Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Damn Dog.

We've had this puppy for almost a year now, I'd consider him potty trained but whenever he gets excited or scared he pisses himself. I just walked by him and he literally pissed a six foot long stretch. Errr.

THEN I go to pick him up and he rolls over on his back and starts pissing, so he is drenched in his urine. He just got a bath today too. Errr.

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Sorry BD, but I had to LOL at this. We have 2 dogs, 13 months and 7 months. The older one was very close to being fully potty trained when we brought the younger one home, and of course, he reverted and we've had to work with him some more to get him back to where he was. The younger one is just starting to really be able to control it, give it the sign when he needs to go out, etc. But whenever we come home and let them out of their crates, they are SO excited that as we are walking them toward the front door, they are sprinkling, and the trail continues down the sidewalk to the grass. It's pretty comical some days and just irritating as hell other days.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Potty training is what is keeping me from getting a new puppy. Lots of yuck-work.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

My dog did the excited piss thing for a while. It was pretty cute at first, since he really only did it whenever I came home from work. The best was when he'd get so excited instead of just wagging his tail, he'd wag the entire back-half of his body when he came running up to me leaving a zig-zagged trail of pee in his wake.

After the first few months it got old. I actually started to come in through the backyard so my wife could let him outside to greet me. He eventually broke the habit.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
After the first few months it got old. I actually started to come in through the backyard so my wife could let him outside to greet me. He eventually broke the habit.

I can only hope to have such luck!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I laughed at 3 of the posts in this thread...that may be a record
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I laughed at 3 of the posts in this thread...that may be a record

Don't piss yourself.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #8
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

My dog growing up (Border Collie) was like that, peed herself whenever someone came in the door. She never grew out of it, ever, and lived like 16 years. Of course, the last 2 years she wore a diaper, so clearly the excited-pee part was relatively minor in comparison.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote