Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Subby
lolzcat

Front Office Poker Tour Kicks Off Tonight

FRONT OFFICE POKER TOUR KICKS OFF SECOND SEASON TONIGHT AT STARS

This is an open invitation to any interested members of FOFC to take part in the Front Office Poker Tour (FOPT).

The FOPT is a 15 event tour that takes place primarily at Poker Stars and includes events like hold 'em (nl and limit), omaha, omaha hi lo and stud. Buy-ins for most events will normally be anywhere from $5 to $25 (or less for rebuy tourneys). These are not private tourneys, but instead take place during normal MTTs or Sit and Go tourneys on Stars. Of the 15 tour stops, your best 10 scores will count towards your overall FOPT ranking (so if you miss a few events you won't be penalized).

We finish the season with a higher buyin MTT NL tourney or multi table sit and go (last year we did a 50+5 2 tabler).

Participants normally gather in the FOPT Lounge during events to talk trash, cheer each other on, and provide empathy (or mocking) for soul sucking bad beats (collusion strictly forbidden).

Semi-Official Rules Here.

Our first Tour Stop is tonight

Event:
$20+2 twenty table NLHE tournament
Time: 10pm est
Where: PokerStars

If you are interested in participating, let us know here. We normally gather in the FOPT lounge 5 minutes before an event. Once everyone is there, we register en masse for the event to make sure we all get in.

(Note: To post in the FOPT forum and get into the FOPT lounge, you need to register at the FOBL Forums if you are not already registered.)

Hope to see folks tonight - and if you can't make it, check the FOPT forum for an upcoming schedule of events and event notices. The events are fun and low key and give you an excuse for not going out and getting hammered on a Friday night and waking up kidneyless and penniless in some prison in Cortina del Juarez on Saturday.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
primelord
Pro Rookie

Bump. Things are about to get rolling.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
TLK
Pro Starter

I haven't played any poker in about a month.... time to get rid of the rust.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #4
dontreadthis
n00b

I want in.....
dontreadthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I joined the wrong tourney. I hopped into the one that started right around 10pm Eastern.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
Subby
lolzcat

Great finish to our Season Two kickoff tourney. FOFC members TRO and MrIllini both made the final table in the 180 person event, with MrIllini finishing first and taking home over a thousand dollars for the grand prize!

The FOPT hits the Stud tables for it's second stop:

Stop #2
Date: Friday, January 27th
Time: 10:10pm EST
Event: Limit Stud Multitable Tourney
Cost:$20+$2

Here are the standings after the first event. As always, any regular here at FOFC is welcome to play:

1. MrIllini 2,294
2. TRO 1,482
3. Chris 1,128
4. CubsFan915 939
5. Radii 722
6. Malificent 539
7. TheLionKing 508
8. primelord 410
9. kcchief19 173

Remember, your best 10 finishes are used for the rankings, so if you bust early or miss an event, you can drop that result.

Congrats again to MrIllini...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Last edited by Subby : 01-17-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Geez ... now I have to explain myself here too ...

Now that I look back at it, it was a pretty stupid play. UTG limps pre-flop, I raise 3BB early -- 10/20 blinds) and he calls plus one other call. Flop comes Ah 9s 8s. UTG checks, I bet 100, other caller runs, villain calls. Turn is 7s, I check my Ace high flush and he checks back. River is 8h. Villain bets 140, I raise to 400, he re-raises all-in.

Clearly the 8 should have concerned me. I should have been concerned that he slowplayed all the way until the river. I figured him for a lower flush draw or a straight, possible a set of 8s. Maybe just AK and he decided to try and steal the pot since I checked on the turn.

Didn't put him on Ad Ac. Oof.

I played a stud free roll last night as part of practice for the next event. Was up and down early, then caught a roll. Got sloppy later on playing a bluff. I had a AK showing and he had 672. Decided to try and bluff him. Unfortunately, he had 67 in the pocket. Man, I hate stud. Good thing it was a free roll.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 01-17-2006 at 03:59 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
Subby
lolzcat

Not a chance you don't go broke on that hand.

I bubbled as usual, going out in 22nd when the top 18 paid. I was in the BB, when SB raised me - I figured it for a bubble steal, I pushed back with A2o and he thinks...thinks...and calls with A3o :\

Old 01-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Stop #2
Date: Friday, January 27th
Time: 10:10pm EST
Event: Limit Stud Multitable Tourney
Cost:$20+$2

FYI, I played in this last week, there were 56 entrants. Expect to last the first hour unless things go horribly wrong since its limit. I would expect if there are about the same number of people that if you win, it'll last until about 1am(3 hours or so). I ended up finishing 3rd in that one last week and I busted out just before 1, it made up nicely for my crappy play in the FOPT event
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote