Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The Seven - A FOF2K7 "Great Men" Dynasty

So I hadn't even really planned to start a dynasty. I've been busy playing Goal Line Blitz and doing other things, when I turned on FOF and started messing around a bit. Make a team, see how they do, you know the drill. Then, in one draft I saw something amazing, and I knew I had to track it in a dynasty.

Checking through a draft, I saw something really weird. There were a lot of quarterbacks and running backs in it...good ones! Amazingly, the top 7 picks were all QBs or RBs, something I don't think I have ever seen before. Even better, most of them were truly fantastic players, the kind you don't see in every draft. It was obvious to me that these guys are going to rewrite the history of the league. Let's follow them and see how they do. I'll track their stats each year and award one of them the 7 MVP!

Chris Patrizio, #7, QB - Washington Redskins

Chris was the seventh pick and by the scout's eye, the “worst” of our players. He doesn't look bad at all to me though, a roll-out passer who doesn't have a cannon but is very complete in the rest of the skillset. Playing at Colorado he was the reliable leader who could be counted on to win in the clutch.

George Newhart, #6, RB – San Francisco 49ers

Coming from Stanford, George was a grinding back in college and is the one of the most developed of our 7. Not particularly powerful or elusive, he's got nice speed, can turn the corner, and has excellent hands. If the Niners use him correctly he could be a multiple threat that's hard to stop.

Aaron Doyle, #5, QB – St. Louis Rams

Playing his college ball at Georgia Tech, Aaron was a scrambler with a great touch on the screen pass. He can throw it long too, which gives the Rams some options. Some question his occasional wild throws but that should improve with some experience in the NFL.

Danny Thomason, #4, RB – Houston Texans

Danny was the only one of our 7 to skip the workout at the combine, but he has displayed excellent speed and power. Playing at Tennessee he saw plenty of carries, and is ready to go at the pro level. With good hands as well, Danny would normally be in the running for a top pick, but this year was overshadowed. Will he be able to prove himself?

O.J. Witt, #3, RB – Oakland Raiders

Frankly, I'm amazed Witt fell to #3 as he is one of the best prospects I've ever seen in countless seasons of FOF. He has the total package, blazing 4.41 speed, power, good hands and in his college days at Iowa, experience with tearing up the record books. Will he do the same in the NFL?

Ken Cleghorn, #2, QB – New York Jets

The Jets have received a lot of hate mail over this pick, but they went with their needs over Witt or some of the other players. Ken played great ball at NC State, and in any normal year would be considered a great prospect. He's got a great arm, and though some have questioned his intangibles, he could be a star for the Jets.

Thurman Barrett, #1, QB – Buffalo Bills

Thurman comes from Miami where he only started for his senior year, and looked very good. He is a top-notch quarterback and looks like he has all the tools, though he will need some polishing. He's a great #1 pick and the Bills are ecstatic about his potential.

Last edited by Peregrine : 04-03-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2010 Season

All screenshots are from the end of the season!

Chris Patrizio – QB – Washington Redskins

Chris came out of training camp looking good but not great, but still, they felt he had great potential. QB Terry Beyer was Washington's starter this year, though Chris filled in a few games due to injury. He had the usual rookie issues that most QBs have, and will need some more time to develop in the NFL. Washington's poor to average receivers will need to be upgraded as well, in the long term.

George Newhart – RB – San Francisco 49ers

George came in as a starter from Day 1, and had a terrific training camp, looking like a powerhouse runner and receiver. He proved that through the entire season, ripping opponents for 3.97 yards a carry and smashing his way to the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award! The Niners have a solid offensive line that really opened the holes for George this season.

Aaron Doyle – QB – St. Louis Rams

Aaron was pegged as the starting QB all the way this year, and he played well, though at times showing rookie jitters. He has some more developing to do but overall he looked great this year and was cool under pressure. He took the Rams all the way to the NFC championship game before they were knocked out by Minnesota.

Danny Thomason – RB – Houston Texans

Danny went in as a starter and showed flashes of true greatness, though he was limited by the Texans pass-oriented offense. Despite splitting carries extensively with another back, Danny played very well, getting near 1000 yards and racking uo 68 catches. When they let him loose he's going to be really scary.

OJ Witt – RB – Oakland Raiders

Witt looked just as amazing in training camp as he did at the combine, and Oakland had a good offensive line and a great blocking fullback. When Witt played well, he looked truly gifted, but injuries and a strong passing game left him on the bench at times. Shoulder and foot injuries plagued him this year, leaving Raiders fans hoping they will not be a trend. He was a great asset in the passing game which bodes well for the future.

Ken Cleghorn – QB – New York Jets

Ken looks like he has a ton of upside, and the Jets gave him the chance to start this year. A series of injuries cost him a bit of playing time, but he looked sharp aside from a propensity to throw interceptions. The Jets' owner is hoping he will be able to shake that off, as he otherwise looks like an excellent quarterback.

Thurman Barrett – QB – Buffalo Bills

Thurman came into the season looking even more raw than the scouts had hoped. He has amazing potential but it's definitely going to take some time to grow into it. Veteran QB Vinny Bensen started for the Bills this year, with Thurman taking notes. The very last game of the season the coach let Thurman start, and he dazzled, throwing four touchdowns.

Definitely have to give George Newhart the MVP award for this season, he dominated opponents and looked really good. Aaron Doyle wasn't too far behind.

OJ Witt – 12 starts, 223 carries for 840 yards, 4 TDs. 60 catches for 433 yards, 3 TDs.

Danny Thomason- 16 starts, 234 carries for 907 yards, 4 TDs. - 68 catches for 431 yds, 1 TD

George Newhart – 16 starts, 353 carries for 1402 yards, 8 touchdowns – 245 receiving yds, 1 TD

Thurman Barrett – 1 start, 22/43 for 287 yards, 4 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 84.1 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 14 starts, 243/385 for 2,273 yards, 8 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 71 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 308/511 for 3,020 yards, 19 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 78.7 rating

Chris Patrizio – 2 starts, 37/70 for 332 yards, 1 touchdown, 3 interceptions, 52.8 rating
Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm changing up my style a bit this time, and putting all the stats at the end where it's easier to compare them. Let me know if you like/don't like the change.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach

Interesting idea for a dynasty, keep it up.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

I like the change and of course will be following this one like I always do.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2011 Season

Terry Beyer started the season for the Redskins at QB, but after three games the coach decided it was time for Chris to take over, and he started the rest of the season. After a stretch in summer league he looked much more solid, and he was a capable, but not spectacular starter this year, trying to avoid mistakes.

George was a great runner again for the Niners, though he was held back to some extent by a 7-9 season where they fell behind often. He had six 100 yard games though, and was even more of an integral part in the passing game than he was last season. He's really becoming the star of the show in San Fran.

As much as he impressed in his rookie season, Doyle looked better this year, really taking control of the team and looking like the team's QB of the future. He improved on the interception front and was a bit more accurate. He was excellent in the Rams two playoff games as well. The team's fans can't wait to see where Doyle is going to take them.

Danny played very well when he got to handle the ball, though the Texans' offensive style continued to limit those carries. He also hurt his back which knocked him out for a few games. Still, with a 4.85 average yards per carry, he made his opportunities count. He continued to be used in the passing game but not as much as last season.

Witt's injury problems continued to plague him, he has a recurring foot injury that has flared up several times already in two seasons, and cost him some starting time this season as well. But when he is healthy he has been amazing, ripping opposing defenses for an impressive 5.65 average this year. His best game saw him go 184 yards in only 21 carries! He was used even more in the passing game and ended up being Oakland's second best receiver this year..

Ken improved this year across the board, except in throwing interceptions, which seems to be something the Jets will have to live with for now. It's starting to look like the Jets made a good choice in Cleghorn, whose leadership took them to their first playoff game in a long time.

Thurman still needs time to develop, and played behind Vinny Bensen again this year, but ended up getting quite a bit of playing time due to injuries. He showed flashes of greatness, along with the mistakes of a young player. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to take the reins for good next season, though he'll need to work on his accuracy.

The MVP this year is a really tough choice, as several players played well. In the end I chose to give it to OJ Witt, whose 1,610 combined yards and 9 touchdowns barely edged George Newhart. (And this is when he's not being run very hard!) Our QBs are improving but not quite enough.

OJ Witt – 13 starts, 185 carries for 1,045 yards, 6 touchdowns. 70 catches for 565 yards and 3 receiving TDs

Danny Thomason – 13 starts, 198 carries for 960 yards, 8 touchdowns. 39 catches for 275 receiving yards

George Newhart – 15 starts, 308 carries for 1,290 yards, 5 touchdowns. 37 catches for 254 yards, 6 receiving TDs

Thurman Barrett – 7 starts, 130/253 for 1,433 yards – 9 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 65.5 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 14 starts, 293/433 for 3,050 yards – 21 touchdowns, 16 interceptions, 88.6 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts 318/511 for 3,285 yards – 20 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 86.4 rating

Chris Patrizio – 13 starts, 235/352 for 2,386 yards – 8 touchdowns, 5 interceptions, 87.6 rating
Old 04-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well I goofed up - I never checked the rushing stats for Aaron Doyle this season. He had 82 carries for 407 yards and 5 touchdowns in addition to his throwing stats - overall I think this is enough to topple OJ Witt and name Aaron Doyle the 7 MVP.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2012 Season

Some improved receivers and continued development helped make this a great year for Chris – he really blossomed from a tentative player last year to a great performer this year. There's no doubt he's going to be a good leader for the Redskins in the future. He really made a run at being the top QB in the league this year.

George is becoming Old Reliable for the Niners, putting in another excellent running year this year, and having his best season for rushing touchdowns. He's going to continue racking up the yards for a long while, though some wonder if he'll ever be able to reach the level of the elite rushers in the league.

This was a tragically lost season for Aaron, who many thought was going to break into the ranks of the league's greats. Instead a severe hamstring injury (and later a re-injury) kept him out of all but two games this year, though he did come back to play in a disastrous wild card game where he threw four interceptions.

Danny continues to be limited in his number of carries by the Texans offense. He's a great runner, and finally broke the 1,000 yard mark this season, but a lot of people are hoping that they will let him open it up at some point.

The Raiders decided to open it up with OJ and gave him the ball a lot more this season. As a result, he is showing himself as one of the best multi-threat players in the league, with a dominant ground game and just as skilled catching passes. There were times this year when it looked like Witt would end up as the team's best rusher AND receiver (he ended up third.) This guy is just a beast that anyone would kill to have on their team.

Any lingering doubts Jets fans had about Ken were blown away this season, as he put on a show. He was a different quarterback this year and looked calm and collected as he threw for huge yardage. He powered the team all the way to the Super Bowl, which they unfortunately lost to Seattle. Ken was named both the Offensive Player of the Year and the League MVP! No question he was the best QB in the league this season.

As expected, Thurman took over the team this year, starting in all 16 games and showing his great potential. He had his problems with accuracy and interceptions, but there is no place but up for him to go as he continues to develop.

As great as OJ was with almost 2,000 combined yards and 15 TDs, the MVP has to go to Ken Cleghorn this year, with a masterful performance at quarterback.

OJ Witt – 15 starts, 287 carries for 1,350 yards with 10 touchdowns. 84 catches for 626 receiving yards and 5 receiving touchdowns.

Danny Thomason – 15 starts, 197 carries for 1,003 yards and 5 touchdowns. 62 catches for 453 yards and 2 receiving TDs

George Newhart – 16 starts, 269 carries for 1,247 yards and 9 touchdowns. 47 catches for 272 yards.

Thurman Barrett – 16 starts, 273/574 for 2,996 yards – 13 touchdows and 22 interceptions, 55.0 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 354/504 for 4,212 yards – 37 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, 109.9 rating

Aaron Doyle – 2 starts, 25/43 for 197 yards, no TDs or interceptions. 3 carries for 21 yards

Chris Patrizio- 16 starts, 314/461 for 3,563 yards – 29 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, 102.1 rating
Old 04-05-2008, 05:45 AM   #9
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2013 season

All player ratings are from the end of the season.

Chris had another good year for the Skins, he's been reliable and capable over the last three seasons. He's been helped a lot by excellent RB Jeff Esposito, who racked up over 1400 yards this year. This year the Redskins won their divisional playoff game too, so the fans think the team is on the upswing.

The Niners know what they're going to get out of George, consistency. He put up very similar numbers to last year's performance. Fans would like to see him go back to the form of his rookie season, but he'd need to get more carries for that.

Recovering from his injuries of last year, Aaron was fantastic this year, really looking like the dominant quarterback everyone expected. He suffered through some further injuries this year, but despite starting only 13 games, was named as the 2nd Team Pro Bowl Quarterback!

Danny got the most carries this year of his career, but many were disappointed in his performance, even though it was a career year for him in yardage. Despite a talented offensive line, he doesn't seem to be playing up to his potential yet. Maybe it will take a change of team to get him going. He continues to be active as a receiver, however.

OJ had another great season, leading the league in rushing, and was finally given some recognition as he was named 1st Team Pro Bowl Running Back! If he got more carries he could be even better.

After his MVP performance last year, no one was sure if Ken could keep it up – but he certainly has the full support of Jets fans. It turned out there was no worry, as he kept up the same amazing pace, again topping 4,000 yards and again being named Offensive Player of the Year and League MVP! He's really proved his detractors wrong in a huge way.

Thurman looked better this year, and he is developing before the team's eyes, though some would like it to happen a bit faster. Accuracy remains a problem, though he improved quite a bit from last season. Still, they have given him the whole offense and he had more throws than any of our other QBs.

It's another battle for the 7 MVP between Witt and Cleghorn, but I have to go with Cleghorn, winning his second MVP in a row!

OJ Witt – 16 starts, 263 carries for 1,451 yards – 10 touchdowns. 68 catches for 579 yards, 5 receiving touchdowns.

Danny Thomason – 16 starts, 270 carries for 1,037 yards – 4 touchdowns. 63 catches for 420 yards, 1 receiving touchdown.

George Newhart – 16 starts, 316 carries for 1,275 yards – 9 touchdowns. 38 catches for 259 receiving yards.

Thurman Barrett – 16 starts, 319/568 for 3,597 yards – 19 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 76.1 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 382/558 for 4,138 yards – 32 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 103.9 rating

Aaron Doyle – 13 starts, 289/405 for 3,211 yards – 32 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 113.7 rating

Chris Patrizio – 16 starts, 282/427 for 3,430 yards – 27 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 102.9 rating
Old 04-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2014 Season

Our players are in their fifth season now.

Chris continued to shine this year, having no trouble throwing a lot of touchdowns and getting the Redskins into the playoffs again. Before the season he also re-signed with the Skins for a 5 year, $45 million contract. In interviews he has said he wants to keep playing for them for his whole career. We'll see if that works out.

George Newhart – RB – Dallas Cowboys

George became the first of our seven to change teams when the 49ers released him. He quickly found a new team, signing a lucrative deal with Dallas, then found out that they already have a very good running back, Amos Soto. George had to prove himself all over again, and ended up splitting the carries pretty evenly with Soto. George is hoping he'll get the starting job next season, but rookie sign B.J. Cabral might have something to say about that.

Aaron looked good to start the year, but a series of injuries, including a serious one to his leg, cost him most of this season. He ended up starting only 5 games. With his history of injuries, some are starting to question how long he'll stay with the Rams, even though he's got great talent.

Danny signed a 5 year, $50 million deal with the Texans, but continues to get little playing time. He had another average year, doing the best he could with less than 200 carries. He did get involved in the passing game, however, more than in any previous season, and looked very sharp.

OJ felt he had come very close to winning the MVP award last year, so he re-doubled his efforts, and again was a dominant force in the running and passing games. This time there was no denying him, as he led his team in rushing yards AND receiving yards, came in second in the league in rushing, and was named Offensive Player of the Year and League MVP.

Ken had had back to back MVP years and felt he deserved some compensation.A five year, $126 million contract was just that. Unfortunately, he injured his knee early in the year, and after he came back a leg injury finished his season. He only started five games (looking fantastic in them) but seems to be fully recovered for next season.

Last year was Thurman's break into the big time, and this year he looked even better. Improving his accuracy a bit (though not his interceptions) he was a force for the Bills this year and took them to the playoffs for the second year in a row, where they lost their wild card game.

No question that OJ Witt gets the 7 MVP this year – it was a down year for most of our players but he was dominant – I have a feeling he and Thurman are going to slug it out in the future.

OJ Witt – 16 starts, 290 carries for 1,463 yards, 11 touchdowns. 89 catches for 894 yards, 5 receiving touchdowns.

Danny Thomason – 15 starts, 198 rushes for 946 yards, 4 touchdowns. 70 catches for 530 yards, 5 receiving TDs

George Newhart – 4 starts, 203 rushes for 840 yards, 5 touchdowns. 30 catches for 193 yards.

Thurman Barrett- 16 starts, 305/528 for 3,667 yards – 29 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 83.3 rating

Ken Cleghorn- 5 starts, 118/157 for 1,276 yards – 7 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 105.4 rating

Aaron Doyle – 5 starts, 95/146 for 1,040 yards – 6 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 94.0 rating.

Chris Patrizio – 16 starts, 280/447 for 3,151 yards – 32 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 98.1 rating
Old 04-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #11
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2015 Season

Chris may not be the best pure talent of our seven, but he's playing well as a competent, efficient passer. He didn't put up as many yards this year but was more accurate than ever.

This year was the opposite of what George had hoped – Amos Soto was given the starting job full time, with George left as an occasional backup. It's really a crime to see someone with George's talent stuck on the bench, but at least he's getting paid a lot.

The Rams expressed their confidence in Aaron by signing him to a 6 year, $72 million deal before the season. Though plagued by minor injuries, he started every game this year and again showed his excellent abilities, having a career year and being named 2nd Team Pro Bowl Quarterback for his great performance this season.

Danny got more carries this year than last, and made the most of them, making careeer-high yardage and scoring a career-high nine rushing touchdowns. He's hoping this trend will continue.

OJ is one of the biggest stars in the NFL now, followed everywhere by fans and the media. He showed his stuff again this year, running for a career high 12 touchdowns, and though he couldn't bag another MVP, he was named 1st Team Pro Bowl Running Back.

Ken recovered from his injuries of last year and started every game this season. Some say that he had lost his touch a bit, he looked less accurate and threw more interceptions, but it could have been just an off year. He took the Jets into the playoffs before losing the Conference Championship.

Thurman continued to look good at times, but the accuracy problem just won't go away – he dipped to 54% pass completeion this year and continues to throw a lot of interceptions. The Bills are happy to have him, and he racks up the yardage, but the questions are starting to mount if he's ever going to be the kind of game-changing player they wanted with the #1 pick.

It's a tough choice this year – OJ continues to dominate, but Aaron and Ken and Thurman played well also. In the end, I think it's going to go to Aaron Doyle, he continues to look very sharp when he's healthy.

OJ Witt – 15 starts, 289 carries for 1,409 yards, 12 touchdowns. 76 catches for 723 yards, 2 receiving touchdowns

Danny Thomason – 16 starts, 252 carries for 1,046 yards, 9 touchdowns. 59 catches for 371 yards.

George Newhart – 0 starts, 80 carries for 304 yards, 26 catches for 196 yards, 3 receiving TDs

Thurman Barrett – 16 starts, 335/620 for 3, 887 yards – 26 touchdowns, 19 interceptions.

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 361/567 for 3,917 yards – 24 touchdowns, 17 interceptions, 85.5 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 325/522 for 3,566 yards – 32 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 94.6 rating

Chris Patrizio – 15 starts, 245/384 for 2,594 yards – 17 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, 93.8 rating.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2016 Season

Our players are entering their seventh season.

Chris remained as he has been all along, competent but not flashy. He's the only one of our quarterbacks who hasn't lost a season as a starter due to injury, and though this year wasn't his best, the Redskins fans seem satisfied with him.

George continued to back up Amos Soto this year, though he did get to start a couple of games due to injury. He's still got of skills catching the ball, and is still fairly elusive. Dallas played in one playoff game this year, which George watched from the bench.

Aaron managed to stay healthy this year and had his first back to back 16 start season since his first two in the league. He wasn't as reliable as he has been, especially in the area of interceptions, but threw for a career high yardage total nonetheless. He remains very talented and a fantastic player to watch.

Danny had his worst year ever with the Texans this year, as a terrible season led to even fewer carries. There's talk that he wants to leave the team, but he had his chance a couple of years ago and re-signed with the Texans. I can't help but wonder what he could have done with another team.

OJ had an off year, dipping below 2,000 combined yards for the first time in four seasons. Still, it's hard to fault a player of his caliber, who still put up so many yards and 17 touchdowns. Oakland lost a key offensive lineman which definitely hurt OJ, but he may bounce back next year.

Ken roared back to his old form this season, setting a career yardage mark and smashing opponents left and right. He reminded everyone that he wasn't slipping as he secured his third League MVP, along with Offensive Player of the Year and 1st Team Pro Bowl Quarterback. This is the guy people questioned as the #2 pick? The Jets look like draft geniuses! (And yes, that is the first time that sentence has ever been written.)

Thurman threw well all year, and for the first time, seemed to shake his interception bug. He looked fantastic, and was high in the running for MVP if Ken Cleghorn didn't win it. He looks like the player the Bills expected, after all this time.

Have to give the MVP to Cleghorn, though Barrett came awfully close.

OJ Witt – 16 starts, 334 carries for 1,267 yards, 12 touchdowns. 79 catches for 698 yards, 5 receiving TDs.

Danny Thomason – 16 starts, 162 carries for 677 yards, 5 touchdowns. 51 catches for 230 yards and 2 receiving TDs.

George Newhart – 2 starts, 113 carries for 405 yards, 3 touchdowns. 25 catches fir 230 yards, 1 receiving TD

Thurman Barrett – 16 starts, 316/554 for 3,986 yards – 34 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 93.2 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 404/546 for 4,307 yards – 34 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 112 rating.

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 363/586 for 3, 846 yards – 19 touchdowns, 19 interceptions, 78.3 rating

Chris Patrizio – 16 starts, 292/482 for 3,187 yards – 13 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 80.4 rating

Career Stats

It's time to see everyone's career statistics through seven seasons!

OJ Witt – 103 starts, 1871 carries for 8,825 yards, 65 TDs. 526 catches for 4,518 yards, 28 receiving TDs.

Danny Thomason – 107 starts, 1511 carries for 6,576 yards, 39 TDs. 412 catches for 2,710 yards, 11 receiving TDs.

George Newhart- 69 starts, 1642 carries for 6,763 yards, 39 TDs. 253 catches for 1,649 yards, 11 receiving TDs

Thurman Barrett – 88 starts, 1700 completions, 54.1%, 19,853 yards – 134 touchdowns, 93 interceptions, 75.4 career rating

Ken Cleghorn – 97 starts, 2155 completions, 68.4%, 23,173 yards – 163 touchdowns, 76 interceptions, 96.9 career rating

Aaron Doyle – 84 starts, 1723 completions, 63.3%, 18,165 yards – 130 touchdowns, 62 interceptions, 89.0 career rating

Chris Patrizio – 94 starts, 1685 completions, 64.2%, 18,643 yards – 127 touchdowns, 52 interceptions, 93.1 career rating.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #13
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2017 Season

Chris had a great year, his best since 2013, as he led the Redskins to the playoffs again, and won their division before losing in the playoffs. He hasn't lost much skill over the years, and continues to be a great leader for the team.

George seems to have definitely lost a step or two in the last couple of years. He was bumped down to third string RB and rode the pine the entire year and never saw the field. Could this be his last year in the NFL?

Aaron seems as good as when he entered the league, and had another good year this year, winning 2nd Team Pro Bowl Quarterback (for the second time.) St. Louis got back into the playoffs after a drought of several years but a great effort by Aaron wasn't enough to win their first game.

Danny was bumped down to second string this season as rookie Matt Hirschman took over the starting duties. Danny doesn't have nearly the physical abilities he used to but was still able to rack up some nice yards as a backup this year.

OJ has also lost some of his once fantastic abilities, but is still a very good player. Unfortunately, a shoulder injury cost him the last three games of the season and he finished under 1,000 yards rushing for the first time since his rookie year.

Ken continues to be the best quarterback in the NFL. This year he threw for a career high 4,383 yards and took the Jets from a wild card team all the way to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately a hamstring injury hampered his play in the last two playoff games and the Jets lost a heartbreaking 19-10 game to Carolina. Ken won an amazing fourth League MVP award this year, along with Offensive Player of the Year and 1st Team Pro Bowl Quarterback.

Thurman seemed to slip away from his high point last season into the old accuracy problems, and that was before the injuries set in, costing him three starts. The end result was an average season at best.

Yet another 7 MVP for Ken Cleghorn

OJ Witt – 13 starts, 195 carries for 977 yards, 7 touchdowns. 28 catches for 242 yards, 1 receiving TD

Danny Thomason – 2 starts, 117 carries for 533 yards, 6 touchdowns. 26 catches for 143 yards, 2 receiving TDs

George Newhart – Did not play

Thurman Barrett – 13 starts, 245/486 for 2,553 yards – 15 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 65.1 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 400/563 for 4,383 yards – 36 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 105.3 rating

Aaron Doyle- 16 starts, 340/549 for 3,735 yards – 24 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 88.3 rating

Chris Patrizio-16 starts, 316/464 for 3,486 yards – 24 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 101.1 rating

Last edited by Peregrine : 04-07-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2018 Season

Our players enter their ninth season.

Chris continued to be effective this year, though he ended up with his most interceptions ever, he still got the job done and got the Skins to the playoffs. Unfortunately they weren't able to get out of the first round.

George Newhart – RB – Free Agent

George was released by Dallas in the off-season, and no one was willing to sign him this year. He has a faint hope of being picked up next season, but most likely he'll retire.

Aaron's talent doesn't seem to have faded a bit, he remained very consistent and put up almost identical numbers as last season. Unfortunately the Rams weren't able to make it to the playoffs like they did last year.

Danny Thomason – RB – Retired

Danny decided it was time to hang up his cleats, not wanting to end his career as a permanent backup. The question that will always be asked about him is “What if?” What if he had been drafted by another team? What if the Texans had molded their offense around him? He could have done great things.

There is no doubt that OJ's skills are slowly slipping away, and he had a lot of trouble getting into the endzone this year, in fact this was his worst season since his rookie one. Can he rally for another amazing year? Football fans are holding their breath.

Ken continues to be a dominant force in the NFL and the best quarterback in the league, securing his fifth League MVP award with a career-high yardage season. He had an impressive eight 300 yards games this year, his best being a stunning 387 yard, 5 touchdown win against Indianapolis. He took home the Offensive Player of the Year and 1st Team Pro Bowl QB awards as well, to what is becoming a very full mantel.

Thurman shook off his mediocre season last year and rebounded with another good one. He may not be a Ken Cleghorn but the Bills are glad to have him leading their team.

Well another 7 MVP for Cleghorn, who's clearly been the best of our players so far.

OJ Witt – 16 starts, 252 carries for 990 yards, 2 touchdowns. 46 catches for 327 yards, 3 receiving TDs

George Newhart – Did Not Play

Thurman Barrett – 16 starts, 312/568 for 3,737 yards – 29 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 83.4 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 448/679 for 4,501 yards – 31 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 93.7 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 354/564 for 3,713 yards – 23 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 86.5 rating

Chris Patrizio – 15 starts, 320/529 for 3,407 yards – 22 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 83.7 rating

Last edited by Peregrine : 04-08-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #15
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2019 Season

Chris was having a good start to his year, when a crushing sack in Week 4 twisted his knee in horrible ways. His season was over and he was scheduled for MCL surgery. It's his first serious injury and many are wondering how well he will bounce back next year.

George Newhart – RB – Retired

To no one's surprise, George retired from football in the off-season. He started out with a bang but ended up with a whimper, like so many running backs in the league.

Aaron suffered a foot injury that kept him out of three games, but was otherwise in his best form ever. If he had stayed healthy he probably would have gotten some consideration for MVP. Even so, he was named 2nd Team Pro Bowl Quarterback.

OJ was determined to improve on last year's performance, and though he did score more rushing touchdowns, a pair of knee injuries cost him several starts and he ended up with his lowest rushing and receiving totals ever. Many believe that he may retire, or at least that he's washed up.

What's driving Ken now is a desire to get a championship ring before his career is over. He got very close this year, as he was unstoppable, topping his marks of last year and collecting the usual assortment of hardware – League MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, 1st Team Pro Bowl Quarterback. But his team lost a nail-biter in the Conference Championship and his dream will have to wait for another year. (Wow this guy is good – I don't think I've ever seen a player win 6 MVP awards before – in 10 seasons!)

Thurman had a very good year, and it probably would have been a career year for him all around except for the knee injury that cost him two games. Still, he was one of the top passers in the league.

Another year, another Cleghorn 7 MVP.

OJ Witt – 12 starts, 192 carries for 785 yards, 7 touchdowns. 24 catches for 111 yards.

Thurman Barrett – 14 starts, 315/504 for 3,796 yards – 29 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 91.4 rating

Ken Cleghorn- 16 starts, 385/574 for 4,649 yards – 41 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 106.1 rating

Aaron Doyle – 13 starts, 288/398 for 2,919 yards – 26 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 105.3 rating

Chris Patrizio – 4 starts, 72/113 for 930 yards – 7 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 99.0 rating
Old 04-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #16
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2020 Season

Our players are in their 11th year in the NFL.

Chris had no trouble recovering from his knee injury last year, and looks as good as ever. He had another good but not great year, as he always does. There's definitely something to be said for consistency.

Aaron looks like he could keep going strong for many more seasons, and the Rams locked him up with a four year, $77 million contract. Despite losing two starts at the beginning of the season to a foot injury, he played well, though not putting up a lot of yards.

Witt didn't retire, but didn't get to start that year, as that honor went to 4th yeah man Ben Franklin. OJ ended up sitting on the bench most of the year, and this was the first year he didn't score a touchdown. It looks like this is where his career will end.

Ken remained fantastic this year, again leading the Jets to the playoffs and again suffering a painful loss in the Conference Championship. When the votes came in for League MVP, Ken's name came up just a few short of Leo Roberson's, QB for Tampa Bay, who had a slightly better year. Still, Ken came away with 2nd Team Pro Bowl Quarterback.

For the second straight season, injuries limited Thurman's playing time. This year a lower leg injury cost him most of the first half of the season. When he came back he was a bit wobbly but still played fairly well.

Yet another 7 MVP for Cleghorn.

OJ Witt – 0 starts, 6 carries for 36 yards. 12 catches for 61 receiving yards.

Thurman Barrett – 11 starts, 238/414 for 2,784 yards – 16 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 78.8 rating

Ken Cleghorn- 16 starts, 393/563 for 4,151 yards – 34 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 102.2 rating

Aaron Doyle – 14 starts, 243/384 for 2,701 yards – 25 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 96.1 rating

Chris Patrizio- 15 starts, 322/513 for 3,431 yards – 21 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 86.9 rating
Old 04-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #17
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2021 Season

Chris had brushes with two knee injuries that cost him a few starts and worried many, since his knee reconstruction was only a few years ago. There was no need, as he played well all year in leading the Skins to a divisional title. In the first playoff matchup of our players, his Skins would face Ken Cleghorn's Jets in the Super Bowl! In the end Chris would come out on top, slinging four touchdowns in a 42-21 win and the first Super Bowl title for our players! He was named Super Bowl MVP as well, the first time he has received any awards.

Aaron rebounded from his off year last season and passes for over 3,400 yards this season. He did throw a career high 15 interceptions but he still looks like a great quarterback.

OJ Witt – RB – Retired

OJ became the last of our RBs to call it a career. He was a great player overall, winning an MVP award in 2014 and was a dominant run and catch threat for many years. He ends his career as third in all-time rushing yards.

Ken has demolished rumors that he's starting to slip, having another amazing year this year, and recording a 7th League MVP award, along with Offensive Player of the Year and 1st Team Pro Bowl Quarterback. The piece of hardware that still drives him eluded him however, he took the team's loss in the Super Bowl very hard and has vowed to get back there next year.

Thurman dodged injuries for the second half of the season, but managed to compile a very good year – his best ever in terms of completion percentage. He isn't throwing for miles like Cleghorn but he's getting the job done.

Another Cleghorn 7 MVP? I wonder where he has the space for all this hardware.

Thurman Barrett – 14 starts, 282/449 for 3,065 yards – 20 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 89.3 rating

Ken Cleghorn- 16 starts, 388/508 for 4,436 yards - 26 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 123.2 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 369/611 for 3,419 yards – 16 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, 74.2 rating

Chris Patrizio – 13 starts, 242/377 for 3,050 yards – 24 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 98.3 rating.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2021 Season

Chris had brushes with two knee injuries that cost him a few starts and worried many, since his knee reconstruction was only a few years ago. There was no need, as he played well all year in leading the Skins to a divisional title. In the first playoff matchup of our players, his Skins would face Ken Cleghorn's Jets in the Super Bowl! In the end Chris would come out on top, slinging four touchdowns in a 42-21 win and the first Super Bowl title for our players! He was named Super Bowl MVP as well, the first time he has received any awards.

Aaron rebounded from his off year last season and passes for over 3,400 yards this season. He did throw a career high 15 interceptions but he still looks like a great quarterback.

OJ Witt – RB – Retired

OJ became the last of our RBs to call it a career. He was a great player overall, winning an MVP award in 2014 and was a dominant run and catch threat for many years. He ends his career as third in all-time rushing yards.

Ken has demolished rumors that he's starting to slip, having another amazing year this year, and recording a 7th League MVP award, along with Offensive Player of the Year and 1st Team Pro Bowl Quarterback. The piece of hardware that still drives him eluded him however, he took the team's loss in the Super Bowl very hard and has vowed to get back there next year.

Thurman dodged injuries for the second half of the season, but managed to compile a very good year – his best ever in terms of completion percentage. He isn't throwing for miles like Cleghorn but he's getting the job done.

Another Cleghorn 7 MVP? I wonder where he has the space for all this hardware.

Thurman Barrett – 14 starts, 282/449 for 3,065 yards – 20 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 89.3 rating

Ken Cleghorn- 16 starts, 388/508 for 4,436 yards - 26 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 123.2 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 369/611 for 3,419 yards – 16 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, 74.2 rating

Chris Patrizio – 13 starts, 242/377 for 3,050 yards – 24 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 98.3 rating.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #19
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2022 Season

It's the 13th season for our players, they are battle-tested quarterbacks – will one of them take home a championship ring?

