Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2003, 04:57 PM   #1
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Old post about Dialgate

I found this thread that some of you may be interested in. It's about Dialgate, as told by OldSchool...

OldSchool's Story

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:05 PM   #2
Blackadar
Retired

Dave Dial, what a maroon.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
Ryan S
Quarterback

Heh.

Cheating in his league by editing players on his team, causing a huge stink when he is caught, then using a fake name to sneak back into the league.

Seems like "great" minds think alike.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:45 PM   #4
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

LOL...anyone who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:22 PM   #5
kcchief19
Pro Starter

You know, I never realized the eerie comparisons with Dialgate and another situation which shall remain nameless in case the person it's named after shows up and decides I'm starting a flame war.

Did I miss it or was the only FOF Dialgate tale as told by OS in that thread the one sentence Cliff's Notes version? The whole version involving Josh/Tony/Blackie was truly classic, in a horrifying way.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #6
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I am starting a faction of people who want to oust SkyDog. I will then appoint myself moderator. Shortly thereafter everyone will be required to have the name Hogg in their username. I will then quit after the petty people complain and sue any user who has name with Hogg in it.

Good stuff.

Sad thing is I remember reading some of this stuff when it originally happened.......
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

I never have figured out just what it was that made DD think I'd be a sycophant for him. Yes, I worked on his little Internet gaming radio show, but that was before he revealed his true colors. To this day it confounds me that he actually thought I would agree to do his dirty work for him.

Josh
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

This guy is like the boogeyman of all fantasy games...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-07-2003, 11:44 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey bosshogg,

Is that you in simsports or another bosshogg? And did you ever play over at Grand Sam Baseball before it went under? Your "name" keeps turning up.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 01:51 AM   #10
PineTar
High School JV

For old time's sake....

Throwing some butane on this old fire...

---- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Cc: Josh Hiscock
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 7:11 AM
Subject: Status

Jim ..

This is Dave Dial, General Manager at Gamer's Alliance Sports.

There were a few things going on at GA Sports. One of the most unfortunate things that happened during this turnover of personnel was your letter to Tony Wyss saying that you were contacted by me that you would be taking over FOF.com Now, out of all the people that I told this information to about what was going to happen shortly (and was not at liberty to talk about) only
you, no one else out of all the affiliates we have, broke my confidence and contacted Tony. This caused me major pains because, obviously, this was supposed to be kept between us.

Now, you have mailed Glen. That's ok, Glen is part of the new regime. However, I would have liked to talk to you personally. I believe at this point you tend to have issues with me, and that is why you have gone on to Tony and Glen as contact points. Have no doubt, no doubt, that I am the last say in what happens on the Network Affiliates, who runs them and who moderates the forums. There is no one higher than me on this issue. Thus the
term, General Manager.

While I had every intention of turning the site over to you lock, stock and barrel and giving you leeway to make the site whatever you wanted it to be in your own image, I had to take a long hard look at you contacting Tony. This caused great rifts in the company. Therefore, I have appointed Josh Hiscock as Webmaster of frontofficefootball.com He will be the boss there
and run the site. We would like you to stay on as moderator of the forum, but again, Josh has the ability to make personnel decisions as he sees fit because he is running the site. He would have to confirm you as moderator at this point.

I also noticed that Tony Wyss was allowed to post unchecked in the FOF Forum after his dismissal. After the letter that was sent out, it was hoped that wise moderators would keep their eyes peeled for Mr. Wyss and save the company some grief with his sour apples. That's ultimately your call, because as of right now, you are the moderator. However, it was another chance missed to score points with the Network Brass.

I will have Josh Hiscock get in contact with you and his decision on the moderator at fof.com is final. Josh is now the manager of
frontofficefootball.com entirely.

I may give him advice and consent on personnel but Josh is the power now at Gamer Alliance's frontofficefootball.com

Dave Dial

General Manager

Edit: Formatting got hosed in the cut and paste from Google Groups.

Last edited by PineTar : 02-08-2003 at 01:51 AM.
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:11 AM   #11
Blackadar
Retired

Heh. One of my proudest moments was giving Tony all than information since Dial was a major backstabber.

Where the hell did you find that letter? I don't even have my copies anymore.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #12
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Chief Rum, I played GSB for a short time. Never been to simsports until today. But I figured this was relevant....

This is how ya handle backstabbers :-)

Old 02-08-2003, 11:43 AM   #13
mckerney
Coordinator

And a few months later GA Sports closed shop for good.

Shocking.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:58 AM   #14
PineTar
High School JV

The stroll down memory lane was brought to you by Google Groups
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 12:02 PM   #15
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Thanks PineTar. I found a post from myself saying that PureSim would be released in a few months.......that was August of 99!
Old 02-08-2003, 12:03 PM   #16
JeeberD
General Manager

Man, and to think I missed all of this the first time because my roommate moved out and took his computer with him. I think a month or two later I tried to access the original board and everyone was gone. Can't remember how I found FOFC after that, though.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 12:15 PM   #17
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Where was Dave Dial from?
Old 02-08-2003, 12:35 PM   #18
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm sure this observation has been made before, but I don't remember. Does anyone find it funny that two of the most influential people in this history of this forum are named Hiscock and Weiner?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #19
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh...great stuff, bosshogg. Good to see another familiar face. I don't know if you heard, but GSB is finally under new ownership and starting up again.

Of course, it's going to take a good long while of clean and smooth operation for me to ever consider going back there. And that's a shame considering that apparently the old people (Mark Mosier and friends) aren't a part of it at all. They really screwed up a good thing.

Anyway, there's someone at simsports that is using the bosshogg name, although I guess it's no surprise.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #20
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I actually hadn't heard that. Once a game screws up in a big way/or is delayed in a big way, it really takes awhile before it gets back on my radar.

Puresim was like that. I have never followed the development of a game for so long. Once the demo was out, it was months before I even downloaded it.

CSMB is going to be the same way. Bugs galore and not many players. So they shut it down and while I still check their status occasionally, it gets bumped down the list.

As for someone at simsports using bosshogg, I think I will head over there, and request my name back. If that fails, I will offer $20,000 and a rolex. I have to have my name, cant hit a ball without it!
Old 02-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #21
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by kcchief19
I'm sure this observation has been made before, but I don't remember. Does anyone find it funny that two of the most influential people in this history of this forum are named Hiscock and Weiner?

ROFL
Old 02-08-2003, 09:18 PM   #22
SackAttack
Head Coach

"My Weiner has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, My Weiner has a last name, it's H-I-S-C-O-C-K..."

Hrm, doesn't flow very well.

Josh
Old 02-08-2003, 09:25 PM   #23
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

LOL!
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 12:20 PM   #24
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Best line in the thread was this quote fron z-squared:

"I reaffirm my hope that Dial spends an eternity stuck inside a flaming pile of poo. "
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:50 PM   #25
SackAttack
Head Coach

I dunno, you could make the case that Dial *is* a flaming pile of poo.