Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1968 Draft

So I looked at the game and it seems the draft pool will be revealed on December 18th. Which means that after this season -- it's too late now -- we'll no longer sim to December 1st, but instead to December 18th, so you can use tuesday to wednesday as a chance to put together your draft lists.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
So I looked at the game and it seems the draft pool will be revealed on December 18th. Which means that after this season -- it's too late now -- we'll no longer sim to December 1st, but instead to December 18th, so you can use tuesday to wednesday as a chance to put together your draft lists.

Could just make the draft be revealed 18 days earlier in the config can't you? To just keep it at December 1st? That seemed like a good compromise in regards to free agents out there I had thought.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Could just make the draft be revealed 18 days earlier in the config can't you? To just keep it at December 1st? That seemed like a good compromise in regards to free agents out there I had thought.

No. The earliest the draft can be is March 1st, so it releases the draft class 75 days before. that's the earliest it can do it.

We could just keep the schedule we're executing now, which is, draft list on Wednesday and draft on Thursday, too. It's no big deal. I just was looking and thought folks might prefer it earlier so they had 2 days to set a draft list.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's what the draft list looks like. There is one for each round and it goes far, so I suppose you could pick every conceivable kid for each round. I dunno, never tried it before.

Anyway....you can access it by going to Draft Pool then you'll see "draft lists" just above the list of players. We'll do the draft tomorrow night, along with spring training as usual. As most drafts are won't to do, the talent thins out at the bottom, but...at least you know what's out there.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This draft list really confuses the heck out of me.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've never done it before, so I'm hardly the expert and it seems to be a new feature that's far from perfected. But...it seems the best bet is to let the scouting director do an initial list, copy and paste that list for all of the rounds...to ensure that it basically follows one list.

I don't understand the and/or feature at all. I think the idea is, "I'll take this guy or that guy." But if it's "and" then you want them in that order of availability. But that's just me taking a wild guess. Not a lot of info on the OOTP boards about it, either.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've never done it before, so I'm hardly the expert and it seems to be a new feature that's far from perfected. But...it seems the best bet is to let the scouting director do an initial list, copy and paste that list for all of the rounds...to ensure that it basically follows one list.

I don't understand the and/or feature at all. I think the idea is, "I'll take this guy or that guy." But if it's "and" then you want them in that order of availability. But that's just me taking a wild guess. Not a lot of info on the OOTP boards about it, either.

That was my assumption too.. but then I couldn't figure out why I would need 60+ and/or guys for my first round of the draft in a small league!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
That was my assumption too.. but then I couldn't figure out why I would need 60+ and/or guys for my first round of the draft in a small league!

Probably because there are so many combinations of who may/may not be available? I dunno either.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I believe it is just that many for bigger leagues as a MLB league I am in has the same amount. Here is the manual page on using draft lists.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Probably because there are so many combinations of who may/may not be available? I dunno either.

I guess the more I have thought about it, the more I could see something like this needed for say round 30.. Since by that point in a draft list there could be hundreds or thousands of possibilities of which players may still be around...

But anyone willing to do 30 rounds of a draft list for an OOTP draft is borderline crazy.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
I believe it is just that many for bigger leagues as a MLB league I am in has the same amount. Here is the manual page on using draft lists.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
muns
Pro Starter

I tell you what I just set my list for my top 52 guys and im not doing anymore. After I go down and click on a player then click off of him the game makes me scroll back down to where I already was........ which is so damn annoying. i just cant do it anymore. So hopefully my scout does a decent job after #52

Last edited by muns : 07-23-2008 at 10:44 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I tell you what I just set my list for my top 52 guys and im not doing anymore. After I go down and click on a player then click off of him the game makes me scroll back down to where I already was........ which is so damn annoying. i just cant do it anymore. So hopefully my scout does a decent job after #52

THe talent pretty much drops off a bit after that anyways.. so the difference in between what you pick and what you get is pretty small anyhows.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #14
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Unless I missed it could you post the draft order or positioning for those with identical records so know if I pick 4th or 5th. Thanks!
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

I've got a couple questions about the draft:

Is that graphic posted by Dark Cloud from our league, because I am not seeing those players.

Do we have to do a draft list? If not what happens?

Is there anything else I need to know about the draft?
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoose12 View Post
I've got a couple questions about the draft:

Is that graphic posted by Dark Cloud from our league, because I am not seeing those players.

Do we have to do a draft list? If not what happens?

Is there anything else I need to know about the draft?

I'm not dure if his picture is from our league or some other league. It could very well just be a picture he found of it from elsewhere, but the draft list looks the same regardless of the league.

You do not have to use a draft list. If you do not use one, your Scout makes the choices for you