Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2005, 01:09 AM   #1
WrongWay
Banned

Getting a refund at the Theater. Who has done it.

And can you give the rest of us any advice on how we can too?

Sorry, but this is one of my biggest complaints about going out to see movies. I always feel I am throwing money away when I buy a ticket. And, I am an SOB for returning everything and anything.

I have just never had the "Balls" to go and try to get my money back after a bad movie. Or even during a bad movie(Alexander, I wanted to leave after the first 15 minutes)

Am I just naive in thinking that I can't get my money back? And, what should I be saying to them or what question should I be ready to answer from them. I suspect the theater has a standard line when someone asks for a refund, so how do you get around that? Do theaters have some type of refund policy posted somewhere?

WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:12 AM   #2
Rizon
Pro Starter

Urban Legend and Chicago are the only two movies I wanted to walk out of.

I walked out of T2, but only because they had technical problems and it cut the entire big-rig-over-the-overpass scene out. Got a free ticket for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:15 AM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I was once told that unless the movie had Tara Reid in it I wouldn't be able to ask for a refund.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:19 AM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I asked for (and received) a refund after watching 1/2 of "Envy" starring Jack Black and Ben Stiller.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:54 AM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Envvy wasntr tht bad,'

Plusl oyu shoyudlbtr be able to wak outr f a movie bc u saw it, Pay touyr shit and mkove on
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:58 AM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, I would think that you'd have to decide around halfways through the movie. I doubt you could walk out 5 minutes before the end and get a refund.

The only time I've done it was in high school when 4 of us went to see "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". Aside from being a pretty boring and crappy movie, three of us were getting headaches from the visuals so we just left and got our money back.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:56 AM   #7
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

I've asked for re-funds three times from a theatre, and each time I've gotten it. The first two were because of loud and annoying people and both times I was far from the only one asking for a re-fund... the big theatre here is pretty good about that sort of thing.

The other time it was when I went to see Driven... the only movie I've ever seen that I've walked out of. I asked for the manager and before even saying anything she said, "I bet you want your money back from Driven"... I nodded and she chuckled and said, "I completly understand, here you go."

I'm normally not someone who goes out of there way to be an annoying customer, but those three ocasions I couldn't let my money go down the crapper.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:23 AM   #8
WrongWay
Banned

WOW, after reading this thread I am ready to go see a bad movie. I can't believe some of the bad movies I have set through just because I thought there was nothing I could do about it.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #9
jackyl
H.S. Freshman Team

Not to sound like I'm that big of a cheap SOB, but I did this fairly often as a college student. Some movies and/or theaters even have a money-back guarantee. Cinderella Man earlier this summer was one of them (which was a good movie, but just an example). As long as you're at a chain theater, just complain about loud people or someone wouldn't take their baby out to the lobby and how it screamed its head off the whole movie, and you're in business.

Oh yeah, and don't ever ask for your money back at an indie film theater. I went to see a movie called Spaceman probably eight years ago, walked out, and asked for my money back. The manager then started peppering me with questions about the movie. After I told him what he wanted to know, he said I didn't give the film a chance and that I should go watch the rest of it, and promptly left.
jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:00 AM   #10
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Envvy wasntr tht bad,'

Plusl oyu shoyudlbtr be able to wak outr f a movie bc u saw it, Pay touyr shit and mkove on

Uh-oh. Shorty's drunk posting again.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:08 AM   #11
sabotai
General Manager

I once saw a woman argue with the manager at and AMC theater for over 10 minutes demanding her money back. She even had a large group of people backing her up (because they were trying to get their money back too). The manager wouldn't budge and inch.

But this was probably because they all sat through the whole movie (they were only backing her because they saw her argueing and decided "why not try to get my money back too"). I doubt there's a manager that will give you your money back after you saw the whole movie and didn't like it. If you left halfway through, or other people acted like jackasses, then you'll probably get it back.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-28-2005 at 09:08 AM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #12
Easy Mac

Why would you ask for your movie back? Its not really the theater's fault you thought the movie sucked. You've had ample time to read reviews and see if the movie agrees with you. Asking for money back is just retarded. If you can't afford to throw away $15 from time to time, you probably shouldn't be spending it in the first place.

I mean, practically every review said Alexander was complete shit. If you chose to ignore that, its not the theater's fault. That's like going to a restaurant that got crap reviews on its steaks, then going there and getting the steak and asking for your money back because it sucked.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #13
jackyl
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Why would you ask for your movie back? Its not really the theater's fault you thought the movie sucked. You've had ample time to read reviews and see if the movie agrees with you. Asking for money back is just retarded. If you can't afford to throw away $15 from time to time, you probably shouldn't be spending it in the first place.

I mean, practically every review said Alexander was complete shit. If you chose to ignore that, its not the theater's fault. That's like going to a restaurant that got crap reviews on its steaks, then going there and getting the steak and asking for your money back because it sucked.

But, what's the hurt in asking? The worst thing they could tell you is no, and if they do, life goes on. You already paid for it.

You're obviously not in sales. Actually, your comments gave me an idea for a new training exercise for our reps. Thanks.
jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #14
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:

I saw Alexander on opening night.

And, Yes I have sent a Steak back because it was not cooked properly or more likely wrong.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:26 AM   #15
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
I saw Alexander on opening night.

And, Yes I have sent a Steak back because it was not cooked properly or more likely wrong.

But there's a difference between not cooking it properly and already knowing it would suck ahead of time. There's something about researching a product before purchase that should enter into someone's mind if you're willing to spend money to purchase it. Seeing it on opening night is no excuse. There's hundred's of reviews out by that time, even if the studio hides the movie.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:32 AM   #16
WrongWay
Banned

I don't care if I am at McDonalds. If I bite into something that is not cooked properly I am sending it back.

If I go see a movie that is not properly done, I should have the opportunity to send it back too.

How about getting a refund because of the people in the audience?

Last edited by WrongWay : 08-28-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #17
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Agree 100%.

Even before opening night there are reviews of movies.

Can I walk out of a sporting event and get my money back if it was a boring game?

I've only walked out of one movie: AI. I thought the thing was horrible. I didn't even think of asking for my money back. I was dumb enough to be sucked in by the advertising, I didn't read the reviews, I lose. Life sucks, I move on.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #18
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't care if I am at McDonalds. If I bite into something that is not cooked properly I am sending it back.

If I go see a movie that is not properly done, I should have the opportunity to send it back too.

Agreed on the food. . . but it comes down to what you are sending it back for. If it's because the McDonalds burger doesn't taste like a slice of filet mignon, it's idiotic. If it tastes funny and you are concerned something might be wrong with it (or if they put a topping on you didn't request) you have every right to take it back.

And your last statement I agree with 100%. If other people in the audience are making the experience poor for you, that's the theatres responsiblity. It's their job to make sure the viewing "experience" is a good one.

It isn't their job to make sure you read the reviews, give you a personality test to determine your tastes in movies, give you an hour lecture prior to the movie to make sure it's "the right one for you."

That part is YOUR job. If you don't do it, don't bitch about forking over the money.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:20 AM   #19
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:

The difference is that particular McDonalds cooked the hamburger. The movie theater didn't make the movie. If you want to get your money back, write to the studio or hold a Cindy Sheehan sit-in outside Harvey Weinstein's house.

As for the audience, I might be able to support a refund in the right circumstances, but you have to bring the behavior to the attention of the theater before you should have the nerve to ask for a refund; and certainly not after you've watched the whole movie.

Going to a movie is a risk. It might be good and it might be bad. Like Troy said, would you try to get a refund after watching your team play poorly? If you don't like risking your money on watching a movie, I think television is for you. Wait until the movie comes on broadcast television and then it won't cost you a dime.

Asking for your a refund after a bad movie is just about the silliest idea I've ever heard.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #20
Lorena
Unregistered

I think it's much better to buy the movie once it's released on DVD than to fork over $20.00 for a movie you'll see only once. Sure you don't get the "movie experience", but it's yours to keep and you can watch it as many times as you want.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #21
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
The difference is that particular McDonalds cooked the hamburger. The movie theater didn't make the movie.

By that logic.. if I go to an electronics store and buy a TV.. take it home and it doesn't work.. then that store has absolutely no responsibility because they didn't make the TV.

Sorry, I don't buy that whole argument that if you don't like a movie that you should just bend over and take it in the ass.. and critics are for shit too.. people just aren't on the same wavelengths when it comes to likes or dislikes for movies. I've seen plenty of threads here were one person loves a movies and another person hates it.. Plus, wasn't there just a class action lawsuit where on of the studios used fake critics?

Maybe if enough people would start asking for money back then theater chains might start thinking about NOT showing movies like Alexander or Driven...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #22
jamesUMD
High School JV

I can't imagine demanding a refund either. I have only walked out of 1 movie before (Pulp Fiction) and did not ask for a refund. I also think this is somewhat silly. The audience type troubles or technical difficulties are the only viable reasons that I can think of.

Going to a restaraunt and not liking the way they cook their food, is different than their not having cooked their food as expected.

I actually have to say that I am amazed by this. Movies, IMO are like video games or books. There's only so much they can give away before there's no need to buy the product. If you can't filter out the hype, and buy a bad game or book after people have warned you through reviews and such, then it is just a bad purchase that you need to eat the cost of.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:45 PM   #23
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

I received a refund for Batman Begins without asking for it...not because it sucked (quite the contrary actually) but because the theatre lost power toward the end of the movie. The theatre manager gave everyone in the movie their money back actually. Of course, you still end up spending more than what it's worth in concessions but I thought it was an extremely nice gesture by the theatre.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:46 PM   #24
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
By that logic.. if I go to an electronics store and buy a TV.. take it home and it doesn't work.. then that store has absolutely no responsibility because they didn't make the TV.

Sorry, I don't buy that whole argument that if you don't like a movie that you should just bend over and take it in the ass.. and critics are for shit too.. people just aren't on the same wavelengths when it comes to likes or dislikes for movies. I've seen plenty of threads here were one person loves a movies and another person hates it.. Plus, wasn't there just a class action lawsuit where on of the studios used fake critics?

Maybe if enough people would start asking for money back then theater chains might start thinking about NOT showing movies like Alexander or Driven...

No, not the same if it's broke. The question is would they take back a brand new TV and give you a full refund if you didn't like the TV? Not because it was broke. Not because there was anything defective about the TV at all. You just didn't like it.

Now, some stores have return policies on smaller priced items. Hell, you can take just about anything back to Wal-Mart for instance, but that's because it's their return policy.

If more people started asking for their money back, it wouldn't stop bad movies, it would just make the theatres put in a full blown return policy that would state something along the lines of "NO REFUNDS."

Then you'd be forced to do the research that you should have done all along anyway.

Oh, and people do have different tastes, you are correct about that. That's why you go visiit this new invention called "the internet." (you've heard of it, you just posted afterall) With the "internet" you get thousands upon thousands of reviews for new movies at your fingertips. You even have websites like rottentomatoes.com that give you a ton of professional reviewers and their takes on all the latest movies.

To each their own. A few quick questions though. . . Does this count toward EVERYTHING? Do I get my money back if I hate a concert? If the home team loses? If I get halfway through a book and decide it sucks? If I buy the Sunday paper, read half of it and decide that it sucks? Where does my responsibility as a consumer end and their responsiblity as the maker or distributor of the product begin?

I guess I've had it wrong all of these years, because I thought it was my responsibility to make sure the money leaving my pocket went for things I truly want. This new age of not taking responsiblity for anything is kind of interesting to me. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #25
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
No, not the same if it's broke. The question is would they take back a brand new TV and give you a full refund if you didn't like the TV? Not because it was broke. Not because there was anything defective about the TV at all. You just didn't like it.
Precisley. If you take a TV back to Best Buy because it doesn't work, they'll give you a new TV or give you a refund. They have a policy on non-defective items return that they'll charge you a open-box processing fee, so you won't get a full refund if you don't like the picture or something.

Movie theaters don't have that policy. It's buyer beware. You know that going in. It's not a surprise. Why throw a stink to brow beat some poor person trying to do their job and helping to entertain you?

AMC has done a small-scale money-back-guaranteed promotion on a couple of movies. Don't know how that went over though. I think they only did it on some really good under-the-radar movies that most people wouldn't normally see just to get some people in the door.

I guess what bothers me is that it's silly stuff like this that costs all of us. We pay enough as consumers already to make up for the people who steal stuff. If everybody gets the idea that all they have to do is complain and and get refunds because they don't know how to be a discriminating, it's going to add to the price of everything we buy. I'm tired of supporting these people with my money.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #26
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

By the way, for the record, I've only asked for money back from a theater once and that was because they couldn't control the crowd and it was basically pointless to even attempt to watch the movie. And I also think anyone that sits through an entire movie and then asks for their money back shouldn't receive it..

But, sometimes, no matter how much research you do you can be misled. (Oh.. and not EVERYONE has use of the "internet" or utilizes it. You're going to condemn those people because they don't do things your way?). If you can make that determination 5-10 minutes into something, I think you should be allowed to ask for a refund. I don't see how the equates to stealing. If you wait until after the movie (or a meal).. sure, I would agree.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-28-2005, 04:48 PM   #27
JimboJ
High School Varsity

Liking movies and liking the way food tastes are both subjective things. You may love a movie and I may hate the same movie. Does that mean everyone who doesn't like a movie is entitled to a refund? And even if that was the policy, how do you prove you didn't like it? What if you watch the entire movie and then decide you didn't like the ending? If eveyone started doing this, how would theaters and movie makers stay in business?

This is much different that buying a TV, taking it home, and deciding you didn't like the way it looked in your house. Most places will allow you to return that TV in the same condition with the original packing materials, and get a refund. But the store can then resell it to someone else. Sure they might lose some money by having to sell it as an "open box" item. But there is also a cost to the consumer of having to rebox up the TV and haul it back to the store. The should act as a deterent to dishonest people who may, for example, buy a big screen TV just to watch the super bowl, and then return it afterward. When it comes to asking for a refund for a movie, there really is nothing to lose by asking for a refund, hence more people are likely to be dishonest about it.

As others have pointed out, the theater is not responsible for the quality of the film itself, only for the viewing experience, ie. making sure you can see it and hear it in comfort without distractions. As long as they provide this, you have no right to ask for a refund, IMO.

Last edited by JimboJ : 08-28-2005 at 04:48 PM.
JimboJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #28
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just got one (actually three).

Wife, mother-in-law, and I just saw the Brothers Grimm. The picture blanked out for about five minutes during the climax scene, so we got vouchers for another movie.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:55 PM   #29
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
By the way, for the record, I've only asked for money back from a theater once and that was because they couldn't control the crowd and it was basically pointless to even attempt to watch the movie. And I also think anyone that sits through an entire movie and then asks for their money back shouldn't receive it..

But, sometimes, no matter how much research you do you can be misled. (Oh.. and not EVERYONE has use of the "internet" or utilizes it. You're going to condemn those people because they don't do things your way?). If you can make that determination 5-10 minutes into something, I think you should be allowed to ask for a refund. I don't see how the equates to stealing. If you wait until after the movie (or a meal).. sure, I would agree.

Condemn those people to what exactly? The loss of ten dollars? Is that like condemning them to hell?

This is so bizzare to me that anyone would even think like this. Were I a theatre owner, I'd look at this thread and put up a "No Refunds" sign instantly.

I still want to know about all the other questions I asked. Hell, put your 5-10 minutes thing in front of any of the questions. (and to me that's the most laughable thing of your post, ten minutes? "yeah, honey, I sat through the opening credits and then they had this one scene I didn't really like, I was like so out of there. . .")
Old 08-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #30
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

There's been plenty of movies that got great reviews and I was less than impressed. (for example Lord of the Rings, I feel asleep due to boredom halfway through the movie).

And that whole "McDonalds didn't make my food right" analogy is completely off.
Leaving a movie because you didn't like it is more or less asking for a refund at McDs simply because you didn't like the food you got and the "cooks" made it right
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #31
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

No comment.. I'm not getting a pissing contest over something so stupid... You may think my comments are laughable.. fine.. whatever.

Last edited by Mustang : 08-28-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:24 PM   #32
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised by the turn this thread took to be honest -- I've seen at least a dozen different times through the years where people walked up to the window & said basically "this movie sucks, I want my money back", never seen it be any big deal, usually the manager just nods his head in agreement & gave 'em their money back.

It never crossed my mind that it was all that unusual to tell you the truth.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:58 PM   #33
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Man, you'd be a pretty big douchebag for asking for your money just because you didn't like it--especially if you sat through the whole thing.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #34
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

LOL@ anyone who said that "You had a chance to read the reviews, so it's your loss". Movie reviews are terribly subjective. If there is a complete consensus, then I suppose you could listen to the reviews. I've liked many movies that got horrible reviews, though...How about this=You pay $4.50. If you liked the movie, you pay the 5 extra bucks at the end. If you thought it sucked, you don't give them another dime.

Oh, and to anyone that says "The poor little ol' theater didn't make the movie! Don't punish them!!!", let me remind you how many $4.00 sodas I've bought from movie theaters. They pay their employees $6.75 an hour, so I know that the Milliplex isn't going to shut down because I asked for my money back.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:29 PM   #35
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think one theatre i went to had a sign that you could only get a refund if you left within the first 15 minutes....something to that effect.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:31 PM   #36
jbmagic
Pro Starter

if its ok to ask for refund for a bad movie, i guess its ok to ask for a refund at a sporting event too?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #37
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Reminds me of a phone call I got the other day...

Quote:
Me: Hi, This is RPI-Fan.
Customer: Hi, I bought a pair of Nikes at [your store] about a year ago.
Me: Sure, what's the problem?
Customer: Well, they're starting to get a small hole in the top of them.
Me: Oh, well how often do you use them?
Customer: Not that much. I run an hour per day every day.
Me: Hmm, well I'm not sure that I can do anything about that, you'll have to talk with Nike.
Customer: Wait, I can't bring them back to your store?!
Me: Well, we might be able to work with you. Do you have your receipt?
Customer: Hell no! I bought them over a year ago, why would I have the receipt?!

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 08-28-2005 at 08:34 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:40 PM   #38
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
if its ok to ask for refund for a bad movie, i guess its ok to ask for a refund at a sporting event too?

Nope, not the same thing. I bet if you got seated by obnoxious drunken bastards who were breaking the rules of conduct for the crowd, and you made and issue about it, the stadium staff might either try to move your seats, or give you a refund. Otherwise I would think not.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:46 PM   #39
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Nope, not the same thing. I bet if you got seated by obnoxious drunken bastards who were breaking the rules of conduct for the crowd, and you made and issue about it, the stadium staff might either try to move your seats, or give you a refund. Otherwise I would think not.

So if that stuff does NOT happen, what makes it Ok to ask for one at a movie, but not a sporting event?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #40
Joe
Pro Starter

asking for a refund after you've watched the whole movie is like trying to return a steak to the kitchen after you've eaten the whole thing. too damn bad I say.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:58 PM   #41
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
So if that stuff does NOT happen, what makes it Ok to ask for one at a movie, but not a sporting event?

Hundreds of years of history of the crowd being able to ask for a refund at a show/performance?
Old 08-28-2005, 09:04 PM   #42
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hundreds of years of history of the crowd being able to ask for a refund at a show/performance?

There's a "history" of drunk driving. Does that make it an acceptable thing to do?
Old 08-28-2005, 09:12 PM   #43
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
I think one theatre i went to had a sign that you could only get a refund if you left within the first 15 minutes....something to that effect.
What is wrong with this?

BTW--- I am pretty sure the NFL gave a refund back on it's Scab Games to ticket holders.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:18 PM   #44
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
There's a "history" of drunk driving. Does that make it an acceptable thing to do?

Que?

Strawman, kirby puckett...some shit like that....
Old 08-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #45
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

I wasn't aware of a history of this going back hundreds of years. Source?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #46
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
What is wrong with this?

BTW--- I am pretty sure the NFL gave a refund back on it's Scab Games to ticket holders.

Nothing wrong with a theatre posting that you can get a refund within 15 minutes.

Now, I'm not sure who would leave a movie after 15 minutes, but to each their own.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 PM   #47
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now, I'm not sure who would leave a movie after 15 minutes, but to each their own.

2 words...

Addams Family..

Oy...
Old 08-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #48
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesUMD
I have only walked out of 1 movie before (Pulp Fiction) and did not ask for a refund.

pity. good movie. ever try and watch it again?

i got my money back for ladies man (sorry, franklin). i left 20 mins in.

now that i think about, it is kind of weird that movie companies will do that. but then again, it's always been like that, so i never questioned it.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #49
JimboJ
High School Varsity

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a theatre posting that you can get a refund within 15 minutes.

Maybe if you have kids with you, and your realize the movie is not really appropriate for your kids.
JimboJ is offline   Reply With Quote