Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Fantasy Football on Yahoo!

You're all invited to join the league I've set up. It's default settings with 2 injured reserve spots and 7 Bench spots, 14 teams, 2 divisions, and 6 playoff teams. Please only join if you can commit to staying active the entire season. Your friends and family are welcome if you expect them to be active. Also, I'd like to make this a keeper league if we can get a good group of committed owners together.

Click Join Custom
League ID: 149616
Password: nfl

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 06-23-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Tasan
College Starter

I'm in for it. Love fantasy football, I hope we can get some active players to make this a keeper.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I signed up as the rebels so you'd know it's me.
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
I'm in for it. Love fantasy football, I hope we can get some active players to make this a keeper.

Should be able to. If some don't make it to year 2 we'll just fill their spots with replacements.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
Tasan
College Starter

I'm Barber's Barbarians.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Cool. I'm Nacho Lover and my girlfriend is victorious. Rebels is buck and Rangers guy is someone from another league I'm in.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #7
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I'll see if my roommate once to get in on this. That way your girlfriend won't be the only female.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm the Dingalings

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Just opened the league signup to a group of about 30 GM's so if you're interested in joining you should do so very soon.

Thanks to those that have already joined.

Buck, hopefully you'll stick with the fantasy league even though you're leaving FOOL.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #10
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I will be able to do the fantasy league. I just can't play FOOL because the only Mac I have access to is in the process of dying.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
spleen1015
Coordinator

Can a Fool-Xer play?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Im in
Old 06-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Can a Fool-Xer play?

Absolutely
Old 06-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm in.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #15
muns
Pro Starter

im in too.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Sweet! We're up to 10 people. I'm going to leave the last 4 spots open for friends and family if anyone has people they want to join with them. After a week or so if we're not full I'll open signup to another league I'm in.

What does everyone think of having 16 teams instead of 14? To give fair warning I'll let you know that it's hard to find good backups at times with a very deep league, but it's a fun challenge. With us already at 10 and two and a half months before the season starts we can easily fill the finals spots.

Also, as far as a keeper goes, what is the preference on how many players to keep? This doesn't have to be decided now, but it will be nice to have this decided upon before the draft.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Still at 10 if any of you new peeps want to jump in.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #18
Tasan
College Starter

Would you mind bumping this thread when we get closer to the draft day? I just know I'm gonna forget!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Would you mind bumping this thread when we get closer to the draft day? I just know I'm gonna forget!

i was thinking the same thing lol.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #20
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

You should be sent an email from Yahoo! the day before the draft is scheduled. But yeah, I'll bump it if I remember.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #21
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Someone else joined! Wolverines. I wonder who that is.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #22
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

With one spot left open I've allowed the general public to join. If anyone around here wants that final spot please hurry over and snatch it up. If for any reason you try to join this week and it says the league is full let me know and I'll boot the random stranger that joined.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #23
spleen1015
Coordinator

Is it possible to get an owners list posted? I want to know who's ass I'm kic...

I mean I just want to know who I'm playing with.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #24
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

As far as I know we have

From FOOL

Montreal_GM (Nacho Lover)
spleen (Spleen's Team)
muns (Big Stix)
Chief (Dingalings)
buck (Rebels)
hyde (Run-N-Gun)
allpro (Wolverines)
bz (Silver Bullets)
Tasan (Barber's Barbarians)

Other places

victorious - my girlfriend's team. she's good but not good enough for a team name like that
Former AMBL Rangers - guy from another league that's in my Fantasy Baseball league
Southern Sabercats - I think it's a random person that just joined but I'm not sure. It could be someone from around here

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 08-30-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #25
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

The league is now full.

I set the divisions so that we have 4 FOOL GM's on each side.

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 08-24-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #26
hyde4us11
Coordinator

I'm in also. I'm Run-N-Gun.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #27
Tasan
College Starter

Actually, I'm Barber's Barbarians.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #28
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Okay, I was guessing a bit. Sorry guys.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #29
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post
Okay, I was guessing a bit. Sorry guys.

No reason to be sorry. I was just saying so he knew who he was beating lol.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #30
muns
Pro Starter

Kev did we ever decide if this is a keeper league? I just wanted to make sure as that should change the way we look and draft in more than a few spots.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #31
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

I'm assuming it's a keeper league. If people don't want to participate next season we'll simply pass their team on to an interested party.

I'm thinking 3 or 4 keepers is the way to go, but if anyone has another suggestion it's open for discussion. What does everyone think?
Old 08-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #32
muns
Pro Starter

Im good with either 3 of 4. If we want to make it harder im assuming we would go with 3, but im down for whatever. Im actually really looking forward to this as long as i dont get a freaking call during the draft (im on call). I usually do this in some random leagues where I dont know anyone, so with all you guys, it should make it a lot more fun for me this year. Thanks for putting this together kevin, I really appreciate it bud.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #33
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Im good with either 3 of 4. If we want to make it harder im assuming we would go with 3, but im down for whatever. Im actually really looking forward to this as long as i dont get a freaking call during the draft (im on call). I usually do this in some random leagues where I dont know anyone, so with all you guys, it should make it a lot more fun for me this year. Thanks for putting this together kevin, I really appreciate it bud.

My girlfriend and I are looking forward to it as well. We've always played in random Yahoo leagues, probably always will, so it makes sense to have a keeper league going so we can have some bragging rights and league history. I would hope that everyone sticks around year after year considering it's free to do so, but if people lose interest we'll always be able to find new blood.

She's on call too. She's in med school and her current rotation has her at the ready 24/7. She hasn't been called in yet but it's bound to happen sometime.

I'm fine with 3. My gf votes for 3. What do you think about limiting keepers to 1 per position? That way we have some good RB's hitting the draft each year instead of people hoarding all of them.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #34
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
My girlfriend and I are looking forward to it as well. We've always played in random Yahoo leagues, probably always will, so it makes sense to have a keeper league going so we can have some bragging rights and league history. I would hope that everyone sticks around year after year considering it's free to do so, but if people lose interest we'll always be able to find new blood.

She's on call too. She's in med school and her current rotation has her at the ready 24/7. She hasn't been called in yet but it's bound to happen sometime.

I'm fine with 3. My gf votes for 3. What do you think about limiting keepers to 1 per position? That way we have some good RB's hitting the draft each year instead of people hoarding all of them.

Im good with 3 as well, so there is my vote I guess.

Lets hope that neither of us get called then. That wouldnt be good to have 2 people gone at the same time...

1 per position is also good for me. That actually might make trading of QB's more interesting as well.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #35
hyde4us11
Coordinator

3 is good but 1 per position i think llimits a key stragy of some players as myself. Not terrible as in a game breaker, but not something i like very much.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #36
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Looks like 3 is a good number. Limiting players isn't essential as RB's are a bit less valuable than they used to be now that so many teams are using multi-back systems, but I thought it was worth discussing.

We'll wait and see what other people think before making a final decision.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #37
bz
n00b

3 keepers work for me too. I have no preference on the 1 per position idea.

FOOL-X- New York Legends

bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #38
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz View Post
3 keepers work for me too. I have no preference on the 1 per position idea.

Ditto.

BTW, haven't viewed the rules yet. Are we a PPR league? If we aren't, I'll ask us to consider it. I think it's more fun (but I does change the value of some players).

I also play in the league where QBs get some points for completions (and negative points for incompletions) that is also a fun addition.

And lastly, I play with IDP in most of my leagues, instead of teams. Haven't (again) seen what we go with her, but I assume it's teams, since that's much more common. But IDP is fun (if more research intensive).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #39
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ditto.

BTW, haven't viewed the rules yet. Are we a PPR league? If we aren't, I'll ask us to consider it. I think it's more fun (but I does change the value of some players).

I also play in the league where QBs get some points for completions (and negative points for incompletions) that is also a fun addition.

And lastly, I play with IDP in most of my leagues, instead of teams. Haven't (again) seen what we go with her, but I assume it's teams, since that's much more common. But IDP is fun (if more research intensive).

I prefer a more classic approach with the exception of one WR/RB/TE position added and a couple IR spots for injured players. The scoring settings are Yahoo default other than 6 pts for QB TD's instead of 4.

I'm not totally against changing a few things but it's alway hard for everyone to agree on the right formula.

I don't like points for completions, rushing attempts, and catches, but if the majority favors it we can look into adding it.

Same goes for IDP's, my personal preference is for defensive teams only but if people prefer a few IDP positions we can do that.

The thing I'm not looking for is a league with 15 starting positions and scores of 300-250. Don't know why, guess it's just a bit excessive for my tastes.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I prefer a more classic approach with the exception of one WR/RB/TE position added and a couple IR spots for injured players. The scoring settings are Yahoo default other than 6 pts for QB TD's instead of 4.

I'm not totally against changing a few things but it's alway hard for everyone to agree on the right formula.

I don't like points for completions, rushing attempts, and catches, but if the majority favors it we can look into adding it.

Same goes for IDP's, my personal preference is for defensive teams only but if people prefer a few IDP positions we can do that.

The thing I'm not looking for is a league with 15 starting positions and scores of 300-250. Don't know why, guess it's just a bit excessive for my tastes.

Rushing attempts! Yuck. Who would do that?

The main league I'm in that uses the rules I mention has scores of about 90-130 per week. Scores higher or lower are generally outliers.

We start QB, 2 RBS, 3 WRS, TE, K, DB (a defensive back), a DL (a LB/DL), and an open D spot (any defensive player).

The key to the completion thing is that you also give a negative for an incompletion. QBs increase in value, but not as much as you think, and the ones who are really less than circumspect about where they throw it (I am looking at you, Favre) can actually be hurt (under 50% completion actually brings your score down).

I am fine with however we go, but thought I would throw it out there. It definitely doesn't end up with your worst case scenario, far from it.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #41
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Id rather not do IDP's this year, just because I wasnt prepared for it and didnt do any research for it at all. I got rid of my other leauges and im just doing this one this year. So id vote for no this year, just because its so late in the game, and then if it was something everyone wanted to do, id be up for next year. No biggie to me either way. Id just want some time as chief said for the research.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #42
hyde4us11
Coordinator

I prefer no IDP. Teams is what i prepared for.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #43
allpro10050
Mascot

3 keepers is fine and id prefer not to have a position cap

the only thing id like to change is making the benches deeper

Last edited by allpro10050 : 08-29-2009 at 04:30 PM.
allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #44
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro10050 View Post
3 keepers is fine and id prefer not to have a position cap

the only thing id like to change is making the benches deeper

I should have clarified that I also added a few bench spots. I believe default is 5 or 6 and we have 7. Additionally, with 2 IR spots you won't have to deal with the headache of having a few players each week totally unavailable.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #45
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

The league is now a Plus league. In the past this was quite expensive because Stat Tracker wasn't free, but since the ST is now free it was only 30 bucks. Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #46
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Am i to pay something now ?

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 08-29-2009 at 05:10 PM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #47
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

No. My treat.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #48
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
No. My treat.

Well thank you then.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #49
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Montreal GM, that's really cool of you.

Quick question on that IR. Is it like a DL then, like in other fantasy sports, where we can stash hurt guys who are projected to come back later in the year (or I guess maybe to stash a hurt star player out for the year as a keeper), and free up a roster spot? Or is it like "real life" NFL where if you put them there, they're done for the year?

I figure the former, but just checking to be sure.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #50
Tasan
College Starter

Hey thanks for the upgrade! I'd prefer an unrestricted keeper.