Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League) > FOOL Trade Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Colorado/Atlanta (1987)

To Atlanta

2B Errol Ostrom
3B Sam Dawson
MR Yoshinobu Masanobu (AAA)

To Colorado

2B Jorge Tejada
RF Lorenzo Perez (AAA)
MR Jim Oulton (AAA)
2B Danny Reed (AAA)
CL Armando Garcia (AA)
RF Mike Beach (A)
SP Greg Conway (S A)

Tasan to confirm.

Man, this might help me take one last stab at this thing. Or it could sink me for a long while. Beach and Conway, in particular, are two guys I was counting on to get me through rough times, and now they won't be available when I get there.

It was a hard negotiation, took three or four days. I think both Tasan and I each had two occasions where we were ready to step away and not do it.

One thing for sure; I have a healthy respect for the sort of detail Tasan goes into with his players and for driving a hard bargain. He knows what he wants, and he doesn't compromise without good reason.

Good luck, Tasan, and I hope we will meet again in the FOOL Classic.

P.S. We did so many iterations of potential deals, Tasan, please check above to be sure this is the final deal. Pretty sure it is, but no harm having a second pair of eyes on it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-11-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Tasan
College Starter

Confirmed.

Yeah that's it, except 3B Dawson is Sam Dawson, so Alan doesn't go crazy looking for a James.

Yep, this was a tough one. My biggest fear is that Dawson will come back to haunt me. I didn't really want to let Masanobu get away either, but Conway is going to help in about 3 seasons, maybe earlier. Good luck, Chief. Maybe Dawson will get a chance to smash one against us at the end of the season ;- )
Old 12-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Confirmed.

Yeah that's it, except 3B Dawson is Sam Dawson, so Alan doesn't go crazy looking for a James.

Yep, this was a tough one. My biggest fear is that Dawson will come back to haunt me. I didn't really want to let Masanobu get away either, but Conway is going to help in about 3 seasons, maybe earlier. Good luck, Chief. Maybe Dawson will get a chance to smash one against us at the end of the season ;- )

lol...you're right, it is Sam Dawson, lol. Sorry Sam!

I understand completely on Dawson. He is a welcome power source. Like I said in our PMs, though, it was going to be next to impossible for you to bring him back in two years unless you chose to keep him over some of the even better players on your squad. So it's either trade him now for something, trade him for less next year, or lose him for nothing in two years.

If it makes you feel any better, Beach may--no, probably will--haunt me. You have no idea how long I waited to get a player with potential ratings like that. And how many offers I have turned down to move him. I think if I didn't have Javier Uribe, there would have been no chance in heck that I would have moved Beach.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I edited above so it shows Sam Dawson now.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
Tasan
College Starter

I DFA'ed the players from my team so I wouldn't forget and try to use them in spring training.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Trade completed

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote