Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

FOFC Christmas Loot Thread

Being the cheerful materialist I am, the annual FOFC Christmas loot thread!

Was a pretty quiet/small year for me - cousin also lost his job, and parents have medical expenses. Got some Magic booster packs - the most exciting of which was pulling a Mana Drain *and* a foil Mana Drain in separate packs (~$70 and ~$160 respectively). I've *never* had that kind of pull luck ever in my life.

Also received the rest of the James Clavell Asia Saga novels, after finally putting them on my list. Fell in love with Shogun a few years ago and kept wanting to get the others in the series, but never remembered until now.

Got some food: Strawberry Kit-Kats, both American and Japanese, and some of the other special limited edition stuff that came out this summer. Also a couple Funko Pops, including a special edition blue Eeyore, which I was excited to get. Funny enough, I also got my mom a special edition Funko Pop - Dumbo with Timothy Mouse.

Biggest surprise gift was a bluetooth speaker, which I never would have asked for, but it'll be fantastic for my desktop, which has no speakers currently.

What about you guys? I love hearing/seeing what other people got, too. It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Got nothing
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #3
tarcone
Coordinator

I got a couple books: "The Iowa Baseball Confederacy" and "The Rise And Fall of the Third Reich"
Some ear buds
An Iowa Hawkeye sweat short and hat.
Some Athletic chorts. And a Nike t-shirt.
A dozen socks.
A Dropkick Murphys CD

Good stuff. Love the Iowa Baseball Confederacy. One of my favorite books. Probably the 3rd time I got it. Seems it always disappears.

The Dropkick Murphys is some quality music.

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich has been on my want list for awhile. Looking forward to digging into that.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mostly done before the 25th tbh. Guinness mugs & shirts from the Disney trip were basically my "Christmas" stuff. {shrug} I'm happy with the take, so what if it arrived on the 23rd?
Old 12-25-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

A mint 1987 Topps sticker yearbook (NFL) and about 30 sticker packs.

A clock radio with various light & sound hoodidies that's supposed to help me get tranquilo.

A Luchadore mask.

A bunch of stickers, foil and paper plates to make myself a wrestling belt with.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:37 AM   #6
korme
Go Reds

Tickets to see the National in Cincinnati and an all-expense paid trip to LA on a date of my choosing. Hell of a Christmas.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

A Raspberry Pi 3. Was on the road much of yesterday, but looking forward to putting this together tonight!
Old 12-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #8
MrBug708
Head Coach

An Echo Show - My aunt loves all thing Echo and she pulled us for the Secret Santa name exchange. I really dont see the need for it, but it seems cool. I use my Echo for weather and music and a timer.

Some gift cards, game stop, Sizzler, Cheesecake Factory

A new closet for the baby coming in April.

Cash amounting to like 800 dollars

Some sour candy from See's Candy
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Not really loot but I got a $70 lyft ride from my living room. I live in the middle of nowhere so it's nice when my app goes off. Wasn't planning on working but whatever.

Along those lines, forgot to share a cool Thanksgiving story. My parents live even farther away from any Uber activity so literally will never pick up a ride out there. I was gassing up my car to take my brother back to Pittsburgh and must have bumped myself online. Anyways it goes off for long trip 45+ minutes like 20 minutes away. I call and they were trying to get to Solon Ohio for Thanksgiving dinner. Their car had broken down and they were stuck in a motel and no ubers anywhere out there. Anyways it was an older lady and her daughter who were going to her 90 year old mother's for Thanksgiving dinner. So I made a bunch of money on the ride and they got where they wanted to go. Kind of a random set of happenings that helped us both out
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #10
PilotMan
Head Coach

My family loves me.

I got:
A practice Disc Catcher for the backyard
New Disc
Disc Golf Bag
T Shirt, that says "Stupid Tree"
Top Coat
2 Sweaters
BBQ Gloves
Backpack for hauling my FPV Drone equipment
ANR-Bluetooth Headphones
2 "Great Courses" courses
A Go-Pro type Action Cam
$50 Steam GC

It was a very good haul. I was shocked.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #11
Thomkal
Head Coach

See what happens when you stay home for Christmas PM?
Old 12-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #12
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
A Raspberry Pi 3. Was on the road much of yesterday, but looking forward to putting this together tonight!

I put together a pair of these and made them emulation stations for my brother and dad as Christmas gifts. Now my wife is bugging me to buy another one so we can have one at home. Was a really fun project.

Personally, I made out like a bandit. My mother-in-law framed a pair of autographed jerseys I have had for a while (Montana from Notre Dame and Matt Cain), and they are going to look killer in my office. Got a few board games, and my parents bought my wife and I tickets to see The Piano Guys in March.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote