Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

ESPN.com to launch "Heat Index"

It's a good thing the NBA doesn't air games on ESPN or this might be a conflict of interest .. oh wait.

Quote:
ESPN.com to Launch “The Heat Index” Oct. 11

Posted by Nate Smeltz • October 4, 2010

Digital Home of Season-Long Miami Heat Coverage

ESPN.com will launch The Heat Index, a special section devoted specifically to daily, season-long coverage of the Miami Heat and their new superstar core of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, on Monday, October 11. The Heat Index will be housed under the ESPN.com NBA section and will include in-depth editorial coverage (columns and blogs), video, audio, automated modules, social media elements, photo galleries and other multimedia offerings.

Editorial contributors to The Heat Index:

* Brian Windhorst – formerly with the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, Windhorst is one of the leading authorities on LeBron James. Windhorst has written two books about James and has covered him since middle school. Windhorst has been the Cavs beat writer/blogger for seven years and has won awards from the U.S. Basketball Writers Association and the Associated Press. Windhorst will be based in Miami as one of two regular beat writers assigned to the team.
* Michael Wallace – Wallace has been the Miami Herald’s Heat beat writer for the previous three seasons and is an experienced sports and news reporter. Wallace, an award-winning writer, will team with Windhorst as regular Heat beat writers covering the team daily throughout the season.
* Kevin Arnovitz – in addition to his role as managing editor and contributor to ESPN.com’s TrueHoop Network, Arnovitz will provide digital media content and edit portions of The Heat Index.
* Sebastian Martinez-Christensen – Martinez-Christensen will be a regular contributor to The Heat Index. He formerly served as a multi-lingual columnist and contributor for ESPNDeportes.com, a reporter for ESPN Deportes (radio and television) and ESPN Deportes La Revista magazine.

Among the features of the Heat Index:

* breaking news surrounding the Miami Heat;
* coverage of every Heat game and team practice;
* constantly updated aggregation of all ESPN stories regarding the Heat;
* Chase for 72 – an automated, daily forecast of how many games the Heat will win including ESPN.com’s John Hollinger projecting the odds of the Heat matching the Chicago Bulls’ record of 72 wins;
* Tracking the Big 3 – an automated tracking of how James, Wade and Bosh stack up against the best trios in NBA history;
* Heat Tweets – a module that collects tweets from Heat players and fans;
* complete video, podcast and story contributions from ESPN reporters Marc Stein, Chris Broussard, Chad Ford, Chris Sheridan, John Hollinger and Ric Bucher;
* Heat content from ESPN TV analysts;
* Hollinger Stats – automated applications featuring Hollinger’s analytics on the Heat team and players;
* Hollinger’s All-Time Power Rankings – a ranking pinning the Heat against the NBA’s all-time great teams;
* Triple-Double Tracker – a module tracking James’ progress towards averaging a triple-double for an entire season;
* Hoop Schemes – basketball analysis and video breakdowns by TrueHoop’s Arnovitz;
* video analysis by Scout Inc.’s David Thorpe;
* live chats during each Heat game involving Heat Index contributions;
* a Heat Index Facebook page;
* photo galleries of Heat players and celebrity fans;
* The Scene – Jemele Hill covering the culture, scene and lifestyle angles tied to South Beach as it relates to the Heat and the buzz surrounding the team;
* contributions from athletes, including former Heat players, and celebrities who live in South Florida and are regulars at Heat games.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Easy Mac

What about Jack?

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
rjolley
College Starter

I think it's ESPN's goal to make the Heat one of the most hated teams in the NBA as an effort to boost ratings. Sorta like WWE does when it creates its superstar-laden heel factions.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So is it called Heat Vision or Heat Index?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So is it called Heat Vision or Heat Index?

Damn you. I was in the process of scoping out my Michigan Vision for this weeks game and I must say it is fucking awesome. Never the less.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Glad the NBA isn't a superstar driven league because it really helps with the overall parity of the league where any team could win.

Ohh... wait... nevermind.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
bhlloy
Coordinator

And the NBA continues it's slow descent from legit major sports league to a sports entertainment program willing to do anything for a quick buck. No conflict of interest here at all, move along.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
whomario
Pro Starter

The story of Brian Windhorst is definitely something. His career has been almost exclusively centered around writing about Lebron James, starting when he was in HS (now guess what HS Windhorst went to a couple years earlier ?) and then became Cavs beat writer when James got drafted.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

So essentially D-Wade did a major turn to heel.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

blow me espn
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
blow me espn

They're too busy blowing the Heat.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
JediKooter
Coordinator

What about the Clipper Caravan?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
What about the Clipper Caravan?

I was thinking the "Buck Byline"
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
SnowMan
High School Varsity

The Sonic Scoop....wait...damnit...
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #15
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

This is fucking disgusting.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I was thinking the "Buck Byline"

If it's done by Joe Buck, I'm burning my TV.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #17
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

f*ck ESPN, each year i hate the NBA even more and part of that is the way espn cover the sport. if it wasnt for MNF or mls games i wouldnt bother with the channel
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #18
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Didn't realize Windhorst did a heel turn too.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #19
RainMaker
General Manager

Wonder what "The Herminator" thinks about it.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #20
RainMaker
General Manager

It's also apparent that the writers are not allowed to talk negatively about Lebron or the Heat. When "The Decision" came on, they made a couple small remarks about how he could have done it better, but otherwise Bill Simmons was the only one I remember who shredded it. They in fact had Marc Jackson on to tell everyone how he had his kids watch to show them how a real man handles things and how Lebron was an inspiration (I'm not joking!).

We've also seen everyone trash Lebron and his cronies for the stupid racism remark. ESPN avoided it and they actually had someone write an article in support of it and J.A. Adande wrote something similar too.

ESPN is just an entertainment and marketing company, they are not news in any way any longer. They are the marketing firm in charge of Lebron James. I'm fine with it as long as they stop trying to pretend to be journalists over there. They aren't.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #21
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think we could find a better time for 2 or 3 torn ACLs.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #22
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

time and place!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #23
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Grizzlies Groove

Make it happen.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #24
Groundhog
Coordinator

I just threw up in my mouth.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #25
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I just threw up in my mouth.

dont get any on Lebron!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #26
Mantle2600
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I could honestly care less about the NBA but I hope they all get Bernie madoff'ed and Nancy kerrigan'ed

Browns. Cavs. Tribe. Buckeyes. Period.
Mantle2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #27
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

To be fair, they have a Tiger Woods tracker called Tracking Tiger they've had for years, as he pursues Jack Nicklaus' record. It's just giving people what they want or following intriguing storylines as a national publication/media outlet. If the Heat win, it's interesting and if they don't? Still interesting.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #28
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm not quite seeing the 'conflict of interest' angle. Unless ESPN is also letting Stu Scott ref these games or something.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #29
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
I'm not quite seeing the 'conflict of interest' angle. Unless ESPN is also letting Stu Scott ref these games or something.

Well, he can have one eye on the game and one eye on the teleprompter.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #30
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
It's the pretending to be a news organization. The Heat Tracker is fine as a marketing gimmick. If NBA.com put it up to promote their product, great. But ESPN pretends to be a news organization and that's a huge conflict of interest. You have to be impartial when it comes to news and offer balanced coverage.

It's like when ESPN started showing Arena Football. Magically all those highlights made it on to SportsCenter when they hadn't been shown for years. There has to be seperation between entertainment and news. ESPN doesn't have that.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #31
molson
General Manager

ESPN's always paid extra-super attention to those teams and athletes and events they felt they could sell the best. I don't think they have ever claimed some journalistic duty to cover every team equally. I remember them once pointing out that well over half of their viewing audience (and their best demos in terms of youth and affluence) was in the eastern time zone, so the "east coast bias" made complete sense.

In the early days of ESPN, they helped make college basketball bigger because that was the only major sport they could afford to carry. Since they had it, they treated it like a big deal, and pretty soon - it became a huge deal. I don't see the moral issue with that (though I certainly can understand why people wouldn't want to buy what ESPN sells).

Last edited by molson : 10-04-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #32
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
But ESPN pretends to be a news organization

They're a for-profit business, never seen them claim to be anything else. Their interest in "news" extends only so far as it's profitable & anyone who doesn't grasp that is too fucking stupid to own a television.

FTR, I think you grasp it, you just don't like it.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #33
Atocep
Coordinator

Following up my post on enjoying the heels in pro wrestling I'd just like to say I'm a big Heat fan this year.

The amount of completely irrational hate being thrown at this team makes me hope they win 73 and a title this year.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #34
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
They're a for-profit business, never seen them claim to be anything else. Their interest in "news" extends only so far as it's profitable & anyone who doesn't grasp that is too fucking stupid to own a television.

Oh I know what they are in business for. I grasp exactly what they are doing. They should do whatever they feel is best for their business. I'm just saying I'd rather be saved the "we're a news organization" or "we're real journalists" crap they spew all the time.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #35
Groundhog
Coordinator

I hope Lebron, Wade and Bosh all stay healthy. I then hope they are defeated in the playoffs, while healthy. No excuses.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #36
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Following up my post on enjoying the heels in pro wrestling I'd just like to say I'm a big Heat fan this year.

The amount of completely irrational hate being thrown at this team makes me hope they win 73 and a title this year.
They aren't good heels though. The Pistons and Knicks were good heels. The Patriots running up the score on everyone was a good heel.

Outside of Wade, the other two are failure famewhores who couldn't be succesful on their own. They created an All-Star team because they were talented enough to make their own teams better. Good heel teams bring out hate in fans. I remember despising those Bad Boy teams for what they did to Jordan. I don't despise the Heat. They're just some pathetic guys who trampled their own legacies.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-05-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:33 AM   #37
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I hope Lebron, Wade and Bosh all stay healthy. I then hope they are defeated in the playoffs, while healthy. No excuses.
There will always be an excuse. Elbows, depth, teammates not playing well enough, etc. This is a different generation man.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 AM   #38
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
They're just some pathetic guys who trampled their own legacies.

Sorry, this is bullshit. There's far more to it than that. Just look at some comments on this forum over the 24 hours or so.

Quote:
Not sure who I'll control, but I know my first move. I'll move Lebron will be deleted from my association. If I'm forced to replace him, it'll be with a scrub.

I have to deal with Heat garbage in the real NBA, I won't deal with it when I'm just trying to have some fun playing a game.

Quote:
I don't think we could find a better time for 2 or 3 torn ACLs

Quote:
I could honestly care less about the NBA but I hope they all get Bernie madoff'ed and Nancy kerrigan'ed

This is all because they trampled over their own legacy? I'm not buying it and it's hatred like this that makes a great heel.

I can understand Cleveland fans hating Lebron and cheering against the Heat because of it. I can understand current players hating it because they have to play against them. For everyone else, if you're on Skip Bayless' side on an issue it's time to do a self examination.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #39
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Sorry, this is bullshit. There's far more to it than that. Just look at some comments on this forum over the 24 hours or so.

This is all because they trampled over their own legacy? I'm not buying it and it's hatred like this that makes a great heel.

I can understand Cleveland fans hating Lebron and cheering against the Heat because of it. I can understand current players hating it because they have to play against them. For everyone else, if you're on Skip Bayless' side on an issue it's time to do a self examination.
Well we're talking about heels, not whether people dislike the guys. There is more to a good heel than just being disliked.

Good heels and good rivalries come naturally. This is all artificial. It's not just about winning, it's how it's done. Their winning means much less than any normally constructed team. They can win 80 games and it still isn't as impressive as Jordan's 72. They can win multiple titles and it's not as impressive as what Kobe did.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-05-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #40
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Not to mention that the first GD letter in ESPN stands for ENTERTAINMENT. TMZ brings you news too, it doesn't mean they're a news organization.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #41
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's just a ploy to make Kobe the most beloved player in the NBA.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #42
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Well we're talking about heels, not whether people dislike the guys. There is more to a good heel than just being disliked.

Good heels and good rivalries come naturally. This is all artificial. It's not just about winning, it's how it's done. Their winning means much less than any normally constructed team. They can win 80 games and it still isn't as impressive as Jordan's 72. They can win multiple titles and it's not as impressive as what Kobe did.

You do realize that they have not bounce a ball in competitive play yet right? I actually get all the hate. If you gave me the choice between this and the irrelevancy of the last few years, I will take this every day of the week. But trampled their legacies? What legacy did Chris Bosh fuck up by going to the Heat? Oh I remember, he was well on his way to.....well...... I'll get back to that. Dwyane Wade's legacy? This POS had the absolute gall to resign with the team who drafted and the team that he won a title with.

Let's move on to the real problem. Let me put everyone at ease. LEBRON JAMES SCREWED THE CAVS. Forget all this crap about how he had the right to go where he wanted. By not returning to the Cavs, he screwed that entire franchise and he was going to be hated for it. What I can't figure out is how the rules seem to shift from before "The Decision". The choices was clear. Loyalty to the Cavs, or going to a better situation somewhere else. Legacy and being the alpha dog on the team never seem to come into the equation.

You talk about this team being artificial but there is more than one team going that will be artificial this year. Remember, this was the year of the salary cap room. It was something many teams (and fan bases) were happy with. For most, it was good strategy. In fact that strategy was used by several teams this summer. So as long as the Heat beat the other "artificially" teams and wins titles, I could care less about their collective legacy.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #43
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Ya, I'm rooting for either a 73+ win season or a less than 50 win season. Those would deliver entertainment value. I have no "hatred" of them at all - all they did was pull of a major offseason talent aquisition (and managed to get guys who were willing to give up a lot to put that together.)

This kind of "super-team" really isn't that difficult to put together in the NBA if you have players willing to do it. And these three are the only ones in recent times to actually try it. That's almost admirable in a way.

"The Decision" was nauseating, but I'm over it. LeBron didn't screw the Cavs. They had LeBron and couldn't win - they're kind of a failed franchise.

Last edited by molson : 10-05-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #44
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Ya, I'm rooting for either a 73+ win season or a less than 50 win season. Those would deliver entertainment value. I have no "hatred" of them at all - all they did was pull of a major offseason talent aquisition (and managed to get guys who were willing to give up a lot to put that together.)

This kind of "super-team" really isn't that difficult to put together in the NBA if you have players willing to do it. And these three are the only ones in recent times to actually try it. That's almost admirable in a way.

"The Decision" was nauseating, but I'm over it. LeBron didn't screw the Cavs. They had LeBron and couldn't win - they're kind of a failed franchise.

1z - Cleveland 6121.744-35-626-1512-438-14102.195.6+6.5Lost 44-6
2y - Orlando 5923.720234-725-1610-639-13102.895.3+7.5Won 69-1
3x - Atlanta 5329.646834-719-228-832-20101.797.0+4.7Won 47-3
4y - Boston 5032.6101124-1726-1513-333-1999.295.6+3.7Lost 23-7
5x - Miami 4735.5731424-1723-189-732-2096.594.2+2.3Won 39-1
6x - Milwaukee 4636.5611528-1318-2310-631-2197.796.0+1.7Won 16-4
7x - Charlotte 4438.5371731-1013-2810-627-2595.393.8+1.5Lost 16-4
8x - Chicago 4141.5002024-1717-2410-628-2497.599.1-1.6Won 37-3
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #45
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
1z - Cleveland 6121.744-35-626-1512-438-14102.195.6+6.5Lost 44-6
2y - Orlando 5923.720234-725-1610-639-13102.895.3+7.5Won 69-1
3x - Atlanta 5329.646834-719-228-832-20101.797.0+4.7Won 47-3
4y - Boston 5032.6101124-1726-1513-333-1999.295.6+3.7Lost 23-7
5x - Miami 4735.5731424-1723-189-732-2096.594.2+2.3Won 39-1
6x - Milwaukee 4636.5611528-1318-2310-631-2197.796.0+1.7Won 16-4
7x - Charlotte 4438.5371731-1013-2810-627-2595.393.8+1.5Lost 16-4
8x - Chicago 4141.5002024-1717-2410-628-2497.599.1-1.6Won 37-3

All I see there is proof that the regular season in the NBA doesn't matter.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #46
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I will probably pay as much attention to ESPN.com's "Heat Index" as I do to ESPN.COM's ESPN.Boston/New York/Dallas and whatever, which is to say "absolutely zero."

ESPN is really easy to ignore. Sure, I watch college football, NFL football and the college football highlight show with Mark May, Lou Holtz and that other guy, but that's about it. Oh, I will watch Sports Center, but only when I am staying at a hotel.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #47
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
You do realize that they have not bounce a ball in competitive play yet right? I actually get all the hate. If you gave me the choice between this and the irrelevancy of the last few years, I will take this every day of the week. But trampled their legacies? What legacy did Chris Bosh fuck up by going to the Heat? Oh I remember, he was well on his way to.....well...... I'll get back to that. Dwyane Wade's legacy? This POS had the absolute gall to resign with the team who drafted and the team that he won a title with.

Let's move on to the real problem. Let me put everyone at ease. LEBRON JAMES SCREWED THE CAVS. Forget all this crap about how he had the right to go where he wanted. By not returning to the Cavs, he screwed that entire franchise and he was going to be hated for it. What I can't figure out is how the rules seem to shift from before "The Decision". The choices was clear. Loyalty to the Cavs, or going to a better situation somewhere else. Legacy and being the alpha dog on the team never seem to come into the equation.

You talk about this team being artificial but there is more than one team going that will be artificial this year. Remember, this was the year of the salary cap room. It was something many teams (and fan bases) were happy with. For most, it was good strategy. In fact that strategy was used by several teams this summer. So as long as the Heat beat the other "artificially" teams and wins titles, I could care less about their collective legacy.

I don't hate the Miami Heat organization. Of course they were going to try to do what they ended up doing. Good for them.

I despise and I mean despise what it's done to the league. I seriously hate Lebron James. He quit on the city of Cleveland last year. His last two games against the Celtics were despicable. It was almost like he was trying to look for a way out of Cleveland than to actually win with them.

I just hope it becomes a train wreck. That's the only reason I'll even watch the NBA the next few years, hoping against hope that this thing blows up in his face so much that no other group of players will ever try it. I don't think I'll get my wish. I think the Heat will win 70+ games one year. I think they'll win multiple titles. But I will hope against hope it doesn't happen.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #48
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I don't hate the Miami Heat organization. Of course they were going to try to do what they ended up doing. Good for them.

I despise and I mean despise what it's done to the league. I seriously hate Lebron James. He quit on the city of Cleveland last year. His last two games against the Celtics were despicable. It was almost like he was trying to look for a way out of Cleveland than to actually win with them.

I just hope it becomes a train wreck. That's the only reason I'll even watch the NBA the next few years, hoping against hope that this thing blows up in his face so much that no other group of players will ever try it. I don't think I'll get my wish. I think the Heat will win 70+ games one year. I think they'll win multiple titles. But I will hope against hope it doesn't happen.

What Troy said.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #49
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

Dwyane Wade strains hamstring as Miami Heat open preseason - ESPN
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #50
TroyF
Coordinator

Just to be clear, I never have or will cheer an injury. I hope James doesn't get his wish of a title and this thing blows up, but I won't take any joy in seeing any of the three have blown out knees to get my wish. (if karma has a gripe with any of the three, it'd be James to get the injury anyway, not Wade)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote