Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Exclamation Flying Sheep Head!

Flying Sheep Head Hits Concertgoer At MAYHEM Gig, Band Get Charged - Mar. 10, 2003

A flying sheep's head hit a concertgoer and fractured his skull at a concert of black metal band MAYHEM, according to the Associated Press.

The band, one of the forerunners of Norway's black metal music scene, were carving up a dead sheep as part of their stage act when the animal's head flew off lead singer Maniac's knife and struck Per Kristian Hagen, 25.

The show was Thursday (March 6) in Bergen, 302 miles west of the capital, Oslo.

"My relationship to sheep is a bit ambivalent now. I like them, but not when they come flying through the air," Hagen told The Associated Press Monday from his hospital room. "I have a headache now." He is expected to recover.

Hagen, a MAYHEM fan, filed involuntary assault and battery charges against the band. The charges carry a maximum sentence of six months in prison.

MAYHEM member Rune Eriksen, whose stage name is Blasphemer, said the incident was unfortunate.

"The whole thing was an accident, but maybe it would be an idea for another show," he said.

Eriksen promised Hagen a free ticket to the group's next performance.

Police detective Carl-Petter Leganger told the AP an investigation has started, but "nothing suggests this was a conscious act."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 05:26 PM   #2
DiG
n00b

What ? The guy's in a fucking black metal show and isn't hardcore enough to take a fliying sheep head like a man.

[kvlt BM mode] The guy's a jew[/kvlt BM mode]

[edit] Just for the record, I don't really think that...

Last edited by DiG : 03-10-2003 at 05:45 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally posted by DiG
What ? The guy's in a fucking black metal show and isn't hardcore enough to take a fliying sheep head like a man.

[kvlt BM mode] The guy's a jew[/kvlt BM mode]

[edit] Just for the record, I don't really think that...

What exactlly does that mean?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
DiG
n00b

I guess I'm the only one that knows the scene.

BMers will tell you that Black Metal is about agressiveness and violence. Black Metal is also a lot about nationalism, and I mean real nationalism. They like three things : themselves, their nation and their genre. A lot of them take pride in their lack of emotions of any sort. They are racists, they are homophobic and they definitely are anti-semitist. You go to any black metal band message board and you'Re gonna see two words in particular : jew and gay. And I'm not exagerating. Now my knowledge of the scene comes from a year and a half spent surfing on a british band forum which is mistakingly identified in the BM genre - it's the way true BMers, or kvlt BM ers which is also a term used a lot anyway - but seems, through their supposed suckiness, to attract a lof of people that share the BM ideologies. I despise these people, these people make me sick. (Really, just read example this for an example).

Now one thing I hate is plain messages. That's why I don't post a lot. But in this instance, I felt a need to reply to the subject at hand because it kinda touched me. I've been to black metal shows, and I'm gonna go to some more, probably. I appreciate the music, but I hate the image that goes with it, the morals, or lack of morals that goes with it. So here I am, wanting to do some sort of humoristic message, while taking a shot at what the majority of the people that did go to that particular concert believe in. I tried satire. I didn't carry out well because : 1) I suck at satire, 2) It has to be explained to the average american and 3) It contains terms and sentences that can be taken in the wrong way. I don't know if I mentionned it, but I'm all against what those BMers stand for. I even read my post and saw it could lead to misunderstanding, but I just tried to save it.

So here was my explanation. I hope my original post looks better, maybe not funny, but not anti-semitist either. But I'd be glad to delete it if it causes further problems or misunderstanding, or if anyone feels it isn't something I/we should joke about, that it doesn't have it's place on these boards.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:42 PM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

hasn't the black metal genre also seen violence akin to the East Coast/West Coast rap violence here in the states?

I thought some band members had been found guitly of killing members of rival bands, any truth to that?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:02 PM   #6
DiG
n00b

There's no geographical rivalities as far as I know, but there has been violence.

Varg Vikernes, aka Count Grishnackh who was the bassist for Mayhem for a short time, but who is more known for his work in Burzum, killed Oystein Aarseth aka Euronymous, the guitarist of the band. Varg was 18 when the murder occured if I remember correctly. If I believe Varg, Euronymous was out to kill him ; If I belive the rumour then Varg is a little bit paranoid , and when Euronymous came to his house, seemingly with good intentions in regard of their sort of cult, the Inner Circle, he stabbed him. There are other occurences of violence, but none between bands that I know.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:10 PM   #7
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Your explination definently clears things uo.

BTW does these guys names make anyone feel like they are watching an old Voltron Episode.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote