Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Tiger Woods to buy $40 million home in Florida

Link

Quote:
Golf superstar Tiger Woods, the top-earning athlete in America, has agreed to pay "in the neighborhood" of $40 million for a 10-acre oceanfront compound on Jupiter Island, according to real estate agents familiar with the deal.

"It's a really high price and everyone's blown away," said Chappy Adams, president of Illustrated Properties in Palm Beach Gardens, which is not involved in the transaction.

The property Tiger Woods is buying extends from the Intracoastal to the Atlantic. The large house near the top center of the photo is the main house.

It's a record sale for Forbes magazine's "Most Expensive ZIP Code."

More astounding than the price, though, is that Woods, who earned $89.4 million in 2004 in endorsements and tournament winnings, intends to tear down the 13-year-old main house in the 400 block of South Beach Road, real estate agents say.

"The main house is in very good condition, but I'd think that someone who paid that much would want to put their own stamp on it," Jupiter area real estate agent Dolly Peters said. "I'd be surprised if he didn't tear it down."

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I've always wanted to own a compound.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #3
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud

I feel like vomiting.

Edited to remove an image that makes certain people "uncomfortable".

Last edited by Schmidty : 01-08-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #4
Lorena
Unregistered

40 million is that it? Tiger Woods can wipe his ass with that money.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:31 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah, that's not even half of what he makes in a year between earnings and endorsements.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #6
Philliesfan980
Banned

I'm sure (well, not really, but I'd imagine), that Tiger Woods gives his fair share of charitable contributions. Why should he feel guilty about spending the money that HE earned? Is he supposted to give $40 million to charity?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Meanwhile, I just bought a packet of cookies and a pint of milk at the BP.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
I'm sure (well, not really, but I'd imagine), that Tiger Woods gives his fair share of charitable contributions. Why should he feel guilty about spending the money that HE earned? Is he supposted to give $40 million to charity?

His foundation gives big bucks to all sorts of causes related to youth around the world and he's been doing it since he first went pro. Heck, he's another one of those athletes that gets the corporate sponsors to pitch in money for causes that his foundation doles out money to, as well.

And unlike many athletes, he's not bragging when he could or looking for some sort of photo op. He just makes it happen and does stuff. He also donates the winnings of that one tournament that Target sponsors to his foundation and the year he won it, it was over $1m...that's not counting other stuff, so...at least he's not like those athletes who say they'll give back and never do.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #9
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
His foundation gives big bucks to all sorts of causes related to youth around the world and he's been doing it since he first went pro. Heck, he's another one of those athletes that gets the corporate sponsors to pitch in money for causes that his foundation doles out money to, as well.

And unlike many athletes, he's not bragging when he could or looking for some sort of photo op. He just makes it happen and does stuff. He also donates the winnings of that one tournament that Target sponsors to his foundation and the year he won it, it was over $1m...that's not counting other stuff, so...at least he's not like those athletes who say they'll give back and never do.

Yeah, thanks for validating my point.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #10
TroyF
Coordinator

That was beyond sick schmidty.

Do you have an internet bill, a cable bill, and live in the cheapest place you can afford? Do you own a computer, purchase games for that computer, and have a CD player?

All of that stuff is non essential. Get rid of it and start sending at least 15% of your paycheck (minimum) to charitable organizations.

I rarely feel sorry for athletes. They are in the spotlight and they deserve grief. But when something like that is posted, I do. Tiger has earned every penny he's made. And even if he chose to keep it all and not donate a penny, that's his choice to make. Fact is, at over 70+ million a year and with a bank account that has to be nearing a billion, if not more with another 20 years of this earning potential MINIMUM, I don't think the house is that excessive.

He'll have plenty of money to donate to charities and probably donates more time and money into them in one year than most of us will in our entire lifetimes.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #11
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Looks like my in-laws will be running into Tiger now. My father-in-law had done quite a bit of work on Jupiter Island, mainly home reconstructions but not anymore (too old). One of my sister-in-law's kids played on the same softball team as Morgan, Greg Norman's girl, back about 10 yrs ago. She gave Greg an earful one game, but that's another story. But as the article said, Jupiter Island is quite low-key and accessible. I didn't read the article closely but will Woods still keep the Windemere property?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
Philliesfan980
Banned

Yeah, really. How many of us buy houses that we could pay cash in 6 months of salary? Sure its shoking because its 40M, but thats the league he's in.

Not to jump off the track of charitable contributions, but being a former tax preparer in public accounting, I'll tell you the biggest offenders : The middle-upper class. You know, the VP of a middle of the road company who's not "rich" by comparative standards, but brining in an AGI of around $250k - 500k. Generally these were the types of tax returns that I got involved with, and when it was time to assess their charitable contributions for SCH A purposes, it was often less than $1k. Surprisingly enough, the people who made under 100k AGI, often spent a larger % of their take home pay on charitable contributions.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 01-08-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #13
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I wish I had that kind of money
Old 01-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #14
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
That was beyond sick schmidty.

Do you have an internet bill, a cable bill, and live in the cheapest place you can afford? Do you own a computer, purchase games for that computer, and have a CD player?

All of that stuff is non essential. Get rid of it and start sending at least 15% of your paycheck (minimum) to charitable organizations.

I rarely feel sorry for athletes. They are in the spotlight and they deserve grief. But when something like that is posted, I do. Tiger has earned every penny he's made. And even if he chose to keep it all and not donate a penny, that's his choice to make. Fact is, at over 70+ million a year and with a bank account that has to be nearing a billion, if not more with another 20 years of this earning potential MINIMUM, I don't think the house is that excessive.

He'll have plenty of money to donate to charities and probably donates more time and money into them in one year than most of us will in our entire lifetimes.

Agree..That was extremely sick Schmidty. Sorry that you feel that people who work hard in life shouldn't be rewarded. Please let me know when your out saving that world, and giving your money and efforts.

As for Tiger buying a $40 million house, good for him. He's earned it. It doesn't matter to me that he giving to charity. Why? Because it's his money that he's earned. He can do whatever he wants with it. He is a better person though for his contributions through his foundation, but it's not something he is "required" to do. I tell you what, Tiger is even luckier for marrying the wife he has. HOT.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #15
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I've been debating whether or not to post what I wrote below, because I'm always uncomfortable talking about my real life, but here goes:

I already do give that much and a bit more, although the exact percentage changes from check to check. Before I met my wife, I would give my normal tithe amount to my church (10%) most of the time, but not much more. After I met my wife, who works part time in admistration at the Lighthouse Mission (http://www.thelighthousemission.org/) in Bellingham (and part time at Costco), I slowly learned about the importance of the giving of time and money. Now, I give a good bit of time volunteering at the mission and at the WPC, and although sad at times, I feel like I'm actually making a difference in my community - something I would have never done before meeting my wife. My wife and I have recently even talked about going into missionary work, which was my wife's major at college. She's excited by the thought, but I'm scared to death of the idea. We'll see how it goes.

As far as giving up non-essentials, I think there is a fine line there. There's a big difference between a luxury like cable ($35 a month), and a Lamborghini ($200,000). Both may be considered selfish, but one could help a lot more people than the other.

Regardless, that was never the point. People have the right under the law to have whatever they want. My question is this: How much, exactly, is enough? I applaud Tiger for all of his charity work, but doesn't he have enough that a 40 million dollar island home is simply overkill? It just seems....wrong to me. Maybe I overreacted last night, but it struck me hard because of something that we had dealt with a few hours earlier.

I guess I'll just repeat the question: How much is enough? What is the price of happiness? Is it an endless cycle of wanting, wanting, wanting? I ask myself those questions all the time. The final answer eludes me, but I'm pretty sure that a 40 million dollar island home isn't going to bring about the end of personal wanting. When I looked at that fact in relation to the hurting people throughout the world, it just pissed me off.

I'm sure there will be more logical debates in this thread, and that people will perhaps call me a "bleeding heart", but that doesn't bother me. All the tit-for-tat accusations (such as Troy leveled at me), economic realism, and political discourse in the world won't do anyone any good. Things won't change until people get pissed-off/fed-up/devasted enough by things like this in the world, including such monumentally wasteful materialism.

Now, I'm going to try my hardest to stay out of this thread, since it gets me so fucking upset.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
Buccaneer
Head Coach

You know, I think if Jesus were to come by and ask people nowadays to give up their treasures and come follow Him, he wouldn't have much to chose from.

I applaud where Schmidty is coming from (too many people are chasing the materialistic happiness dream) but it also has been said to not be envious of others - be content with what you have (or don't have) and continue to love and serve others.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #17
TroyF
Coordinator

I also applaud where he's coming from. I think it's great that he does all of that and I think he should be applauded for it.

I couldn't possibly give him more praise.

On the other hand, I do think it's wrong to post a picture of a dying kid and point at Tiger's 40 million dollar house. I find that image disturbing.

How much is to much is a great question and one which should probably be asked more. I dunno, if I were worth a billion dollars and knew I had at a minimum of twice that much coming, would a 40 million dollar house be to much?

I'm not sure. My guess is I may be in one of those 40 million dollar houses. I'd be giving like crazy, to family, friends, charities and everything else I could think of. But I'd certainly be buying myself some major league toys as well.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #18
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I also applaud where he's coming from. I think it's great that he does all of that and I think he should be applauded for it.

I couldn't possibly give him more praise.

On the other hand, I do think it's wrong to post a picture of a dying kid and point at Tiger's 40 million dollar house. I find that image disturbing.

How much is to much is a great question and one which should probably be asked more. I dunno, if I were worth a billion dollars and knew I had at a minimum of twice that much coming, would a 40 million dollar house be to much?

I'm not sure. My guess is I may be in one of those 40 million dollar houses. I'd be giving like crazy, to family, friends, charities and everything else I could think of. But I'd certainly be buying myself some major league toys as well.

Well put...Bill Gates has an estimated $100 million house and some nice toys, but he is the biggest giver in the world (and history-I believe his foundation has been given just under $30 billion from him and his wife).

Schmidty, sorry if I came across alittle strong, but like Troy said, the image was alittle distrubing. Sadly, the problems in the world need more then just money.

I think a problem I have is we always point at those who are in a position to not worry about money, and can be in such a position to buy such things, and complain about what they have (and what they give) and ask ourselves does it buy happines (and usually say it doesn't). But how can judge if we are not in such a position (and I am talking Tiger Woods rich) that they are in?

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-08-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Looks like my in-laws will be running into Tiger now. My father-in-law had done quite a bit of work on Jupiter Island, mainly home reconstructions but not anymore (too old). One of my sister-in-law's kids played on the same softball team as Morgan, Greg Norman's girl, back about 10 yrs ago. She gave Greg an earful one game, but that's another story. But as the article said, Jupiter Island is quite low-key and accessible. I didn't read the article closely but will Woods still keep the Windemere property?

I read elsewhere that they're not sure if he'll give up his Isleworth property. I think that given who lived there, like Shaq, Penny Hardaway back in the day and others..maybe Tiger's move is for him to start a family and away from his "bachelor pad" because he moved there soon after turning pro.

I figure he'll sell it at some point.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #20
Galaxy
Coordinator

Is Jupiter Island near Miami?
Old 01-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #21
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I read elsewhere that they're not sure if he'll give up his Isleworth property. I think that given who lived there, like Shaq, Penny Hardaway back in the day and others..maybe Tiger's move is for him to start a family and away from his "bachelor pad" because he moved there soon after turning pro.

I figure he'll sell it at some point.
I know he has a big yatch, and the property is equipped for docking it. Plus, since he is married now, prolly wants a "fresh start" as a married man. I read that his wife used to be a nanny for some Swedish pro and lives in that area, another reason that he choose the area. Doesn't he own a bunch of properities as well?
Old 01-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #22
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Is Jupiter Island near Miami?
I think it's about 75-100 miles north of Miami.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #23
Craptacular
College Starter

Elin was Jesper Parnevik's nanny, and he does live in the area.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #24
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular
Elin was Jesper Parnevik's nanny, and he does live in the area.

That's his name, thanks.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #25
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm not trying to shit on the thread, but I'm wondering why this is even news. So a famous guy bought an expensive house. You know, that's happened before.

Honestly, I don't really care why this is news. This is more a comment about all the other times I've seen people ask "why is this news?" I also can't believe what this thread almost turned into.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #26
Ryan S
Quarterback

Why is anyone obligated to give anything to charity?

Tiger earned his money, he can spend it whichever way he wants to spend it. If he wants to buy a $40 million house, good for him. If he wants to make a huge donation to charity, good for him.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #27
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's just discussion, Pumpy. I mean, we talk about all other aspects of athletes..their gaffes, their triumphs and given that this athlete has gone into a community where the people themselves aren't exactly financial lightweights and spent more than any of them for a property - as he turns 30 - might not be newsworthy, but neither is when someone wins the lottery and yet, we always seem to find some angle to talk about.

Maybe it's because a guy like Tiger, a lot of us watched him go from prodigy to champion. Not many people actually go from child prodigy to fulfilling their promise. Plus, well...it's about money and people love to talk about money.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #28
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S

Tiger earned his money, he can spend it whichever way he wants to spend it. If he wants to buy a $40 million house, good for him. If he wants to make a huge donation to charity, good for him.

If one was obligated to give to charity, it would not be charity. It would be taxation.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #29
Galaxy
Coordinator

Funny thing is, it sounds like he's going to tear down the existing buildings on the property. Poor Tiger, he'll be neighbors with Celine Dion.

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-08-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #30
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
It's just discussion, Pumpy. I mean, we talk about all other aspects of athletes..their gaffes, their triumphs and given that this athlete has gone into a community where the people themselves aren't exactly financial lightweights and spent more than any of them for a property - as he turns 30 - might not be newsworthy, but neither is when someone wins the lottery and yet, we always seem to find some angle to talk about.

I understand. I really wasn't serious about whether this is "news" or not. I was poking fun at the other times that people ask about newsworthiness.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #31
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Before I met my wife, I would give my normal tithe amount to my church (10%) most of the time, but not much more.

Just to be fair, tithing is an expected payment for a service you receive from your church. The church could not pay its ministers or maintain its properties without that payment.

It's even tax-deductable, so the government supports this form of paying for services, which fuels more in tax refunds than just about anything. You get quite a discount on this payment. And those who don't go to church are forced to help financially support ministers and church properties because of this tax break.

As for this item, I applaud each and every professional athlete who starts foundations, visits children in the hospital or automatically reaches for the checkbook for every cause presented by a teammate. They do far, far more than the average person. I don't care if they are capable of more giving, every penny they give is appreciated.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #32
Rockstar
Mascot

If he was shot out of jealousy, as a juror, I would have to debate reasonable doubt.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #33
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S

Because people are jealous. We see this every time a player's salary comes up, or a guy leaves as an FA- some idiot will whine at a man's desire to put himself on the marketplace. Its jealousy/envy/loathing - those who can't feel better at being able to pull down those who can in their own way.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #34
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've been debating whether or not to post what I wrote below, because I'm always uncomfortable talking about my real life, but here goes:

I already do give that much and a bit more, although the exact percentage changes from check to check. Before I met my wife, I would give my normal tithe amount to my church (10%) most of the time, but not much more. After I met my wife, who works part time in admistration at the Lighthouse Mission (http://www.thelighthousemission.org/) in Bellingham (and part time at Costco), I slowly learned about the importance of the giving of time and money. Now, I give a good bit of time volunteering at the mission and at the WPC, and although sad at times, I feel like I'm actually making a difference in my community - something I would have never done before meeting my wife. My wife and I have recently even talked about going into missionary work, which was my wife's major at college. She's excited by the thought, but I'm scared to death of the idea. We'll see how it goes.

As far as giving up non-essentials, I think there is a fine line there. There's a big difference between a luxury like cable ($35 a month), and a Lamborghini ($200,000). Both may be considered selfish, but one could help a lot more people than the other.

Regardless, that was never the point. People have the right under the law to have whatever they want. My question is this: How much, exactly, is enough? I applaud Tiger for all of his charity work, but doesn't he have enough that a 40 million dollar island home is simply overkill? It just seems....wrong to me. Maybe I overreacted last night, but it struck me hard because of something that we had dealt with a few hours earlier.

I guess I'll just repeat the question: How much is enough? What is the price of happiness? Is it an endless cycle of wanting, wanting, wanting? I ask myself those questions all the time. The final answer eludes me, but I'm pretty sure that a 40 million dollar island home isn't going to bring about the end of personal wanting. When I looked at that fact in relation to the hurting people throughout the world, it just pissed me off.

I'm sure there will be more logical debates in this thread, and that people will perhaps call me a "bleeding heart", but that doesn't bother me. All the tit-for-tat accusations (such as Troy leveled at me), economic realism, and political discourse in the world won't do anyone any good. Things won't change until people get pissed-off/fed-up/devasted enough by things like this in the world, including such monumentally wasteful materialism.

Now, I'm going to try my hardest to stay out of this thread, since it gets me so fucking upset.

Please- giving 10% so your church can go spend money on buying the pastor a new car ? if you're that concerned with charity, give it people in Africa, or MSF- which has a significantly lower load ratio. Hell, you're giving it to the chuch out of a sense of obligation and fear, because it makes you feel better - its a selfish decision - don't ever question that. And there's nothing wrong with it - its your life. But don't moralize to others on the virtues of a selflessness that you don't possess.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #35
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Please- giving 10% so your church can go spend money on buying the pastor a new car ?

I wasn't going to actually take part in this anymore, but I feel that I need to correct you. If you had actually read what I said, I used to only tithe to my church. What I give now is my own business, but I can tell it is definitely not only to my church. As an aside, our church is the CMA, and as a member, we know exactly where the money is going. Yes, the pastor has a salary, but it's not extravegant.

No offense, but cynicism like yours is a large contributor to the lack of action in regard to the charitable efforts in many areas of the world (not that I know what you do charitably). Too much judging and not enough selfless helping on the frontlines.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #36
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
Just to be fair, tithing is an expected payment for a service you receive from your church. The church could not pay its ministers or maintain its properties without that payment.

It's even tax-deductable, so the government supports this form of paying for services, which fuels more in tax refunds than just about anything. You get quite a discount on this payment. And those who don't go to church are forced to help financially support ministers and church properties because of this tax break.

As for this item, I applaud each and every professional athlete who starts foundations, visits children in the hospital or automatically reaches for the checkbook for every cause presented by a teammate. They do far, far more than the average person. I don't care if they are capable of more giving, every penny they give is appreciated.

Still, it's kinda odd that your required to pay to pray. I understand the reasonings, but I think you could find a better way to raise funds. I'm not sure how much it costs to maintain a church (they don't have to pay taxes, ect), but that seems like a lot of money if everyone in a church community puts up 10% of income.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #37
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Still, it's kinda odd that your required to pay to pray. I understand the reasonings, but I think you could find a better way to raise funds. I'm not sure how much it costs to maintain a church (they don't have to pay taxes, ect), but that seems like a lot of money if everyone in a church community puts up 10% of income.

That's the problem. 20% of church members account for 80% of the income. If everyone did tithe, there would be no need for federal govt assistance programs, welfare or other charities funded through taxations for the church would have the means to take care of those in our communities. My church started the ecumenical ministry in our city and each of the soup kitchens/homeless shelters are run by a church or a ministry. I know our community is unique, being home to Young Life, Compassion, Focus, Navigators, etc. but it was a model that had worked in the past and still can work today.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #38
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

For what it's worth, my family, my dad, and my grandparents don't claim titheing as when filing taxes. That defeats the purpose. I'm sure there are a lot of people that do, and I'm not here to judge them, but I know that there a lot who don't. If I sound like a boyscout, I'm sorry. I am definitely not (as most have seen here), but my wife forced my eyes open, and I realize now that I am more happy now than I would be if I had an extra $350 a month. I actually sleep better now.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #39
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That's the problem. 20% of church members account for 80% of the income. If everyone did tithe, there would be no need for federal govt assistance programs, welfare or other charities funded through taxations for the church would have the means to take care of those in our communities. My church started the ecumenical ministry in our city and each of the soup kitchens/homeless shelters are run by a church or a ministry. I know our community is unique, being home to Young Life, Compassion, Focus, Navigators, etc. but it was a model that had worked in the past and still can work today.

Absolutely true.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #40
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #41
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
For what it's worth, my family, my dad, and my grandparents don't claim titheing as when filing taxes. That defeats the purpose.

No it doesn't. It just makes the government a charity as well.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #42
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Because people are jealous. We see this every time a player's salary comes up, or a guy leaves as an FA- some idiot will whine at a man's desire to put himself on the marketplace. Its jealousy/envy/loathing - those who can't feel better at being able to pull down those who can in their own way.

Kinda what I was wondering. But a few idoits deserved to be bash, such as TO and Latrel Sprewell and his "I need to feed my family".
Old 01-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #43
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

for 40 million, u can get an 800,000 dollar house in each state, id take that over one house
Old 01-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #44
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr
for 40 million, u can get an 800,000 dollar house in each state, id take that over one house

He could at least just buy a house near the course of every tournament he plays in.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:07 AM   #45
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular
He could at least just buy a house near the course of every tournament he plays in.

Doesn't he only play in 18-20 tournaments a year?
Old 01-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #46
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't going to actually take part in this anymore, but I feel that I need to correct you. If you had actually read what I said, I used to only tithe to my church. What I give now is my own business, but I can tell it is definitely not only to my church. As an aside, our church is the CMA, and as a member, we know exactly where the money is going. Yes, the pastor has a salary, but it's not extravegant.

No offense, but cynicism like yours is a large contributor to the lack of action in regard to the charitable efforts in many areas of the world (not that I know what you do charitably). Too much judging and not enough selfless helping on the frontlines.

Actually Schmidty, I do give money - I just don't think its my place to rail at people if they don't. Its a personal choice - and vouched in faith in people to do the right thing - not cynicism.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #47
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I see nothing wrong with this purchase.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #48
Galaxy
Coordinator

A $40 million home, a yatch, a nearly $100 million yearly income, and a hot wife. Not bad.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #49
KWhit
Coordinator

What the hell is a yatch?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #50
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
What the hell is a yatch?

I think they normally come in pairs, more commonly known as a bi-yatch.
I assume yatch is just the singular form