Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Your most glorious Achievement?

Its time to let some ego's fly around here. What has been your crowning moment in life, maybe the birth of your son or daughter, or getting your CD published?

In 30 years this may not be mine, but upto this date, nothing I have done has topped this achievment. I worked on a mod team for quake 3. we release a mod called proball, which was like lacross. but without the sticks, and a bigger ball. PCGamer does a mod of the month, and featured the mod I worked on which was cool in its own right, but even cooler was the fact that they talked about the map I made, and they even had a picture of my map. My map was one of a kind for the mod, because instead of the goals being like soccer goals, I made a basketball arena. Pg93 2002 issue. The only downside is the picture they show is missing some textures, which sucks.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Having my own talk show at the age of 25 was pretty cool. I hope it's not the pinnacle of my professional career, however.

I still think being called "Dad" is the coolest thing that's ever happened to me.

Well, that and the menage a trois.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:25 PM   #3
astralhaze
College Prospect

Still would have to, unfortunately, say my roster set for Mogul 2002. Since this is an ego thread I will brag. It was easily the most comprehensive and accurate set for the game. Other than that, I'm pretty boring.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #4
Vince
Pro Starter

The other day we were playing sloshball, and I dove and caught a fly ball with a beer in my off hand...and I kept more than half the beer in my cup. That was pretty sweet
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
The other day we were playing sloshball, and I dove and caught a fly ball with a beer in my off hand...and I kept more than half the beer in my cup. That was pretty sweet

Best one yet in my book.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:50 PM   #6
Vince
Pro Starter

On a more serious note...

My crowning achievement would have to be my score on my High School entrance exam. I went to an all-guys Jesuit private high school, and to get in you had to take an acceptance test. Both my father and my grandfather attended the school (Bellarmine, for those who might have heard of it), so I had some shoes to fill. When the time came for me to take the test to get in, the talk of the family was how well I was going to do. The score was on a scale from 1-99, 99 being the highest attainable score. My dad had achieved a 95, and he was quite sure (in a trash talking kind of way) that I was not going to do as well as he did (we don't know how my Grandfather did...they didn't have the same admissions process back then). Well, the time came for the results to come in, and I ended up with a 97, better than all but one of the students in my area (my friend Lauren, taking the same test for the sister school, got a 99), and best of all, better than my dad's 95. I was quite proud of myself.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:52 PM   #7
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Organized a concert from absolute top to bottom while volunteer concert chairperson at Rutgers. We felt we had to overcome bad P.R. from a rainout the year before and came through with flying colors.

I fought the beauracracy of a State school for 4 months while even my paid advisors told me to give up. Eventually I got them to clear us booking Method Man & Redman as the headlining act, and we booked Less than Jake and the 2 Skinnee J's as openers. The free concert drew over 10,000 people, easily the biggest concert in school history.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #8
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Inking a college scholarship to play soccer is probably mine.

Getting laid for the first was pretty cool too, but that's a totally different story.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #9
Tarkus
High School Varsity

Definitely, the highlight of my life has been my wedding and the birth of my two beautiful sons.

Tarkus
Old 03-09-2003, 07:05 PM   #10
sabotai
General Manager

Not much on my end...I haven't done much.

When FBPro 99 came out, I did an extensive test of the training camp to figure out what drills trained what attributes (because in their infanite wisdom, Sierra left this out of the manual). I wrote it up and posted it to the Seirra forums. That write-up can still be found on some FBPro sites. Here's one:

University of FBPRO

It's under Ratings and Training Camp tips. (Last on the list there.)

Yes, that's my claim to fame!

Pathetic, I know. But until I start getting my projects done...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:17 PM   #11
rexalllsc
Banned

I once won the Champions League two years in a row w/ Leeds in CM 3....lol

Really though, when I was 15 my hockey team won nationals (Peewee AAA) and the game was on ESPN 2...
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:28 PM   #12
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Becoming the youngest National Delegate at the RNC in 1992.
Publishing a book on WWII.
Being promoted to (deleted ). (last week- yea!)

Marrying my wife.

PS. And how could I forget. I am still the 3rd all-time leading rusher in my hometown's Pee Wee Football league, who has been keeping records since 1942. Now, that may be my greatest achievement.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 03-11-2003 at 07:08 AM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:29 PM   #13
McSweeny
College Starter

i think Senator humbles us all
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:31 PM   #14
Senator

I am the one who is humbled. All you guys are smarter than me.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 03-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #15
Blackadar
Retired

Realizing that I was not a father to my son anymore, but that now I am a Dad.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:38 PM   #16
QuikSand
lolzcat

I have years-long winning streaks in both miniature golf and whack-a-mole. (well, there's one asterisk involved, but both are pretty imposing) For these purposes, that will do fine for me.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:39 PM   #17
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackadar
Realizing that I was not a father to my son anymore, but that now I am a Dad.

Sure makes me feel like an asshat for posting a wiseacre comment here. Nice one.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:40 PM   #18
Senator

Your sandbagging us Quik, I think you probably trump us all.

Old 03-09-2003, 07:44 PM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
Organized a concert from absolute top to bottom while volunteer concert chairperson at Rutgers. We felt we had to overcome bad P.R. from a rainout the year before and came through with flying colors.

I fought the beauracracy of a State school for 4 months while even my paid advisors told me to give up. Eventually I got them to clear us booking Method Man & Redman as the headlining act, and we booked Less than Jake and the 2 Skinnee J's as openers. The free concert drew over 10,000 people, easily the biggest concert in school history.

...until Ludacris came last year .

Gotta love Rutgersfest...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:06 PM   #20
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I have thrown up in the US Senate.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:18 PM   #21
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

My most glorious achievment for academics has to be my streak of geography bee's at my school.

In sixth grade, I came in second out of the whole school, K-8, in seventh grade I came in first out of the whole school 6-8. and in eigth grade i won it again. Then I went to high school, and got a 4.3 GPA in my first semester.

In sports, winning the consolation bracket in sixth grade for my basketball team, for my traveling baseball team we played in a wooden bat tournament in Cary, and I got what turned out to be the game winning hit. (Loaded the bases with 2 outs, only to have the pitcher balk, and let the winning run score)

In my first ever real football game, we played Oregon for JV, and I got 2 tackles and got to hear the announcer say my name.

I think that when I broke my arm in two places, during a game, and it looked all wavy, and being able to joke around with the coaches, and medical personal was pretty cool. Morphine works pretty good.

That's all I can think of right now.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #22
tucker342
Pro Starter

Getting into my schools top concert band, I was one of two Clarinets that moved up, even though I was second to last chair in the second band last year. Now I'm second to last chair in the top band. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I was damn proud of myself for getting in.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:46 PM   #23
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
I have thrown up in the US Senate.

AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:13 PM   #24
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Getting student of the year in middle school, why because I proved people just cause I play sports doesn't mean I'm dumb. But a close second is winning MVP for my middle school in baseball, basketball and oh football.

noop
Old 03-09-2003, 09:14 PM   #25
Craptacular
College Starter

Being the only person I know (friends, family, etc) with a hole-in-one in golf (195-yards, none of this pitch-and-putt crap).

Presenting a paper at the largest Transportation conference in the world as an undergrad.

Like QuikSand, I had a pretty impressive winning streak in minigolf (also had one in racquetball when I played).

Oh yeah, I better say "getting married".

edit: Oh yeah, I also had the 2nd web site (not a BBS) to offer JNSE golf courses online.

Last edited by Craptacular : 03-09-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:15 PM   #26
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

I dated a girl who was Miss Connecticut. Even my friends who lived with me at the time still don't believe it.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #27
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by lynchjm24
I dated a girl who was Miss Connecticut. Even my friends who lived with me at the time still don't believe it.

pictures man, pictures!!!!

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:50 PM   #28
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Logan
...until Ludacris came last year .

Gotta love Rutgersfest...

Hey, well knowing I paved the way for shows of that size I'm still happy. My second biggest accomplishment was my last act in the Rutgers College Program Council. We were pushing for a referendum through the college governing association, but got shafted by them with less than 10 days before the deadline for referendums. The only other way to get one on a ballot was by getting 10% of the student population to sign for a referendum, and then get them to vote it through. Well, we beat down doors and got the signatures in time to get the issue on the ballot.

So I had spear-headed two referndums (one specifically for the event RutgersFest, and the other for the organization in general). Both passed and our budget rose like 70 percent to nearly 3/4 of a million dollars annually! That's where the money for these mega-concerts now comes from (although you're the ones actually paying it).

college was fun for a while.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:10 PM   #29
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

congrats on the new job, Senator.

And Fritz... your last name wouldn't be Mondale, would it?
Old 03-09-2003, 10:21 PM   #30
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Senator
Being promoted to National Director Homeland Security - Airport Division. (last week- yea!)

Congrats ... no wonder you didn't seem to like us making fun of ready.gov

P.S. Of course, dhs.gov is down right now. Hope they didn't get hacked.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:29 PM   #31
Vince
Pro Starter

Oh yeah, the racquetball mention made me think of another of my great achievements

I was the Intramural Racquetball Champion of UCSB for a quarter, before I 'retired.' As much as I love Racquetball, I like Basketball more and I don't have time for both.

On top of that, my IM Basketball team won tonight, and for the first time in 4 years, we are headed to the playoffs because of that win. Between my double-double (points + steals) and my buddy Simon's 20+ points, we were the co-MVPs...it was great!
Old 03-09-2003, 10:32 PM   #32
JeeberD
General Manager

Ummm, I guess that it would have to be the time I scored 13 points in an official, sanctioned high school basketball game.

Or maybe the time that I came this close to hitting a home run and wound up with a triple.

Or maybe the time that I dunked the ball (oh, wait, that never happened).

Hmmm, nothing in particular stands out as being a crowning achievement. I have lot's of little things, but there's no one thing that stands out. But once I graduate college that will change...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #33
Easy Mac

Hitting a grand slam in the bottom of the 6th inning to send my little league baseball team into the state tournament.

Taking a picture in the National Art Building, then evading the guards (I think it was Art, I don't really remember, I just remember running like hell, b/c I forgot you couldnt).

And sex in a moving car.

That about sums up my life.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:56 PM   #34
sabotai
General Manager

"And sex in a moving car."

If this is while either of you were driving, I'll be impressed.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:03 PM   #35
JeeberD
General Manager

Ooh, thanks for reminding me. I got a hummer while driving the other day. That's gotta be tops on my list!

Goodness, I worry about my memory sometimes...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:04 PM   #36
vex
Grizzled Veteran

While driving? No problem.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:17 AM   #37
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by lynchjm24

I can believe that.

At my school we have the most recent (junior?) Miss Idaho and Miss Vermont. Neither are attractive and one smells really bad.

By the way, this is not a diss on you, but just you know, a thought.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:24 AM   #38
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I'm guessing it's the Idaho girl.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 04:41 AM   #39
astralhaze
College Prospect

Hey now I'm from Idaho and I resent tha...errr, nevermind, it was probably the Idaho girl.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:10 AM   #40
AgPete
College Prospect

I believe it. I think it's called Miss Teen USA. I nailed the Miss Teen Texas when I was a teenager but I didn't know it at the time. I had seen girls much hotter so the thought that she might be a beauty queen never crossed my mind. Some friends told me later who she was. All in all, it was a disappointing experience. She wasn't that pretty, too easy and pretty short. I guess she looked different when a professional gave her a makeover for the contest. Or she kicked ass in the talent part of the show.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:31 AM   #41
ACStrider
High School JV

Hmmm....for me it's one of three things and I'm not sure which one is tops. I graduated Valedictorian in high school. I won an academic scholarship competition (one of nine awards given out of a group of 90 or so people, half of whom were also valedictorians and half of whom had 28's or higher on the ACT) and kept a high enough GPA throughout college to keep it all four years. I started a student club in high school which went from nothing to the biggest club on campus in one year's time. I guess in comparison to some of the others here it's not much to brag about, but I guess I get to look forward to many more years to fill my life with significant accomplishments.

On a side note...I went to school with last year's Miss Oklahoma Kaci Hundley. She was really nice and obviously talented and pretty.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:13 AM   #42
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
Anal sex in a moving car.

So this is why you drive a stick.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:27 AM   #43
Senator

Quote:
Congrats ... no wonder you didn't seem to like us making fun of ready.gov

Naa, I don't mind. What is the gov. for, if not to make fun of. I will have to turn you in now, you realize. Nothing personal.

Old 03-10-2003, 06:47 AM   #44
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Senator
Naa, I don't mind. What is the gov. for, if not to make fun of. I will have to turn you in now, you realize. Nothing personal.

LMAO
Old 03-10-2003, 07:04 AM   #45
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Re: Your most glorious Achievement?

Quote:
Originally posted by Airhog
or getting your CD published?
Well, if you were referring to me on that one, I don't consider it a "crowning achievement." All it took to get this sucker done was the willingness (stupidity???) to pay for a professional-quality CD. The songs on the CD span almost 15 years of my life. 10 songs in 15 years ain't THAT impressive. But, I guess it would be the appropriate time to let the cat out of the bag on some things. Mine would be the following, in order of what I'd consider most impressive:

1. Personal Achievement: Marrying She Who Must Be Obeyed!

2. Academic achievement: Presidential Scholarship to Georgia Tech, 1470 on the SAT, STAR student, was a first-team member of our school's championship high school quiz bowl team from Freshman year on. Only 3 people were on the "first team," and we won several awards that year, including the championship of two different televised competetions.

3. Musical Achievement: As mentioned above, definitely not this CD. Best achievement here would be my brother and I having 3 rap songs that got radio play in our home town when we were in high school.

4. Athletic Achievement: Working my butt off just about every day over the summer in basketball to go from being a benchwarmer on JV my freshman year to making the Varsity my sophomore year.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:09 AM   #46
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Hmm,
meeting my current fiance and the upcoming wedding will probably be my highlight. Meeting her will do for now.

Also,
*being Student Body President at Indiana University Southeast and outstanding student of the year.
*winning a grant to travel to India to guest lecture on multiculturalism at an educational conference.
*getting 10pts, 14rebs, and 5 blocks in my last organized game (freshman in HS)

Hopefully will add my new side desktop video business, doing weddings and such. Here's to future success!
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 09:24 AM   #47
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

1. Personal Achievement: Raising our little boy.

2. Academic achievement: None that I can think of except maybe getting a Masters, which is no big deal.

3. Musical Achievement: All-County (Onondaga Co, New York) Percussionist in the 5th and 6th grades.

4. Athletic Achievement: Absolutely none whatsoever.

5. Artistic Achievement: Two gallery showings of my landscape photographs in 1993 and 1994.

Sheesh, 43 years old and all I got to show for it is 5000+ posts at FOFC.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #48
Subby
lolzcat

I kicked heroin back in '94.

Right now I am working on getting a patent for the next-generation of "dessert-style" rice cakes.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:11 AM   #49
Bee
Pro Starter

The problem with this thread is you are assuming we've had a glorious achievement.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:26 AM   #50
kid_dynamite
Mascot

my greatest sports accomplishments came in hockey. in my younger years i was always playing up a level because i was quite talented we went to state a few times which was awesome but never finished better than 6th place. in my high scool years we never managed to make it to state but in my senior year we did win the conference for the first time ever in school history.

academic-i made it to college