Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Worst Dynasty Ever (WSM 2009) - Clueless on the Pitch - Retired

I have decided to try a Dynasty using WSM 2009. Be forewarned, I suck at this game and at understanding soccer tactics enough to win at this game.

I used to play soccer when I was younger so I understand it from an onfield perspective but not very well from an overall strategic level. I hope that taking extra time to write up a dynasty will allow me to do a better job of putting together a winning strategy (at least I'm being optimistic about it).

Not sure the pace of this dynasty but I hope to be able to at least add something each day (hopefully multiple times).

Background:
- Using England, Spain and USA as the active nations and lowest level league for each nation (in case I get fired early, which is my MO). Medium database size.

- Using my existing coach profile which will be a 40 year old from The United States with a favorite team of Manchester United.

- Starting as manager of Cambridge United in England's Blue Square Premier League.

Last edited by EagleFan : 11-08-2010 at 11:10 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 8, 2008

I have signed with the club for $1,400 per week through June 2009. It looks like I have one year to prove myself.

Some background that I have been given on the club tells me that Peterborough United and Histon are both a fierce rivalry for us.

Team Report:

I have been given a team report by Paul Carden who is both the assistant manager and a player (midfielder). Hopefully that is not a conflict of interest within his reports.

He feels that we shoud be able to challenge for the league title this season and that we have very good depth to our roster.

He feels that midfield is our weekest area (this helps me trust his reports a bit more).

He also feels that Andy Parkinson is one of our top players. Parkinson is a 29year old midfielder (attacking) and is playing his first season with our squad. He has 38 career goals but did not score any last season with Notts County, this worries me as he may be on the decline.

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-20-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Roster:

GK - Danny Potter, 29, England, Entering his second season with the club, An eccentric player but his is quite agile and does a fine job of communicating with his defenders

SW, D C - Phil Bolland, 31, England, 1st season with Cambridge, a very good recentsigning and maybe our best defender, good heading the ball out of trouble, marking his player and tackling, very good verticle which helps even more with his heading ability which will help defending corners

D RC, WB/M R - Dan Gleeson, 23, England, believed to be a very promising young player but he gets into trouble if he has to think about what he is doing instead of reacting with his ability, solid tackler, entering his 3rd season with the club (2nd as a member as he was a loan player the first)

D R, DM, M C - Rory McAuley, 18, England, has potential to grow into a very good player, plays best as a defensive midfielder, looking for his first appearance which should be in the near future

D LC - Wayne Hatswell, 33, England, a very solid defender who is good nit he air but may take a few too many risks, 2nd season with Cambridge, has a lot of influence on the club

D L - Anthony Tonkin, 28, England, good all around defender, has a very good head for the game and uses that to his advantage, 1st season with the club

D C - Josh Coulson, 19, England, very average player with no real weaknesses but also no real strengths, 3rd season with Cambridge (played 13 games in 07/08)

D/M C - Ben Farrell, 21, England, solid player but not spectacular, needs to work on his positioning and stamina, 2nd season with Cambridge after playing 13 games in 07/08

DM, M C - Paul Carden, 29, England, good at passing and tackling and is in greath condition, slow and has issues off the ball, 2nd season with Cambridge (1st season as player/assistant manager)

M C - Darren Quinton, 22, England, a solid player who has flashes of creativity but lacks the pace and stamina to maintain that level, has just 1 career goal in 73 games

M C, ST - Mark Beesley, 26, England, good passer with good stamina and a very nice work ethic, 2nd season with Cambridge, 67 career goals (7 in 17 games with Cambridge in 07/08)

AM RC - Mark Convery, 27, England, decent passer but does not have the talent to be a regular 1st team player, 2nd season with Cambridge

AM RLC - Andy Parkinson, 29, England, has a work rate second to none and plays at a very high pace with the fitness level to back that up, 1st season with Cambridge

AM RC - Jon Challinor, 27, England, one of themost well rounded players on the team, has no obvious weaknesses, playes well off the ball, has a knack to make somke spectacular plays and wants to play at a high pace but does not have the stamina to do so for a long period of time, 1st season with Cambridge, has 55 career goals

AM LC - Daryl McMahon, 25, Ireland, okay at passing and tackling, has a great work ethic and is quite fit but is below average in most other areas, 1st season with Cambridge

ST - Scott Rendell, 21, England, on loan from Peterborough which will not make him a fan favorite, very good penalty taker and finisher, very good in the air, 33 career goals

ST - Danny Crow, 22, England, nothing stands out about Crow as he seems to be average or below in most areas, 1st season with Cambridge

ST - Chris Holroyd, 21, England, one of the fastest players on the club with solid passing and first touch skills, not good in the air, 1st season with Cambridge, only 4 career goals in 47 games
Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Expectations:

- The board expects us to contend for the title.

- We have $0 transfer budget and are right at our weekly payroll budget.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 11, 2008

M C - Darren Quinton suffers damaged heel during training, expected to be out 11 days to 2 weeks

July 13, 2008

Friendly at Bedford.

Starting with a 4-4-2 formation with a strateg that leans towards defensive.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Challinor
MC - Farrell
MR - Parkinson
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Only Quinton not on the substitute list due to injury.

1st Half

- In the 20th minute and on goal by Bedford made it 1-0 Cambridge.
- In the 36th minute Challinor was setup beautifully to make it 2-0 Cambridge.

- Bolland and Holroyd were both shown yellow cards in the 1st half

- Crow was brought in to start the 2nd half to replace Holroyd at ST
- Carden was brought in to start the 2nd half to replace Farrell at MC
- Coulson was brought in to start the 2nd half to replace Bolland at DC

2nd half

- Convery came in to replace McMahon in the 59th minute at ML but moved to MR as Parkinson moved to ML
- Hatswell received a yellow card and was replaced by McAuley in the 59th minute at DC but McAuley moved to DR as Gleeson moved to DC
- Challinor was injured and replaced by Beesley at MC in the 67th minute

- Rendell scored in the 77th minute after a misplay by the Bedford goallie to make it 3-0 Cambridge

The game ended 3-0 as we went into a much more defensive style and held off a late full on attack by Bedford in which Potter made two very spectacular saves.

My first game ends in a win but it was a game we were supposed to win. More importantly everyone except Quinton (who was injured) got to see playing time. Keeper Potter earned man of the match honors.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 15, 2008

Friendly at King's Lynn

We continue our busy schedule packed with friendlies trying to get the team into match shape.

We will ue a defensive 4-4-2 but shift our tactics a bit more towards center field on the narrow pitch at The Walks.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Convery
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

A couple of changes to the starting lineup to rest Parkinson and Challinor as they may see time late. Quinton still out with his injury.

1st Half

- Farrell starts the game out quickly as he finds the back of th net from 25 yards out in the 1st minute for a 1-0 lead
- Farrell is looking like this could be a fantastic game as he coms just inches away from his second goal of the game in the 4th minute bu puts it just wide
- Gleeson gets injured late int eh 1st half and will be replaced to start the 2nd half
- We go into the half up 1-0 as the remainder of the 1st half was payed fairly evenly

2nd half
- Gleeson is replaced by McAuley at DR to start the 2nd half due to injury
- Rendell is replaced by Crow at ST to start the 2nd half due to fatigue
- Farrell comes close yet again in the 53rd minute but the score remains 1-0
- Parkinson comes in to replace McMahon at ML in the 75th minute
- Carden comes in to replace Farrell at MC in the 75th minute
- Challinor comes in to replace Convery at MR in the 75th minute
- Tonkin scores on a perfectly placed free kick from about 25 yards out in the 80th minute to make it 2-0

The game ends in a 2-0 victory and a few players have shined but Tonkins comes away with man of the match honors.

We have now won two straight friendlies but we were supposed to win them so it is not a great achievement but it is providing valuable playing time. That playing time is helping team get familiar with each other as there are several players who have not played together before on the team.

Post match we have learned that Gleeson has suffered a thigh strain and may be out for three weeks. Hopefull the friendlies don't take too big of a toll on our health.

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-20-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 20, 2008

Friendly hosting Coventry

Staying with 4-4-2 with defensive posture.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Gleeson and Quinton are not active due to injury though Quinton is getting closer to returning.

1st half

- Coventry had the best of the play in the first half but our defensive posture combined with several outstanding saves by Potter kept it level at 0-0 at the end of the half

2nd half
- Carden come in to replace Farrell at MC to start the 2nd half
- We earned a corner kick in the 57th minute and Bolland finds the net with a header to break the scoreless tie and give us a 1-0 lead
- Coulson comes in to replace Bolland at DC in the 69th minute
- Crow comes in to replace Holroyd at ST in the 69th minute
- McMahon come in to replace Parkinson at ML in the 69th minute
- Convery comes in to replace Challinor at MR in the 69th minute

Coventry went into an all out attack for the remainder of the game and Potter stood strong against the onslaught, at one point making a spectacular series of three saves in short order, any one of which could have been a goal with no fault of his. Coventy outclassed us but we stood tall and scored a timely goal for the 1-0 victory. I am very proud of the team.

Bolland was given man of the match honors though I could have seen Potter getting the honors for his 9 save performance.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 22, 2008

Friendly at Cambridge City

Staying with 4-4-2 defensive tactics

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Gleeson is not active due to his injury. Quinton is available sub but may only see limited time late as he is not yet in game shape.

1st half
- In the 5th minute Challinor made a great cross from the right wing into the box and Rendell headed it hom for the 1-0 lead
- In the 32nd minute Parkinson took a corner from the right wing, put it right to Bolland's feet who one touched it into the goal for the 2-0 lead
- The half ends with the 2-0 lead a we carried the play for most of the half

2nd half
- Carden replaced Farrell at MC to start the 2nd half as Farrell was injured late in the 1st half
- Convery replaced Challinor at MR to start the 2nd half
- In the 48th minute Carden made his presence known as he hit the crossbar with a shot from just outside the box
- In the 53rd minute Parkinson took a fine cross from McAuley and scored his first of the game to make it 3-0
- Quinton came on for his first appearance in a friendly to replace Beesley at MC in the 69th minute
- McMahon came on for Parkinson at ML in the 69th minute
- Coulson came on for McAuley at DR in the 80th minute
- In the 82nd minute McMahon made a very well placed cross from the left wing which Holroyd headed into the net for the 4-0 lead
- Crow replaced Holroyd at ST in the 83rd minute
- In the 90th minute Quinton played a wonderfully timed through ball that send Rendell one on one with the goallie, Rendell made quick work of firng the ball into the lower right corner for his second goal of the game and the 5-0 lead

Mercifully the game was soon over in a 5-0 victory for Cambridge.

Rendell was named man of the match for good reason as he scord twice and was always a threat.

Potter had his 4th clean sheet during the "preseason" friendlies.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 25, 2008

The odds of promotion were announced today and we are co-favorites with Torquay at 7:4.

Friendly hosting the Bristol Rovers and are an underdog at home.

Staying with 4-4-2 defensive tactics

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Gleeson is inactive due to his injury.

1st half
- In the 33rd minute Duffy from Bristol took a pass behind the defense and quickly turned it into a 1-0 Bristol lead as that is the first goal Potter has allowed in these friendlies, Duffy clearly should have been called offsides on that play
- We weathered the storm and enter the half down 1-0

2nd half
- Carden in for Farrell at MC to start the 2nd half
- Quinton in for Beesley at MC to start the 2nd half
- Convery in for Challinor at MR to start the 2nd half
- Crow in for Holroyd at ST in the 83rd minute
- McMahon in for Parknson at ML in the 83rd minute
- Coulson in for McAuley at DR in the 83rd minute
- The game ends with a couple of chances for us but nothing terribly threatening as we fall 1-0

Bristol's Darryl Duffy earned man of the match honors.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 30, 2008

Friendly hosting Huddersfield

We enter the game as a home underdog.

Keeping the same tactics, 4-4-2 defensive

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Gleeson remains inactive due to his injury.

1st half
- In the 7th minute Holroyd was injured and needed to be taken out, Crow was brought in for him at ST
- In the 25th minute Parkinson found Rendell with a cross who fired a shot into the right corner of the goal for the 1-0 lead
- The rest of the half was fairly even and we go to halftime up 1-0

2nd half
- Convery in for Challinor at MR in the 56th minute
- Carden in for Farrell at MC in the 56th minute
- In the 64th minute a misplay by McAuley setup Huddersfield's Denton for a point blank shot and a goal to tie it at 1-1
- Quinton in for Beesley at MC in the 69th minute
- McMahon in for Parkinson at ML in the 69th minute
- In the 80th minute things get worse as Tonkin misses an attempt at an interception which led to a cross to Denton who nailed his second goal of the game and a 2-1 Huddersfield lead
- We were unable to mount an atack for the remainder of the game and drop the game 2-1

Huddersfield's Tom Denton was named man of the match with his two goals.

This leaves us with one remaining friendly before the season begins.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 1, 2008

Phil Bolland's contract is set to expire at the end of the month. Offered him an extension until June of 2010. The choice is now his.

Last friendly before the season as we travel to play at Mildenhall Town before having a week to prepare for the season to begin.

Staying with the formation that got us there 4-4-2 with a slightly defensive posture as we look to open it up a bit for our final friendly.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

1st half
- In the 27th minute a barrage of chances led to Challinor firing home a rebound for a 1-0 lead
- The half ends 1-0 though we outshot them 12-1 and controlled the play

2nd half
- Convery in for Challinor at MR to start the second half
- Carden in for Farrel at MC to start the second half
- Quinton in for Beesley at MC in the 65th minute
- Crow in for Holroyd at ST in the 65th minute
- McMahon in for Parkinson at ML in the 65th minute
- Coulson replaced McAuley at DR in the 80th minute
- The game ends 1-0 with us dominating all aspects but only able to get one on the board as they played spirited desparation defense

Challinor earned man of the match honors.

Now it is time to begin preparing for the regular season...
Old 12-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 2, 2008

Phil Bolland signs his contract extension to remain with the club until 2010.

August 5, 2008

Named Carden the team captain and Potter the vice captain.

Dan Gleeson has returned to full training.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 8, 2008

First prematch press conference of the season as we prepare for our season opener against Northwich.

I got hammered with questions about everything from our opponent to my predictions for the season. I cam out with a bold statement that we will win the division and promotion this season. It may put a target on my forehead but I want the team to know that I believe in them.

A curious question was about the transfer market and if I thought we were ready to spend to improve the team. I have already been told that we have nothing budgeted for transfers at this time so I had to side-step that one.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 9, 2008

League match at Northwich (Season Opener)

4-4-2 defensive posture

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Quinton, Coulson, Crow, Gleeson, Carden

- McAuley about to play his first competitive league game
- Tonkin to make his team debut
- Bolland to make his team debut
- Parkinson to make his team debut
- Challinor to make his team debut
- Holroyd to make his team debut
- Crow will be making league debut if brought on

1st half
- In the 19th minute Potter saved us from a poor start as he makes a spectacular save on a point blank shot
- In the 33rd minute we did not get so lucky as a Darryn Stamp header finds out net and we trail 1-0
- In the 36th minute Tonkin is injured and needs to be replaced, we move Hatwell to left defender and bring in Coulson to play a center defender
- In injury time we cams close to getting the equalizer but Holroyd just missed over the goal

2nd half
- In the 60th minute a fine touch from Holroyd set Rendell up for a shot but he missed just wide left from about 25 yards out
- In the 73rd minute Beesley just misses on a header off a cross
- Carden come on for Challinor as right midfield in the 73rd minute and we moved Beesley up to forward to shift to an attacking 4-3-3 to try to generate the tying goal
- In the 82nd minute Bolland received a yellow card for a hard challenge
- Quinton comes in for Bolland and movesto center midfielder as we change to a 3-4-3 to try to generate enough pressure in the 83rd minute
- In the 90th minute McAuley made a beautiful long pass to Rendell who blasted hom the goal but it was disallowed as they say he was offside
- The game ends in a very disappointing 1-0 loss to open the season

Post game reports show Tonkin having a thigh strain and will be out 3-4 weeks. That could be a tough loss for us.

The positive to take from the game is that Bolland looked very strong. He should anchor the defense quite finely for us this season.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #15
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Standings

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Histon | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 0 | +8 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Salisbury | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | +2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Crawley | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | +2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Stevenage | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | +2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Barrow | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Eastbourne Boro | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Ebbsfleet | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Kidderminster | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Kettering | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Northwich | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Weymouth | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Altrincham | | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Woking | | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Lewes | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Mansfield | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Oxford | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Rushden | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Cambridge | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | -1 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Forest Green | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | -1 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Grays | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | -1 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Burton | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 3 | -2 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Wrexham | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | -2 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | York | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | -2 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Torquay | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 8 | -8 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Old 12-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Notable Games

Torquay, who was the co-favorite based on the betting lines for promotion got shocked by Histon on the road in an ubelievable 8-0 loss.

It looks like it was a bad day for league favorites, at least we didn't lose 8-0.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 11, 2008

We prepare for our home opener against Kidderminster who beat Lewes at home in their opener. We enter the game as the home favorite and looking to put the memory of our poor opener behind us. I have apologized to the team for over-reacting and changing to an untestested tactic out of panic.

The prematch press conference went by with no tough questions.

August 12, 2008

League match hosting Kidderminster (Home Opener)

4-4-2 defensive posture

G - Potter
DL - Coulson
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Beesley
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Quinton, McMahon, Crow, Gleeson, Carden

- Crow will be making league debut if brought on
- McMahon will be making league debut if brought on

1st half
- In the 15th minute defender Kieth Lowe of Kidderminster received a yellow card for a hard foul
- In the 21st minute Challinor just missed the go ahead goal wide left on a blast from just inside the box
- In the 32nd minute Parinson took a corner from the right wing and Bolland heads it into the net for our first goal of the season and gives us a 1-0 lead and brings the crowd to life
- The joy was short lived as a mistake on defense allowed a cross to be drilled home by Martin Riley to tie the game at 1-1
- The half came to an end tied 1-1

2nd half
- Gleeson came in for Coulson to start the 2nd half and moved to center defender while Hatswell moved to left defender
- In the 48th minute Bolland is given a yellow card for grabbing an attacker
- In the 58th minut Hatswell made an incredible shot from about 50 yards out that hit the crossbar near the right corner and almost gave us the lead
- In the 59th minute Beesley was injured and replaced by Carden at center midfield
- In the 65th minute Kidderminster goalkeeper Adam Bartlett receives a yellow card for handball outside of the box
- In the 67th minute a bad offside call on Holroyd nullified what would have been a good scoring chance
- In the 79th minute McMahon came in to replace a tired Farrell at center midfielder and we increased our pressure a little more
- In the 79th minute Holroyd hit the crossbar on a lob over the head of the goalkeeper who was moving forward for another missed opportunity
- After a few more close calls we were unable to break the 1-1 tie and the game ends in a draw

- McMahahon made his first league appearance with us

- Martin Riley of Kidderminster was named man of the match

We learned that Beesley will be out for about 6 days after being injure in a collision in the game.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Standings

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Histon | | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 9 | 0 | +9 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Crawley | | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 | +5 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Ebbsfleet | | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 2 | +3 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Stevenage | | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | +3 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Altrincham | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 0 | +3 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Kidderminster | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 2 | +1 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Weymouth | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | +1 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Burton | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 3 | +2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Grays | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 1 | +2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Salisbury | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 2 | +1 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Eastbourne Boro | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Forest Green | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Barrow | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 4 | -2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Kettering | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 3 | -2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Northwich | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 4 | -3 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Woking | | 2 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 2 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Oxford | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 3 | -1 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Cambridge | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Wrexham | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 3 | -2 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | York | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 3 | -2 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Torquay | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 10 | -8 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Mansfield | | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 3 | -2 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | Rushden | | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 5 | -3 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Lewes | | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 5 | -4 | 0 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Old 12-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

ohh when the u's
go marching in
ohh when the u's go marching in
i wanna be in that number ohh when the
u's go marching in
OHHH WEN THE U'S
ohhh wen the u's
GO MARCHING IN
go marching in
ohh when the u's
go marching in
ohh when the u's go marching in
i wanna be in that number ohh when the
u's go marching in
Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 16, 2008

Still struggling and loking for our first win of the season we are home to host Barrow. Barrow has one win and one loss but are -2 in differential.

We will remain with a 4-4-2 formation but will try to keep our defenders back deep or try to trap the Barrow strikers offsides as they tend to look for counterstriking long ball opportunities.

G - Potter
DL - Coulson
DC - Hatswell
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: McMahon, Gleeson, Crow, Carden, Convery

- Holroyd to make his 50th league appearance
- Crow to make his leaguedebut with us if brought on
- Carden to make his 325th league appearance if brought on

1st half
- In the 16th minute a defensive lapse led to Barrow midfielder Paul Brown scoring to gve Barrrow a 1-0 lead, fans are beginning to get restless and my honeymoon with the squad may be over
- In the 25th minute the Barrow pressure looked certain to make it 2-0 but Potter made a wonderful save to keep it only 1-0
- In the 29th minute apoorly execued offside trap led to a through ball hitting Barrow striker Jason Walker in stride and he put a well placed touch just off the inside of the left post and into the net for a 2-0 lead and we are in trouble
- Following the goal I have changed our approach to an al out attacking mentality
- In the 35th minute this paid off as Farrell hit Holroyd down the right wing with a long outlet pass, he raced ahead of he defender to get the ball and curved a beautifal cross right to Rendell's feet who found the net to narrow the gap to 2-1
- The half ends with us trailing 2-1 bu having gained some late momentum

2nd half
- In the 51st minute McAuley picked up a yellow card for a trip
- McMahon came in for Farrell at center midfield in the 51st minute
- In the 63rd minute we got burnt on a counter attacking long ball to Walker for his second goal of the game to make it 3-1, this after we had 3 straight corners and were turned away on several chances
- Convery came in for a tired Challinor atright midfield in the 67th minute
- Crow came in for Quinton and moved to the front line and we moved McAuley to centr midfield as we changed to a 3-4-3 attacking in the 67th minute
- The changes paid off it the 69th minute as Convery made a high arcing cross from the right wing and found Parkinson who scored to make it 3-2
- In the 79th minute Crow found Rendell on a through ball and he just missed to the right of the goal for what would have been the equalizer
- Though we had several chances in extra time we could not find the tying goal and would lose 3-2, this season is not starting off well and it may be time for a change of approach

- Crow made his league debut for us when he came on in the 2nd half

- Jason Walker earned man of the match honors with his two goals

I may want to sit with my back to the wall when I go to a restaurant if we don't get a win soon.

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-21-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)Wow, I do really suck at this game. I could probably manage Man U to a last place finish. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?(/ooc)
Old 12-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #22
Rawhide
High School Varsity

Probably just need a bit of patience mate...especially with a 46-game league schedule!
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Probably just need a bit of patience mate...especially with a 46-game league schedule!

Hopefully that's it.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 23, 2008

We head on the road with hopes that we finally get our season on track. We face Eastbourne Boro and are heavy favorites though we actually trail them in the standings.

I am staying with a 4-4-2 formation but increasing our attacking pressure a bit from the start of the game (not heavy attack but leaning towards attack).

G - Potter
DL - Hatswell
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Beesley, Gleeson, Crow, Carden, Convery

- Potter is about to make his 125th caree league appearance
- Carden will make his 325th league appearance if he is brought on

1st half
- In the 42nd minute Holroyd took a through ball from Quinton inside the box and one touched a shot just past the keeper before he could react to give us a 1-0 lead
- The half ends with us maintaining a 1-0 lead

2nd half
- Carden replaces Quinton who was fatigued to start the second half and we adopt a diamond midfield formation with Carden playing the defensive center position
- In the 53rd minute it came undone a bit as Paul Armstrong had a deflected shot end up at his feet in space in the box and fired it home for the tying goal
- In the 58th minute we almost respond but Farrell hit the crossbar from about 25 yards out and the game remained tied
- In the 71st minute Convery came in for Farrell at the atacking midfield spot in the diamond
- In the 73rd minute Armstrong scores his 2nd of the game with a header off a cross, he did not have much of an aerial game according to our scout but you wouldn't know it on that play
- In the 80th minute Coulson picked up a yellow card with a trip
- The nail was placed in our coffin by an unreal shot from almost the on the right wing that found it's way jus inside the right post, a one in amilion shot by defender Paul Austin and we trail 3-1
- The game ends in disappointment yet again

- Paul Armstrong earned man of the match honors

We are in disarray andwe need to turn this around soon as it is snowballing out of control.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Standings

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Crawley | | 4 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 8 | 2 | +6 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Ebbsfleet | | 4 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 9 | 4 | +5 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Barrow | | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 7 | 7 | 0 | 9 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Weymouth | | 4 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 4 | 1 | +3 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Burton | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 12 | 4 | +8 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Histon | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 11 | 3 | +8 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Oxford | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Salisbury | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 5 | 3 | +2 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Kidderminster | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 5 | 4 | +1 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Stevenage | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 5 | 4 | +1 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Grays | | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Eastbourne Boro | | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 7 | 6 | +1 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Forest Green | | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Rushden | | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 5 | -1 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Kettering | | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 4 | -1 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Northwich | | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 5 | 7 | -2 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Altrincham | | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | York | | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 6 | -3 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Mansfield | | 4 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 3 | 5 | -2 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Torquay | | 4 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 4 | 12 | -8 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Woking | | 4 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 10 | -7 | 2 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Cambridge | | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 4 | 8 | -4 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | Wrexham | | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 1 | 6 | -5 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Lewes | | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 2 | 8 | -6 | 1 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-21-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 23, 2008

It has been announced that Rome will host the 2016 olympics.

August 25, 2008

We return home with a lot of pessure on us as we host Kettering. We are yet again the favorite but that has not done us a lot of good so far.

Back to a 4-4-2 with a slight lean towards attacking.

G - Potter
DL - Hatswell
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Beesley, Gleeson, Crow, Convery, McMahon

- Quinton is going to make his 75th career league appearance
- Convery will make his 25th league appearace if brought on

1st half
- In the 4th minute Parkinson took a corner from the right wng and Holroyd headed it just wide of the right post and the game remained scoreless
- In the 21st minute Andre Boucaud fired a shot into the top right corner to give Kettering a 1-0 lead and get the fans turnign against us
- In the 23rd minute Holroyd took a pass near the top of the box, did a fine job of making space for himself and fired a shot past the diving keeper to tie the game at 1-1 and get us right back into it
- In the 29th minute Rendell almost gave us the lead wth a header off a cross but a great save by the keeper kept it tied at 1-1
- The half ends all even at 1-1

2nd half
- Beesley comes in for a banged up Quinton at center midfielder to start the second half
- In the 64th minute Kettering defender Dale Bennett is given a yellow for bringing down Beesley
- Convery comes in for an exausted Challinor at right midfielder in the 80th minute
- The game ends with no real threat from either side in a 1-1 draw as we still have not found a win

- Andre Boucaud earns man of the match honors
Old 12-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 26, 2008

I tried to tap into the free market a bit and offered American midfielder James Prosser a two year contract. He has very good offensive skills and could jump start our team a bit, I hope.

I await his decision and hope we can get his permit approved.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

August 29, 2008

Prosser has accepted our offer, now we just need to wait for the work permit decisionto be made.

We are informed the decision will be made on the 31st.

August 30, 2008

Our next game we travel to Weymouth and are a slight underdog.

We stay with a 4-4-2 with a slight lean towards attacking.

G - Potter
DL - Hatswell
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Carden, Gleeson, Crow, Tonkin, Beesley

- Potter will be making his 50th league appearace for Cambridge

1st half
- After holding off an eary eymouth atack we settle down and establish an attack, Parkinson ribbles from the left wing towards the ceter and fires a well placed shot from about 20 yards out into the corner for the 1-0 lead in the 22nd minute
- We held off a late attack and endte halftime up 1-0

2nd half
- Carden comes in to replace Quinton at center midfield to start the second half
- In the 51st minute Potter makes an incredible save off a one touch shot from a cross to keep usup 1-0, play of the game so far
- Gleeson comes in for Challinor at right midfield in the 76th minute
- Beesley comes in for Farrell at center midfield in the 76th minute
- We maintained for the rest of the game and get our first victory of the season

- Weymouth midfielder James Coutts was named man of the match, I disagree and feel that Potter should have been given those honors

August 31, 2008

Bad news as Prosser's work permit has been turned down. We appeal but I am not optimistic about the results of the appeal. He would have been a great addition to the cub.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #29
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Standings

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Ebbsfleet | | 6 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 10 | 4 | +6 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Crawley | | 6 | 4 | 1 | 1 | 10 | 4 | +6 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Forest Green | | 6 | 4 | 0 | 2 | 8 | 6 | +2 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Rushden | | 6 | 4 | 0 | 2 | 7 | 6 | +1 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Barrow | | 6 | 4 | 0 | 2 | 12 | 12 | 0 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Burton | | 6 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 16 | 6 | +10 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Oxford | | 6 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 10 | 5 | +5 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Salisbury | | 6 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 6 | 3 | +3 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Kettering | | 6 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 7 | 5 | +2 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Stevenage | | 6 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 9 | 0 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Grays | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 7 | 5 | +2 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Eastbourne Boro | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 9 | 8 | +1 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Weymouth | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 4 | 3 | +1 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Histon | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 13 | 7 | +6 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Mansfield | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 6 | -1 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Kidderminster | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 7 | 9 | -2 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | York | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 6 | 8 | -2 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Torquay | | 6 | 1 | 4 | 1 | 5 | 12 | -7 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Northwich | | 6 | 2 | 0 | 4 | 5 | 9 | -4 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Altrincham | | 6 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 9 | -3 | 5 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Cambridge | | 6 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 9 | -3 | 5 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Wrexham | | 6 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 7 | -3 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | Lewes | | 6 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 10 | -7 | 2 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Woking | | 6 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 17 | -13 | 2 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-22-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 1, 2008

As expected Prosser's work permit was turned down. I have begun looking in other directions in the free transfer market.

We have contacted 30 year old midfielder Dean Bennett from England a 2 year contract. He is athletic and very fit. He accepted our offer and has joined out club.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #31
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 2, 2008

We travel to Ebbsfleet in what will be a tough match as they enter the match unbeaten and in 1st place.

Bennett is recovering from an injury and should be ready in another week to begin training, part of the price you pay for getting a bargain off the transfer wire.

We remain 4-4-2 but will narrow our approach a bit on the narrow pitch at Ebbsfleet.

G - Potter
DL - Hatswell
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - McAuley
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Convery, Gleeson, Crow, Tonkin, Beesley

- Bolland is going to make his 350th league appearance
- Hatswell is going to make his 25th league appearance with Cambridge

1st half
- In the 14th minute a defensive lapse let midfielder Ricky Shakes get an open look from inside the box and he put it just pst Potter's reach to give tem a 1-0 lead, we now have our work cut out for us to penetrate their well organized defense
-Their defense stonewalled us the rest of the half and we enter halftime down 1-0

2nd half
- Convery comes on for Challinor at right midfield to start the second half
- Beesley comes in for Farrell at center midfield in the 68th minute
- Crow comes in for Quinton and moves forward for a 3rd forward in the 68th minute
- We are unable to crack their defense and our winning strek ends at one as we fall 1-0

- Ricky Shaks of Ebbsfleet was awarded man of the match honors
Old 12-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 13, 2008

Our long time off betwee matches hs allowed us to enter our next match well rested. We are home to host Torquay and both of our teams have been struggling to live up to expectations.

We widen out a bit with our tactics but remain 4-4-2, though I am thinking of going with a 5 midfield formation soon with our depth that we have at the position.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: McAuley, Crow, Hatswell, Beesley, Bennett

- Rendell has a goal drought of 415 minutes
- Bennett will make his first appearance for Cambridge if brought on

1st half
- In the 8th minute Rendell almost ended his goal drought but a great save by the keeper kept it scoreless
- In the 18th minute Rendell had another good chance but was called just offside
- The half ends with few other chances with no score

2nd half
- In the 48th minute Kevin Nichollson of Torquay broke the scoreless tie wth a free kick placed into teh left corner of the goal and we trail 1-0
- Bennett makes his Cambridge debut as he is brought in for Farrell at center midfield in the 49th minute
- In the 50th minute Holroyd had the tying goal on hs foot only to shoot high and wide
- In the 53rd minute Parkinson headed a corner but right at the keeper as we continue to trail 1-0
- In the 63rd minute Rendell ended his scoreless drought as he headed a cross into the goal to tie the game at 1-1
- Beesley comes on for Quinton at cente midfield in the 64th minute
- In the 69th minute Holroyd blasted a shot off the keeper and the rebound went right to Rendell who sent it into the goal for his second tally of the game to give us a 2-1 lead and send the crowd into a frenzy, the play was setup on a fine header forward to Holroyd from Bennett as he makes his presence known
- In the 72nd minute Challinor received a yellow card for a shirt tug
- McAuley comes in for Challinor at right midfield in the 78th minute
- In the 90th minute Beesley sent Redell running clear with a perfect counter attacking though ball and Rendell fires the ball into the left corner of the net for his third goal of the game as we now lead 3-1 as that should have wrapped it up for us
- The game ends 3-1 as we get our 2nd win in the last 3 games

- Rendell was named man of the match to no surprise as he ended his goal drought in a big way (as I had considered starting Crow over him due to his play recently)
Old 12-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #33
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Standings

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Ebbsfleet | | 9 | 6 | 2 | 1 | 12 | 6 | +6 | 20 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Oxford | | 9 | 5 | 3 | 1 | 14 | 6 | +8 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Salisbury | | 9 | 5 | 3 | 1 | 11 | 5 | +6 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Rushden | | 9 | 6 | 0 | 3 | 12 | 8 | +4 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Burton | | 9 | 5 | 2 | 2 | 24 | 11 | +13 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Crawley | | 9 | 5 | 1 | 3 | 12 | 9 | +3 | 16 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Kettering | | 9 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 11 | 7 | +4 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Grays | | 9 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 10 | 6 | +4 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Forest Green | | 9 | 5 | 0 | 4 | 12 | 10 | +2 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Barrow | | 9 | 5 | 0 | 4 | 17 | 18 | -1 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Stevenage | | 9 | 4 | 2 | 3 | 16 | 16 | 0 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Weymouth | | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 7 | 7 | 0 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Histon | | 9 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 15 | 10 | +5 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Mansfield | | 9 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Eastbourne Boro | | 9 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 12 | 13 | -1 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | York | | 9 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 7 | 10 | -3 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Wrexham | | 8 | 3 | 1 | 4 | 8 | 7 | +1 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Kidderminster | | 9 | 3 | 1 | 5 | 10 | 13 | -3 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Torquay | | 9 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 12 | 19 | -7 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Cambridge | | 8 | 2 | 2 | 4 | 9 | 11 | -2 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Lewes | | 9 | 2 | 2 | 5 | 9 | 13 | -4 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Altrincham | | 9 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 9 | 16 | -7 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | Northwich | | 9 | 2 | 0 | 7 | 7 | 18 | -11 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Woking | | 9 | 0 | 3 | 6 | 4 | 21 | -17 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Old 12-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 16, 2008

Bolland and Rendell were selected to the Blue Square Premier Team of the Week.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 17, 2008

We host Wrexham for our next league match. They play a 4-1-4-1 attacking style. We will counter that with our 4-4-2 with a counter attack approach which worked well against Torquay.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Carden, Crow, Hatswell, Beesley, Bennett

1st half
- In the 5th minute Rendell was sent ahead on a counterattack and beat the keeper to the ball outside of teh box, dribbles past him and scored into the gaping goal to give us a 1-0 lead
- We had several chances but were unable to increase the lead so we enter halftime up 1-0

2nd half
- Bennett in for Challinor at right midfield to start the second half
- In the 52nd minute Holroyd made a great move to get past the defense and ripped a shot just off the keeper's fingertips and deflected over the goal as the score remains 1-0
- In the 62nd minute Potter made a huge mistake trying to go after a ball out of the box and was beaten to the ball as striker Patrick Suffo ties the game 1-1
- Hatswell in for Tonkin at left defense in the 63rd minute
- Carden infor Quinton at center midfield in the 81st minute
- Neither team is able to mount another strong attack and the game ends tied 1-1

- Quinton was named man of the match, a surprising choice
Old 12-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 20, 2008

Next up we travel to Mansfield where we are a slight underdog. A win here could do wonders for our team as it would bring our unbeaten streak to 3 and would give us 3 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie in the last 5 games which would be a huge improvement on how we started.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - Parkinson
MC - Quinton
MC - Farrell
MR - Challinor
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Carden, Crow, Hatswell, Beesley, McAuley

- Rendell needs 3 more goals to reach 25 career league goals with Cambridge

1st half
- In the 6th minute Rendell almost put us on the board with a header off a free kick from Tonkin but he put it just over the net
- In the 38th minute Potter made a fine save off a header to keep the game scoreless
- The half ends in a scoreless tie

2nd half
- Carden replaced Quinton at center midfield to start the second half
- McAuley in for Gleeson at right defense in the 69th minute
- Beesley in for Farrell at center midfield in the 69th minute
- In the 89th minute Parkinson has to come off the pitch with an injury and we have to go one man short as we are out of subs
- Neither team can break the draw and it ends scoreless as we get a point

- Bolland earns man of the match honors

- The post game report shows Parkinson sprained his ankle and will be out 5-6 weeks
Old 12-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #37
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 23, 2008

We travel to league leading Oxford as the underdog.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Quinton
MC - Carden
MR - Convery
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Bennett, Crow, Hatswell, Beesley, McAuley

- Holroyd has a goal droght of 428 minutes
- Rendell needs 3 goals to reach 25 career league goals with Cambridge
- Beesley will make his 25th appearance with Cambridge if brought on

1st half
- In the 42nd minute midfielder Lewis Haldane of Oxford headed the ball into the back of our net to give them a 1-0 lead
- The half ends with us trailing 1-0

2nd half
- Crow brought on to replace an ineffective Holroyd to start the second half
- In the 49th minute Convery hit the post and the rebound ends up on Crow's foot and he one touches it into the goal to tie the game 1-1 with his first league goal with us
- In the 51st minute Haldane takes a pass clearly offside and scores his second of the game to put Oxford up 2-1, no call made on the offside, terrible, just terrible
- In the 65th minute Carden found Convery behind the defense but offside is called, no different than what Oxford scored on, not sure i I can bite my tongue after this game
- In the 67th minute Convery finds McMahon with a cross from the right wing and McMahon scores his frst ever goal with Cambridge to tie the game 2-2
- Beesley in for Quinton at center midfield in the 69th minute
- Bennett in for an exhausted Convery in the 80th minute
- The game ends in a 2-2 draw

- Haldane earned man of the match with his two goals for Oxford
Old 12-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #38
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Standings

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Oxford | | 11 | 6 | 4 | 1 | 19 | 9 | +10 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Rushden | | 11 | 7 | 1 | 3 | 15 | 10 | +5 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Grays | | 11 | 6 | 3 | 2 | 17 | 11 | +6 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Ebbsfleet | | 11 | 6 | 3 | 2 | 14 | 9 | +5 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Salisbury | | 11 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 12 | 8 | +4 | 19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Crawley | | 11 | 6 | 1 | 4 | 15 | 12 | +3 | 19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Kettering | | 11 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 15 | 10 | +5 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Forest Green | | 11 | 6 | 0 | 5 | 15 | 13 | +2 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Barrow | | 11 | 6 | 0 | 5 | 19 | 21 | -2 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Burton | | 11 | 5 | 2 | 4 | 26 | 16 | +10 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Histon | | 11 | 5 | 2 | 4 | 19 | 11 | +8 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Stevenage | | 11 | 5 | 2 | 4 | 21 | 21 | 0 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Weymouth | | 11 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 8 | 9 | -1 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Eastbourne Boro | | 11 | 4 | 2 | 5 | 13 | 14 | -1 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | York | | 11 | 4 | 2 | 5 | 10 | 12 | -2 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Mansfield | | 11 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Kidderminster | | 11 | 4 | 1 | 6 | 11 | 14 | -3 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Torquay | | 11 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 14 | 21 | -7 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Wrexham | | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 12 | 12 | 0 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Cambridge | | 11 | 2 | 5 | 4 | 12 | 14 | -2 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Lewes | | 11 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 10 | 15 | -5 | 9 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Northwich | | 11 | 3 | 0 | 8 | 10 | 21 | -11 | 9 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | Altrincham | | 11 | 1 | 5 | 5 | 10 | 17 | -7 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Woking | | 11 | 0 | 5 | 6 | 6 | 23 | -17 | 5 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 27, 2008

We return home to face the Grays who are currently 3rd in the league. A win would be huge for us as we have an unbeaten streak of 4 games but only 1 of them were victories.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Quinton
MC - Carden
MR - Convery
ST - Rendell
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Farrell, Crow, Hatswell, Beesley, Challinor

- Coulson is about to make his 25th league appearance for Cambridge
- Convery is about to make his 175th league appearance
- Carden is about to make his 25th appearance for Cambridge
- Holroyd has a goal drought of 473 minutes
- Rendell needs 3 more goals to reach 25 league goals for Cambridge

1st half
- In the 26th minute a finepassing combination from Holroyd to Convery across to Rendell for the goal gives us a 1-0 lead and gets our crowd behind us
- In the 37th minute Tonkin took a corner from the left wing and placed it ito the box where Bolland came forward with a header into the back of the net for a 2-0 lead
- The half ends with us doing well and up 2-0

2nd half
- Crow on for an injured Rendell at striker to start the second half
- In the 59th minute Gray's striker Jamie Taylor one touched a shot into our goal to cut our lead in half and make it 2-1 and the stadium has gotten a little bit more tense
- Challinor in for Convery at right midfielder in the 60th minute
- Beesley in for McMahon at left midfielder in the 60th minute
- In the 89th minure Challinor hit Holroyd with a through ball in the box but Holroyd fired his shot off the keeper and his goal drought continues
- We held off any attack the Greys mounted and gain a 2-1 victory as we are now unbeaten in 5 straight and ave hopefully begun to turn things around

- Bolland earned man of the match honors as he defended well and picked up a goal

We find out after the game that Rendell injured his knee (though not seriously) and will be out between 3 and 4 weeks.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Standings

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Rushden | | 12 | 8 | 1 | 3 | 17 | 10 | +7 | 25 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Oxford | | 12 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 21 | 12 | +9 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Salisbury | | 12 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 15 | 8 | +7 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Ebbsfleet | | 12 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 15 | 10 | +5 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Kettering | | 12 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 21 | 12 | +9 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Grays | | 12 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 18 | 13 | +5 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Forest Green | | 12 | 6 | 1 | 5 | 17 | 15 | +2 | 19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Crawley | | 12 | 6 | 1 | 5 | 17 | 18 | -1 | 19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Barrow | | 12 | 6 | 1 | 5 | 20 | 22 | -2 | 19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Burton | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 28 | 18 | +10 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Histon | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 21 | 13 | +8 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Stevenage | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 23 | 23 | 0 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Eastbourne Boro | | 12 | 5 | 2 | 5 | 15 | 14 | +1 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Weymouth | | 12 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 10 | 11 | -1 | 16 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Wrexham | | 12 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 14 | 13 | +1 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | York | | 12 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 12 | 14 | -2 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Cambridge | | 12 | 3 | 5 | 4 | 14 | 15 | -1 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Mansfield | | 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 8 | 11 | -3 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Kidderminster | | 12 | 4 | 1 | 7 | 11 | 16 | -5 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Torquay | | 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 15 | 23 | -8 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Lewes | | 12 | 3 | 3 | 6 | 13 | 17 | -4 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Northwich | | 12 | 3 | 1 | 8 | 12 | 23 | -11 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | Altrincham | | 12 | 1 | 5 | 6 | 10 | 19 | -9 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Woking | | 12 | 0 | 6 | 6 | 8 | 25 | -17 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-24-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #41
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

September 30, 2008

Three of our players are named to the Blue Square Premier Team of the Week:

G - Potter
D - Bolland
M - McMahon

October 1, 2008

It looks like the board is not happy with the team's performance and my job is no longer secure. I had hoped that our recent streak coul help my status but it looks like I need to keep us winning to get better footing with the board.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #42
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 4, 2008

We travel to play at York who is one point ahead of us in the standings as we have a chance to go ahead of them with a win. We are going to have to find a new way to forge an attack with Rendell out, hopefully Crow can answer the call.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Quinton
MC - Carden
MR - Convery
ST - Crow
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Farrell, Bennett, Hatswell, Beesley, Challinor

- Holroyd has not scored in 563 minutes

1st half
- In the 2nd minute a corner led to a foul being called on York in the box giving us a penalty kick, Convery took the kick and hit the crossbar to be denied and keep the game scoreless
- In the 31st minute striker Scott McGliesh received a pass inside the box and fired a one touch shot into the right corner to give York a 1-0 lead
- In the 40th minute Crow took agreat pass from Carden inside the box but turned and fired the ball just wide a he had a goal at his feet but failed to come through
- Our poor finishing led to us trailing 1-0 at the half

2nd half
- Challinor in for an underachieving Convery at right midfield to start the second half
- Beesley in for an underachieving Crow at striker to start the second half
- In the 52nd minute Holroyd breaks his goal drought as he received a corner, dribbled around the defender markign him and fired a shot off the keeper and in to tie the game 1-1
- Our lead was short lved as in the 56th minute midfielder Christian Smith took a shot from about 35 yards out and just put it under the bar for the goal to give York a 2-1 lead
- Bennett in for Quinton at center midfield in the 56th minute
- In the 57th minute Bennett hit Holroyd with a trough ball who one touched it to Beesley for the shot but he put it just wide of the left post
- In the 84th minute Holroyd crosssed from the right wing to Beesley who headed it into the goal for what we thought was the tying goal only to be waved off for offside. The defender was right next to him the entire time, bad call. McMahon gets a yellow card for arguing the call.
- We are unable to get the equalizer and fall 2-1 to end our streak an fall furhter back in the standings

- Holroyd was given man of the match honors

Carden was injured late in the game. He may be out for three weeks.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #43
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)wow, that last game was very frustrating. Between watching several chances blown and then seeing the tying goal get waved off...(/ooc)
Old 12-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #44
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 11, 2008

We return home to host Weymouth in a game that we hope is just what the doctor ordered as they are stuggling like we are and we have already beaten them 1-0 on the road this season.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Quinton
MC - Beesley
MR - Challinor
ST - Crow
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Farrell, Bennett, Hatswell, McAuley, Convery

- Tonkin is about to make his 275thleague appearance

1st half
- In the 26th minute Crow one touched a through ballto Holroyd who made it into the box and fired a shot off the keeper and cameup empty as the game remained scoreless
- In extra time we mounted a bit of an attack but coul never quite get a shot on goal and the half ends scoreless

2nd half
- Bennett in for Quinton at center midfield in the 81st minute
- A boring match ends scoreless

- defender Santos Gaia of Weymouth named man of the match

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-26-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #45
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
(ooc)wow, that last game was very frustrating. Between watching several chances blown and then seeing the tying goal get waved off...(/ooc)

Trust me...it constantly gets that way for me...I hate seeing the blown chances...and goals get waved off (mostly I am happy there cause it is for the other team)
Old 12-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #46
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Trust me...it constantly gets that way for me...I hate seeing the blown chances...and goals get waved off (mostly I am happy there cause it is for the other team)

I have to say that this game can be very addictive and that says a LOT about the quality of the game since I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing and usually that is enough to keep me away from a game after a few tries.

Hopefully I'll figure it out (and soon before I get fired from this team; I would think getting fired at this level means it will be a while before I can get a job with another club).
Old 12-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #47
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 13, 2008

Fourth Round Qualifying draw for English FA Cup. We draw a road match against Northwich which will be set for October 25th.

We have already lost 1-0 on the road to Northwich this season, the game which started our disappointing season.

October 14, 2008

Prematch press conference for our upcoming match against Lewes, a team which we should be able to handle but may have to ue a different approach with Rendell out.

No major curveballs thrown to me today. I did sidestep the final question which dealt with the current instability of my place with the club.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 15, 2008

We host Lewes, who is one spot behind us in the standings and are favorites. We have devided to go with a 4-5-1 approach and sit Crow as he has been a disappointment in Rendell's absence.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Quinton
MC - Bennett
MC - Beesley
MR - Challinor
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Farrell, Crow, Hatswell, McAuley, Convery

1st half
- In the 13th minute a corner from Tonkin got deflected to Challinor just inside the box and he fired a shot into the top left corner to give us a 1-0 lead as we get on te board early and get the fans behind us
- In the 17th minute Holroyd one touched a pass to Bennet just outsde the six yard box and Bennett redirects it past the keeper for his first goal for Cambridge to give usa 2-0 lead
- In the 20th minute Quinton is taken down hard and looks like he may be seriously injured, he is replaced by Farrell at center midfielder
- In the 33rd minute Holroyd misses just wide left on a quick shot from inside the box and the score remains 2-0 and we are clearly in control so far
- Leses had just one decent chance in the remainder of the half and we go in leading 2-0 as Challinor and Bennett stand out as the top two players of the half

2nd half
- In the 54th minute Holroyd has some room on the left side of teh box and tried to go top far corner but missed just wide
- Convery in at right midfield to give Challinor a rest in the 76th minute
- In the 80th minute after much pressure McMahon got the ball in space on the left wing and hit Holroyd with a perfect cross; Holroyd one touched it into the goal for the 3-0 lead wich should wrap ths game up for us
- McAuley in for Bennett at centr midfield to give him a rest in the 81st minute
- Lewes mounted some offense for the rest of the game but nothing that tested Potter as we cruie to the 3-0 win

- Challinor is named man of the match to no real surprise as he looked dominant during the time he played before being replaced late in the game
Old 12-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #49
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 16, 2008

Conference League Cup North 3rd round draw today. We draw a home match against Barrow for November 4, 2008. We have played them one time this season and lost 3-2 at home.

October 18, 2008

We travel to play at Forest Green aswe face them for the first time this season.

We enter the game usng a 4-5-1 formation with Rendell still recovering. He could play but we would rather allow him another week to recover.

G - Potter
DL - Tonkin
DC - Coulson
DC - Bolland
DR - Gleeson
ML - McMahon
MC - Farrell
MC - Convery
MC - Beesley
MR - Challinor
ST - Holroyd

Subs: Quinton, Crow, Hatswell, McAuley, Bennett

- Potter has not allowed a goal in 214 minutes of play
- Farrell is making his 25th league appearance for Cambridge

1st half
- in the 21st minute defender Darren Jones pulled Holroyd down just outside of the box and is given a yellow card, another foot and it would have been a penalty kick, it is still a good freekick position
- On the ensuing free kick the ball is laid off to Tonkin wo ripped a shot off the crossbar in the upper right corner and the ball go cleared to keep the game scoreless
- In the 31st minute Holroyd took a pass slightly on the left wing an came towards the middle a little but fired a shot fro 30 yards out and hooked it into the left corner for the goal as we take a 1-0 lead
- We go into the half leading 1-0

2nd half
- In the 64th minute a cross from the left wing found midfielder Adriano Rigoglioso with a header to tie the game 1-1
- Challinor is replaced by Bennett at right midfield in the 64th minute
- Convery is replaced by McAuley at center midfield in the 64th minute
- We each exchange a couple of chances but nothing serious as the game ends 1-1

- Holroyd earns man of the match honors
Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #50
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

October 21, 2008

Potter and Bennett have been named to the Blue Square Premier Team of the Week.

Carden and Parkinson have both resumed full training, they will be ready for our next league match which is not for over a week.