Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

for your consideration: my talk show podcast

A friend and co-worker of mine have been working on developing a talk show for about 3 months now. We've been building this thing from scratch, and after doing 10 rehearsal shows, we've gotten things to the point where we feel feel comfortable taking it public.

I view the podcast as an ongoing demo, with the eventual goal being an on-air shift somewhere in the country (satellite, terrestrial, whatever). A lot of time and effort has gone into this week after week. Even if nothing ever comes of our "show", i'm proud of what we've already accomplished. At the very least it's been a welcome distraction from what's been a particularly shitty period of work for me.

About the show

We're a talk show focused on entertainment. Movies, Music, Sports and strange news are staples of the show. It's a light-hearted show, so you won't hear a 30 minute debate about whether or not the Roe vs. Wade decision should be overturned.

We'll be releasing a podcast weekly until one of us dies.

our show in the iTunes store:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=160057243

our home page: http://www.ctandjivin.com

our myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/ctandjivin

If you do listen, I'd love to hear your feeback. Our show email address is on our website, or you can PM me here, whatever. Honest feedback is what I'm looking for. Good feedback is encouraging, and any criticism is very valuable to us. It's difficult working on what is a talk show with no caller feedback (a MAJOR element of talk radio), so email feedback is that much more important to us right now.

Since we don't have chapter capabilities (this is apparently exclusive to MACs and podcast software for MACs at the moment) here's a breakdown of our first show if you want to take a listen:

Opening Stories: 0:00
Movies & TV: 13:21
Happy Birthday(s): 41:47
Sports: 56:34
Music: 1:12:03
Closing Stories: 1:17:00

Again, let me know if you check us out. As much as I want to know people are listenting, i really want honest feedback (good AND bad). Thanks for taking the time to read this.

ct

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 06-12-2006 at 03:17 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I've downloaded it, but I don't know when I'll get to listen to it. Tomorrow is going to be full of training for me, so I might not get to it til Tuesday, but once I give it a listen, I'll let you know.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So I'm listen to this now and am just curious: You interested in feedback ?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
Philliesfan980
Banned

Did you somehow manage to incorporate the old Merv Griffin set into your show?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

" I view the podcast as an ongoing demo"

With that in mind, my first observation comes before even downloading it.

With your stated goal being the show eventually moving to air somewhere beyond on-demand, start working now on getting accustomed to fitting into standard time blocks; i.e. get the weekly's down to an hour for now. I don't think working it down to a 40-someodd minute hour (to fit a standard broadcast clock) is necessary at this point in the development, but learning to consistently hit a round number would provide valuable practice on the preparation side of the whole deal.

Just a preliminary .02 worth for now, more if I find myself in the proper frame of mind to listen through the entire show (that has nothing to do with you or the show, that's just me knowing when I'm not in the right state of mind to give it a thorough listen).
Old 06-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #6
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA

With your stated goal being the show eventually moving to air somewhere beyond on-demand, start working now on getting accustomed to fitting into standard time blocks; i.e. get the weekly's down to an hour for now. I don't think working it down to a 40-someodd minute hour (to fit a standard broadcast clock) is necessary at this point in the development, but learning to consistently hit a round number would provide valuable practice on the preparation side of the whole deal.

Just a preliminary .02 worth for now, more if I find myself in the proper frame of mind to listen through the entire show (that has nothing to do with you or the show, that's just me knowing when I'm not in the right state of mind to give it a thorough listen).

Hehe, Jon giving comments on something he hasn't experienced. I'm noticing a trend here.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Did you somehow manage to incorporate the old Merv Griffin set into your show?

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #8
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon
Hehe, Jon giving comments on something he hasn't experienced. I'm noticing a trend here.

You know JiMG works in the business, right?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #9
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma

obviously he does not know that
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
Philliesfan980
Banned

Axxon's having a rough night guys
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #11
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I know that. That's not what my post was about though.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #12
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Axxon's having a rough night guys

News to Axxon. Know something I don't?
Old 06-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
obviously he does not know that

Thank god that never, ever ever has obviously = truth.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #14
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon

And the horse you rode in on.

Having been both a host and a program director with the responsibility of determining which programs air & which ones don't, I'll stand by the validity of the advice I offered so far.

With literally hundreds of syndicated shows already out there, and very likely thousands of others hoping to find an audience -- I've received three demos in the past month & I'm not even on the programming side anymore, haven't been in a number of years -- there's significant competition to even get a demo of any kind heard at all.

Something obvious like non-standard timing is an invitation to a programmer to put the demo in File 13, and there's absolutely no sense in someone providing the reason so easily.

I know this is just the first effort of many, and I know first hand that they're always a work-in-progress, so it isn't something that prejudices me against the show, but I also know from experience that starting right was easier than unlearning a bad habit months later.

If that's a problem, sue me.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #15
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
And the horse you rode in on.

Having been both a host and a program director with the responsibility of determining which programs air & which ones don't, I'll stand by the validity of the advice I offered so far.

With literally hundreds of syndicated shows already out there, and very likely thousands of others hoping to find an audience -- I've received three demos in the past month & I'm not even on the programming side anymore, haven't been in a number of years -- there's significant competition to even get a demo of any kind heard at all.

Something obvious like non-standard timing is an invitation to a programmer to put the demo in File 13, and there's absolutely no sense in someone providing the reason so easily.

I know this is just the first effort of many, and I know first hand that they're always a work-in-progress, so it isn't something that prejudices me against the show, but I also know from experience that starting right was easier than unlearning a bad habit months later.

If that's a problem, sue me.

Oh my my, Mr Woe is Me speaks. You know as well as I do I wasn't taking a piss on your advice here. I was merely mentioning the irony as you're doing the same thing in the other thread with no real expertice.

I've admitted this once but if it will make you happy here it goes again.

I'm not dissing Jons knowledge here. I know he knows what he's talking about here. Elsewhere however, he's full of shit.

There. Happy now?
Old 06-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #16
vtbub
College Starter

You both sound very good, but I have no idea who is who here.

Also, you need to give me a reason to listen to the show. Break it up a little bit, I'd rather know a little more about why you guys are interested in this stuff.

Would I listen on a regular basis? Probably not. You two do have two very important things in your favor. One, you both seem very comfortable with each other in front of the microphone and two, you both have an interest in what you are talking about. That goes a long way in making a successful podcast.

Well done, overall.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #17
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm about halfway through it. I think it's pretty good, and well done.

Like bub, though, I don't know who is who.

I also agree that it could be divided up into shorter segments that would keep me a bit more interested. In particular, the discussion on the Break Up and Vince Vaughn drags a bit. Same thing on the Sopranos.

You both sound knowledgable though and work well together. Over time, as you fine tune it, I'm sure we'll get to hear more distinctive pieces and bits on the two of you. And I think aiming for time segments probably helps with listenability as well as marketability.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #18
digamma
Torchbearer

Oh yeah, one more thing...it seems like the lead ins to things run a bit long.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #19
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Actually, without listening to it, I'd agree with JiMGA about getting it to an hour max.
I have no real justification for saying this except that I feel it's a "good length," something I can listen to while eating lunch without bleedover. And, in a quick glance at the podcasts I subscribe to, the ones I like most hover right around the hour mark. Probably coincidence, but was interesting to note..
/tk
Old 06-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #20
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Repeating what others have said:
You two do seem comfortable with each other
The show seems well prepared
I think this has been implied, particularly by digamma, but I need more definition in your personalities. You two have a fairly similar vocal quality it seems, which doesn't help things, but beyond that there seems to be a lot of sameness. While obviously you two are friends I need more then that in the show.
While I didn't quite listen to the end, I have to say that it was hard coming up with feedback. While there wasn't anything I didn't like, though there were rough spots such as has been mentioned with the discussion of the Breakup, there also wasn't anything that has ever made me burn with desire to listen again.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

I've given a ton of feedback to corey in AIM, but I'll repeat that I think this is a VERY good first show. As a bit of a talk radio radiophile, this format fits what is probably my favorite format, and I think they do it very well and would definately listen to this if it was a regular show.

