Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2003, 01:12 AM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

Smile Newsbreak: Pro-Bowl guard likes to drink sangria

I pay for school by bartending and waiting tables for the Olive Garden close to me school. Well, tonight I was waiting tables when this huge dude and a woman are seated at my table. The first thing I notice about him besides his size was the necklace he's wearing a huge diamond cross thats absolutly BLINGIN'. The sucker almost blinded me. Anyways, I decided that he had to be a pro jock, since he was that huge and had money.

So I greeted the table and offered them wine like we're required to do at OG, and he asks if he can have something sweet. I offer him a sample of Lambrusco (a really sweet red wine) and he accepts. Well, the city where I work is dry and you have to be a member of a club to be able to drink in a bar or restaurant. I ask for his membership card or drivers license (you can call up their membership from the license). He gives me his license and it turns out the dude is none other than Ron Stone. I recognized the name since he used to be a Cowboy and then went to the Giants and became a Pro-Bowl player.

I went to get his sample, then realize that we're out of Lambrusco, so I get him a sample of our sangria instead. I give it to him, and he absolutly loved the stuff. I can't stand it, it's way too sweet for me. Usually it's something the women like, but hey, it's an alcohol sale for me. Well, he winds up getting two glasses with his dinner along with splitting a bottle of Asti with his female friend.

Anyways, I just thought that it was strange that a big, tough offensive lineman would like sangria, but I just found out that he plays for the 49ers now. Figures. The chick must have been his sister. If I had known that he was a Niner now I would have spat in his food or something. Can't stand the Niners...

Now, Derek Ross of the Cowboys came in several months ago and he drank damn near an entire bottle of Grey Goose by himself. That's how a football player is supposed to drink...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 02-18-2003 at 01:14 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mabye Jeff Garcia turned him on to it. Just out of curiosity, how did he tip?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
bbor
Pro Starter

Sangria RAWKS sitting on a patio on a smokin hot day watching the babes walk by.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:51 PM   #4
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lathum
Just out of curiosity, how did he tip?

I was just about to ask the same thing. I uh need to compare to the NFL player I deliver pizzas to.

Last edited by Bearcat729 : 02-18-2003 at 12:53 PM.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

He tipped pretty well for a normal person, but not to great for a millionaire. His bill was about $67 and he tipped me $14, so just over 20%. Now, when I waited on Larry Allen a couple of years ago, his bill was about the same amount. He just threw in a c-note and told me to keep the change. That's what I was hoping for last night, but no such luck.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:29 PM   #6
Swaggs
Coordinator

Don't you have some sort of waiter-client confidentiality agreement?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote