Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2016, 10:15 PM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

Madden 17 (part 2)

Because it seems jbergey broke the last thread (the page ends with his post. Nothing shows up for me after it).

Started using BYU's sliders to test them out. Except, I keep having fumbles taken for easy TDs so I set that to zero to see what would happen. Not a damn thing. My team fumbled the ball four times.

I also stopped controlling the defender like BYU. I just suck at playing the defender and was killing my team.

CLE (1-5) 17 - CIN 15 (3-3)

CIN Andy Dalton - 25/41, 359 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT (2 fumbles)
CLE Cody Kessler - 17/22, 240 yards, 1 TD (screen pass), 0 INT

CIN Giovani Bernard - 13 att, 18 yards
CLE Charles Sims III - 19 att, 88 yards

CIN Brandon LaFell - 12 rec, 175 yards, 2 fumbles
CLE Charles Sims III - 5 rec, 97 yards, 1 TD

AJ Green was in the game for me, but he's been hurt and this was his first game back. He dropped the first two passes his way, so I sorta just kinda stayed away from him. He did have 2 rec, 7 yards.

My first FG attempt was blocked. It feels like the game decides beforehand that a kick will be blocked. The same happened to me on a punt. When the ball is snapped, the kicker/punter moves in slow motion. As soon as the play starts, I can tell a block is coming. Not because a player comes free, but because my kicker takes forever to get moving.

Second FG attempt hit the uprights.

Andy Dalton fumbled the ball as he was going over the goalline. Touchback for the Browns. That happened with ~4 minutes to go. I stop them a get the ball back. Long pass to LaFell is completed at midfield, but then he fumbles and the game is over.

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:17 PM   #2
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Yes I did. Sorry about that. I tried to post a video of glitches and it made that thread go completely haywire. Wouldnt let me fix the video, edit the post, or delete the post. Very strange.

From what I am seeing the stats look very solid this time around. I havent made the decision to buy yet as the last 3-4 version combined Ive put in less than 10 hours of game time.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 08-30-2016 at 10:28 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:37 PM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
From what I am seeing the stats look very solid this time around. I havent made the decision to buy yet as the last 3-4 version combined Ive put in less than 10 hours of game time.

That's about where I'm at with my line of thinking. I missed a version or two within the last 4-5 years, but have probably clocked around 9-10 hours total.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:40 PM   #4
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Because it seems jbergey broke the last thread (the page ends with his post. Nothing shows up for me after it).

Started using BYU's sliders to test them out. Except, I keep having fumbles taken for easy TDs so I set that to zero to see what would happen. Not a damn thing. My team fumbled the ball four times.

I also stopped controlling the defender like BYU. I just suck at playing the defender and was killing my team.

CLE (1-5) 17 - CIN 15 (3-3)

CIN Andy Dalton - 25/41, 359 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT (2 fumbles)
CLE Cody Kessler - 17/22, 240 yards, 1 TD (screen pass), 0 INT

CIN Giovani Bernard - 13 att, 18 yards
CLE Charles Sims III - 19 att, 88 yards

CIN Brandon LaFell - 12 rec, 175 yards, 2 fumbles
CLE Charles Sims III - 5 rec, 97 yards, 1 TD

AJ Green was in the game for me, but he's been hurt and this was his first game back. He dropped the first two passes his way, so I sorta just kinda stayed away from him. He did have 2 rec, 7 yards.

My first FG attempt was blocked. It feels like the game decides beforehand that a kick will be blocked. The same happened to me on a punt. When the ball is snapped, the kicker/punter moves in slow motion. As soon as the play starts, I can tell a block is coming. Not because a player comes free, but because my kicker takes forever to get moving.

Second FG attempt hit the uprights.

Andy Dalton fumbled the ball as he was going over the goalline. Touchback for the Browns. That happened with ~4 minutes to go. I stop them a get the ball back. Long pass to LaFell is completed at midfield, but then he fumbles and the game is over.

I'm kinda still having fun with this but your experiences here jive with mine. Way too many fumbles. Kick blocks too often and completely telegraphed, especially seemingly in big situations. And the drop off from starters to backups in case of injury just doesn't feel that big. Pretty sure Tom Savage is leading the league in passing in my franchise and I get torched by mediocre receivers just as much as I do good ones.

I'm also seeing way, way too many passes to the TE. Seattle had Graham and Helmet (know that's not his name, but too lazy to look up) both go way over 100 yards on me. Lots of TE in the top 20 in the league in passing.

Oh, also the CPU seems to love putting players with long term injuries into my lineup as auto subs. I'm even pretty sure that I've seen guys on the IR come into the game at some point.

I don't want to be negative all the time about this game, but I can feel myself losing interest. It's just not a solid enough football sim. It's fun, and it's the best Madden in a long time, but I don't think I'll still be playing in a month.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:01 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

If you want to reduce the number of fumbles, I believe you raise the slider not lower it to 0. I think it said that the higher the number is the less fumbles will occur.

Edit to add: I used a slider set with it at 55 and I was only seeing about 1 fumble per game. However, if I tried to throw it away with my QB at the last second or ran with him and it didn't slide, then I was getting more fumbles.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-30-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:14 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
If you want to reduce the number of fumbles, I believe you raise the slider not lower it to 0. I think it said that the higher the number is the less fumbles will occur.

Oops.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:49 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

Edit to add: I used a slider set with it at 55 and I was only seeing about 1 fumble per game. However, if I tried to throw it away with my QB at the last second or ran with him and it didn't slide, then I was getting more fumbles.

Quote:
Oops.

Answered in the other thread, but this try 58 for human
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:51 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

I'm also seeing way, way too many passes to the TE. Seattle had Graham and Helmet (know that's not his name, but too lazy to look up) both go way over 100 yards on me. Lots of TE in the top 20 in the league in passing.

I was concerned about this, but it may relate to talent, (hoping) played against Giants today and their TE was their 4th leading receiver.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:30 PM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Play in the moment is so freaking cool... plus you get realistic injuries using this mode.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Yes I did. Sorry about that. I tried to post a video of glitches and it made that thread go completely haywire. Wouldnt let me fix the video, edit the post, or delete the post. Very strange.

It's an EA conspiracy to prevent the glitches from being posted. Conspiracy I say!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Results from games 3 and 4

Vikings 20 Giants 13

Total: 347/267
Rushing: 159/34
Passing: 188/233
First Downs: 15/13
Turnovers: 1/2
Sacks: 4/4
Penalties: 2-10/6-45

Individual
Hill: 16-27 217, 1 TD, 1 Int
Manning: 21-33 266, 1 TD, 1 Int

Peterson: 22-158, 1 TD
Vereen: 13-35

Diggs: 6-97
Harris: 5-44

One of the best games yet with this edition, Giants scored a TD on their first possession on a long drive, we countered when AP busted a 73 yard TD run off on our first possession, then it was a defensive slugfest. I finally scored to go up 17-13 with just under 2 minutes left, picked Manning off and added a field goal.

Vikings 36 Texans 13

Total: 352/387
Rushing: 88/54
Passing: 264/333
First Downs: 10/21
Turnovers: 1/2 (both fumbles for Houston)
Sacks: 3/0
Penalties: 3-20/3-25

Individual
Hill: 10-14 143, 1 TD, 1 Int (got injured and Stave was 5-7, with an 80 yard TD pas to AP
Osweiler: 29-51 355, 1 TD, 0 Int

Peterson: 23-81
Miller: 11-47

Diggs: 3-36, 1 TD
Hopkins: 8-96

A couple of firsts for the new version in this game as Jarick McKinnon took a kickoff back 96 yards for a TD and Houston recovered an onside kick against me. Despite getting no sacks, JJ Watt was completely disruptive in the running game and I finally quit running to his side. Special teams and field position on turnovers lead to the blowout. Also cool to see Houston abandon the run when Miller got hurt and they got down big.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 09-01-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

New Madden Patch out today. Here are the fixes:

Pre-snap glitch where you could tell a pass/run by whether the receivers had a name listed or not
•Fixed a bug with prematurely showed incoming rookie ratings in franchise mode
•White against white jerseys appearing in Head to Head games
•Freezing during MUT Solos should be fixed
•The Force Defender was tuned to lower effectiveness on outside runs
•Blocker occasionally not blocking in the hurry up offense
•Strip Tackle attempts by the CPU were reduced (Percentages were tuned in recent Gameplay Tuner)
•A desync issue with Play Action passes where the QB would either lose passing icons or could not move has been fixed. This fix should also affect CPU QBs not scrambling.
•Defenders will now slow down when their stamina is depleted
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:37 AM   #13
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

My practice CFM with the Steelers continues.....

- My team is only 1-2 at the moment and every game has only been separated by less than a TD. All very exciting, some too exciting

- Stats continue to look very good in my opinion, everything seems reasonably realistic.

- In some games, the passing game is on fire, while other times its the running game, I like the variety.

- FG kicking continues to be my Achilles heel...just can't master it so I continue to Sim those.

- CPU clock management is still a question mark at times. When they are leading at the end of the game, still seems to want to throw the ball more than any team should in that situation. Leaves the door open for me on a comeback.

- In the games I have lost, the CPU has had final marches down the field on me, stealing victories from me

- Injuries, not sure about these yet. I am getting some of them, but always seems they are severe (players miss multiple games) versus just a few plays here and there. I wish besides a frequency slider, they had a severity slider too. Keep losing star players from my team, latest was A. Brown to ruptured back discs for 8 weeks. And I am still disappointed the game does not appear to allow Offensive Lineman to get injured, in real life they seem to get injured the most.

- I did have one crazy game post patch and it involved the CPU punting game. On every punt, the CPU could not kick it further then 10-15 yards. It would go straight up and straight down. Weather was not a factor since I had no issues myself. Needless to say I had great field position, but I still lost the game
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #14
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Had another good game, although not as close as previous, beat the Chiefs 30-17, getting to .500 for my season. Alex Smith had a purposeful "Keeper" which he took to the endzone from 15 yards out, good to see that. Strangely, saw again the punting issues...seems like when CPU punting around midfield, they are trying to put too much air into the ball and resulting in 15-20 yard punts. Never saw that before the patch, wonder if anything changed.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #15
sabotai
General Manager

Got impatient and simmed ahead to the end of the season when I was 5-5. I thought I was headed to a .500 record or there about, so I wanted to get to the offseasn. My team ends up winning its last 4 games to go 10-6. I played the playoff games.

I beat San Diego (11-5) 28-10 in the first round. Jacksonville turned out to be a juggernaut in my game. They finished 14-2. I won 24-23, thanks in large part to a pick 6 in the 3rd quarter. Bortles outran my DEs and my LBs had trouble catching him on the option plays. (Bortles? Yes, Bortles). They also had the #1 defense in the league.

Lost the conference championship to Kansas City in a shootout 41-34. We had the ball on their 4 yard line with 4 seconds left. The pass was incomplete and KC goes on to the Super Bowl and lose to the NY Giants 30-24.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:13 PM   #16
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

My season is turning around, beat the Jets and now I am on a 3 game winning streak....interesting thing happened in this one...Jets about my 30 yard line on 4th down, with about 10 to go for first down.....they line up for FG....I relax to watch....and wow....they pull the fake FG out of the playbook and score a TD....no more sleeping on FG attempts

Injuries still continue impacting me...lost two more players to multiple week injuries...I may need to reduce the injury slider.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #17
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

UGH....bad CPU game calling at its worst, just cost me another game. 4th QTR, time running out...I throw a pass deep in the end zone...no catch, but pass interference called. I get ball on 1 yard line, no time left (clock expired during the pass) down by 1 point. Since I can't kick FGs worth a darn, I supersim the next play....CPU decides its better to go for touchdown in that case, doesn't make it...team loses.

Looks like I need to stop allowing the CPU to kick my FGs, seen at least 2-3 bad decisions like this in obvious FG situations.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #18
korme
Go Reds

I got home from the bar last night and threw 9 interceptions with Shaun Hill. This game is accurate.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #19
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

0-7 with the Chargers.. my dirty plan is working!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #20
sooner333
College Starter

Ordered the game and should receive tomorrow. It seemed like people were enjoying the game here, and I was kind of excited to play with MIN and Bradford/Peterson (as an OU fan), so I went ahead and bit the bullet.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:55 PM   #21
sabotai
General Manager

Not sure if I'm somehow lucky and unlucky, or if this is now an issue, but I'm now finding it it ridiculously easy to complete deep passes, and I'm finding it impossible to stop the AI from completing deep passes. I'm still using the sliders BYU posted in the other thread, and at first they gave me a good game, but as the tuner files(s) keep getting updated, it's throwing things off. Over the last week or two, things have gotten out of control with the deep passing and I'm not sure what to do to fix it.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:09 AM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure if I'm somehow lucky and unlucky, or if this is now an issue, but I'm now finding it it ridiculously easy to complete deep passes, and I'm finding it impossible to stop the AI from completing deep passes. I'm still using the sliders BYU posted in the other thread, and at first they gave me a good game, but as the tuner files(s) keep getting updated, it's throwing things off. Over the last week or two, things have gotten out of control with the deep passing and I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

I have some new ones because of this

All-Pro
Speed parity - 62
Fatigue - 56
Injuries - 50

Hum/CPU
QB - 25/25
PB - 32/20
WR - 60/60
RB - 44/70
Fum - 54/53
PDR - 44/42
INT - 28/28
PC - 74/68
Tackling - 52/52

Special teams
FGP - 51
FGA - 32
PP - 50
PA - 72
KO - 50

Penalties
Offsides - 60
False Start - 64
Holding - 60
Def Hold - 56
Facemask - 50
Def PI - 55
Off PI - On
Block in Back - 50
Roughing - 50
Old 10-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #23
sabotai
General Manager

Thanks. I'll give them a try.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #24
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Fwiw, the game is 19.99 on Amazon today.

https://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-17...SB04DZ83V&th=1
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote