Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2003, 03:05 AM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Hattrick Grumbles

Dont you hate it when you bid on a player, and the time passes, like a full minute. and lo and behold someone else gets a big in a minute after it should have closed. That really ticks me off.

It also ticks me off when people start bidding after the deadline has been extended 10 minutes. And your in a bidding war between you and one other person. All of a sudden you have 4 players going for the same person.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 03:50 AM   #2
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Odd. They shouldn't be able to. It's suppose to extend the deadline for 3 minutes after the most recent bid.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:05 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally posted by daedalus
Odd. They shouldn't be able to. It's suppose to extend the deadline for 3 minutes after the most recent bid.

That's been my experience... I've never seen the first case argued above. I've been in bidding wars, and the deadline keeps pushing back to allow everyone else to react, three minutes at a time.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:51 AM   #4
bbor
Pro Starter

Bid.....refresh.....bid....refresh...bid....refresh...bid.....refresh...too expensive

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:28 PM   #5
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Had the same case for a Hong Kong forward, killed me to lose him...what was worse though was a guy with all inadequates (well 5 attributes at it) age 19, good trainable, going for just 1000!!! I forgot to check in on him!!! Lost him by 1000...killed me, now I'm in debt I cannot buy so I don't bother looking, just hoping for a good prospect to keep me afloat...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
Airhog
Captain Obvious

sorry maybe I didnt explain it well enough. You bid on a player, and eys the deadline does extend but it passes, but for some reason the bidding stays open nearly a minute longer, and someone slips in another bid

Old 02-18-2003, 01:32 PM   #7
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I think that a dead line of 7:19, for example, is really 7:19 and 59 seconds.

There is also some variance of a few seconds between the clock and server, which can be larger depending on several factors. Again, this is from a vague recollection of something I read a while ago.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:39 PM   #8
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I usually don't relent on my refreshing until I see that the bidding is closed! screen that says I won.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:55 PM   #9
Airhog
Captain Obvious

me neither, and I won the guy I was bidding on last night, but I think thats besides the point. Its just kind of depressing especially when it costs you an extra 10 grand you shouldnt be spending