Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2003, 10:52 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Postal 2

well I finally got a chace to check out postal 2. First off let me state that this game is sick, very sick.

The premise is pretty simple, you have some simple errands to run its not that hard, or is it?

This game is a fps shooter for the PC. The graphics are done nicely, but nothing that will give ya a wow experience. They did a good job skinning the models too. All of the girls have big boobs which is always a plus in my fantasy worlds.

Most of the sounds are nice, but they should have added more variety. A metal shovel would sound different hitting wood, than it would metal.

Gameplay is pretty easy, it has all the things you would expect from a fps. It also has an inventory so you can carry around some things.

This game really is good for a few laughs, but I think the reptitiveness of the missions will get old quickly. There is only so many times you can piss on some chick before it gets old.
Did I mention you can piss on people? You can also set them on fire.

My biggest complaint was the load times, each section of the map has to be loaded, which on my 1.4ghz takes upwards of 45 seconds. It can be annoying when your not exploring.

Overall I give this game a 7. It is pretty fun to do all the things in game that are unique but once the newness of it wears off, this game is just a simple fps.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Agreed.

I'm nearing the end of the missions (I'm on Friday's tasks) and I find myself not trying out as much stuff as I did on Monday and Tuesday. Not to say it gets boring, because each day brings different tasks and weapons, but I've done about all you can do to the random person on the street.

The dialog is cute, though, at one point in the game you get knocked out and awaken dressed in 'The Gimp's' leather outfit ala Pulp Fiction...and all the NPC's on the street notice the change and respond accordingly.

I've heard of an 'enhanced mode' that provides more to the game (like Mafia's enhanced mode, maybe?), but I'm not sure what you need to do to get access to it.

I rated it a 7, as well.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

I believe I heard there's absolutely no hit location factor in the game, is this true? What I mean is shooting someone in the head 3 times does the same damage as shooting them in the leg, etc..
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:24 PM   #4
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis
I believe I heard there's absolutely no hit location factor in the game, is this true? What I mean is shooting someone in the head 3 times does the same damage as shooting them in the leg, etc..
From my experience, it depends on distance and the weapon. For instance, medium range shotgun to the body isn't too effective....medium range shotgun to the head is even less effective because of the spread. Short range shotgun to the body does some damage, but you'll need a second shot....shot range shotgun to the head = exploding head.

The pistol seems to work as you describe, though, but to be honest I can't say for sure...

Last edited by VPI97 : 04-24-2003 at 04:26 PM.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote