Home

Backbreaker Video Interview: First Live Action Video Game Sports Title

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video Interview: First Live Action Video Game Sports Title within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #65
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Backbreaker Video Interview: First Live Action Video Game Sports Title

I can't wait..this game looks amazing and is a WELCOME change. I am so sick of the same type of football game shoved down my throat every year. Some people used to post here and say it was vaporware like they had a clue. I guess those folks will have to reconsider, because this game looks like the best football game out for 360..we shall see, but the gameplay looks head and shoulders above the other option.

I saw a pass play to a TE in a prior video where the player clearly looked like a blocking/safety valve type of TE, so they got the positional builds right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
Still unknown, a while back a developer said there would be different builds for each position but the user wouldn't have direct control over the height and weight...but that was quite a while ago if I remember correctly.
now that I think more about it, since this is a physics based game...maybe they didn't want players online surprising other players with all 350lb 7 footers at every position...with max ability everything.

so maybe each position has 3 different height settings and 3 different weight settings to choose from.

the rest of the potential competitive balance issues will have to be handled by us users....our own communities that trust each other.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 6

I can't wait to be sacked from the blind side. I'm really excited about the 3rd person camera. It may not be better but it's different and should give us all a completely new and fun experience.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
now that I think more about it, since this is a physics based game...maybe they didn't want players online surprising other players with all 350lb 7 footers at every position...with max ability everything.

so maybe each position has 3 different height settings and 3 different weight settings to choose from.

the rest of the potential competitive balance issues will have to be handled by us users....our own communities that trust each other.
I would think there will be some sort of template for created teams, like limits on total attributes for the team. Atleast for teams that will be allowed online...I couldn't see them allowing us to create a team of all 99 rated players and play online against someone.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 49

Im excited about his game as Ive said a few times.

My big gripe is the juke in this video looks pretty weak. It looks like agood juke for a full back or slower tight end, but awr or hb better beable to throw better jukes then a step to the side.

Has anyone seen a single stiff arm??
Old 03-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 12

When I first heard there would be cusomization in the game, I was so excited about making only NFL and NCAA teams, but after watching this video I'm more excited about making anything and everything I can imagine. I will have fun using my artistic skills on anything from celebrities to superheros in my endzones. Anyway, heres another forza vid showing all 32 nfl teams...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW14lyuw_6E
Old 03-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #71
Rookie

Can you share what you've made? I'm sorry if this has been asked but I know for a fact I'm not going to be artistic enough to make the NFL logos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
I agree!

I love everything I see so far, just wish the players didn't all look the same. Maybe if it's a success those other things will fall into place.
We should expect a Backbreaker 2, although some people don't believe there will be. I however, see things differently. They have very little overhead as they do have an extremely small dev team. Therefore, they do not have to pay alot of employees.

The foundation has been laid for BB, so BB2 is definitely not out of the question. Rob even said at the end of the interview that it leaves room for the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »