Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2011 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League! (And we're off!)

Opening Day!

Draft has been saved in Yahoo! Make sure to set your lineups!

Opening Day is in a couple of days. We have now set each round to 2 hours for the remainder of the draft.

We will start the soft, live draft. Everyone needs to check tomorrow morning as the first pick tomorrow morning will have 2 hours (until 10am ET), like if we were coming off of a normal pick made after 9pm. We'll then be on the standard 6 hour clock with the 1/2 hour morning provisions (see rules). Also, please PM the person who is after you for the first 5 rounds as this will help alert people to their turn.

We have a full league and the draft order has been posted. Draft will start on 03.09

Signups are underway!
  • If you are a returning team, put in your team name and draft number.
  • If you want to be added to the waiting list, put your team name

Please wait to sign up until indicated. Still working on posts below. If you aren't familiar with either of my leagues (this one or Alternate Rules Football), there's one huge thing: Keep in mind the schedule: You have to check it a couple of times a day every day for about 3 weeks or be willing to put in a list. If you can't keep up with that, don't join

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-31-2011 at 09:47 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2011 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League House Rules

Who Can Join
Preference goes towards members who were in the league last year. Now through midnight of Tuesday Mar 1st (let's say 12:01am on Tuesday), they are the only ones who can join. Anyone else is put on the waiting list.

Signing Up
IF YOU ARE RETURNING, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PUT A NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST. I have saved a text file to my desktop with 12 numbers that will determine the draft order. I will take whatever the last number is.

Draft Format

The draft will take place in this thread once the league has been set up. It is a snake draft. With a couple of name free agents out there, we're probably going to wait another week or two. If nothing changes, we'll start drafting the morning of Wednesday March 9th.

There are 6 hour time limits between the hours of 8am ET and 10pm ET on weekdays. Hopefully we don't have to enforce this but we almost always have to a couple of times during the draft.

If you had more than an hour the previous night (the previous pick was made at 9pm), you get 1 hour in the morning (until 9am) to make your pick. If you had less than an hour, you have 2 hours in the morning (until 10am). We have to keep this moving and we need everyone checking every night and every morning if it's near their turn.

On weekends, we'll just go with a standard 6 hours with no morning/evening provision but let's try to keep things moving.

If there are problems in that you know your pick is coming up but you won't be online, submit a list either to myself or to a proxy drafter for you. Otherwise, you will get the next player on Yahoo's list. Maybe pick someone who is on the opposite end of the draft from you so that you likely won't be grabbing from the same pool of players anyways.

Opening Day is Thursday March 31st- It's quite early this year! If the draft is not complete by Wednesday March 30th at noon, we will have a quick live draft via AIM to complete the draft on Wednesday March 30th, starting at 7pm CT. Anyone who won't be able to make that will need to submit a list to me, a proxy, or have a proxy in chat (who is not in the league) to finish out their team.

If you miss more than 2 picks in the draft (i.e. time limit expired so a Yahoo rankings pick), particularly in the first 10 rounds, then you can be replaced as manager.

I hate to lay down some of these rules but we're going to be drafting over 250 players so we need to get it done in a timely fashion.

IF YOU CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THIS SCHEDULE, DO NOT JOIN.

Rule Changes
Still no way to make the playoffs two weeks in Yahoo, unfortunately. So it's not an option.

I went with the same 7 categories and same IP limits as I think they were ok once people got used to them. If you're new to the league, it's a weekly scoring system with a minimum of 42IP between 5 SP, 2 RP, and 1 P (either SP or RP). If you do the quick math, that means you need 7 IP in 6 starts to get there or else you might lose all of your pitching points for the week. This keeps people from stacking their team with a cheap ace or two to stack the rate stats and ignore the counting stats while concentrating on hitting for the rest of their early draft.

I was sticking with divisions unless someone had any objections. In fact, I was going to try to keep returning teams in their same divisions to have some continuity unless we want to just randomize it again. I don't see any major reason for or against it. As I said last season, we still have 6 playoffs teams advancing and beyond the division winners, they just pick the top 4 teams, regardless of division. That means it's pretty much superficial unless somehow the strongest 6 teams are all in one division.

Any other rule changes anyone wants?

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2011 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League Yahoo Rules

Setting Value
League ID#: 104747
League Name: FOFC Hardcore
Password: dola
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo..../fofc_hardcore
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: August 14, 2011
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Innings Pitched: 42
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 10 days from Sep 19 to Sep 28
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-26-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2011 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Draft Order

Remember - if you're from last year, put your team name and number. I have a list of numbers on my desktop which is the draft order (no, if you pick 1, you don't pick 1st- you pick in whatever order #1 is on that list).

If you're on the waiting list, don't post a number yet.

Draft Order
01. Boiler Up (PurdueBrad) - 10
02. Hartford Heroes (samifan24) - 08
03. Rockville Centre Crush (Ramzavail) - 03
04. Indianapois Iguanii (sterlingice) - 02
05. Roadkill Cafe (Danny) - 04
06. ALL IN (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding) - 06
07. Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826) - 07
08. CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan) - 11
09. Hunters (Travis) - 09
10. BabaBooeys (Suicane75) - 01
11. Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) - 05
12. Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) - 12

---OLD INFO---

Numbers (Bold Means they have joined Yahoo)
01 {Team_Name} (Suicane75) - IN!
02 Indianapois Iguanii (sterlingice) - IN!
03 Rockville Centre Crush (Ramzavail) - IN!
04 Roadkill Cafe (Danny) - IN!
05 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) - IN!
06 The ozzinators (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding) - IN! (ALL IN)
07 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826) - IN!
08 samifan24's team (samifan24) - IN! (Hartford Heroes)
09 Hunters (Travis) - IN!
10 Boiler Up (PurdueBrad) - IN!
11 CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan) - IN!
12 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) - IN!

Waiting List

N/A

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-09-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2011 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Draft

Draft posted at the below address:

2011 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Draft

Updated thru: 27.7

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-29-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2011 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Introduction

My life always seems to be in transition at the time of these darn drafts, both for the Alternate Rules Football League (2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005) and for this league, but, once again, I'm just going to go ahead with it.

For those unfamiliar, the FOFC Baseball League is going to be in its 6th season (2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006) and returning owners get precedence over new owners. However, there are usually a couple of teams that don't return and inactive teams are barred from continuing. Last year, only Toddzilla's team went inactive so everyone else has a spot.

Basically, there's a slow live draft that goes on for about 3 weeks. You have to check a couple of times a day to keep things moving or risk losing your spot (and getting kicked out of the league). That's the biggest thing: if you cannot commit to the time commitment for the draft: don't bother joining. This leads to a very active league as everyone feels like after investing the time into their team, they want to keep up with their team. Once the draft is done, there's not much maintenance for the league but the draft is a giant, upfront time sink.

-The Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) beat Jockitch (Ramzavail) who has strung together two upsets in the playoffs to reach the finals from the #6 spot
-Big Mac's Special Sauce (lighthousekeeper) gets a bittersweet 3rd as he would have beaten both teams in the finals and wasn't there because of Jockitch's 8-7 upset the week before
-Fremont (kingfc22) takes the consolation bracket while Troy (MizzouRah) takes 9th in an 8-8 match decided by tiebreakers

-Went with a quick, live draft so the thread was pretty short
-Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) repeated for the title, dominating all year long, and, again beating the 6th seed in the finals. This time it was the Hunters (Travis) who took 2nd with a deep playoff run.
-The #3 seed Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) defeated #2 Spleen Machines (spleen1015) for 3rd.
-Big Balls (BillyNYC) and The Cover Team (Toddiec) tied in the consolation bracket finals

-There were two huge stories to this season. Hunters (Travis) led wire to wire and cruised to an easy win of the league in the playoffs.
-However, the season was not without drama as the Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) had an epic 2nd half run, being in 11th at the All Star break, but closing extremely strong including an 11-1 final week to squeak into the playoffs as the 6th seed. As in the first two years of the league, the #6 made the finals, but Hunters was just too strong.
-The #2 seed Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) beat #4 Go Get 'Em Tigers (allpro10050) for 3rd place, and I quote from the original thread: "on some sort of tiebreaker I can't figure out. "
-Yellow Jacket Envy (Kevin D) won the Consolation bracket that was more of a war of attrition as 4 teams went inactive in the 2008 season

-Hunters (Travis) repeated as champions, this time defeating Queen Bees (Ramzavail) for the title. They were the #3 and #4 seed respectively so the #6 did not make a crazy run
-#1 seed Hartford Heroes (samifan24) defeated #2 seed Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) after both lost to lower seed in the previous week.
-Two league veterans faced off for the consolation title as #11 Richmond Rhinocerii (sterlingice) beat the #8 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) for that title

-#3 Road Kill Cafe (Danny) took the title in an upset riddle playoffs. Ramzavail took 2nd for the 3rd time in league history with his #5 Queen Bees.
-For the second year in a row, the top seeds lost the week after their byes. #1 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) beat #2 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826) for third place.
-#7 seed Hartford Heroes (samifan24), who only missed out of the playoffs by 4 games across the entire season, won the consolation bracket

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-26-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, any returning teams may post here, put their name and a number, and join the league in Yahoo.
Anyone wanting to be put on the waiting list, also post here

As I mentioned in the previous thread, I'm going to be out of town from Wednesday morning through next Monday night so there won't be any action until next week. But it would be nice to get everyone signed up.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-26-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey SI-

I would love to be added to the waiting list.

PurdueBrad
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Much like ozzie guillen and the 2011 white sox, I am all in.

The ozzinators (I Will probably change this!)--#6
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
Danny
Head Coach

I am in to defend my title

Roadkill Cafe #4
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Troy Trojans - #5
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to join the league and get this error:

Quote:
There was a problem
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)
Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
Travis
Pro Rookie

Back for another run. #9 please.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
Travis
Pro Rookie

Got the same error as MizzouRah
Old 02-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's kindof goofy. PM me an email address and I'll invite. Not sure why it's doing this

SI

Old 02-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, it looks like I have to do invites because of the whole franchise thing starting this year in Yahoo

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-26-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
Ramzavail
College Starter

Queens Bees are back (but I'm changing my team name since I no longer live in Queens, changing it to the Rockville Centre Crush) #3
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks SI, I'm in.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #19
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm back in. #8 please. samifan24's team (for now).
Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #20
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Insomniacs are back and will take #7
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #21
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I've sent invites to Travis, Danny, and MizzouRah.

Everyone else, I need a PM with the email address you are using for this league so I can invite you back to your team.

I sent out a couple of other emails using the ones entered last year, but I have no idea if you're still using those same email addresses. So, again, I need a PM with an email address so I can invite you if you are getting an error joining the league. I would have thought with the same Yahoo account, you could take the same "franchise" but I don't quite get it yet.

BTW, those of you changing team names- I just left them as before with this whole franchise thing. Just change the name when you join up.

SI

Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
Ramzavail
College Starter

I'm in.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #23
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Insomniacs are all signed up and ready for the draft.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:41 AM   #24
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Looks like all 8 here have joined. I've sent out 3 more PMs to 3 more possible members (including PurdueBrad, who was on the wait list).

That means we have 1 spot open still for a new member. For those who haven't played before, we don't have a ton of openings each year and the core group seems to stay pretty intact. So, if you want to get in, this year is a good chance.

I can't check too much today while at work but I'll check tonight and invites will go out in order of posts here to be included on the waiting list. Remember to look at the draft rules- it's a pretty hefty time commitment.

SI

Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #25
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'm in for another year... looking forward to the draft!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #26
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

CleBrownsfan and PurdueBrad have gotten league invites

CBF picked number 11
PurdueBrad, when you join, I'm going to need a team number

We also still have 1, possibly 2 spots open for anyone at FOFC

SI

Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #27
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Totally missed this until now - and I am definitely returning. I will send you a PM, SI!
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm signed up SI and I'll take team number 10
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #29
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Wow Brad so that makes three leagues we are in together. Care to make a friendly lunch wager?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #30
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I can't seem to see the league on my list either, so I will wait for an invite to rejoin.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #31
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Wow Brad so that makes three leagues we are in together. Care to make a friendly lunch wager?

I don't know about the friendly part, but I'll definitely make a lunch wager. Just remember, now that the doctor has me on the steroids again, I'm an eater! In fact, this just makes me hungry:
Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #32
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Invites have been sent to everyone who has asked. We have one spot left. I'll be on the road all day today so I won't be able to check, tho

SI

Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #33
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

In and signed up - wooo baseball!

Being my 3rd year in the league, I hope to continue my upward swing (4th in '09, 3rd in '10)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #34
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, we're a team short so we're still looking for one more. I'll be in transit tomorrow so I may not be able to check

But, yeah, we're a team short and looking for one more before starting the draft.

SI

Old 03-07-2011, 02:51 AM   #35
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'll jump in if I'll be had.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I'll jump in if I'll be had.

Yes!

Let the draft begin!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #37
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Suicane75, PM me with an email address and a number (either 1 or 2) and I'll send you a league invite and post the draft order. Be sure you've read up on the style of the draft as it will take the next 3 weeks to complete and make sure you can keep up.

FYI Everyone- I'll be traveling today so no guarantee that I can get this all put together today. We'll probably be looking at tomorrow with a starting day of Wednesday for the draft.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #38
Suicane75
Coordinator

PM Sent.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #39
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Not sure how Suicane will be able to keep up. He just became CFO of a major bank. So proud of him.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #40
Suicane75
Coordinator

I have assistants.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #41
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Invite sent. I'll post the draft order shortly.

SI

Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #42
Suicane75
Coordinator

BabaBooeys are in it to win it.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #43
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Through the power of Excel's random number generator, here is your draft order:

10 Boiler Up (PurdueBrad)
08 Hartford Heroes (samifan24)
03 Rockville Centre Crush (Ramzavail)
02 Indianapois Iguanii (sterlingice)
04 Roadkill Cafe (Danny)
06 ALL IN (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding)
07 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826)
11 CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan)
09 Hunters (Travis)
01 BabaBooeys (Suicane75)
05 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah)
12 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic)

I have entered it in Yahoo.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #44
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Awesome middle of the pack where I like to be. Ooo big pressure on Brad the #1 pick, better get it right buddy.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #45
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

SON OF A !
Old 03-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Well since we have a full league now couldn't do an informal start to the draft? Sorta take your time no one will yell at you if you take more than 6 hours that's okay? Just asking.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #47
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'll gladly take sidebets based on regular season record with anyone interested.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #48
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well since we have a full league now couldn't do an informal start to the draft? Sorta take your time no one will yell at you if you take more than 6 hours that's okay? Just asking.

Look at you, trying to hurry me already!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #49
Danny
Head Coach

Damn, I don't think Joba Chamberlain will still be there when I pick.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #50
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Awesome middle of the pack where I like to be. Ooo big pressure on Brad the #1 pick, better get it right buddy.

No crap. Seventeen leagues I've done and I've never picked higher than 3. My last two leagues now, #1 pick overall. I'm still stressing/sweating my expansion pick in one of my other leagues and now this.

I will be ready to pick tomorrow morning if you guys think we should start early. If not, I have no problem holding off a day. This pick seems like a no-brainer (which means I'll find a way to screw it up) but I think that also means I have to pick somebody that, although I respect them, I hate them too. Why can't any of my Pirates ever be good enough to be the #1 pick?

Would Lyle Overbay be too much of a reach here?