After winning the Super Bowl last year, Chris and the Redskins came back to see if they could do it again. Chris had another excellent year, similar to last year, and once again led the Skins into the playoffs. Again he dazzled in the playoffs and took them all the way to the Super Bowl – this time to face Buffalo, with Thurman Barrett at the helm! In a back and forth game, it was tied 24-24, until Buffalo kicked a field goal in the last minute – and that was all she wrote.

Aaron played well at times this year, but struggled overall, finishing with a 66.7 rating, the worst of his career. Accuracy was a problem, as well as interceptions. Some are wondering if this may be the end of his career, but his defenders believe he's got a year or two left in the tank.

Ken had a hell of a season, throwing for near career-high yardage and tossing 41 touchdowns. Unfortunately, unlike all those other years, it wasn't enough to land him his accustomed hardware, as QB Ross Applegate of the Vikings took home the MVP for a really great year. It was very close though, and Ken at least got 2nd Team Pro Bowl Quarterback. Unfortunately all Ken wants is another shot at the Super Bowl, and Buffalo downed his Jets this year in the playoffs.

Thurman played in every game this season, and put up good numbers, though not as many touchdowns as some would have liked. However he did take the Bills to the playoffs, which they had only reached a few times in his career. He seemed to get better and better the farther they got – with two 300+ yard games in the playoffs (none in the regular season.) He took the Bills to the Super Bowl and threw for 358 yards and two touchdowns to win the game and be named Super Bowl MVP!

Another 7 MVP for Ken Cleghorn – I'm not sure how he didn't win another regular MVP with this performance.

Thurman Barrett – 16 starts, 322/525 for 3,597 yards – 17 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 83.8 rating

Ken Cleghorn- 16 starts, 387/581 for 4,558 yards – 41 touchdowns, 16 interceptions, 102.3 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 354/645 for 3,268 yards – 17 touchdowns, 17 interceptions, 66.7 rating

Chris Patrizio – 13 starts, 284/440 for 3,287 yards – 25 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 95.5 rating
Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #20
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2023 Season

Chris suffered two severe injuries this year, one to his knee and one to his ankle, which combined to keep him off the field for most of the season. He has seemingly recovered, but speculation is rampant that this might be his last year in football.

Aaron continued the trend of the last couple of seasons, and definitely didn't look as sharp as he did in previous years. Still he was able to win some games, but many wonder if at this point, the old Aaron Doyle is gone forever.

Ken has been playing really great football for a long time, and this year was no exception, in fact he broke his own yardage record this season! He didn't win the MVP, but did win 2nd Team Pro Bowl Quarterback – but his bigger reward was getting the team to the playoffs. At 10-6 they were hardly favorites, but they blew through opponents to get to the Super Bowl, facing the Panthers. Ken had had great games leading to this, but was pretty quiet in the big game itself, not even throwing a touchdown. But his team rallied with a strong running game and they beat Carolina 27-24. Ken finally had his championship ring!

Thurman was the late bloomer of our players, and still looks great – in fact he had a career year this season, breaking the 4,000 yard mark for the first time. Unfortunately he also threw a career high number of interceptions. Buffalo didn't even make it to the playoffs this year to defend their Super Bowl title.

Another year, another 7 MVP for Cleghorn.

Thurman Barrett – 16 starts, 345/632 for 4,415 yards – 29 touchdowns, 24 interceptions, 76.1 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 407/615 for 4,881 yards – 39 touchdowns, 16 interceptions, 100.6 rating

Aaron Doyle – 16 starts, 322/544 for 3,241 yards – 17 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 75.9 rating

Chris Patrizio – 2 starts, 28/57 for 380 yards – 3 touchdowns, 1 interception, 81.0 rating
Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #21
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2024 season

Our quarterbacks continue to soldier on as grizzled veterans, hoping for a shot at glory.

Chris did not retire, as some expected after his injuries last season, but he did lose the starting job for the Redskins. AJ Hitchcock took over from him last season and remained the starter all year. Chris barely saw the field and threw only a few passes this year.

Aaron remained the starter for the Rams this year, and looked as solid as ever. He just doesn't look or play like a 15 year veteran, and in fact he rebounded a bit this season from fairly poor performances the last few years. The Rams seem to be willing to keep the ball in his hands as long as he remains effective.

Ken continues to be a stud and a surefire future Hall of Famer. This year he threw fewer passes but was just as effective as always, notching himself a 2nd team Pro Bowl Quarterback nod. He did fail to get to the 4,000 mark for the first time in nine years however, though his QB rating was exceptional this season.

Thurman was again an effective quarterback and looks like he hasn't lost much of his talent. He doesn't have the flair of Cleghorn or the reliability of Doyle but he gets the job done. He hyper-extended his knee at the end of the season but fortunately missed only one game.

Yet again, another 7 MVP for Cleghorn.

Thurman Barrett – 15 starts, 289/467 for 3,315 yards – 19 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 84.3 rating

Ken Cleghorn – 16 starts, 353/515 for 3,922 yards – 33 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 104.2 rating

Aaron Doyle – 15 starts, 338/551 for 3,448 yards – 20 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 80.7 rating

Chris Patrizio – 0 starts, 4/10 for 70 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INT, 64.6 rating

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-02-2008 at 11:52 AM.