Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Solecismic gets mentioned in ESPN chat about Madden 06 Release..

Scott (NJ)
Do you envision any video games or sims allowing the user to take the role of the agent? That seems like the next step since you can already be the coach, player, and GM.

DARREN ROVELL
Absolutely Scott. I think there's a whole line of gaming that is going to come out where you can just be the GM or just be in the agent or just be the manager of ticket sales of concessions. I think of the college football computer game I used to love made by Solecismic. The game takes two seconds. The rest of the time you are recruiting players for your program.

SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
vex
Grizzled Veteran

TCY 2...Jim is just sending out propaganda.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Scott (NJ)
Do you envision any video games or sims allowing the user to take the role of the agent? That seems like the next step since you can already be the coach, player, and GM.

DARREN ROVELL
Absolutely Scott. I think there's a whole line of gaming that is going to come out where you can just be the GM or just be in the agent or just be the manager of ticket sales of concessions. I think of the college football computer game I used to love made by Solecismic. The game takes two seconds. The rest of the time you are recruiting players for your program.
Nice. Link?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's the current chat on ESPN.COM's the Show.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8909 (will have the full transcript when done)
Old 08-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
It's the current chat on ESPN.COM's the Show.

Ok, but this LINK is NOT working.

edit: damn you, beat me by a split second.

Last edited by Cringer : 08-09-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oh.. just one thing..

FireFox is really wonky on trying to do the show live, I had to use IE for it)
Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #8
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Used to love, sigh.

Rovell contacted me a few years back and featured TCY on his business of sports segment on ESPNews. The segment only ran once because he couldn't pronounce Solecismic - despite calling me about ten minutes before he went on the air for a reminder.

I hope he's still interested in whatever I have for the future. I sent him a bunch of info about FOF 2004 when it came out, and never got a response.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #9
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
Used to love, sigh.
It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #10
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Shoot, he ran out before answering my question whether Madden 06 will have the ability to play with 32 people in career mode to get a FOF MP reference...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #11
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Used to love, sigh.

That is the first thing that stuck with me as well, USED to love...

You are in a "what have you done for me lately" business, that's for sure. But, I guess aren't we all?
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 08-10-2005 at 12:49 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #12
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So what college football simulation game does he love now I wonder?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #13
Anthony
Banned

well, in the guy's defense, i use to love WWF No Mercy for the N64 (one of my all-time favorite games), but my friends and i don't play it anymore. we're talking about a game that came out like 6-7 years ago on a now outdated platform. it lost its relevancy - we all moved on most importantly - so while we don't love it like we used to we'll always have fond memories playing it.

how long ago did TCY come out that one could be expected to "love" it even eons after its release?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #14
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
well, in the guy's defense, i use to love WWF No Mercy for the N64 (one of my all-time favorite games), but my friends and i don't play it anymore. we're talking about a game that came out like 6-7 years ago on a now outdated platform. it lost its relevancy - we all moved on most importantly - so while we don't love it like we used to we'll always have fond memories playing it.

how long ago did TCY come out that one could be expected to "love" it even eons after its release?

Yeah, but HA that game has everything to do with graphics and real life -- things that have moved on.

TCY was never about graphics, and everything that has 'moved on' (ie Conference changes) is reflected in the numerous updates. Sure, you can get over the game -- but comparing it to an outdated N64 game isn't quite the same. Personally, I still love TCY -- maybe that's just my taste, however.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #15
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Yeah, but HA that game has everything to do with graphics and real life -- things that have moved on.

TCY was never about graphics, and everything that has 'moved on' (ie Conference changes) is reflected in the numerous updates. Sure, you can get over the game -- but comparing it to an outdated N64 game isn't quite the same. Personally, I still love TCY -- maybe that's just my taste, however.

good point Vince.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #16
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Used to love, sigh.

Rovell contacted me a few years back and featured TCY on his business of sports segment on ESPNews. The segment only ran once because he couldn't pronounce Solecismic - despite calling me about ten minutes before he went on the air for a reminder.

I hope he's still interested in whatever I have for the future. I sent him a bunch of info about FOF 2004 when it came out, and never got a response.

How do you pronounce Solecismic? Is it pronounced like sole-sis-mick? Or Sole-kiz-mick? Or something else?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #17
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
The game takes two seconds. The rest of the time you are recruiting players for your program.

He called it The Recruiting Years too.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #18
dacman
College Benchwarmer

sol·e·cis·mic sl-szmk
Old 08-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #19
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
He called it The Recruiting Years too.

But he did like it.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #20
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Used to love, sigh.

I believe it was a Rovell piece at espn.com that pointed me to TCY/FOF a couple of years ago.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #21
Buzzbee
College Starter

sole-eh-siz-mick ( I believe)

Derived from the word solecism.

Last edited by Buzzbee : 08-10-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Buzzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #22
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
sole-eh-siz-mick ( I believe)

Derived from the word solecism.
It's spelled s-o-l-e-c-i-s-m-i-c, but it's pronounced "Wolverines!"

Old 08-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #23
wbatl1
High School Varsity

Well, Rovell also is not as big of a text simmer as most of us. thats just the way it is, most of us still love TCY, but in a world where video games get old after a couple of months, normal people don't like or don't play the oldies but goodies.