Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

1989 Block

Just to get a head start on this.

SP William Pennington is being a jerk about signing a big contract to be our #2 starter, having a very average year, then whining about how we didn't win enough after throwing that much money at him. If you're interested, I could use some decent prospects.

Anyone else on my roster 25 or older is fair game. We need prospects to fill in AAA and AA to get us ready to compete in two seasons or so. We're just missing too many pieces at the moment and our upper minor leagues are pretty bare.

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
allpro10050
Mascot

C Kwang-Ho Park
1B Javier Rodriguez
1B Antasio Castaneda
SS Miguel Olivia
LF Jorge Olivas
OF Woody Pearson
OF Albert Morales
allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Atlanta...

Available

SP Tu-Fu Qian
SP Ron Clarke
SP Demesu Berui
SP Ed Duffy
SP Craig McNiel (AAA)
CL John Martland
1B David Gonzalez
1B James Peterson (AAA)
3B Teobaldo Cutileiro
LF Glen McKay
CF Jose Gonzalez
CF Tomoaki Fukuda (AAA)
RF Luis Gonzalez (AAA)

Most of these guys can be had for about face value or even less, and are being offered up because they are unlikely to get playing time behind other players, or I believe I can replace their production somewhere else for a little cheaper.

I am not inclined to move Qian, Martland, Cutileiro or Jose Gonzalez unless the deal makes some sense for me. Qian is an elite pitcher, but I believe I can make do with the salary cap space he would free up. Next year is his walk year. I would want a young SP prospect at least in return to attempt to develop for him. Martland is young (26) and pretty fantastic, but I offer him up simply because I don't like to pay $4 M per year for a closer. If you have room, though, he's one of the best young closers in the league. Cutileiro just had his most incredible season and is extremely well priced and versatile. If you can help me with some areas of need for my team, I am willing to move him, as I can start Dawson at 3B. Gonzalez was more available when he had a huge contract. He re-upped for fairly cheap and had a great bounce back season. Even so, I can still consider moving him because I have OF prospects on the way, and because of his age (34). So if you're interested in these four players, I will certainly talk about them, but be prepared that I may ask for a fairly decent return on them.

The others aren't likely to be too much to get, although I am not giving them away. The AAA guys are more marginal, but I believe all of the players on the list above can be useful players to solid starters on many teams in the league.

Prospects, young players, cheaper options, that's what I am looking for, or vets that fill glaring holes, like catcher and infielders who are good against lefthanders, particularly at SS and 2B. In the market for an elite SP myself, so if you have one, I may be interested. And I always like cheap, quality pen depth.

PM me if interested.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

SP Skip Adams. Potential staff ace, like Pennington upset that the team had a bad year. Should have looked closer at my messages, I might have been doing a bigger bundle deal. Won't go cheap, looking for multiple 4 and 5 star prospects for him.

1B Carlos Trujillo. Also annoyed at the year we just had. Not as expensive as Adams, still want at least one good prospect in return.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

Sorry guys again due to basketball my schedule has been a pain.

I basically have the farm on the block here, and I only have a few hours. Huge names here. I cant do back and forth PM'S due to my time crunch, so if you want one give me a good offer. Im not just accepting any offer, they have to be ones that id normally consider, otherwise ill just let em walk while im away for Christmas.

SP- Nick Johnson
MR-Roberto Ramos
C-Andy Eaton
1b-Zhao
LF-Holcombe
LF-Cervantes

PS- You can get other guys too, these were just the Big time names.
Im trying to hold onto most of my starters just they can either finish as a Pooner, or they are still young, however if a good offer comes up, you know ill consider it.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote