Home

My few worries about BB

This is a discussion on My few worries about BB within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: My few worries about BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I miss the old camera so much. That trailer is definitely my favorite one to watch.
I think too many people (who most likely weren't going to buy the game anyway) were just looking for reasons to slam the game.....I remember alot of posts of people complaining that they might get sick from motion sickness because of the game.... *sigh*

I just really hope they leave it as an option in the menu, to flick on or off....doubt it though...

I just wish I was more vocal about things like this as well as cpu vs cpu (using broadcast cam) earlier this year....I'm sure they would have added it if most would have asked.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The limited view works both ways and I actually feel like the offense is at a disadvantage. Playing qb you can just as easiliy miss a defender dropping into coverage or not see a wr coming open on the left side of the field because the pressure has flushed you out of the pocket to the right. When your running the ball, you may go inside when you should've bounced it to the outside because you thought you say daylight.
I can not WAIT till I play someone online and I speed rush with a OLB from the right side (and I make sure he sees me moving around presnap).....then flush him scrambling to his left with his little Mike Vick creation.....then BOOM! right there coming FULL SPEED untouched was my blitzing CB..(play I originally picked)...
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 50

Backbreaker also needs some leg driving. The tackles just look like two players hit each other (dynamically) and then their legs go dead and both of them fall to the ground. I want to see a Lineman wrap up a RB and drive him backwards into the ground. Players shouldn't just fall like that. That's just my opinion.

Also, I'm praying that we'll be able to regain our balance after a hit. By that i mean, if the RB is running and then the LB only gets to clip the RB's hip, I hope that instead of the RB just falling to the ground, he will be able to plant a hand in the ground and keep going. I know the BB is all about the tackles, but there has to be a lot of ways to break tackles/lose balance but keep going.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

Last edited by 43Chargers4Now; 05-16-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #20
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Backbreaker also need some leg driving. The tackles just look like two players hit each other (dynamically) and then their legs go dead and both of them fall to the ground. I want to see a Lineman wrap up a RB and drive him backwards into the ground. Players shouldn't just fall like that. That's just my opinion.

Also, I'm praying that we'll be able to regain our balance after a hit. By that i mean, if the RB is running and then the LB only gets to clip the RB's hip, I hope that instead of the RB just falling to the ground, he will be able to plant a hand in the ground and keep going. I know the BB is all about the tackles, but there has to be a lot of ways to break tackles/lose balance but keep going.
I don't remember what video it was but I remember seeing a player get clipped by a defender, he stumbled but he didn't fall down(and then got smashed by another defender lol)
If I can find the video that it's in, I'll post the link to it.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Backbreaker also needs some leg driving. The tackles just look like two players hit each other (dynamically) and then their legs go dead and both of them fall to the ground. I want to see a Lineman wrap up a RB and drive him backwards into the ground. Players shouldn't just fall like that. That's just my opinion.

Video below of scenario you've described. And yes, I do agree with "leg drive" as well. I would like to see more leg drive by the D-line when they're rushing the QB. D-line lacks the leg drive to push the O-line backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
I don't remember what video it was but I remember seeing a player get clipped by a defender, he stumbled but he didn't fall down(and then got smashed by another defender lol)
If I can find the video that it's in, I'll post the link to it.
Are you referring to this video below? (The same one right above in this thread

@0:46 mark - Running Back maintains balance with one arm after being clipped by defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadre
I just figured the developers could play each other any time from their PCs without split screen. As for the swat ball, I didn't see that all three defenders made the attempt even though none were close. That is an AI concern. The CPU defender should only try that within a certain proximity of the targeted receiver or the ball. I'm not sure how time consuming it would be to disallow a defender from making a play on the ball or even attempting a tackle unless they are within a specific area around the ball's destination or around the ball-carrier.
Re-watch the slower version of the video. Immediately rewatch the sequence and focus on those 3 DB, you should be able to make out all three having their arms up.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 05-16-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #22
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

YES thank you strawberry!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 50

Thanks strawberry. Now one of my two worries have been resolved. Thanks for taking the time to find that for me.

If you find any leg driving in OL/DL interaction, be sure to share it with the rest of us
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 05-17-2010, 02:20 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Thanks strawberry. Now one of my two worries have been resolved. Thanks for taking the time to find that for me.

If you find any leg driving in OL/DL interaction, be sure to share it with the rest of us
I've seen in trailers where the DT reacts late to the snap and is driven 5 yards backwards by the right guard....looks pretty funny....it was in the Running Tutorial..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKgmCvuFrW0

at :51 seconds....look at the right guard...and look at his feet, if that is what you mean.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »