Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
sooner333
College Starter

Poker Tracker vs. Poker Office

I'm considering either of these programs. Currently I'm trying out Poker Office, which I like because it has the updating pot odds and displays the betting history of the hand in progress. I was wondering what Poker Tracker has to offer as well.

Plus, is there anywhere to look to find out what all the stats mean like aggression factor, etc.?

sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

This might help...
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka

Yeah, I was in that thread...there was some good stuff about Poker Office, but really nothing about Poker Tracker except one person had heard it was better. I was looking to see if anyone had reasons, etc.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
Yeah, I was in that thread...there was some good stuff about Poker Office, but really nothing about Poker Tracker except one person had heard it was better. I was looking to see if anyone had reasons, etc.

I should be held in higher regard than just "one person".

Poker tracker is a fantastic program. It plays a different role than Poker Office though. It is more for reviewing your game after the fact. It stores stats on more or less anything you can imagine about your play and your opponents play.

I have never used Poker Office, but from what I understand it is more geared towards evaluating your play in real time. I have heard it is limited in some areas, but I don't know for sure. FWIW before you use Poker Office I would read the terms and conditions of the site you are playing on. PokerNOW (which is a Party skin) has recently added language that explicitly bans programs that give you real time odds like Poker Office. It doesn't appear that the other Party Skins have followed suit, but it is likely they will. Just something to keep in mind.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
sooner333
College Starter

Okay, this is a noob question, but what kinds of things do you look at after the fact other than profit/loss (because that's easy enough to do yourself in spreadsheet)...I mean, I know I could look at how I play QJs, but how can you really apply that to your next game well?
Old 05-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #6
jbmagic
Pro Starter

try pokertracker...

there a free demo 1000 hands to try .

its the best.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote