Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2005, 10:42 PM   #1
Galaxy
Coordinator

FM 2005: Transfer/Roster Bulding

I launch a new career, with Wigan. A team that is expected to compete (yet not fight for promotion), not too much staff or players so I can bring in my own guys without spending alot of money to let them go, yet a nice financial position with just over 8 million pounds to shop with. So this got me thinking:

How do you guys go enter the transfer market? What do you look for, and do you have any "spending/selling" "limits"?
Do you find players to "fit your system", or "fit the system to get fit your current players"? Do you "clean house" when you take over a team, and try go after new players, or do you only go shopping to only fill a huge hole even if you aren't too crazy on the players you have or the system that would be needed to max the players talent?

Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
MrBug708
Head Coach

I usually go after the best player at every position while trying to share the wealth. If you blow all of your cash on one player, that's great, but he'd better be a damn good scorer of you are in trouble
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
FBPro
College Starter

I try to find a couple of good, solid players on both sides of the ball that I can afford for a few seasons and also some younger talent that I can develop over the years.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:59 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

depends on the team i'm taking over and the financial position. as a general rule i think i'd say that i'll first determine roughly how many players I want to bring in, and thus get an approximate value for each of the ones i can afford to bring in. So say I have 8 million pounds like you and I want to bring in oh say...4 players...2 starters and 2 quality backups. That's what you really need to figure out. Then I'll search for two 3 million pound players as starters and 1 million pound backups, generally in particular positions although that depends. If there's someone too good to pass up and I have flexability to move guys within my squad (like move a D/M RL to the backline to make room for a quality midfielder) then I'll take them. But those are generally the exceptions. Generally I will have a pretty good idea of where my weak spots are/where I need to upgrade even if just by what my Asst. Mgr. tells me are the weak spots and concentrate there

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-30-2005 at 11:01 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:05 PM   #5
Desnudo
Coordinator

The evolution of my teams is usually: clean house, bring in talent to fit the system I want to run, bring in coaching staff that I need, bring in real talent.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote