Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

2009 Trade Block

I'm looking to trade 1B Daniel Bedard and 2B Emil Glas. I'm looking for pre-arbitration major leaguers/prospects in return. Both of these guys have two arbitration years left so they are cheap. If you are hoping to extend them, they are currently asking for $5.5 million a year. I'll be sending pm's out to specific owners but I wanted to post this here just in case. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
Compton

buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Available SPs...

Marcel MacDonald
Drake Davis

They are both proven, very good pitchers. Check them out and make me an offer if interested. I am probably only going to move one.

In return, I would like a good, young ready for the bigs major leaguer or a cheap holdover for a year (obviously, the good, young reliever will get more consideration than the veteran holdover).

Other than that, I could use a really good, young catcher, and would look hard at a good, young OF. I'll consider prospects, too, of course.

I will also still consider moving 1B Leonard Cunningham. Surprised no one bit last year. Very good player.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
muns
Pro Starter

Anyone on my pitching staff from the bigs can go. I have 1 stud in SP Martinez and Welsh and George could be usueful to other teams.

Basically anyone can go from my big league roster so let me know if anyone has any interest
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Since I'm getting some pings, here's what I might consider trading.

I'm happy with the core of my team, and with guys coming up through the minors. I believe I am well set to take second in the RL for years to come, but I do have a couple of places I'd like to improve that none of you are releasing FAs for me to grab to fill:

I could really use a Catcher. I've got a guy who is probably a better backup starting, and I've got a youngster in AAA who might step in in a couple of seasons, but I'm not sure here. I wouldn't mind a veteran with a decent bat and decent defense who could start.

I could use another Outfielder. DC's protestations to the contrary, Alex Heath absolutely does not want to hit at the majors, and I really only have two bats in the OF I'm happy with: Moore and Hebert. This group aged on me and I have been unable to replace them as my minors group has developed slowly (hurry up, Gil Tabor, make your move!).

I can always use pitching, if anyone has arms they want to part with. I've got some underachievers on the mound, but also some overachievers, so I'm willing to run with what I've got. But if you want to offer an upgrade for some prospects, I'm willing to listen.

What I'd be willing to give up:

Pretty much anyone in A ball without blinking an eye, if I'm getting value back. We can talk about other propsects. If anyone thinks they can make something of Heath (he sure ought to be able to hit homers, but he prefers to whiff instead when swings for the fences) I could include him. Some of my backup pieces in the lineup, like SS Grady, maybe 1B O'Donnell.

2B Fournier may have some decent value. With guys like Bonilla and Parker, he's kind of a third wheel in the middle infield. I like having him around, but could be talked into parting with him.

P Rod 'Electric' Davis never seemed to do well here in Boston. If you think he could add something for you, we can talk.

CF Galland can hit decently and play pretty much anywhere, so he's a useful utility piece for me, but I don't really have a starting spot for him. However, he becomes more valuable to me if I move other lineup pieces. I'm not sold on letting him go.

Guys You are Not Prying Away:

Maybe this shorter list is easier. SP Aguilar is retiring in Boston. Barring some shifts in my situation (like some of you actually letting decent FAs onto the market for me to spend money on), I can pay him $5mil to do nothing if needed. Assuming he stays reasonable on demands, I'm keeping him.

OF Moore and Hebert. I'm looking to add a bat here, not get rid of one.

3B Santos. Like Aguilar, I'm hoping he retires in Boston. He's like Rickey Henderson, except that he can actually hit AND run at 40. He's worth the money to me just to follow how he finishes his career.

1B Murray, 2B Bonilla, 2B Parker, 3B McFarland. Key defensive and offensive contributors to my lineup.

P Rivera, Torres, Walker, Cleveland, Zhao. Expected to anchor my staff for the next several seasons.

For the right value, I'd consider moving anyone else on the roster.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Tasan
College Starter

I have a couple of young, cheap 1Bs that you'll find on the ML roster right now, and one of them needs a home. I'd prefer to hang onto Juan, but I'm in no way absolutely attached. I'm also not looking for much. Maybe a middle IF or backend relief, or maybe an OF that can hit lefties real well. I also have a couple of young relievers, and maybe a starter or two that might be able to go. Don't be afraid to ask, I'm not very attached to anyone right now besides a couple of big, obvious guys, and even those might be had in the right deal.