I reached as deep as I could, but like Barkeep said it was hard to come up with contructive criticism. But I agree with the small little points that people have said here, and they are all things that I said to corey on AIM.

It was easier for me to keep track of the voices because A) I've listend to corey's voice a few times for our play by plays of the plays of the week for IHOF and B) Jivin sounds (imo) eerily like Peter Rosenberg, a guy that has a show on WJKF in DC... (well, until Opie and Anthony replace him in a couple of weeks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #22
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

We've been basically going 1 step at a time, and setting up a hourly clock is next up on the list of things to do. I think 42-44 minutes would probably be about right.

Also, i made a moderate-sized mistake mid-show (this is recorded in real time, except for about 2 minute breaks between the segments), that caused a severe imbalance in the length of our segments this week.

I appreciate the feedback (even if it's general, non-show specific feedback).

edit: The one thing that makes it very tough is the fact that an 18 minute segment (for example) feels much longer with 2 guys simply talking than it does with callers airing feedback and fueling a discussion.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 06-11-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #23
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
edit: The one thing that makes it very tough is the fact that an 18 minute segment (for example) feels much longer with 2 guys simply talking than it does with callers airing feedback and fueling a discussion.

I was thinking/wondering about that. As your audience grows, you might set up a voice mail box or something to at least have callers leave questions for you to respond and generate discussion.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #24
Anthony
Banned

this show sucks.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As your audience grows, you might set up a voice mail box or something to at least have callers leave questions for you to respond and generate discussion.

What I know about podcasting technology would probably fit in a match box with room left over, but this doesn't sound like a half bad idea.

How would it work if maybe people even just sent short .mp3 files of themselves asking questions & then those were spliced in with the responses following? I'd bet that you could get a few hearty FOFC souls to volunteer a short question now & then, that might be a start toward working the format to where it'll likely eventually end up.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #26
Anthony
Banned

i'll volunteer the 1st question:

Q. do you know this show sucks? if so, what steps do you plan on taking to make it not suck? ok bye.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #27
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i'll volunteer the 1st question:

Q. do you know this show sucks? if so, what steps do you plan on taking to make it not suck? ok bye.

Until you actually say something contructive I'm going to assume one of two things...

A) You know nothing about talk radio.
B) You're just being an ass, like usual.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #28
vtbub
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
We've been basically going 1 step at a time, and setting up a hourly clock is next up on the list of things to do. I think 42-44 minutes would probably be about right.

Also, i made a moderate-sized mistake mid-show (this is recorded in real time, except for about 2 minute breaks between the segments), that caused a severe imbalance in the length of our segments this week.

I appreciate the feedback (even if it's general, non-show specific feedback).

The part I listened to would have been very good with outside interaction. A clean version of Don and Mike is what I thought of when I was listening. You two would be very good talk show hosts now, out of the box.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #29
wade moore
lolzcat

Note: I'm not saying if you don't like it you know nothing about talk radio, I'm saying if you repeatedly say "it sucks" with nothing constructive it shows you don't know enough to be constructive.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #30
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbub
The part I listened to would have been very good with outside interaction. A clean version of Don and Mike is what I thought of when I was listening. You two would be very good talk show hosts now, out of the box.

I'm sure cthomer was getting sick of my D&M references in my discussion with him .

Quote:
Old 06-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #31
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

you can now find the show in the Itunes store:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=160057243
Old 06-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #32
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Note: I'm not saying if you don't like it you know nothing about talk radio, I'm saying if you repeatedly say "it sucks" with nothing constructive it shows you don't know enough to be constructive.

or it shows i'm busting his balls cuz i have a history with him, dickhead.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #33
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:

Aside from gaudy, manipulated Dean Houston stats, I don't think HA has thrown anything he has worked on up for public criticism or praise.

It's a scary thing to do.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #34
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I'll try and take a listen tonight. I've actually been thinking about starting a podcast with a couple of my buddies as well.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #35
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Cool, I might give it a listen.

I think I'm doing a PTI-esque show with a friend on the student internet station here in the fall when the station officially launches.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:52 PM   #36
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Not a bad show, though I did have a few comments.

First and foremost, I enjoyed it.

Second, a minor request for the podcast format...in the Title tag, can you put the show name in there? If I'm just scrolling through my stuff, to see "Week of June 5, 2006," I'm not going to know what it is. I know I can modify the tag myself, but it'd be more convenient if you guys could do it, something like "CT&J 06052006" would be helpful.

Third, as others have said, it would help to know who is who, for you guys to develop your radio personalities and identities. Without knowing either of you, I had no idea who was who when I listened.

Finally, it would help if there was a "theme" for the show. I think towards the end I finally heard the thingie that said it was games, entertainment, sports, and a whole lot more or whatever, but from the show notes, I had no idea what to expect in each section, and it felt sort of weird, jumping from random topic to random topic. Of course, that may have been just because it was the first I've heard it, maybe I'll get used to that format, but it seemed almost disjointed (though it was obvious you had prepared and didn't sound scripted in the least) in terms of topics.

Good show, I'll listen again, even with that annoying "hot girl" voice doing the break separators.

/tk
Old 06-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #37
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
Not a bad show, though I did have a few comments.

First and foremost, I enjoyed it.

Second, a minor request for the podcast format...in the Title tag, can you put the show name in there? If I'm just scrolling through my stuff, to see "Week of June 5, 2006," I'm not going to know what it is. I know I can modify the tag myself, but it'd be more convenient if you guys could do it, something like "CT&J 06052006" would be helpful.

Third, as others have said, it would help to know who is who, for you guys to develop your radio personalities and identities. Without knowing either of you, I had no idea who was who when I listened.

Finally, it would help if there was a "theme" for the show. I think towards the end I finally heard the thingie that said it was games, entertainment, sports, and a whole lot more or whatever, but from the show notes, I had no idea what to expect in each section, and it felt sort of weird, jumping from random topic to random topic. Of course, that may have been just because it was the first I've heard it, maybe I'll get used to that format, but it seemed almost disjointed (though it was obvious you had prepared and didn't sound scripted in the least) in terms of topics.

Good show, I'll listen again, even with that annoying "hot girl" voice doing the break separators.

/tk

Just a note in my opinion of your last comment...

To me what they did fits perfectly in a pretty common format that doesn't really need explanation... Basically the same format as the Junkies.

Quote:
Old 06-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #38
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just a note in my opinion of your last comment...

To me what they did fits perfectly in a pretty common format that doesn't really need explanation... Basically the same format as the Junkies.

When the Junkies came to HFS back in the day (before HFS became ElZol), I quit listening to HFS. Most of my radio listening was in the morning and I ABHORED their show. Didn't help that HFS was going downhill at that point, but I couldn't listen to the Junkies for even 5 minutes without wanting to stick a flaming sword into my ears to permanently destroy my hearing.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the sexy girl or the "theme" comment, if it's the "theme" one, as I said, I think I could get used to it...

Actually I just looked at their site again, and noticed that they had a better explanation of what is in last week's show and what is in this week's show than I first thought. I was going only on the info in CT's first post:
Quote:
Since we don't have chapter capabilities (this is apparently exclusive to MACs and podcast software for MACs at the moment) here's a breakdown of our first show if you want to take a listen:

Opening Stories: 0:00
Movies & TV: 13:21
Happy Birthday(s): 41:47
Sports: 56:34
Music: 1:12:03
Closing Stories: 1:17:00
which wasn't useful and definitely contributed to why I felt it was pretty jumpy.

Anyway. I'm going to give the 2nd episode a listen at work tomorrow, and all in all, I think this is one I will listen to regularly (much unlike the Junkies, whose personalities I hated...)

/tk
Old 07-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #39
MJ4H
Coordinator

Hey ct, thought I'd resurrect this thread and let you know I finally gave your podcast a chance (though I had already let the first 3 episodes get overwritten from sheer neglect).

This is one of the first podcasts I've listened to that actually made me want to listen more. Good job. Not that I am terribly in synch with all the opinions or anything, but I like the way the show flows, the voices are clear and easy to understand, and it just works really well.

I will keep listening.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #40
MJ4H
Coordinator

Thoughts on latest episode:

1. Wow. A little too much alienating big chunks of your audience in this one with screaming "religion sucks" and devoting large portions of the show to that theme (2 segments including the opening). Pretty disappointing.

2. A couple of complaints on production: your friends are hard to hear, especially the higher pitched guy. The lower pitched guy needs to speak up anyway. One time the higher pitched guy was actually audible and you chastised him for being too close to the mic. Also, Jivin is real easy to hear, but sometimes you are not easy to hear.

3. Richard Dawson is not dead.

4. For my taste, I would leave the sex toys and similar talk out of the show. I'm sure this also alienates a lot of your audience. It certainly makes me uncomfortable. Of course, you guys pick what your show is about, but this seemed gratuitous and out of place to me. I don't think it adds anything to your show and definitely adds the possibility of chasing off part of your audience.

5. I am yet to like any band you guys have recommended. You are closer to my taste than Jivin, though. My word

6. I really think you should stick to you two and not invite your pals into the studio. The conspiracy guy was alright, but the other guy was uncomfortable sounding and didn't add a lot. You guys are the show and are pretty entertaining. For what its worth, they were only prominent in a few segments so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I guess this was more "criticisms" than "thoughts." Let me add some positive because there is plenty.

1. You two complement each other very well. To me, Jivin comes across as the crazy opinionated guy and you come across as trying to reign him in a bit and keep him reasonable. This works pretty well. I don't think you should play that angle up if you think it is there, too, because the level its at now is great.

2. The strongest segments in the show are the movie segments. The interesting websites bits are usually pretty good, too.

3. The music segments are good to me because you definitely listen to music I don't listen to and I can check out the bands you mention (it would be nice if our tastes where closer matches, but its still fun to do anyway).

4. The production is very good (aside from whats listed above). I like the intro and bumpers you have.

Overall, still the best podcast I've found in a year of searching. Good work.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:29 AM   #41
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I am 3/4 of the way through the latest episode (gotta love short commutes), but wanted to comment now b/c I am going out of town this weekend and probably won't get around to the rest until it is too late to matter.

I think that I agree with having only the two of you in the studio. Or, if you do have a guest, have them on for a discrete segment. You and Jivin are funnier going off against each other. Not quite as funny when you are all just sitting around in a group BSing.

The segment with the "Conspiracy Guy" really didn't work for me. It was a big letdown. I could tell that this guy was a friend of yours who is just a fun/crazy/cool guy and in the past you've all gone out and he's had a couple of beers and started going off and just had everyone in stitches. And I could tell that you were trying to recapture that in the studio--but it did not come off. It reminded me of when some friends of my wanted me to meet Dave's roommate Bill. Bill was, I had been told, a "crazy motherfucker." When I met Bill, he seemed like kind of a weird guy with a lot of energy, but really just sort of normal. The buildup of Bill as "crazymotherfucker" had set expectations that he could not meet. Because most people can't just turn that on and off like a faucet. So conspiracy guy didn't work for me as a segment because you kept talking about how crazy this guy was, but it didn't really come across. But I enjoyed him more during the rest of the show.

That guy Eric from North Carolina does really seem like an ass. Dude totally needs to chill out and learn how to take a joke.

In terms of positives, I think that the two of you are getting along better and better on the radio. You are starting to react to each other rather than act, which I think is great.

I also agree with MJ4H that Jivin comes off as the slightly crazier one, and you are the more moderating one. I also agree that you should not try to enchance that. You strike a good balance now. But that does seem to be how your onair personas are evolving.

Apparently, that techincalvirgin website has started a petition to get that woman back on PBS. Probably worth mentioning to people. It sucks that she lost her job because she decided to do a couple web pardoy pieces back in the day that happened to be about sex.

Overall, good job. I didn't like the addition of people into the booth, but otherwise the show keeps improving as you keep evolving your personalities.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 07-28-2006 at 09:31 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #42
MJ4H
Coordinator

Hmm, I wonder who the "square dancer down in Arkansas" was?

NOTE: If I'm wrong and the segments were Jivin belittled the guy on the message board (and later referred to him being from Arkansas) were NOT referencing me and my post, then I apologize, though I would be surprised. It certainly felt like it was in response to me. Anyway:

It's ok, I laughed. I think your buddy missed my point entirely, but maybe I overstated my point and contributed to that. I'll try to be more clear:

1) I don't think you shouldn't say "God doesn't exist." I do think you should consider that screaming "religion sucks" could cause a portion of your audience to stop listening to your podcast. Realize that that is fine, if you value stating that opinion in the aggressive way it was done (it was literally shouted on that episode) over expanding your audience. Either way, it doesn't bother me (though it would if large portions of your show started going in that direction since I am more entertained by other segments on your show).

2) I can handle the dildo talk and the sex talk. I said it makes me uncomfortable in my last post, and maybe I shouldn't have. The reason I said that was that I happened to be listening to the podcast with my wife and son in the car with me. I realize it says explicit on the tag on itunes, but I was kind of surprised by the segment since I hadn't heard but just a touch of that kind of thing previous to the first mentions of homesextoys.com or whatever it was. Personally, it doesn't bother me in and of itself, but I did not find the segment as entertaining as your other ones (it had the feel of some guys sitting in the locker room laughing about sex stuff--like in junior high--you have better segments than this). Couple this with the fact that it, again, has the potential to lose you audience, and that is the point I was making.

I don't think it is accurate to say I'm some puritanical prude that can't handle this stuff. I understand and do not mind using that type of thing in the show, even though it was a slight misrepresentation of what I said. Again, I laughed. If you want to continue to make fun of my view point on the show, it literally is ok with me, I don't mind. But, I did think I should clarify my point/criticism since I didn't state it well in my last post, and/or it was misinterpreted (probably a bit of both).
Old 08-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #43
MJ4H
Coordinator

Oh and this episode was back on par for you guys. Good job.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #44
wade moore
lolzcat

Joey from Alaska! Does he listen to warm up for games?!

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 09-27-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #45
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Joey from Alaska! Does he listen to warm up for games?!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:19 AM   #46
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

delayed dola:

I know that Corey does not want to toot his own horn or keep pimping himself on here, so I'll do it for him. I have been listening to this since pretty much the beginning, and it has been getting better and better. I really enjoy it.

I would encourage those of you who have not yet listened to this to give it a try. I find it to be a great thing to which to listen during drive time.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:39 AM   #47
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
delayed dola:

I know that Corey does not want to toot his own horn or keep pimping himself on here, so I'll do it for him. I have been listening to this since pretty much the beginning, and it has been getting better and better. I really enjoy it.

I would encourage those of you who have not yet listened to this to give it a try. I find it to be a great thing to which to listen during drive time.

Agreed. I even got the chance to be a caller a couple of weeks ago. I think this is really shaping to be a very solid show.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #48
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yeah I still listen. I haven't missed an episode. The days when a new show is released it makes my commute much more enjoyable. I find myself excited to drive the hour each way when I have the ct and jivin show to listen to.

Which caller were you wade?
Old 12-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #49
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Yeah I still listen. I haven't missed an episode. The days when a new show is released it makes my commute much more enjoyable. I find myself excited to drive the hour each way when I have the ct and jivin show to listen to.

Which caller were you wade?

Wade from Virginia ...

I called in the "What would you wait in line for segmenet"...

I said that I'd wait in line for a truely unique sporting event and mentioned for isntance that ct would have waited days to see Rutgers in the National Title Game.

Then for the question of who would you ride cross country with (nice question albion ) Mike Tyson, OJ Simpson, or K-Fed I said Mike Tyson because, "You're going to have to push that car so much you'll want the strongest guy"...

Quote:
Old 12-14-2006, 09:53 AM   #50
MJ4H
Coordinator

Gotcha. I thought about calling in but I'm always driving in my car when I'm listening. I guess I could just stop the podcast and wait till I get home to listen and then call. That would work wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it?