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #44
JeeberD
General Manager

I actually had a season that I had saved right before the draft was generated (staff hiring stage), so I kept generating new drafts and when I saw that my name wasn't in there, I just reloaded the same game...

Old 02-16-2005, 03:06 AM   #45
Ben E Lou

Bump...un-stick....archive.