Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL 2067 Offseason

Congrats to the champs, the Hammersmith Hooligans!

Here are the 2066 awards:

Gabriel Prado Award:

CL - Salvador Gutiérrez (Halifax Winter Wolves)

RL - Jorge 'Rottweiler' Vélez (Toronto Marlboros)

Hideaki Tanaka Award:

CL - Leroy 'Dixie' Winter (St. Petersburg Pelicans)

RL - Ed 'Rhubarb' Harris (Chico Rebels)

Benny Myers Award:

CL - Guillermo Martínez (St. Petersburg Pelicans)

RL - Ismael Ayala (Hartford Harpooners)

Commissioner's Awards:

CL - Leroy 'Dixie' Winter (St. Petersburg Pelicans)

RL - Tony Saldaña (Toronto Marlboros)

Best Fielders:

CL:
Pitcher: Norberto Medina (Baltimore Charm)
Catcher: Salvador Rolón (Apex Assassins)
First Baseman: Herb Jones (Baltimore Charm)
Second Baseman: Jorge Fernández (Tokyo Cyclones)
Third Baseman: Mathieu Rivard (Boston Settlers)
Shortstop: Simon Kettlewell (Tokyo Cyclones)
Left Fielder: Ánibal Molina (St. Petersburg Pelicans)
Center Fielder: Brian Jones (Baltimore Charm)
Right Fielder: Michael Davenport (Baltimore Charm)

RL:
Pitcher: Richard Chase (Hartford Harpooners)
Catcher: Ed Harris (Chico Rebels)
First Baseman: Tetsuzan Watanabe (Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines)
Second Baseman: John Legrow (Toronto Marlboros)
Third Baseman: Andrea Goro (Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines)
Shortstop: Chris Mosley (Hammersmith Hooligans)
Left Fielder: Héctor Guardado (Toronto Marlboros)
Center Fielder: Noé Brodeur (Hammersmith Hooligans)
Right Fielder: Bob Erwin (Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hitomaro Okamoto Joins the Hall of Fame
Sunday, November 7th, 2066: Hitomaro Okamoto played baseball a long time and he played it well. In recognition of his outstanding accomplishments, Okamoto has been voted into the Hall of Fame.

"There is so much to love about this game," the newest honoree said during his induction speech at the Front Office Offseason League Baseball Hall of Fame. "I couldn't imagine anything greater than my first major league game. Then I hit my first home run. Then the other landmarks came. But nothing tops today... to think that I made it to the Hall of Fame."

The legendary right fielder put up some impressive numbers. Okamoto played in 3527 games, compiled a .316 batting average, hit 837 home runs, drove in 2753 runs and scored 2433 times during his career.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hall of Fame Inducts Watanabe
Sunday, November 7th, 2066: 558 home runs, 3395 hits and 2075 RBIs are the stuff of legend, but Eiichi Watanabe doesn't see it that way.

"For me, baseball is about the team winning. I could have taken an 0-for-4 that day, but if our team won, I don't think you could have come into the locker room and been able to tell that I did not get a hit because the most important thing to me was that we won. That was what we intended to do when we took the field. That's what it was about."

Fortunately for baseball's newest immortal, he had far more good days than bad days. That's why Watanabe has been installed into the Front Office Offseason League Hall of Fame by the Baseball Writers Association. In his historic career the standout third baseman participated in 2708 games, batted .320, scored 1881 runs... and won a few games, too.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Will Hawkins Inducted into Hall Of Fame
Sunday, November 7th, 2066: Will Hawkins, a standout center fielder throughout his Front Office Offseason League career, has been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

During the induction ceremony, he credited the coaches, who taught him to play the game and the teammates, who taught him to be a professional.

However, the most important influence, Hawkins said, was his father.
"Pops never gave up on me," he said, "no matter how often I felt like giving up on myself.

In his 2098-game career, Hawkins hit .319 with 2589 hits, 460 home runs, 1595 runs scored and 1692 RBIs.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Aitken Latest HOF Legend
Sunday, November 7th, 2066: Today was an historic day in the life of pitching star, Jeremy Aitken. Today he was inducted into the Front Office Offseason League Hall of Fame and joined the ranks of baseball's elite.

Lifetime Aitken put up a won-loss record of 357-211, had an ERA of 3.41, struck out 5067 batters and held opposing teams to a .245 batting average. Aitken made 750 mound appearances and worked 5131 innings in his career.

During his induction speech, the talented hurler told the audience what he thought made him successful, "Less than a foot makes the difference between being the winning pitcher and the losing pitcher -- a hero and a bum -- and it can also be the difference between a short stint in the league, a ten-year career and making the Hall of Fame. Fortunately I was blessed with a strong arm, good movement and good location. Those few inches made a huge difference in my baseball career."

Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Man, if you're doing some catchup Hall of Fame posts (and big thanks if you are...), you're gonna have a ton of great players to induct.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Dola,

Just these four are huge additions. Four of the best to ever play in FOOL. Okamoto might be the best FOOL hitter of all time.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Man, if you're doing some catchup Hall of Fame posts (and big thanks if you are...), you're gonna have a ton of great players to induct.

I missed about 6-7 seasons there, so not going to be a huge rush of HoFers in, but for a few seasons, we'll have an extra inductee or two most likely until we catch back up.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Quote:
Okamoto might be the best FOOL hitter of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Hitomaro Okamoto Joins the Hall of Fame
Sunday, November 7th, 2066: Hitomaro Okamoto played baseball a long time and he played it well. In recognition of his outstanding accomplishments, Okamoto has been voted into the Hall of Fame.

"There is so much to love about this game," the newest honoree said during his induction speech at the Front Office Offseason League Baseball Hall of Fame. "I couldn't imagine anything greater than my first major league game. Then I hit my first home run. Then the other landmarks came. But nothing tops today... to think that I made it to the Hall of Fame."

The legendary right fielder put up some impressive numbers. Okamoto played in 3527 games, compiled a .316 batting average, hit 837 home runs, drove in 2753 runs and scored 2433 times during his career.

must've been fun!

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I missed about 6-7 seasons there, so not going to be a huge rush of HoFers in, but for a few seasons, we'll have an extra inductee or two most likely until we catch back up.

Was it just 6-7? I feel like we haven't seen them since about the time you got too busy to do the Village Idiot, and that was before Christmas, IIRC. Heck, Betancourt isn't even in the Hall yet, and he retired 20 seasons ago. Or did I miss his induction?

In any case, glad to see some new inductees. Thanks Alan!

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-05-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Was it just 6-7? I feel like we haven't seen them since about the time you got too busy to do the Village Idiot, and that was before Christmas, IIRC. Heck, Betancourt isn't even in the Hall yet, and he retired 20 seasons ago. Or did I miss his induction?

In any case, glad to see some new inductees. Thanks Alan!

Maybe my sense of time is off!

I forgot it is already May, where has this year gone??

Old 05-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Thanks Alan.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #13
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe my sense of time is off!

I forgot it is already May, where has this year gone??

I know, it's crazy how time just goes by.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time, getting exports now!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Chico's export I had the wrong file date on it.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Friday, November 12th, 2066
Hyannis Patriots: Signed SP D. Pinto to a minor league contract extension.
Hammersmith Hooligans: Signed 2B D. Meza to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,255,000.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed 3B J. Pérez to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $29,040,000.
Toronto Marlboros: Signed LF G. Daggett to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,040,000.
Thursday, November 11th, 2066
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed RF S. Herrera to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,590,000.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed C J. Johnson to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,175,000.
Wednesday, November 10th, 2066
Colorado Rancheros: Signed CF M. Garza to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $21,810,000.
Tuesday, November 9th, 2066
Colorado Rancheros: Signed C G. López to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $23,990,000.
Monday, November 8th, 2066
Hyannis Patriots: Signed SP J. Gillespie to a minor league contract extension.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed 2B Y. Gou to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $61,212,500.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Free Agency kicks off tomorrow morning.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #18
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

I'd like to apologize in advance to the team(s) that has one of their compensation players signed by me but gets the shaft with a 5th round pick, or even worse, nothing. I think I have offers out on 8 comp eligible players.

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 05-06-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A sad reminder that have one bad hell RL week and this game becomes less fun byebye Molina and Rivard qqqqqq
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #20
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
A sad reminder that have one bad hell RL week and this game becomes less fun byebye Molina and Rivard qqqqqq

I don't remember without looking but I don't think you have to worry about those guys with me.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #21
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post
I'd like to apologize in advance to the team(s) that has one of their compensation players signed by me but gets the shaft with a 5th round pick, or even worse, nothing. I think I have offers out on 8 comp eligible players.

eh. They'll get that sandwich pick, which is just about as worth it.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #22
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
eh. They'll get that sandwich pick, which is just about as worth it.

I forgot type b's provided a sandwich pick. Not sure what I was thinking.

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 05-07-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: I hate typing on my phone and then realizing mistakes
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time, getting exports now!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #24
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Friday, January 7th, 2067
St. Petersburg Pelicans: Signed free agent SS J. Valéncia to a 4-year contract worth a total of $52,100,000.

Friday, December 31st, 2066
Toronto Marlboros: Signed free agent 2B L. Márquez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $832,500.
Thursday, December 30th, 2066
Toronto Marlboros: Signed free agent MR T. Tanaka to a 1-year contract worth a total of $255,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent MR E. Freitas to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,785,000.
Wednesday, December 29th, 2066
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent CL L. Ramírez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $6,670,000.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent LF C. Serrano to a 2-year contract worth a total of $20,425,000.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent MR J. Fox to a 1-year contract worth a total of $5,627,500.
Monday, December 27th, 2066
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent SP P. Preston to a 6-year contract worth a total of $15,365,000.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent CL T. Feist to a 2-year contract worth a total of $9,090,000.
Sunday, December 26th, 2066
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent C J. Gómez to a 2-year contract worth a total of $14,450,000.
Saturday, December 25th, 2066
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent 1B D. Álvarez to a 2-year contract worth a total of $10,175,000.
Friday, December 24th, 2066
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent MR J. Villanueva to a 1-year contract worth a total of $700,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent LF F. Hidalgo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,547,500.
Thursday, December 23rd, 2066
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent 3B J. Gallegos to a 3-year contract worth a total of $11,392,500.
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2066
St. Petersburg Pelicans: Signed free agent MR E. Pottle to a minor league contract.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR R. Walsh to a minor league contract.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent 2B L. Winter to a 2-year contract worth a total of $14,605,000.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2066
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent SP C. Crowder to a 2-year contract worth a total of $9,435,000.
St. Petersburg Pelicans: Signed free agent CF T. Saldaña to a 6-year contract worth a total of $51,367,500.
Monday, December 20th, 2066
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR M. León to a minor league contract.
Toronto Marlboros: Signed free agent MR V. Durán to a 1-year contract worth a total of $255,000.
Sunday, December 19th, 2066
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR L. Jefferson to a minor league contract.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR Á. Macías to a minor league contract.
St. Petersburg Pelicans: Signed free agent 1B J. Barr to a minor league contract.
Toronto Marlboros: Signed free agent SP R. Chase to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,515,000.
Toronto Marlboros: Signed free agent MR D. Rogers to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,737,500.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent SP J. Gonzáles to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,955,000.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent 2B J. Asquabal to a 4-year contract worth a total of $4,370,000.
Saturday, December 18th, 2066
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent CL R. Dawson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $900,000.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent SP K. LeGrange to a 2-year contract worth a total of $7,220,000.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent SP T. Stewart to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,112,500.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent SP T. van der Mijl to a 2-year contract worth a total of $8,614,485.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent CL J. Humphrey to a 5-year contract worth a total of $25,712,500.
Friday, December 17th, 2066
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent RF S. Honda to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,647,500.
Thursday, December 16th, 2066
Hammersmith Hooligans: Signed free agent SP A. Ramírez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $277,500.
Tuesday, December 14th, 2066
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent SP M. Yang to a minor league contract.
Sunday, December 12th, 2066
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR A. McDonald to a minor league contract.
Saturday, December 11th, 2066
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR F. Ojito to a minor league contract.
Friday, December 10th, 2066
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR K. Kilbride to a minor league contract.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Offseason Retirements:

Spoiler

Old 05-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Spring Training and the Amateur Draft is tomorrow morning.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #27
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

As my last high draft pick for a while (I hope) I have not choice but to take Abbot with the #1 pick. I hate that he's 22 but hopefully he'll have some huge development jumps.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #28
spleen1015
Coordinator

Oh !

Did everything except the draft before exporting this morning.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #29
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's weird looking at the draft order this morning. The draft order in the game doesn't allow for the changes we make because of the playoffs. So it has me where my record has me...9th. I.E. 5 teams better than the champs.

I was wondering if that was the most teams that have finished better than the eventual champions in the regular season. Obviously, I am sure it would have happened with at least three teams better--we have to have had a situation where the worst record of the playoff teams won it all, which means three teams better. But two additional teams (in the other league obviously) that didn't even make it to the playoffs also had better records?

Heh... so how fortunate was I to pull it out this year?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #30
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
As my last high draft pick for a while (I hope) I have not choice but to take Abbot with the #1 pick. I hate that he's 22 but hopefully he'll have some huge development jumps.

I think I would do the exact same thing if I were you (not that that makes it right). Good luck with the guy!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time, getting exports now

Old 05-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Tokyo Cyclones: SP L. Abbott
Round 1, Pick 2 - Hyannis Patriots: CF K. Bélisle
Round 1, Pick 3 - Baltimore Charm: LF M. Walker
Round 1, Pick 4 - Hartford Harpooners: 1B R. Jenkins
Round 1, Pick 5 - Chico Rebels: CF K. Harper
Round 1, Pick 6 - Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: SS J. Mendoza
Round 1, Pick 7 - Toronto Marlboros: C P. Trottier
Round 1, Pick 8 - Boston Settlers: LF R. Sánchez
Round 1, Pick 9 - Hammersmith Hooligans: SP A. Ynequez
Round 1, Pick 10 - Apex Assassins: LF J. Jiménez
Round 1, Pick 11 - Chico Rebels: SP M. Pérez
Round 1, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: SP B. Barber
Round 1, Pick 13 - Napa Valley Winemakers: RF E. Zahir
Round 1, Pick 14 - Toronto Marlboros: 1B J. Santos
Supplemental Round 1
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 1 - Tokyo Cyclones: CF S. Ramírez
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 2 - Hyannis Patriots: CL O. Mora
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 3 - Chico Rebels: SS C. Yang
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 4 - Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: 2B A. Cruz
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: 2B J. Doering
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 6 - Toronto Marlboros: 3B J. Beaudry
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 7 - Toronto Marlboros: MR D. Brown
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 8 - Hammersmith Hooligans: SP R. Gómez
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 9 - Hammersmith Hooligans: MR C. Mueller
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: LF J. Yoder
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 11 - Colorado Rancheros: LF F. López
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 12 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: RF J. Salazar
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 13 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: C T. Covington
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 14 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: SP M. Reed
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: SP J. Arnold
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 16 - Colorado Rancheros: MR C. Wilson
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 17 - Colorado Rancheros: MR A. Villa
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 18 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR S. Pelton
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 19 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: MR L. Holden
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 20 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: SS M. Deschênes
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: RF M. Montero
Round 2, Pick 2 - Tokyo Cyclones: MR S. Ota
Round 2, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: MR W. Carter
Round 2, Pick 4 - Hartford Harpooners: SS V. Taylor
Round 2, Pick 5 - Chico Rebels: SP J. Ortíz
Round 2, Pick 6 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: MR L. López
Round 2, Pick 7 - Toronto Marlboros: MR S. Hirose
Round 2, Pick 8 - Boston Settlers: C K. Tu
Round 2, Pick 9 - Hammersmith Hooligans: MR G. Ramírez
Round 2, Pick 10 - Apex Assassins: CF A. Yuan
Round 2, Pick 11 - Toronto Marlboros: MR Y. Tsuji
Round 2, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: 1B H. Young
Round 2, Pick 13 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR G. Rhodes
Round 2, Pick 14 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: 3B K. Miyashita
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Hammersmith Hooligans: LF C. Qiao
Round 3, Pick 2 - Hyannis Patriots: MR D. Weber
Round 3, Pick 3 - Baltimore Charm: SS T. Daoust
Round 3, Pick 4 - Hartford Harpooners: CF W. Flynn
Round 3, Pick 5 - Chico Rebels: 3B R. Gelsthorpe
Round 3, Pick 6 - Hammersmith Hooligans: 1B J. Ikinya
Round 3, Pick 7 - Toronto Marlboros: 1B C. Wurtemberg
Round 3, Pick 8 - Boston Settlers: RF R. Márquez
Round 3, Pick 9 - Hammersmith Hooligans: MR G. Morales
Round 3, Pick 10 - Apex Assassins: MR F. Gómez
Round 3, Pick 11 - Colorado Rancheros: SP K. Kikuchi
Round 3, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: RF L. Bomba
Round 3, Pick 13 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR A. Ortíz
Round 3, Pick 14 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: RF M. Okumura
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Hyannis Patriots: SP B. Walker
Round 4, Pick 2 - Hyannis Patriots: CF D. McGregor
Round 4, Pick 3 - Baltimore Charm: CF S. Chong
Round 4, Pick 4 - Hartford Harpooners: SP J. Castro
Round 4, Pick 5 - Chico Rebels: C L. Gómez
Round 4, Pick 6 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: C P. Daley
Round 4, Pick 7 - Toronto Marlboros: MR J. Rodríguez
Round 4, Pick 8 - Boston Settlers: MR R. Samuels
Round 4, Pick 9 - Hammersmith Hooligans: CF D. Daniels
Round 4, Pick 10 - Apex Assassins: CL P. Muñóz
Round 4, Pick 11 - Halifax Winter Wolves: CF S. Koumura
Round 4, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: RF B. Snow
Round 4, Pick 13 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP A. García
Round 4, Pick 14 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: C J. Márquez
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Tokyo Cyclones: 1B A. Rodríguez
Round 5, Pick 2 - Hyannis Patriots: CF J. Smith
Round 5, Pick 3 - Baltimore Charm: SP A. Pagán
Round 5, Pick 4 - Hartford Harpooners: RF J. Lucero
Round 5, Pick 5 - Chico Rebels: MR C. Tien
Round 5, Pick 6 - Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: C E. Germán
Round 5, Pick 7 - Toronto Marlboros: 3B Y. Kouki
Round 5, Pick 8 - Boston Settlers: LF F. Hernández
Round 5, Pick 9 - Hammersmith Hooligans: LF D. Alvarado
Round 5, Pick 10 - Apex Assassins: CF R. Primmer
Round 5, Pick 11 - Halifax Winter Wolves: MR R. Ramírez
Round 5, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: RF N. Aspera
Round 5, Pick 13 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP M. Gómez
Round 5, Pick 14 - St. Petersburg Pelicans: SP J. Wilson

Old 05-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Monday, March 7th, 2067
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP H. Hatsutori to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $11,000,000.
Saturday, March 5th, 2067
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed 1B A. Banks to a minor league contract extension.
Friday, March 4th, 2067
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent CF M. Long to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,360,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent SP Á. Días to a 1-year contract worth a total of $747,500.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent SP N. Medina to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,060,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent MR J. Ríos to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,595,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent CF M. Davenport to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,960,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent MR P. Crespo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $802,500.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent 1B Q. Hsia to a 1-year contract worth a total of $472,500.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent SP O. Arévalo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,942,500.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: Signed free agent SS B. Xiu to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,862,500.
Thursday, March 3rd, 2067
Hammersmith Hooligans: Signed free agent 2B A. Ruíz to a minor league contract.
Hammersmith Hooligans: Signed free agent SS T. Nicholson to a minor league contract.
St. Petersburg Pelicans: Signed free agent SP C. Gómez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $150,000.
Hammersmith Hooligans: Signed free agent C J. Cruz to a minor league contract.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent LF Á. Molina to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,327,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent SP S. Carrillo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,422,500.
Hyannis Patriots: Signed free agent MR J. Rocha to a 3-year contract worth a total of $5,767,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent SP K. Watson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,340,000.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent 3B B. Starks to a 1-year contract worth a total of $877,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent MR E. Mosca to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,015,000.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent 2B K. Wada to a 1-year contract worth a total of $662,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent MR J. Grinaldo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,242,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent MR D. Naeem to a 1-year contract worth a total of $342,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent MR J. Bowen to a 1-year contract worth a total of $227,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent C J. Harris to a 2-year contract worth a total of $8,865,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent SP J. Mouwen to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,067,500.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent MR B. Rising to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,445,000.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent SS R. López to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,820,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent CF W. MacKay to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,500,000.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent SP A. Flores to a 6-year contract worth a total of $39,030,000.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent MR C. Bates to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,022,500.
St. Petersburg Pelicans: Signed free agent SP J. Fisher to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,230,000.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent C S. Lefebvre to a minor league contract.
Halifax Winter Wolves: Signed free agent MR Á. Arredondo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,865,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent SP R. Hudson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,972,500.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:09 AM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up! Have a good Mother's Day Weekend!

Monday evening is the 2067 Regular Season.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #35
spleen1015
Coordinator

If Belisle develops into his potential, you bitches are in trouble!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

whew...got FLores back and he's here til his arm falls off. GOt my catcher Harris back too as well as Molina back. Also won a good 2b/ss in Lopez to fill a sudden hole. Darnit I want Rivard back. Who has him? Wanna trade? SPent some major moolah. I need a drink.

LOL to counter last season when i got like 40 draft picks, this season i didn't get one until the 4th round haha.

What highlights in FA do you guys have?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #37
spleen1015
Coordinator

No FA highlights, but my trade put me $10 million over the cap.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

that's AWESOME!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
No FA highlights, but my trade put me $10 million over the cap.

Interesting; how do you plan to address that? Massive cuts?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #40
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting; how do you plan to address that? Massive cuts?

There's only 1 thing you can do.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I would hold Alan hostage until he let's you have extra cap
Old 05-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #42
Tasan
College Starter

I haven't felt this good about my team since 1988.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #43
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

how so? who'd ya get?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #44
Tasan
College Starter

My kiddos are working their way up in my system finally. I only signed a few fringe relievers and a back end starter, as well as a backup OF. I've got a handful of stud pitchers and a couple of very good hitters that are just about prime time to go along with the really good hitters I already have. I'm actually guessing that we contend but fall short this year, and then really challenge for everything the next season.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #45
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I am prepared to come in 3rd again. According to ALan's theory my playing of rookies too early makes me lose in April and May. But I don't think I have any rookies starting this year. It's more worrying about my oldbies declining now
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #46
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I am prepared to come in 3rd again. According to ALan's theory my playing of rookies too early makes me lose in April and May. But I don't think I have any rookies starting this year. It's more worrying about my oldbies declining now

I didn't say anything about playing of rookies. It was more clearly defined as playing of un-developed or under-developed players (which sometimes rookies are).

Of course those same players often could develop by the end of the season and give you a better boost later in the year compared to other teams... so....

Old 05-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #47
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

eaxctly. I really don't know what i'm doing it's all guesswork. I usually just listen to the coaching staff whether they think a player is ready. I often play rookies whose numbers aren't max yet cause the caoch tells me to. And the thing is even underdeveloped, they'd be better than guys I find in free agency at times. How much do you guys listen to the coach minor leaguie report for how to move minor leaguers up thru the system?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #48
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Have you taken a look at him now?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #49
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Have you taken a look at him now?

Yep! If things shake out like I'm hoping the threesome of Abbot, Descalzo, and Kimura should wreck the CL for a few years. That said, they still need to bump the control up a bit.