Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2003, 08:07 PM   #1
Vince
Pro Starter

Virtual NCAA - TDCB On-Line League

I know that at least a few of you (Myles, Chief Rum and others) are in this league with me, but for those who aren't and have TDCB, you might want to check this out.

Virtual NCAA's website just went up, and I must say it looks fantastic. The next few days, when we actually get started, will tell a lot about how many people are really into it...there are over 150 people currently signed up. But with 300+ teams, there's still lots of room.

I'm not normally one to shamelessly recruit like this, but I'm really excited about the league, and the website, like I said, looks absolutely fabulous. For those that aren't sure if they want to, or think that it won't work, I'd say take a look at the site...the guy running it is making a real effort to make it work, and like I said, I'm very optimistic about the league's potential.

Virtual NCAA Website
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:24 PM   #2
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Is there a list of available teams? Thanks
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

How's the online play for TDCB working out? I've been playing the game a little bit off and on, I might be interested in trying that out. Just curious if it's working pretty well, I haven't checked on it.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:35 PM   #4
Vince
Pro Starter

From what I've heard it's going well...the website just opened, we haven't started simming or anything yet. INDalltheway, the available team list was at dynamosity.com, but I'm not sure whether or not it's still there.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #5
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

How do you turn off the music so I can browse in peace?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:53 PM   #6
rexalllsc
Banned

I actually joined that league a few months ago...but dropped out when the game wasn't read to handle multi-player...however, I'm going to watch it and see how it goes...make sure you post updates.
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:57 PM   #7
Havok
College Starter

this looks pretty cool and i hope it works out for ya.

But i cant possibly imagine how your gonna successfully run a league with 320 people. Hell its not easy to run a OOTP league with 30 owners.

i think your getting in way over your head

good luck!
Old 03-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #8
Vince
Pro Starter

Hey, it's not me running it, I'm just in the league. I couldn't dream of trying to run it.

Marmel - I agree, the music is annoying and obnoxious. But hey...all you gotta do is hit 'stop' once the page loads and you're good to go.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:29 PM   #9
Havok
College Starter

ohh sorry
i thought you were the guy running it. I dont envie that job at all.
If this league lasts a couple seasons ill sign up.

But like i said before... i have my doubts
Old 03-25-2003, 10:41 PM   #10
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't have the money to buy the game.. I downloaded a copy of it, to see how it works. I'm impressed. However, I can't update it, since it's a cracked version or something. So I'm stuck with v1.21 until I buy it.. which I don't know when I'll do, seeing as how I pre-ordered Zelda: Wind Waker... :P
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:44 PM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm already in. Guess I need to check my e-mail to see if I have anything about the site being up. Thanks for the notice...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:24 AM   #12
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeVic
I don't have the money to buy the game.. I downloaded a copy of it, to see how it works. I'm impressed. However, I can't update it, since it's a cracked version or something. So I'm stuck with v1.21 until I buy it.. which I don't know when I'll do, seeing as how I pre-ordered Zelda: Wind Waker... :P

Come on a cracked version, what are you taking $$ away from developers who aren't making any kinda killing and making the games that we like and who actually "listen" to their customers. Either delete it or buy it.

Now EASports is another story.......
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 08:40 AM   #13
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am Miss St in that league
Old 03-26-2003, 09:19 AM   #14
Arles
Grey Dog Software

MikeVic,

My guess is that you had a copy of the demo, which has been updated on the website. Could you play more than one season with the "cracked" version?

Arlie
Old 03-26-2003, 10:57 PM   #15
tucker342
Pro Starter

ya thanks for the heads up. Boston College, future NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote