Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

VL Auction System? Maybe?

The idea here is...the purpose of the VL wasn't to have good players sitting until they were 30 and no longer of real use to us. I extended FA there from 2 years to 4 years to prevent a flood them from coming in, but...ultimately, it's going to result in more and more of them being older when they get to our league.

That might be a good thing from a talent normalization standpoint.

But that said, I was wondering...what the receptiveness to a public auction system would be for players in the VL who are 25 or older.

Essentially there would be a time, say Saturday to Monday where a bid could be placed publicly for a VL player. There would be a reserve price on said players, so you couldn't just bid a dollar. Then, the team that bids the highest, gets that player for a 1-year deal at the rate they bid on them.

Why? Well, mostly because it could help teams that are sitting on cash and with no real room to move, due to lack of a trade market or FAs currently a chance to get active and to improve their chances. Contending teams would be able to participate too and try to put themselves over the top.

Would make stay under the cap even more interesting.

It'd be all public, so no dealing with OOTP's system or any zanyness.

Just an idea...debate away.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

:thumbs down:

I actually am liking how things are currently and am just starting to feel like I am getting a grasp on what to expect from the players in this league. I don't think it is broken as is so no huge need to change it.

Plus I'd rather keep any bidding on players done through game instead so it doesn't end up like what happens in fantasy sports leagues that uses this type of public bid auction where everything is sniped at the last second. It seems a little too much.. for what is otherwise a fairly laid back league.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
It seems a little too much.. for what is otherwise a fairly laid back league.

This is a point worth saving.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I say thumbs down here as well. Pretty much for the same reason that Alan stated. I am at a point where I am pretty happy with were we are at in this league, they have been stable and unchanging for a few seasons now, and throwing another monkey in the wrench just doesn't sound fun right now.

We are at a point that those first several years I was starting to hope for, a normal routine that isn't changing every year. I want a nice 10 year stretch with this and see how things progress from here with older/original guys retiring.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ditto. Interesting idea, but I think we should continue to explore the current dynamic for a bit.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote