Home

Backbreaker Video: Offensive Passing Alpha Gameplay

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Offensive Passing Alpha Gameplay within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #57
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
OK, this may not make much sense, but I think this game is trying too hard not to be Madden. I think it was a poor choice not to stick with a traditional controller and screen setup, and even though the player models are supposed to look much different, they just scream "fake" to me. I have to stop back at this point and wonder if the game is really worth $60 (tax included). For what will most likely be an one- and- done game, I just don't know if they took the right path in this.
I can't see a one and done for this franchise because of the engine theyre using, unlike current madden and ncaa, this gameplay engine works! they will likely work out the kinks
Old 03-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Video: Offensive Passing Alpha Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
The game looks good, but rough around the edges. I hope to see more gameplay and I hope the game requires some football knowledge.
haha, not some...from everything we know so far...you will need to use lots of football knowledge....that is how the game is set up...

there is a risk reward system for each position...

from the QB position, you will have to know how to read a defense and make quick decisions....

from the RB position, you will need to be patient and how to use your blockers...also when to do moves and when to cover the ball up....as well as when to switch the ball to different hands...(like near the sideline).

from defense if you are a safety you have to becareful and not bite on playactions/rollouts and pump fakes....any little step in misdirection and you could be 1-2 seconds late in making a key 3rd down stop.

and much more.... you should check out how they are implementing controls, very sim like.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #59

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
haha, not some...from everything we know so far...you will need to use lots of football knowledge....that is how the game is set up...

there is a risk reward system for each position...

from the QB position, you will have to know how to read a defense and make quick decisions....

from the RB position, you will need to be patient and how to use your blockers...also when to do moves and when to cover the ball up....as well as when to switch the ball to different hands...(like near the sideline).

from defense if you are a safety you have to becareful and not bite on playactions/rollouts and pump fakes....any little step in misdirection and you could be 1-2 seconds late in making a key 3rd down stop.

and much more.... you should check out how they are implementing controls, very sim like.
I'm hoping the scheme feels natural. It sounds a bit complicated when I read some things about it but, I'm sure It'll just take some getting used to.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #60
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Is anybody having trouble with loading the video?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #61
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
I can't see a one and done for this franchise because of the engine theyre using, unlike current madden and ncaa, this gameplay engine works! they will likely work out the kinks
What EA is using isn't the best engine, but they are still making games year after year. Likewise, this is a game that is depending on the euphoria engine, which is great in its own right, but that doesn't mean that Backbreaker will blow the doors off of other football titles.

The engine is not even close to one and done, but this game is starting to look that way.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #62
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
What EA is using isn't the best engine, but they are still making games year after year. Likewise, this is a game that is depending on the euphoria engine, which is great in its own right, but that doesn't mean that Backbreaker will blow the doors off of other football titles.

The engine is not even close to one and done, but this game is starting to look that way.
Can I ask why you think that?

The distinct lack of some features in this game point directly to a sequel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »