Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Evidently there's been 'progress' made........

This is the moment we all knew would come. 'Progress' has been made........or he's just getting tired of the lack of endorsements.

Brandon Marshall cites 'progress' in police talks in revealing why he'll no longer kneel during anthem

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

That's a really nice statement by Marshall.

He seems to be willing to put his money where his mouth is and to speak up when it may not be the most popular thing to do. I think we can all take something from the optimism of his words here.

Last edited by digamma : 11-07-2016 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Different Brandon Marshall
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
This is the moment we all knew would come. 'Progress' has been made........or he's just getting tired of the lack of endorsements.

Brandon Marshall cites 'progress' in police talks in revealing why he'll no longer kneel during anthem

I have zero idea what many of the other athletes who have knelt for the national anthem have done off the field. The only reason I know Brandon is because I'm a Broncos fan and I follow the goings on with the team.

Two quick things:

1 - I disagreed with his kneeling. Still do. He has a right to do it, I have a right to disagree with it. We all get our say.

2 - As I know what he's done, let me recite some of it. He met with the Denver Chief of Police. He met with many other city of Denver police officers. He knew he would lose endorsements and yet he stepped up his charitable donations right from the start. He works with a lot of organizations which believe in his cause, no just the one he posted about when he ended his stance. He never complained about the loss of his endorsements. He knew it was part of what would happen with his stance and he accepted it.

I'm not saying we should all cheer for Brandon Marshall. I am saying this isn't a guy who ended this so he could regain popularity or get more endorsement deals.

Last edited by TroyF : 11-07-2016 at 11:40 AM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Previously, I've enjoyed hearing him speak on issues like depression and mental illness. He seems to be willing to put his money where his mouth is and to speak up when it may not be the most popular thing to do. I think we can all take something from the optimism of his words here.

Different Brandon Marshall here. Not the WR, the LB.

Last edited by garion333 : 11-07-2016 at 11:43 AM.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #5
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Different Brandon Marshall here. Not the WR, the LB.

Ah, thank you. Didn't make that connection at all.

Opinion still holds.

Last edited by digamma : 11-07-2016 at 12:28 PM.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote