Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Fan falls to his death at Soldier Field

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...ier-field.html

November 28, 2010 6:55 PM | BREAKING STORY
By Carlos Sadovi

A man in his 20s died this afternoon after he fell out of Soldier Field and landed on a roof-top on the west side of the stadium, officials said.

The incident happened at about 4:55 p.m. as the Bears and the Eagles were playing, according to Chicago police and Fire Department officials. No one else was injured.

Chicago Fire Department Chief Joe Roccasalva said the man fell about 20 feet and landed on a small rooftop on the west side of the stadium near Lake Shore Drive. He was taken in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he was later pronounced dead at about 5:24 p.m., officials said.
Witnesses told emergency personnel that they saw the man run up to a ledge and jump.

Chicago police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien said that police are conducting a death investigation. He said the man may have fallen from as high as 50 feet. The Cook County medical examiner's office is investigating.

tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
kingfc22
Head Coach

Add that to the two year old that fell 20-30 ft following the Warriors/Lakers game at Staples a week or so ago.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
molson
General Manager

There was also a Rutgers fan that took a tumble down some stairs at a game - he was in critical condition for a while but I guess he lived
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
RainMaker
General Manager

Been to Soldier many times and can't think of away to fall the way he did. Unfortunately I feel like alcohol will end up playing a role in this.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Been to Soldier many times and can't think of away to fall the way he did. Unfortunately I feel like alcohol will end up playing a role in this.

Quote:
Witnesses told emergency personnel that they saw the man run up to a ledge and jump.

The above would certify this assessment of alcoholic beverages and mind impairment.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
The above would certify this assessment of alcoholic beverages and mind impairment.

I think alcoholic beverages definitely will be involved in some ways (we are talking about a football game here, after all), but I have never seen drunk people turn suicidal. They're more likely to accidentally fall over the edge of the wall than they are to take a running leap. That last suggests this guy was either intentionally suicidal or on something a lot more hallucinogenic (and illegal) than just alcohol.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
RainMaker
General Manager

It could also have just been a really bad accident. Someone doing something they probably shouldn't have been doing and it ending in this. A young lady fell to her death in a hotel near Halloween. Alcohol was not a factor and it was just a case of just not making the best decision.

Teacher dies in fall from Palmer House stairwell - Chicago Tribune
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote