Home

Can't go back!!!

This is a discussion on Can't go back!!! within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #17
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Can't go back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
Wow....No I wouldn't say I feel you and anyone who does hasnt been playing football video games for the past 15 or so years,either way I bought BB and it is BAREBONES..... The season mode has no character what so ever and Madden by far blows it out of the water when it comes to depth which is what all of the real gamers care about online and offline the game lacks major depth......I'm not getting into 9-15 INT's a games 20 plus sacks in 5 minutes quarters on hard....There are many more things and these aren't personnel things I want changed these are things that need to be fixed period..I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse...

I made my donation for the first BB and as far as I'm concerned the Developers success and a BB2 is going to depend on support for this game its going to need at least 2 patches the first one needs to be a major one and they should try to have it hammered out before NCAA releases because its only going to kill sales more...The other factor being 2k sports who is already developing their next football game for when EA loses its rights to the NFL in 2012 and I can assure you without an act of god that will be the final blow for 505. The only thing this game has going for it was the engine besides that everything else seems thrown together at the last minute and anyone else who doesn't agree is just drinking the kool aid.

Yeah, it's really amazing how myself and many others are really enjoying what it does have to offer. Guess I'm a kool aid drinker!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 41

While many like the 3rd person camera I can tell you it will take every game maker to make it with this camera view for it to be done.

ESPN 2K5 had 1st person football along with the regular camera angled football and there was less than 50 people who played it.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Wow....No I wouldn't say I feel you and anyone who does hasnt been playing football video games for the past 15 or so years,either way I bought BB and it is BAREBONES..... The season mode has no character what so ever and Madden by far blows it out of the water when it comes to depth which is what all of the real gamers care about online and offline the game lacks major depth......I'm not getting into 9-15 INT's a games 20 plus sacks in 5 minutes quarters on hard....There are many more things and these aren't personnel things I want changed these are things that need to be fixed period..I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse...

I made my donation for the first BB and as far as I'm concerned the Developers success and a BB2 is going to depend on support for this game its going to need at least 2 patches the first one needs to be a major one and they should try to have it hammered out before NCAA releases because its only going to kill sales more...The other factor being 2k sports who is already developing their next football game for when EA loses its rights to the NFL in 2012 and I can assure you without an act of god that will be the final blow for 505. The only thing this game has going for it was the engine besides that everything else seems thrown together at the last minute and anyone else who doesn't agree is just drinking the kool aid.
I don't agree and I'll have a glass of that purple stuff please.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 7

why is it that anytime someone likes a game others dont you have to be drinking kool-aid . i im 35 and have played almost every football game made . and this is something that i think will change video football games for ever. it feels live
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #21
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

gulp, gulp, gulp.... aaahhhhh!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #22
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

I agree I can't go back. I will try onthe 14th ofjune but I doubt it.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 06-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 27

The main reason I find it hard to enjoy other football games is that the other games collisions aren't as realistic-looking (though you do get some WWE collisions every now and again in BB) and they're jerky compared to BackBreaker. That said, I actually had a great game of two-kay-five today, so maybe it's not ALL football games that feel dead in the smoothness department compared to BackBreaker... just certain ones...

Last edited by TheWatcher; 06-08-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Backbreaker has its flaws as far as rules and some physics based things. Not really worried about the AI and INT "issues" as they exist in most other football games to date, but it is hard to go back to playing canned football after playing this title, it is also easier for me to make reads downfield.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »