Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

1982 Block

Figured I would start the new trade block.

And it's a big one. Atlanta is looking to make some huge changes.

Big time players available:

CL Dennis Marnane
1B Eric Cherry
RF John Hunt

Others available:

SP Lucero Enriquez
SP Shinzo Ueno
CF Elvis Malone

I am looking for any starting IF position except 1B, especially 2B. And, as usual, I will discuss moving multiple players above, and other assets for an ace pitcher. When I mean "young starting", I mean solid looking players, but they don't have to be your starters. They can be guys that are trapped in AAA, or guys who are close to being ready, too.

As usual, my preference on hitters is a strong CON, at least a good GAP or POW (preferably both), and at least a decent EYE. Defense, speed and K are marginal. For pitchers, I value STF and CON more highly than MVM, but would like all three to be as high as possible.

PM me if you're interested.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 10-27-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
muns
Pro Starter

Hartford has a few guys that can go. Im not gonna deal all of em, but with the way the market is, i doubt ill deal any of em, but alas here they are. Im looking to get a lil younger. Others can be had at AAA, but im not listing the whole team.

Sp/MR- Allen Miller (AAA)

Last edited by muns : 10-28-2008 at 10:36 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
allpro10050
Mascot

Ann Arbor Block
RF Dave Hunter
3B Marcos Montoya
SS Michael Cole
3B Kristopher Shaffer
LF Norm Hunter
1B Michael Welsh
SP Harry Mason

looking for prospects especially of the Starting Pitching variety.
allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
Tasan
College Starter

Colorado still has two more guys to move.

CL Dan Brewer, #8 all time in saves, needs a new home. Very talented and still blowing away guys, he's held up his sub 3 era even after my stadium renovations. Had an eye popping 12k/9 rate this year.

MR Sylvain Beauchamp would probably be my closer if I didn't have Brewer. He's a flame thrower who, even with having a hiccup of a season this year, still had almost 10 k/9 rate and in 1980 had a sub 2.00 era.

I'm looking for young arms in the pen. They can be almost ready or still a ways off.

Last edited by Tasan : 10-25-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Topping the New York block is

C Alan Mitchell, AAA needed the year at AAA to get his act together, looks ready to start at the ML level in 82. Can be had for bullpen or position help (even OF)
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Brooklyn Block:

SP Gabriel Riggs - 2.5 stars (73/68/85) - 660K salary in 82

Looking for OF starters.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
Tasan
College Starter

SP Paul Wilson and everyone on offense except CF Paul Morris are also available from Colorado.

SP Wilson is a good pitcher, and will hit the FA market this week. I can attempt to resign him for you now around 4 mil per season guaranteeing him being on your team instead of having to outbid someone. Any trade would be null and void if the resign doesn't work.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
Tasan
College Starter

I've also got something unique to offer. I'll take on a nasty, currently uncutable contract in exchange for a good prospect. I'm going to have some cap space for a few seasons, more than likely, and could provide some relief to a team with a bad contract.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Hey everyone.

I'm at the point this year where, I've held on to some of the same guys for a long time. We're doing ok but not great, and I think I'm ready to make some big moves. I've got some really good talent and I'm willing to offer it up, but I'm looking for good players in return, so if you're interested, let me know!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #10
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Hey everyone.

I'm at the point this year where, I've held on to some of the same guys for a long time. We're doing ok but not great, and I think I'm ready to make some big moves. I've got some really good talent and I'm willing to offer it up, but I'm looking for good players in return, so if you're interested, let me know!

Could you clarify? Are you looking to get younger and want prospect, or do you want guys ready right now to get you over the top and contend?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Could you clarify? Are you looking to get younger and want prospect, or do you want guys ready right now to get you over the top and contend?

Good question, I'm rebuilding. I am looking for younger players. I'd be willing to take prospects but I'm also looking for guys who have started to prove themselves in the majors already. I am not looking to/expecting to contend this year and would be willing to get rid of my more experienced players first.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have edited my post above (first post) to reflect the bevy of trades I just made. I still have some good talent available, so please PM me if interested.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:14 AM   #13
kaosfere
College Prospect

Got cap room to spare and looking for some pop?

I'm willing to let go of this year's MVP Charlie Wilson for the right offer. This would have to include some inexpensive, young, very solid talent. He's far from someone I'm dying to get rid of, but I figured I'd throw him out there in case anyone wants to catch my eye.

I also have the following guys available:

2B Walter Reed - all-around infielder, had a bad year, but plays for cheap
SP Ken Gardner - suffers from bad stuff, but is only 21
MR Pedro Nuñes - Deserves a bullpen role, stuck in AAA
CL Iván Guzmán - Same as Nuñes. Still very young.
SS Pedro Villaneuva - Risen rapidly through my farm system
RF Akihiro Shimizu - Hasn't gotten it together for me. Maybe he can for you.

I'm looking for a catcher or non-1B infielder who's either ready to start today, or one season away, but I'll consider any fair offer.

The rest of my starting lineup is available, but I'd be mostly looking to replace with a slightly less talented player for less money. If you're looking for an incremental upgrade, we can talk.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

RF Mac Rasmussen is still very productive and can be a good VORP guy for you. Only has one guaranteed year left. (Last year is a player option) I don't have to move him, as keeping him around probably puts 5-7 wins extra in the win column, but if I can get something for him, I'd like to do it and he's a veteran and we're not going to be competing next year, so it'd be good to get him someplace where he can.

Won't take much to pry him, as I know his contract is stiff.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #15
TimGuru
High School Varsity

UPDATE to PANTHERS block:

Demesu Berui is available for an insane, blow me away offer. He has 2 arbitration seasons left, so you can get him for short money for 82 and 83. Of course, that means I can keep him for short money for 82 an d83, so I mean it when I say, insane offer.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #16
Tasan
College Starter

Update on Colorado

We just acquired a pitcher we really like and will pitch well for us. That being said, he probably won't be around for the Ranchero Revolution currently planned for somewhere around 1985, so I'd like to move him. Curt Vallis is a former VL pitcher who has actually lived up to his ratings so far. I'd like to get some young relievers to go in my minors, they could be a few seasons away.

I also have relievers Dan Brewer and Sylvian Beauchamp available. They are very good to excellent relievers perfect for setup and closing duties. I'm not asking a ton for either.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
muns
Pro Starter

One more guy can go from Hatford and he is just sitting in AAA.

Allen Miller.... Can be used for SP or MR..... not looking for a whole lot as he is just wasting away with me. PM me

Last edited by muns : 10-28-2008 at 10:37 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #18
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

SP Gabriel Riggs must be moved he is still a good pitcher and is really cheap at $660K this year then is currently asking for a 3 year $1.73 per year extension. Prefer a Minor League OF but willing to accept almost anyone that has a MLC.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #19
kaosfere
College Prospect

Toronto is looking to hire a decent hitting middle infielder or third baseman. Good glove skills are not necessary. I have a few prospects in my AA roster I'd be willing to shift for the right young fielder. Have a look, and let me know if you have someone you'd be willing to let go of.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote