Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
whomario
Pro Starter

BBCs Planet Earth II

Anybody seen the first episode already ? Or at least the first series ? Need to nerd out a little here regardless.

If you have even a passing interest in nature documentaries, you have likely seen the first series back in 2006/2007 which was basically the best nature documentary series in history powered by a big budget and the best personnel on every level of the production as well as a great feel for current and classical cinematic trends that could be borrowed from in the editing room. Seriously, itīs just an amazing visual achievement.7

10 years after the first series, the time has finally come for the "sequel" to be broadcast. First Episode yesterday on BBC. Going to be aired in the US from January 28th, but i am going to assume you know of a way to circumvent this waiting period (and then get in on Blu Ray when thatīs available, the first season on that format was an absolute stunner and has been screened in my living room like 2 dozen times since then ).
That way you get David Attenborough narrating as well. Not sure how it will be with this 2nd series, but for the first you had to settle for Sigourney Weaver on TV ...

I assume some have already seen the scene that is storming the web (google "Iguana"), but the first episode as a whole is just stunning.

Hereīs the scene:

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/...efee6714f5a1fc

Feel free to scream at your monitor.

Planet Earth II - Wikipedia
Planet Earth (TV series - Wikipedia)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-08-2016 at 08:47 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Feel free to scream at your monitor.

I almost did, and I'm at work. Thanks for that!
Old 11-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
Bobble
College Prospect

So my next nightmares are going to involve snake chases. Thanks for re-arming my subconscious upgraded ammo.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote