Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

The Baltimore Terrapins/Gothams have a TON of leadoff hitters. Are you looking for an offensive catalyst? I have plety of guys with 80+ contact (actual and potential) and 90+ speed ready to move. Look me up if interested!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

Last edited by ekcut : 09-27-2008 at 02:24 AM.
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
muns
Pro Starter

Hartford Block

Guys that can be traded, that doesnt mean im pushing them out the door.

MLB team

SP-Floyd Yarbrough
MR-Cory Templeton
C-Devin Johnson
SS-Freddy Gutierrez
LF-George Baker
RF-Hism-Ping-Lan

AAA- AA.

Just look I have about 15-20 that can START RIGHT NOW for most teams especially in the OF.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Anthony
Banned

1B Jason Curtis of Long Island is avalaiable, looking for a MR who can play now or catcher prospect,
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

22 year old LF Alonso Samaripa is available for trade. I'm looking for prospects at pretty much every position.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
kaosfere
College Prospect

My whole roster, with the exception of my SPs, is pretty much available. I'm not going for quite the fire sale I was feeling like last night, but I'm still willing to listen to offers on the bulk of my staff.

Amongst the guys I'd be willing to move:

MR Logan Finley: (5/5) 23 year old 5 star reliever. This guy is still arbitration eligable, and should be huge for a long time to come.
MR Anthony Zijm: (4.5/4.5) At 35 he's old, but he's been the core of my relief force, along with Finley, and he's only beginning to show signs of slowing down. Contracted through '78, but is already willing to talk about deals for the future at ~4 million/yr.
3B Arthur Summers: (4.5/4.5) Just got him. Willing to let him go if necessary.
1B Abraham Lujan: (4.5/4.5) 26 years old. 172.3 combined VORP in his 4 years in the league. Contracted though 1980. Not just a first baseman. Gold glove potential at there and 3B, green at 2B and SS, too.
MR Brian Taylor: (3.5/3.5) Hotted up big this year with a 2.26 ERA in relief. Aging, but contracted for only $1,000,000/yr through '79 with a team option that year.

That's just the top of my roster. The rest is open, as are my minors. If you see anything you like, let me know.

I want pitching, pitching, pitching. I'd be willing to make a big, big deal for an ace SP, or very promising prospects.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186

Last edited by kaosfere : 09-27-2008 at 01:45 PM.
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:16 AM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Edgardo Reyes is again and still available, but with a change that makes his move more possible.

Yes, he still has the big contract next year ($14 M). But now I can lighten the cap hit by sending money along with him. See the "Trading Cash Primer" thread, particularly the first post by DC for details.

So if you want one of the league's best leadoff hitters, and at a cap friendly(-er) price, send me a PM. I have guys ready to step in, so it's better for me to move him at this point.

And, yes, even Alan is allowed to try to deal for him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Reyes is now gone, released from the team. I wish him well in his next endeavours.

There is a new name on my block...

SP Doyle Adams

Adams is one of the more underrated terrific pitchers in the league. I like him, but I need a nice infield power bat who can hit lefties. If you have one to spare, I would likely be willing to move Adams for that bat, and maybe either a lesser replacement pitcher or an undeveloped pitching prospect.

I work both jobs Monday and Wednesday this week, so apologies in advance for what will probably be sporadic contact from me early on.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
Tasan
College Starter

SS Alex Garcia can be had for a middle to back of the rotation guy, or some relief. Let me know if you're interested, a good young SS will probably go fast.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #9
Ramzavail
College Starter

I think the Fathers need to make some trades, see me in the chat.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Valdosta's block:

1B Yang-cheng Yang
2B Gary O'Healy
SS Darrell Parks (AAA)
RF Dave Taylor (AAA)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #11
Ramzavail
College Starter

the Fathers need SPs, all hands on deck except Bobby "Hey Bobby!" Barrett
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #12
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

3B Ignasio Costa is available.

He is just coming off his rookie season and he ratings are now 88 contact, 91 power.

I'm looking for a SP.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 09-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #13
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Baltimore has blocked 1B Riley Hollis.

He is available for some bullpen help.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 09-29-2008, 11:29 PM   #14
kaosfere
College Prospect

If anybody wants 2B Elmer Meyer, let me know. Consider him "actively shopped".
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #15
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Columbus is putting 1B Holden Matthews on the block. Matthews is an excellent player in his prime, but I need to move his salary, and he is eligible for me to contribute 40%, which lowers his salary to 6.6 million per year through 1980. Matthews had a down year last season, batting only .302 with 12 HR's.

I'm looking for pitching prospects, ML-ready 1B or 3B, or C prospects.

CF Cory Wagner is also available, a young power CF with good defense.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm removing my old trade block and posting a new one. I'm probably going to be taking less interest in this team at least for a bit. While I decide whether or not I'm going to move on or not, I'm going to gear up this team so whomever might take it over will be in a good situation to.

Since everyone in the league wants pitching, I'm going to be moving all of my pitching. Its been good enough to get to the playoffs almost every year, so there shouldn't be a team who couldn't use them somehow or another.

The only pitcher who I won't trade is Carlos Gonzales only because after his history in the league, he should retire with Valdosta.

Everyone wants pitching, so here is a chance to get pitching, exceptional pitchers. What I want back is good pitching prospects or exceptional hitting prospects. As 1B and Outfielders are a dime a dozen, not really interested in any of them unless they truly are of exceptional quality. I'm not looking for 27+ year olds, since that won't help any future Valdosta manager at all. Primarily looking for 23-25 year old superstar quality of player.

On the block:

Charles Wilson
Whit O'Neal
Brendon Hutchensson
Joel Garner
Alonso Hernandez

This is not a fire sale, they aren't going to go to the best offer available. I'm also not going to really be active in going out to try to get deals, so if you are interested in superstar pitching, you need to contact me.

Sorry if I am coming across as crass.. I'm tired of constantly going out and researching everyone's teams, offering trades only to have PMs ignored or not responded to. So if you want pitching, you can come to me.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #17
TimGuru
High School Varsity

NY Highlanders block:

Gustavo Bettencourt: 30 yo, 1 year left on his deal, 75/70/68, can probably help someone as a 5th starter and can be had for a realistic price, I would easily take on a offensive player salary similar to his plus a good prospect, or something like that

Ezekila Pila can't run, will hit a lot. 93 power isn't so widely available in this league, there are fewer than a dozen players with that power and a contact the same or higher than his, that I will trade him cheap just because he plays 1B. I need upgrades at 3B, 1 OF spot and MR.

Todd Conway the only thing he CAN'T do is run. Superb glove with great contact and power and a super high ceiling. Hit over 300 as a rookie. If I get a knock me down offer for him before I deal Pila, I will consider it.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'd love to trade SP Harry Mason or SP Sam Godbout for a bat. Get in touch.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-01-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #19
Tasan
College Starter

Lefty RP Javier Dominguez is available. I'm looking for help at 3rd and/or to fill out my minors with a little talent.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #20
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I am looking for a staff "ACE" and am willing to pay for it.

CF Domingo Sanchez is being offered up. I also have tons of young major league talent that be added to sweeten any deal for the right hurler.
  • 1977 #3 ranked prospect, 24yrs old
  • Major League ready
  • making $630,000, only 1 year of ML time served
  • 80 con, 89 pow (actual, not potentials which are higher)
  • 100 def, 93sp, 100steal
  • Last season contact went up 11, power 7 and eye 5, so he is still developing.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

Last edited by ekcut : 10-02-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:25 AM   #21
Tasan
College Starter

SP Ite Beens is now available. I've offered him an extension he'll probably sign during the season. Its almost exactly the money he's getting now, over another 3 seasons. I'm looking for at least a young starter thats not near ready yet.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #22
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Got and need more SP depth? I'll give you two strong #2s for that #1. I have four of them. Contact me at [email protected] if interested.

P.S. Not a real email; just PM me.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #23
muns
Pro Starter

Just so Everyone knows depending on what happens with the Classic I will have some really good guys on the block.... Either way there will be at least 1 big time named guy but possibly 2-4....

Im hitting my Money Crunch and I cant keep everybody.... so moves have to be made.... Most likely ill be doing deals for Spects.....

So keep that in mind when starting to look for deals.... I cant say which way I want to go yet, the classic is going to tell me that... Just wanted to give everyone a heads up....

Chief we are also going to have to talk

Last edited by muns : 10-04-2008 at 09:59 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #24
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Just so Everyone knows depending on what happens with the Classic I will have some really good guys on the block.... Either way there will be at least 1 big time named guy but possibly 2-4....

Im hitting my Money Crunch and I cant keep everybody.... so moves have to be made.... Most likely ill be doing deals for Spects.....

So keep that in mind when starting to look for deals.... I cant say which way I want to go yet, the classic is going to tell me that... Just wanted to give everyone a heads up....

Chief we are also going to have to talk

Lemme know.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #25
Tasan
College Starter

SP Beens signed the extension, and he's now available with another 3 years to go. Looking for spects as my cap is tight. PM me.