Home

PS3 demo postponed

This is a discussion on PS3 demo postponed within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #81
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PS3 demo postponed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
So we should spend $300 plus tax and $50 for live, plus any accessories that you would need (which is a lot considering MS won't even give you a damn rechargeable solution built into the freaking controller), just to get a demo a week earlier?
No, I'm saying that IF things like this bother you to the point of wanting to punch a care bear in the face, then maybe it's worth it. lol

Besides, it's not THAT expensive if you sell your current system and games on ebay. You end up paying in very little for the switch. That's what I've done in the past.

But like I said, I was only referring to people who are seriously bothered by late demos/games. If it doesn't bother someone, then no..of course switching is pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #82
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
ahh...do what I did...buy 360 elite AND ps3. Now, I ball all sports and racing games on xbox, and all adventure and shooting games on ps3. I get the best of both worlds. I highly prefer football games on 360 vs ps3 because of the controller. More intuitive.

Funny- the controller is a big reason I like PS3 more than XBox.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #83
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
But like I said, I was only referring to people who are seriously bothered by late demos/games. If it doesn't bother someone, then no..of course switching is pointless.
You also mentioned that if you are a "serious online gamer," that you should switch to the 360. I find that not to be the case, because I can find opponents easily on both systems. I just don't do it on the 360 anymore because it RRODed all over me, for the third time, like a broken record. Both companies have great consoles. I loved my 360 when it worked, and I love my PS3 now.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #84
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
You also mentioned that if you are a "serious online gamer," that you should switch to the 360. I find that not to be the case, because I can find opponents easily on both systems. I just don't do it on the 360 anymore because it RRODed all over me, for the third time, like a broken record. Both companies have great consoles. I loved my 360 when it worked, and I love my PS3 now.
No, I said...

Quote:
But if you're REALLY serious about gaming, you need XBL.
...meaning that if you take all this stuff very seriously and get bent out of shape and frustrated, then you need XBL because this stuff never happens. If, however, you're someone who isn't bothered by missing/late demos/games and things of that nature, then switching over makes no sense.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #85
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
...meaning that if you take all this stuff very seriously and get bent out of shape and frustrated, then you need XBL because this stuff never happens. If, however, you're someone who isn't bothered by missing/late demos/games and things of that nature, then switching over makes no sense.
OK, good for you, I'm not going to continue the console flame war. You like your 360, I like my PS3, let's leave it at that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #86
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
Funny- the controller is a big reason I like PS3 more than XBox.
The d-pad on the 360 controller is god awful, which is why I ordered one of these

http://www.xgaming.com/store/x-arcad...x-360-adapter/

It lets you use a PS2 controller (which we all know is basically a wired PS3 controller) on your 360. It's pretty sweet apart from having to go back to wired controllers.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #87
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
OK, good for you, I'm not going to continue the console flame war. You like your 360, I like my PS3, let's leave it at that.
lol...what are you talking about? I don't care what system you play on. I was just offering help to those who were acting like they wanted to commit suicide over this. That's all.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #88
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
System/Game Wars
There are to be no "wars" between systems and games. This means if you are in a games forums, do not bring the other game in there unless you are using it constructively. "Game A sucks, it should be like Game B" is an example of how NOT to be constructive. "Game A's feature should have this part of Game B's feature because it would have (insert effect)" is a better example of what we expect of you when comparing games.

Last I checked this was a PS3 demo thread

Consider the TOS section I just posted to anyone who wants to flare up a console flame war.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »