Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

In Search Of: Perfect Bath Towels

Okay, you all have been great at helping people who want to buy a computer or an iPod or the letast gadgetry... now we'll try something softer. Literally.

My favorite set of towels is in its last throes. The edges are fraying, and it's clealy time to replace them. I'm in the market for new towels. (Incidentally, I have done some web searching for the towels I currently own, and it turns out they were discontinued some years ago -- but I am looking for something even better than what I have had anyway)

I don't want to overstate this, but I am looking for the perfect bath towels. I know that I can run out to a department store, and buy their nicest bath towels, and they would be okay. Maybe even very good. I have done some looking, and haven't come across anything that really seemed perfect, and in general I dislike shopping. But honestly -- I use my bath towels every single day, and would expect a good set to last me at leats several years. Doesn't it make sense to have towels that I love, rather than just ones that are okay?

So... within some degree of reason, price is no object. I'm glad to pay a couple hundred dollars if that's what it takes to get bath towels that I really, really like. Over the time that I expect to use them, that becomes a pretty trivial investment, I think. I have gained a great deal of respect for "perfect" things in life, even if they only play a small role -- this seems like a natural candidate, to me.

Here's essentially what I'm looking for: oversized, heavy bath towels that will be comfortable to a fault. I have used towels before that were extremely soft, but didn't have much absorption -- no dice there. I want them thick and thirsty, you know the deal. The oversized element is a preference, not an absolute, but I'm basically looking for high class towels that would be suitable for a luxury hotel room. I prefer dark colors, but that too can be negotiable.

Ideally I'd like to buy a full set of matching towels, but if all I can get are bath towels, I'll make do and complement them with a reasonably-priced hand towel and washcloth (which are far less important to me than the bath towels).

Anyone have any leads? Links? Stores I ought to visit?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by QuikSand : 08-01-2005 at 08:34 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
Bee
Pro Starter

My wife recently ordered these:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ID=887640&fp=F

I don't know if I'd call them perfect, but they are very nice.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:45 AM   #3
KevinNU7
College Starter

There's going to be plenty of parody threads about this one
Old 08-01-2005, 08:47 AM   #4
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Elhume, would you loofa my stretchmarks?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:48 AM   #5
mhass
High School Varsity

Ralph Lauren Avenue Towel. Period. We own four so we can still use them while two are in the laundry cycle.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:54 AM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
My wife recently ordered these:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ID=887640&fp=F

I don't know if I'd call them perfect, but they are very nice.

I was actually looking at those exact towels last night -- was a bit put off by the apparent checkered texture in them. From the image, they looked like they have some sort of squared pattern -- I'm not sure what to make of that.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:09 AM   #7
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I was actually looking at those exact towels last night -- was a bit put off by the apparent checkered texture in them. From the image, they looked like they have some sort of squared pattern -- I'm not sure what to make of that.

Yep, they definitely have a checkered texture. They do a great job absorbing water, I'm not sure if the texture helps with that or not.

I'd definitely recommend egyptian cotton. We've tried pima cotton and another type that slips my mind right now, but the egyptian cotton towels have always been nicer.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #8
JeeberD
General Manager

This thread will come in handy when it's time to register...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #9
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Check out the ones at http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/p...&itemID=HB-320

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but I have these towels and the heavenly bath robe, and I love them. I have the Heavenly Bed as well. Maybe it was all just a product of spending over 300 nights in hotels over the past 3 years...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #10
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
This thread will come in handy when it's time to register...

I'm pretty sure you can register at Home Depot, Circuit City and Best Buy. Tell your fiancee for every store she picks, you get to pick one.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote