Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Fm06: Glory, Glory Revolution! (New England)

As a long time member of the Midnight Riders, (The New England Revolution Supporters Club), and a person who stands loyally in the Fort whenever I can, it gives me great pleasure to state that my first FM2006 game will involve the team I root for most, the New England Revolution!

New England hire Yellope as Manager

New England Revolution have announced that rookie David Yellope will be the replacement for outgoing manager Steve Nicol at Gilette Stadium.

It is Yellope's first job in management and it is highly unlikely that the New England fans will be upset that a completely unproven manager has been placed in charge.

Pundits meanwhile remain unsure that Yellope will be able to attract the sort of players to the club that he will require if he is to build a team capable of challanging the bigger clubs in the future.

Personal Message from Robert Kraft

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(hate when I do that)

Personal Message from Robert Kraft

New England Chairman Robert Kraft has welcomed you to Gilette Stadium and told you to ignore the media's claims that you are too inexperienced for the job.

The club expect the manager to invest in new players and start rebuilding the team during this season.

To help you acheive this, the New England board have given you a transfer budget of $140k, the wage budget for this season will be $240,000 per week.

In terms of your contract with the club, you have been given a deal until December 2005 worth $15,500 per week.

So it looks like I'm on a one year make good contract.. time to make good I guess
Old 10-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
KevinNU7
College Starter

Do you have to buy your players through the MLS? Or is the game not THAT emersed?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:18 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quick run down of the squad entering February: (Starters are in BOLD, Players who start the year on our Reserves squad are in Italics)

Goalkeepers

Matt Reis is our starter. He's one of the top goalies in MLS, so it's really good to have a capable keeper. All GK Stats are 11+

Doug Warren will be the backup. Fair to middlin, he has some average stats, but is pretty capable for a backup.

T.J. Tomasso is our third stringer. He's got a couple years before he takes up a full roster spot (he's 21), so hopefully we can get him some experience the next couple years.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Do you have to buy your players through the MLS? Or is the game not THAT emersed?

They didn't do Single-entity, which is good.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Defenders

Michael Parkhurst is a 21 year old rookie, and since I'm going to modle my tactics after the real life Revs (IE, running a 3-5-2, possibly with different players), the rookie is going to have to do a lot in a three man backline, but the kid looks to have rookie of the year potential. He's officially considered by Assistant Manager Paul Mariner to be the best defender we have.

Daniel Hernandez played for us two years ago, and didn't exactly get along too well with former boss Stevie Nicol, but that's ok.. he's back now and there's no hard feelings. He is a pretty good player, and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores some goals, he has good long shot and free kick stats.

Avery John is a starter, but we may look to move him if we can, because the fact is, he's a senior international (for Trinidad and Tobago) and there are other positions that need strengthening. He's a good man-marker, (13 rating), and keeps himself in game shape.. so not bad..

Jay Heaps will switch in and out with John. Absolutely dependable.. and absolutely average, but very good at getting up to head out the crosses.

Jeff Larentowicz has another young player, that might see limited action as a sub, more likely going to play in the reserves.

Tony Lochland is a New Zealand International, recently picked up in the draft. He gets to top speed quickly. Wish he was trainable at midfield, but he's got a couple years before he's going to be anything, and that may be time he doesn't have, since he's an international player.

Luke Vercollone made two appearances for us in 2003, but hasn't played since. With the new Reserves setup, he'll probably play for them exclusively. Have listed him for loan.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Midfield

Steve Ralston will anchor the right side. Has 28 caps for the USA (and three goals). In Real Life, he scored the goal against Mexico which clinched the USA's qualifying for World Cup 2006. Good crosser/corner taker. More of a wide player, average strength at best. Great teamwork/workrate.. he'll be an asset.

Joey Franchino will be the first choice at the other side of midfield. A captain in past years, he's one of those players who you love on your team (when he's not doing something STUPID to the other team), and if he's on another team, you despise (especially when he's doing something STUPID to your team). More of a defender then an attacking midfielder, I might look to put someone more attack minded there.

Clint Dempsey He's the closest things the Revs have to a superkid. At Age 21, he already has a bunch of caps for USA (12, 2 goals), and is one of those players who can flash to the net from somewhere and completely shock the defense. Also known for his goal celebrations . Valued at 3.6 Million dollars.

Shalrie Joseph Nicknamed Bullie by his teammates, this dreadlocked star (who sometimes does his hair up in dreadlock pigtails, if you can believe that!), is known for his tenacious defense. He'll be the midfielder that drops back and starts the attack, and is just a bull. 18 in Jumping and 19 in strength to go with the 17 in Marking and 20 in Teamwork, means that every time this Grenadan International (he also has American Nationality, which means the US really could use him recently) is available, he will start. Likely will be our captain.

Andy Dorman is the Revs supersub in years past, I think I will start him and see how he does. The Welshman has played several positions in Real Life, but he will be a central type (while listed as a natural DM C, he's an accomplished central midfielder, and competent at playing central defense). He's more of a pass type then a scoring midfielder.

James Riley was picked by Nicol in the latest draft, and he can be a defender (not in our 3-5-2, unfortunately, he's a right sider), as well as a midfielder (or attacking midfielder!) and very agile.

Gilberto Flores is a brazillian who will fill one of our transitional international positions, and is pretty good, he can also play defensive midfielder, and at age 21, is a pretty good finisher, plus he's fast!

Khano Smith was teaching English at a Bermudan middle school before we picked him up. He's a left sided midfielder who is a below-average striker as well, but he's got good pace, and good Jumping and Strength. Likely will get a lot of playing time at left midfield.

Jose Cancela: When he plays, (which wasn't much this year IRL with Nicol) is a good playmaker option, but very streaky. Will have awesome games, and then awful games. Will start on the bench, probably.

Marshall Leonard is a versatile player who has a quick acceleration and not much else, he's dependable and works well with his teammates, but a lot of the time it's because somebody's covering for his mistakes. Been placed on the transfer list.

Easton Wilson is young, but I don't see him playing much at either midfield side, and will have to show me something to get a contract renewal when it ends at the end of this year.

Ryan Latham Has a two year contract, not sure he'll be here for the whole thing, but he's a pretty influential player for the Reserves.

Connaly Edozien Is the proverbial Bull In a China Shop forward. He will get stuck in very quickly. Has good finishing stats, so hopefully we can get him some playing time with the first team.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Forwards

We're limited here, but we also have Smith and Edozien from the midfielder sets.

Taylor Twellman A very good "target" forward type. Valued at 2 Million, recently in real life scored his first goal for the USA (against Panama). Very determined (19 rating), and a good finisher (16) with the foot and the head (17). A #1 choice always. Only 24, too.

Pat Noonan More of a complimentary player to Twellman, but very brave, all above average stats, (except for defensive ones). Will score his share.

Jamie Holmes is a possible diamond in the rough.. but it's very rough. Only on the first team roster due to an absence of pure strikers.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:03 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Players who have interest in them:

Jay Heaps (FC Dallas)
Clint Dempsey (Salzburg, of Austria)
Old 10-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #10
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

SCORE! will def. be reading this
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:15 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

1/31: We sign up for two more friendlies (bringing it up to a total of 5). Since I don't want to open up Gilette for a few hundred people for friendlies, they are all on the road versus: Richmond, Western Mass, Northern Virginia, Atlanta and Long Island.

Eddie Johnson is no longer a member of the Hoops (FC Dallas), as the hot scoring US Striker (8 goals in 8 games), was sold to Feyenoord of the Eredivisie for 4.9 Million.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

1/31 Evening: Salzburg send an official enquiry to the Revolution asking how much we want for Clint Dempsey. I see a note that Dempsey's agent wants to be able to talk to Salzburg.. but if you think I'm letting him go EASY, you're nuts. I tell Salzburg if they pony up $6 Million, they can have him.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2/4: We have a loan approach for England's Blackburn Rovers player Jemal Johnson (an American) accepted, but he prefers to go to Morecambe over us.

2 teams have submitted bids for Marshall Leonard, and I accept them both (both teams offer 8K, + 24K over that many months, and 20% of next sale). Leonard decides to join the Rochester Raging Rhinos, and that's that.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #14
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2/6: Three Revs are called up for the USA's first Final Phase World Cup Qualifier versus Jamaica (the three being Noonan, Dempsey, and Ralston). Avery John was called up for TnT as well.

We haven't heard anything from Salzburg, so it looks like that won't happen.

2/8 Matt Reis rolls his ankle in training and will miss 2 weeks to a month. Since we have that long before friendlies start, no big deal.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2/9 Looks like it's a horrible start for the Yanks, as goals from Real Salt Lake's Robert Scarlett, and David Johnson (the first goals for either of them in a Jamaican uniform) gave the Reggae Boyz a 2-0 win. Dempsey played all ninety minutes, and was ok, and Taylor Twellman had a chance to break his FM2006 International scoreless streak, but his penalty kick blasted off the post. *wince*

Avery John was average at best, and Costa Rica defeated TnT 2-0 as well.

In the final CONCACAF WCQ, Mexico defeated Honduras 2-1.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:17 PM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2/20: I think we've solved our last midfield spot/reserve striker issue: We see that the Metrostars have put Mike Magee in the reserves, and while it was somewhat costly (Jaime Holmes and a 2nd rounder in the Superdraft), we are able to acquire Magee.

Click on it for a larger size.

Not bad, huh?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

UAE's Al-Ain signs Eddie Gaven from the Mutts (from now on, that's their name Not the metrostars, they're freakin MUTTS!) for 3.7 million dollars. I snicker. Good luck Eddie, Can I interest you in a bulk rate on air conditioners?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:06 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/6 Finally, it's time to play some games.. our first game is against the Richmond Kickers. Reis is still out, but that's ok.. we send out the following lineup.

(Left to right)
GK Warren
Defense: John, Hernandez, Parkhurst
Midfield:Smith, Dempsey, Joseph, Ralston, Noonan
Forwards: Twellman, McGee

We dominate the first half hour putting several shots near the target, but we're down 1-0 24 minutes in when Warren charges out to cut the angle on a Richmond attacker who Joseph was shutting down, and a cross to 30 year old Dusty Swineheart (great name) who puts it away for the goal.

We're down 1-0 at the break, despite out shooting them 6-4.

It gets worse early in the 2nd half when Hernandez gives up a penalty (getting booked in the process) on an innocuous foul, and Swineheart makes it 2-0 Richmond.

Then we shift out most of our first team out, and we play much better, but we just can't finish (1 of our first 10 shots was on net). Edozien scores a scrambled goal in the 87th minute.

Richmond 2-1 New England

Warren gets a 5, which I tell him is embarassing, and I tell Edozien that's the kind of stuff we're looking for.. the rest of them.. I say they must play better next time around.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/8 We bring in Ricardo Phillips from Panamanian side Tauro to give us some depth. He only costs $10,000, so if we decide not to keep him, it's no big deal to cut him
Old 10-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #20
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

you can cut peeps in this game? or is it just in the MLS?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/9: Before our game against the Western Mass Pioneers, we get good news, that Matt Reis has been cleared to practice starting tommorrow.

And apparently, the team's taken my thoughts about our finishing to heart.. because 45 seconds into the game, Ralston (back on the right) hits a beautiful cross that Twellman runs on to and heads it home for a quick quick 1-0 lead.

Five minutes later.. Ralston corner.. Taylor Twellman header.. yup! Dey Done Dood it again! 2-0 Revs.

Joseph adds a third when he's put through by Noonan one on one with the goalie, and only 14 minutes in, 3-0 Revs.

The rest of the half is just us hammering on their net, time after time, but somehow we fail to add a fourth, but it's 3-0 New England.

With the subs in, and the game firmly in hand, we kinda take our foot off the gas, and Neil Kraus gets one back off a corner kick for Western Mass.. but that wakes up the boys, and in the 61st minute, sub Khano Smith gets a cleared cross right outside the box and rifles a shot past the keeper to make it 4-1 Revs.

Warren makes a good save late in a one on one situation, and the final score is 4-1.

We out shot them 16-8 (6-3 on target). Nice win.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #22
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
you can cut peeps in this game? or is it just in the MLS?

In MLS, the contracts aren't guaranteed like elsewhere, IIRC
Old 10-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #23
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/10 In the North American Champions Cup, two MLS teams are in action. In the first leg (home-away, total goals, away goals as a tiebreaker), Kansas City shut out Costa Rican side Saprissa 2-0, while DC United will come home for the 2nd leg down a goal to Guatemalan side Communicaciones, 2-1.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 PM   #24
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/12 Well, good news and bad news. We beat Northern Virginia 4-1, with goals from Twellman, Noonan (2) and Phillips (his first for the club). But Twellman will miss up to three months with a torn groin muscle. Good thing we got Magee as backup, huh?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Magee's profile does make him look good. I'm reading along with interest
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #26
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We sort things out, with our roster for the MLS season. We have 27 players on the squad (max is 28), and we have a combination of 7 Internationals (which is the max, 4 Transitional Internationals and 3 Senior Internationals.

Magee and Phillips are our new strike force, with Noonan dropping back to midfield.

With our new lineup we take on Atlanta in our fourth preseason friendly, and despite going down 1-0 in the sixth minute, goals by Hernandez (25th minute) and Phillips (30th) is enough for the 2-1 win.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #27
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's the odds for the top teams in MLS:

Mutts: 2-1
Kansas City: 5-2
Chicago 3-1
LA 6-1
DC United 8-1
Columbus 8-1

We're 16-1, and they're afraid we'll finish bottom. With Twellman out, it's going to be tough, but I think we'll be an ok team.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/23: Three players called up for International Games: Clint Dempsey for the US WCQ, Avery John for the TnT WCQ, and Mike Magee for the USA U-20 team versus Honduras.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:34 PM   #29
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Our last preseason game pits the Revs against the Long Island Rough Riders, and with the season opener just 8 days away, I'm just hoping to get the guys through safe. Winning is secondary, but it stinks to give up a two goal lead (goals by Noonan and Ricardo Phillips) and tie 2-2. But no biggie.

Mike Magee played for the USA U20 squad at home against Honduras, and came on at halftime, got two shots on target, and scored 1 as the young Yanks beat Honduras 3-1. Nice, Mike.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #30
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/28 The USA managed to get a point in their 2nd World Cup Qualifier game against Honduras, but they threw away the other two points, as a Landon Donovan hat-trick (goals in 13th, 20th and 31st minutes, goes for only a point, as Suazo, Saul Martinez and Mauricio Castro score goals to peg the USA back to a 3-3 draw.

Clint Dempsey played well, and got an assist for the US.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #31
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/30 Blargle, Avery John came back limping slightly after a late challenge in the TnT WCQ, and will miss a week. That, combined with Jose Cancela suffering a bruised rib means it's a rough week on the bodies of the Revs players. I tell the Physios to give Cancela a painkilling injection, we might need him against Chicago..

Marcus Romaniero comes down with a cold, and is cordially invited to stay at home until he feels better. If he spreads it to other, better players... *grrr*
Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM   #32
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3/31 - Well, the USA has two points from three games, and they needed a injury time from Oguchi, Onyewu (known as Gooch), as they drew 2-2 with Trinidad and Tobago at Port-au-Prince. This is the standings after three games (top 3 qualify for World Cup, 4th plays off against an Asian team)

Mexico 9
Costa Rica 6
Honduras 4
Jamaica 3
USA 2
Trinidad and Tobago 1

So right now, the USA is out of the World Cup.. but there are seven more qualifiers to go.

But now.. onto the regular season..
Old 10-25-2005, 10:28 PM   #33
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Fire Bruce NOW!

Love, BigSoccer

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 10-25-2005 at 10:29 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #34
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

4/2- at Chicago Fire (Chicago 6-4, Draw 2-1, New England 13-8)

Here's our lineup:

GK: Reis
DC: Heaps, Parkhurst, Hernandez
MF: Franchino, Dempsey, Joseph (C), Noonan, Ralston
FC: Magee, Phillips

Urgh. Awful start for the Revs as Thiago rips a 25 yard Free Kick into the top corner, and 2:24 in, 1-0 Fire. Magee had a great chance on a counter, ten minutes later but a Fire player just got enough on it to deflect it out for a corner.

15 minutes in, Noonan had a chance right on the edge of the box, and poink.. right off the post and in.. GOAL REVS.. 1-1

Phillips is absolutely robbed by a great save as we nearly take the lead 5 minutes after the goal.. unfortunately, right after that we gets some bad news, as Parkhurst is injured after a challenge by Rolfe, and has to come off. Lochhead will make his debut in his place.

26 minutes in, a clearance by Shalrie Joseph found Phillips on the break, and he crossed it, with CJ Brown tring to clear it, but he scuffed the ball and it went to Mike Magee, and it was Christmas in April for the young newcomer, and he slammed it past Thornton! GOALLLL REVS 2-1!

Unfortunately, the 3-5-2 is weak in the back, and Rolfe beat Heaps to the ball and scored, so it was 2-2 after 35 minutes.

But this game is turning into an offensive fest, and minutes after that Thornton misjudged a Franchino cross, and flapped at it ineffectually, hitting the ball off CJ Brown, and Ralston pounced on it, knocking it in from a narrow angle.. GOALLLLL REVS 3-2.. and we're not even 40 minutes into the game!

Thankfully, there was no more scoring in the first half, so we went into the break up 3-2! We've outshot them.. 10 (7 on net) for us, to 7 (4 on net) for them.

Dempsey's taken a knock and down to 64% condition, so he'll come off for Riley at halftime, and I tell the guys that this is exactly what we want on offense, and just need to be a bit tighter on D...

(MLS Rules that state the away team may have 5 people registered for substitutes and the home team has 9 makes a BIG difference when coaching, trust me!)

The second half is waves of attacks, from both sides. Thornton manages to parry a Phillips volley.. while Rolfe had a shot for his second, only to hit the crossbar.

With a half hour to play, we're still up 3-2, and I tell the team to dial back the attacking intensity a bit, trying to protect the lead. Bad idea, as it turns out. 65th minute, Slovakian international Lubomir Reiter scores and it's 3-3.

Two mintues later, U21 capped Craig Capano scores on a goal that Reis was stranded on, and Chicago's retaken the lead 4-3! GAAAHHH!

In the final minute of normal time, Nate Jaqua adds a fifth, and that's the final 5-3. Riley ended up with a 5, and Heaps, who had an 8 at halftime, ended up with a 6.

It was a good game, but really disappointing. I tell the guys that, but there's not much you can do.. besides maybe go back to a 4-4-2.

Final stats 19 Shots (12 on net) for Chicago, 15 Shots (10 on Net) for the Revs.. but the important one.. 5-3 Chicago.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #35
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Fire Bruce NOW!

Love, BigSoccer

*laughs* You've pegged it correctly.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:42 PM   #36
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The good news is, Parkhurst is only going to miss between 4 days and a week. He's bruised pretty good from the Rolfe elbow, but he'll be fine. Hopefully having him and Avery John back next week will make a difference, otherwise it's formation change time.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:52 PM   #37
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Catching up on MLS..

It was a good second leg for the MLS teams in the Champions Cup, as Kansas City beat Saprissa 1-0 in the 2nd leg, to advance 3-0 on aggregate, while DC United laid a 3-0 whoopin on Communicaciones to advance 4-2 on aggregate.

They both drew Mexican opponents for the Semifinals:

DC United are a goal down again entering the home leg, as they lost the first leg to Monterrey 2-1, and it's pretty much over in the other semifinal, as Pumas laid a 4-0 thrashing on the Wizards.. so barring collapse, there will be at least one Mexican team in the final.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:10 PM   #38
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

4/10/05: New England at LA Galaxy

(odds: 5-4 LA, Draw 11-5, Revs 7-4)

We have John back, but Parkhurst will at least START on the bench.

Free hint to the Revs defense, when Landon Donovan gets the ball just passed the midline, and the last defender is even with him.. you're doomed. So's Matt Reis. We're down, 9 minutes into the game, and I'm just grinding my teeth here.

Donovan added a 2nd 5 minutes later, and there's not much else in the first half, but for the Galaxy, didn't need anything else. 2-0 at the break.

We manage to score one with 20 minutes to play, with Noonan scoring, but we still have one more to get. Nonetheless.. GOOOOALLL REVS 1-2

And that's the game. 2-1 Galaxy win. But we played much better in the 2nd half.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #39
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The reserves lost their first game of the year, to Chivas reserves 2-1.

4/14: Rochester makes a bid for Easton Wilson, offering 5K up front, 20K over 24 months and 20% of next sale. I can go for that, and accept the offer.

4/16: Game 3 AT Mutts (Metrostars 5-4 Fav, Draw 11-5, Revs 7-5)

We suck in the first 10 minutes of games. I can't explain it, but we do.. 5 minutes in Auntie Ratsass, er.. Ante Razov.. scores on us and puts us down a goal, 1-0. Not 90 seconds later, Jamie Holmes makes it 2-0 Mutts, and I'm just PISSED off.

32nd minute, Razov makes it 3-nil, and that's pretty much the end of the 3-5-2 after today.

Razov makes it a hattrick early in the 2nd half, and just for good measure, adds a fourth at the hour mark.. 5-0. DAMN.

It's not a happy ride home as we try to figure out what to do to fix this traveshammockery.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #40
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I make the mistake of popping off to the Press post game how Matt seemed to be always turning the ball back out of his net, and it turns into a slam story in the local papers.. but Matt understands pretty much. Giving up an average of 4 a game is NOT acceptable, even with a bad backline.

Wilson rejects the contract offer, maybe he thinks with our bad play so far, he can get some time.

We switch to a 4-4-2 attacking, and see if that will help.. our next four games are at home, and we need some points.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:53 PM   #41
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

KC won a moral victory in the 2nd leg, beating Pumas 1-0 and losing 4-1 on aggregate, and DC United fell JUST short, drawing with Monterrey 4-4, losing 6-5 on aggregate, and it will be a all-Mexican Champions Cup Final

4/20: Game Four: Vs KC (NE 6-4 Fav, Draw 2-1, KC 13-8)

Well, this one isn't exactly sedate early as both Reis and Bo Oshoniyi (the Wizards keeper) make a couple good saves early, but the big point was at the half hour mark, where Latham had a full step on the defense, and Jose Burciaga Jr was forced to tug his uniform to slow him down. Well, the ref saw that and with Burciaga the last man.. that's a penalty and a red card. Joey Franchino converted the PK, and the Revs led 1-0 and were a man up. GOOOOALLLL REVS!

5 minutes after that, a beautiful play, I wish I had saved it to show you all.

Avery John to Parkhurst to Ralston, building up from deep in our end.. Ralston with the run and the cross.. Magee WIDE open and he easily put it home.. 2-0... GOOOOOALLL REVS!

That's the score at halftime, and the Wizards pack the box in the 2nd half, they just don't have enough folks, and somehow we don't score more, as Bo Oshoniyi goes super goalie on us, but a 2-0 win, and our first points of the year... works for me!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:12 AM   #42
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Al Ain splash the cash AGAIN on an american, this time 2.5 Million dollars for Colorado Goalie Joe Cannon.

4/23: Game 5 vs San Jose (Revs 13-8, Draw 2-1, San Jose 6-4 (FAV))

We're definitely the underdogs, as our 2nd game in three days means we have a bit of a patchwork lineup, but I think the win against the Wizards gave us some confidence..

We nearly took the lead (after San Jose had a goal disallowed for offsides) when Khano Smith had Phillips open at the six yard box, but the header went off the cross bar and was cleared off the line..

Just before the halftime whistle, Cerritos scored on a free kick, and it was 1-0 Earthquakes at the half.

We have a couple good oportunities but Onstad (MLS Goalie of the Year in real life) kept us out, and late, Parkhurst was sent off for deliberate handball in the box, De Rosario converted the penalty, and that was that. 2-0 San Jose final.

It wasn't that bad a loss, but we'll miss Parkhurst for the game against Columbus as he gets a one game suspension for the Red Card.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 AM   #43
Flasch186
Coordinator

LOL check out your toolbar.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #44
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

4/27: Game Six: Vs Columbus (Revs 6-4 (FAV), Draw 2-1, Columbus 13-8)

Third match in a week's time then, time to see what we're made of.

Both sides have a couple good opportunities to score, but we take the advantage late in the first half when Phillips's shot is blocked into Mike Magee's path and he slams the ball home. GOALLLLL REVS 1-0.

That's the way it goes till late in the 2nd half, when Mario Rodriguez scores the equalizer late, but we still get a point.

1-1 final.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #45
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
LOL check out your toolbar.

You mean the one with the big PING: SirFozzie thread in General Discussion?

Yer all pervs, all of yas
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 AM   #46
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

4/30: Game Seven: Vs DC (Revs 6-4 (FAV), Draw 2-1, DC 13-8)

DC is in last place in the east, we're in fifth. A win is a must here.

Talk about your schedule congestion though!

Well, Noonan is through on net but way out from goal, Kenny Arena fouls Noonan and gets sent off in the fourth minute! A good sign for the Revs.

A bad sign however, is that we have contant pressure on the DC net but can't score. Worse yet, the defenders come up too far and Jaime Moreno gets a one on one with Matt Reis, and it's quickly one-nil to the hated United.

Moreno does pick up a tweak, so he's out before halftime.. but the 2nd half, DC Bunkers, and we just can't get an open man to take the shot.

We fall into last with the 1-0 loss.

Damnit.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:02 AM   #47
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Rev Reserves defeat the Mutts 2-1 in the 2nd reserve game.

5/7 Game Eight: At Coloradio (Colorado 13-8, Draw 2-1, Revs 6-4 (FAV)

A full week off between games. What a luxury! Twellman's practicing again, so that's good.. hopefully we can work him into the starting rotation soon.

We take a 1-0 lead 7 minutes in as Franchino finds Noonan at the top of the 18, and Noonan takes a couple of steps and beats the goalie. GOOOOOALL REVS!

Unfortunately, at the 20th minute we give up a real dubious penalty, (Parkhurst called for a body check), and Beckerman converts.. 1-1

In the 40th minute, Ralston is limping and comes off.. and Hernandez is just having an AWFUL game (a 4 rating!!!) so he comes off too. This shit has got to end.

It's 1-1 deep into the 2nd half when we give up a goal, and lose.

Again.

This shit's getting old fast.

Except..

we don't.

Lose that is.

2 minutes after they scored, with the Revs throwing caution to the wind, sub Jose Cancela scores a tying goal, and we get a point out of it. 2-2.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-26-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:23 AM   #48
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

5/14: Game 9 Vs Real Salt Lake (New England 6-4, Draw 2-1, Real Salt Lake 13-8)

Twellman is in practice, but he's nowhere near starting as he's only at 76%. But it's a good sign..

Kreis scores first in the sixth minute for Real Salt Lake, but Magee ties it up at halftime, and right after the halftime break, Noonan makes it two. GOOOOOALL REVS!

The expected downer comes shortly there after when Hernandez is sent off for a last defender foul.. but.. we don't give up.. we fight.. we even have a third by Magee taken off for offside, and STILL we don't give up.

We manage to crawl our way to a 2-1 WIN!

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-26-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #49
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

5/18 Game 10 Vs Chicago (New England 6-4, Draw 2-1, Chicago 13-8)

Chicago leads the East right now with 16 points, but they haven't exactly been setting the league on fire (4 wins, 4 draws in 9 games). Twellman returns to the starting lineup, but at 90% may not go the full 90 minutes.

This could be another high scoring affair, two minutes in Noonan scores off a feed from Dempsey.. 1-0 GOOOOOALL Revs!

Four minutes later, we take a free kick quickly, as Joseph slides it out to Heaps who's making a run on the right side.. crossed.. NOONAN! NOONAN! NOONAN! 2-0.. GOAL REVS!

It's 2-0 at the halftime break.. and with Wilson injured, and Twellman not fit to go 90, I tell them to back off a bit.. mindful that it cost us in our previous meeting with the Fire.. there's some anxious moments.. but the whistle blows, and the Revs have won two in a row!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #50
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's the standings (I miss the Print to Text button, I may be missing it..) As always.. click for a larger picture.