Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-26-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

FOFC Christmas Loot Thread

One of my favorite things each year is hearing what everyone got for Christmas, so here's the thread again.

For me:

-Books, including expanding my Haruki Murakami, Kazuo Ishiguro, and Alexandre Dumas collections, and picking up some Japanese modernists
-A bunch of Magic booster packs. No planeswalkers, but some other awesome pulls that will result in a huge overhaul of my main deck.
-Dragonshield sleeves, Planeswalker deck boxes, and a toploading portfolio album. Hugely important for creating more decks and organizing stuff.
-Some Dolphins clothes, including an awesome black zipup hoodie.
-A few stocking caps to go running in
-A Japanese grab bag and some Japanese candy, including what appears to be pumpkin Kit-Kats
-Stein's Gate complete series and True Detective Season 1, both on Blu-ray
-A couple gift cards that will probably be used for Magic stuff, and maybe Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #2
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I accidentally opened a box, not knowing who it was for, and it was a pressure cooker. We realized that it was from my mother-in-law and started using it right away. Antmeister makes this awesome chicken that'ss so good, we call it "Crack Chicken".

My favorite gift so far.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #3
timmae
College Starter

Pumpkin kitkats... yumm! Japan is so much further ahead on the crazy candy concoctions. Love 'em..

My wife and I are haflway through our gift exchange as we are doing a gift a day and have gotten a little behind but so far I have received a great book on Chicago (The Third Coast), some coffee from South Carolina that came in a ready to drink mason jar and also in a concentrate, and a Mies van der Rohe t shirt. Got cash from my parents (yay!) along with a new Stormy Kromer hat for winter. My mother in law is on a QVC kick (flashlight, phone charger and GB Packer light up decal). My bother in law got me a workbench vise that I will now get to built a work table bench for (another yay!).

I'll be shopping for a propane garage heater, LED worklights and sawblades today or tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
lungs
Pro Rookie

The flu
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

FIFA 15
COD AW

Gift cards:
Lion's Choice
Jimmy John's
Subway
Amighetti's
iTunes
Steam
Gamestop
NHL.com

Mizzou polo shirt, Mizzou jacket, many Adidas socks and a really nice Adidas sweatsuit.

Some lottery scratch offs.. which I won $20 and $200 in cash from my mom.

I got my wife a Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet and I'm not sure she's going to get to use it much.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-26-2014 at 08:22 AM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I got my wife a Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet and I'm not sure she's going to get to use it much.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Old 12-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
-A Japanese grab bag and some Japanese candy, including what appears to be pumpkin Kit-Kats

Damn you!!

I got my annual replacement underwear and PJ bottoms (Wife likes me topless in PJ pants)
A new Toaster oven, since I ran the old one into the ground
A new set of Golf Clubs, golf shoes, balls and gloves, hooray!!!
Some Nikes
A new BBQ utensil set
Clothes
Itunes
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We did a ps4 as a family gift and FIFA to go with it. A few other games for he kids. My mom got us a two bottle membership to Coopers Hawk wine of the month club and me a Fitbit.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #10
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I got yelled at
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
Easy Mac

Things I actually got on Christmas:
dress socks
athletic socks
$100 amazon
Amazon Prime

Things I previously purchased that were essentially for Christmas:
24" TV ($50)
HDMI soundbar ($31)
Kindle Fire TV sticks ($20 each)

Also got a Roku at my wife's Christmas party.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #12
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I got yelled at

back story pls k tks
Old 12-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #13
Comey
College Starter

The opportunity to be back in PA for the first time in three years
A Surface Pro 2
Camera
Clothes
Tickets to Neil Degrasse Tyson
A great framed picture (tickets, clothes and picture from my gf)

I'm still hoping to find a cheap ticket to Nashville. If anyone has any extra frequent flyer miles laying around (or know where I can find some), or have any tips on finding a cheaper ticket (I'm looking into standby at the moment), I'm game.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #14
Grover
Pro Starter

Girlfriend and I are buying a house, so my parents went that route for us.

From them:
Snowblower
241 Piece Tool Set
Screwdriver Set
Painting Supplies (bucket, tray, rollers, brushes, drop cloth, etc)
Stud Finder (tested it on self, works)
Flashlights
Step Ladder
Shovel

From the girlfriend:
Hosmer shirsey
Fables Vol 1 & 2
Dali clock
Slippers
PJ pants

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #15
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
back story pls k tks

+1
Old 12-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #16
Alf
Pro Starter

My Perfect Christmas

- annual perfume replacement
- a classy shirt
- a bottle of one of the finest whiskies : "Hakushu", the japanese one. <--- Very much appreciated
- a nice dinner and evening with the family (unvaluable)
Old 12-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #17
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I accidentally opened a box, not knowing who it was for, and it was a pressure cooker. We realized that it was from my mother-in-law and started using it right away. Antmeister makes this awesome chicken that'ss so good, we call it "Crack Chicken".

My favorite gift so far.

It sounds like you stole someone's present. Not very Christmas-y, Grinches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
The flu

You should return that.

Quote:
I got yelled at

You too.

Last edited by Bobble : 12-26-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #18
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

wife and I had agreed we would not be giving each other gifts but she surprised me with the simplest gift, a pair of pajama/leisure pants from WM, you know the Bazinga printing all over from Big Bang Theory. They're amazingly comfy, best gift in a long time.

My mom gave me a hoodie from my alma mater's sports team, Université Laval Rouge et Or. Also amazingly comfy and looks very good.

FM
Old 12-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #19
Desnudo
Coordinator

Gibson Guitar with Rocksmith 2014. Unfortunately it only came in right-handed so a left-handed Fender is on the way. My family avoids being tortured for another three days.

A couple of very comfortable Patriots hoodies that are the Josh McDaniels special.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #20
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
A couple of very comfortable Patriots hoodies that are the Josh McDaniels special.

I usually never say that because I believe being jealous of what others have is just a waste of energy but I'm gonna say this for you: I'm really jealous!

FM
Old 12-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #21
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

What makes this Patriots hoodie a Josh McDaniels special?

Is it a hoodie that only appears to be special while you work under Bill Belicheck but is significantly less special elsewhere?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #22
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
I got yelled at

The airing of the grievances is for Festivus, not Christmas.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #23
SackAttack
Head Coach

Parents gave me a Visa gift card. Used it to pick up a handful of console games, notably Dragon Age: Inquisition.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My wife got me a USC helmet that has a holder for business cards and pens, a USC wood carving for my man-cave, some jeans, and a few new shirts. I got a cute little Eagles' bear that has a football in a throwing motion on his hand from our 6 year old daughter.

The best gift was seeing Mary's eyes light up as she opened all of her gifts. Her favorites were tickets to Disney on Ice presents "Frozen" tomorrow in Philly as well as a princess Lego castle that we spent about 5-6 hours putting together yesterday and today (priceless time together.) Lots of other gifts she loved too including Donkey Kong for the Wii U and 2 new Frozen dolls and a few different Frozen outfits
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #25
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Got a Blues hat with my NHL.com gift card and picked up GTA V for XB1 today with my Gamestop gift cards.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #26
Suicane75
Coordinator

The best gift I got this year was my moms reaction to the gift I got for her. In 1983 she went to a Christmas show put on by a group called World Of Life Collegians. At the show she bought an album of the songs they performed. It's been 20 years since she lost the album and all of her friends from that time, including her best friend, are dead.

Well for the past 10 years or so she has from time to time mentioned how much she misses hearing that album this time of year and I searched high and low looking for that album for years now. Finally found it this year and bought two copies, one used and one new.

Well on Christmas morning I hauled out my record player, shooed her to another room, and set it up. She was standing out in the kitchen when I put the record on and the moment the first note hit I heard her scream "Oh my god"! Then she walks into the living room trembling. Over the entire day I think she played it a good 15 times, breaking down into tears of happiness/sadness over and over. It was emotionally draining just watching her, but well worth it.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #27
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
The best gift I got this year was my moms reaction to the gift I got for her. In 1983 she went to a Christmas show put on by a group called World Of Life Collegians. At the show she bought an album of the songs they performed. It's been 20 years since she lost the album and all of her friends from that time, including her best friend, are dead.

Well for the past 10 years or so she has from time to time mentioned how much she misses hearing that album this time of year and I searched high and low looking for that album for years now. Finally found it this year and bought two copies, one used and one new.

Well on Christmas morning I hauled out my record player, shooed her to another room, and set it up. She was standing out in the kitchen when I put the record on and the moment the first note hit I heard her scream "Oh my god"! Then she walks into the living room trembling. Over the entire day I think she played it a good 15 times, breaking down into tears of happiness/sadness over and over. It was emotionally draining just watching her, but well worth it.

Wow, just wow...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #28
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I almost cried reading this.. well done!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Awesome, Suicane.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #30
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

So my wife got me two trash cans, underwear, and two cases of Milky Way candy bars, because she noticed I hadn't gotten any from the store in quite a while.

Why, that's because of the type 2 diabetes diagnosis, dear. Thanks.

My father in law decided to get gift bottles of Jameson for his sons and I, but my wife helpfully pointed out that I don't drink. She suggested that I could use some new jumper cables, so that's what he bought me.

I, of course, have jumper cables. But now we have jumper cables for her car, too.

I adore my wife, but this year is a bit of a mulligan on the part of the loot.

(More importantly, we got to be the cool aunt and uncle and get the toys our niece and nephew played with all day long. )
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:13 AM   #31
Suicane75
Coordinator

Thanks guys. I was so happy for her that I didn't even mind listening to her sing all day.

And I feel your pain shakespear. I got 3 packages of socks and 2 pairs of slippers from different people, all of which I know will not fit my giant effin feet.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:27 AM   #32
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

- Channellock wrench
- Toaster oven
- Mike Ditka bobblehead
- Plantronics wireless earbuds
- Old spice gift set
- kitchen towels
- sandals
- bears winter hat

And my brother bought myself and my other brother a trip to Vegas with him. Kind of a big gift but it was meant as a thank you for all the help we had given him over the years while he was getting his PHD. Basically loaned him a decent chunk of money and now that he's out and has a nice job at a pharmaceutical company, he wanted to thank us.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #33
Edward64
Head Coach

Outdoor/hiking solared powered charger for USB devices
New fishing rod
Amazon gift certificates
Glock G19
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #34
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks guys. I was so happy for her that I didn't even mind listening to her sing all day.

Great Christmas present, that was cool.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #35
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

More clothes as I wait for my board game haul to finally ship. I like the clothes I got, but it was more of the same. Next time I'll be more specific in terms of what clothes since people by default get me more of it. I even mentioned getting a Amazon gift card would be a nice stocking stuffer and yet nobody got me one.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #36
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:

And I feel your pain shakespear. I got 3 packages of socks and 2 pairs of slippers from different people, all of which I know will not fit my giant effin feet.

I ask for socks for Chritmas. I got three heavy socks for Christmas.

Asked for and received: Socks, a thermos double wall water bottle, earbuds, underwear, and house mocs

Also got:
Two books: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson and Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
Assortment of KCups
Cologne
Winter Coat
Shirts

I always ask for stuff I need/want that I don't/haven't bought for myself. Usually very affordable stuff. I hate people spending a lot of money on me that should probably be better used elsewhere. Nobody in my family should be spending a lot of money on Christmas so ymmv depending on your families situation. So I'm pleased
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #37
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
What makes this Patriots hoodie a Josh McDaniels special?

Is it a hoodie that only appears to be special while you work under Bill Belicheck but is significantly less special elsewhere?

When wearing it I have the strange urge to assemble my family into an empty backfield shotgun formation even if we only need to walk three feet.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #38
timmae
College Starter

Damn suicane... That is best son of the year award material there. I can't even see your ass end from my spot in line!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #39
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

That is beautiful, well done!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #40
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

What an amazing thing you did for your mom.