Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

FOOL Board of Directors Information & Nominations

The FOOL Board of Directors will be a committee of four members. It'll be 3 owners and the CEO.

The BoD duties will be to help govern the league, arbitrate disputes, evaluate and propose new rules for vote and "other duties as delegated to the commissioner."

The role of each of the members will be as follows:

Chief Executive Officer
Quote:
1. Run league files
2. Elected by a vote of the members at-large (owners) of FOOL every four seasons.
3. When owning a team in the league, is a voting member of the BoD for arbitration and rules disputes, when not an owning member, serves as independent arbitrator for the league.
4. Recommends rules modifications to the BoD for discussion amongst the league.
5. Other duties as delegated by the BoD.

Board of Directors
Quote:
1. Approve rules modifications, upon the recommendation of the league owners.
2. Submit rules proposals for vote, based on owner feedback.
3. Arbitrate rules disputes amongst owners.
4. Elected by the members at-large (owners) of FOOL
5. May conduct a vote of no-confidence on the CEO (2/3rd needed), triggering an immediate vote of the members at-large to replace the CEO.
6. Each league must have at least one member on the BoD, one owner may be from either league.
7. Elected every four seasons.

I've decided to decentralize power in the league, as I think we're at that point and after considering our options, think this is a good solution for doing so. It'll be the last fiat act I conduct and of course, once we enact these rules, the powers, etc., can be altered via procedures as listed above.

We need an RL rep, a CL rep and one at-large rep. We can do the nominations and voting in here and of course, discuss the "vision" folks see for these positions.

I think as we go forward, it'll be, the ultimate step to quelling a lot of the rancor and to make things ultimately more enjoyable. And given how much fun this has been for going on 13 seasons, that's a pretty remarkable thing to say.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-25-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

All positions, including the CEO require nominations. Just to clarify. Would go into effect this season unless it takes longer to get it together, in which case, we'd start as soon as next season.

And yes, I was being funny with the names. CEO is way cooler than Commissioner. Even if it's not me...

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-25-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If a BoD is involved in a dispute, obviously said individual would recuse themselves from that discussion, etc., if it's more than one owner, well, we're all grown ups here. And consider that, this league isn't THAT dramatic as compared to some...and given how fast everything goes, everyone handles stuff in great stride. So it's not as if we've got a lot to worry about. But at least this is a more inclusive way to go about it all.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

If this is going to be done, my choices are pretty clear to me...

CEO: DC

RL: Chief Rum
CL: Alan

At-large: muns

Done. And all the silent guys just PMed me and agreed.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
If this is going to be done, my choices are pretty clear to me...

CEO: DC

RL: Chief Rum
CL: Alan

At-large: muns

Done. And all the silent guys just PMed me and agreed.

I would do it if people wanted me to do it, but I think it would be healthier for the league if the CL representative is someone else as my team right now is a pretty visible team that me holding this position would be a bit too much power for me all things considered.

I don't have any issues with any other owner in this league, so if any of the CL owners would like to do it, they would have my full support and I would be happy to nominate them.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

No offense Alan, but if no one is going to trust anyone else in this league then lets squash this whole thing right now. I could care less about who's team is doing what. I am basing this on guys who seems to be vocal about how they think things should be done and/or handled.

We all know you are a cheater already anyways.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
No offense Alan, but if no one is going to trust anyone else in this league then lets squash this whole thing right now. I could care less about who's team is doing what. I am basing this on guys who seems to be vocal about how they think things should be done and/or handled.

We all know you are a cheater already anyways.

I was hoping that I had everyone fooled!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

You guys make me laugh and have great heads on your shoulders. Seems like 2 perfect guys for the job IMO
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Board of Directors ballot - Front Office Football Central