Home

Can't go back!!!

This is a discussion on Can't go back!!! within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Can't go back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813

Not you nolesfan69, your alright wit me.
what about meeee?

back to the point .... i tried to play a little 2k5 and i just couldn't and i feel like i am playing on the field again and long story short when i was in pop Warner i played OLB and that was awesome ... when i play BB i play ILB and i feel like i am on the field again .... i just cant seem to go back to other football titles .... i love it!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 17

Actually, while Im in 100% agreement with your post in regards to the amazing organic physics engine making it difficult to go back to playing other football games, I actually dusted off All Pro 2K8 to give it a little play time and found that I actually appreciated my customized ARIEL CAM so much more after playing from BB's 3rd Person FPS CAM.

I simply enjoy playing my football video games from a more tactical sky cam so I can see the action as a whole and react more strategically and get into better position to make plays, which in turns allows me to enjoy the game more and feel immersed.

That's not to say I dont appreciate what the BB team set out to. But I personally, feel that they sacrificed too much playability and enjoyment for the sake of realism. I would have loved the option to be able to choose my CAM.

But back to the point, this physics engine really makes going back to any sports game with prerendered and scripted action very difficult. I think regardless of whatever happens to the game of BB itself, the design team has set a revolutionary presidence in the sports gaming industry for everyone to now follow....which can only be a great thing for all of us
Old 06-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I played the Backbreaker demo for a while and had no problem going back to Madden..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

I cant go back either.
I traded all my Madden games in......and dam glad I did.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 4

I had the opposite reaction...after playing Backbreaker extensively I popped in All Pro 2k8 and had a new appreciation for that game. And I never really liked the 2k series. The only reason i still had 2k in my library is the trade in value is so low that it's not worth getting rid of and now I'm kind of glad I kept it. Don't get me wrong, that's not a slap at BB...I love BB...but after the high level of difficulty of BB it was kind of refreshing to drop back and see the whole field again.

I can't speak for Madden because I really can't stand the next gen version of it and I don't own it nor have I played it in the last 8-10 months. (nor do I have a desire to play it)
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #38
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Backbreaker is not real football -- not when the developers don't even have the right football rules in place for different penalties etc.

It's a glorified physics experiment set in a football stadium.

It's a cool concept, but the developers have been very distant about any news of a patch, so right there, I have little hope for the longevity of this game.

Secondly, even if 505 makes Backbreaker 2, what's to say that the 2nd version won't have just as horrible AI or glitches?

I just don't trust this company, right now to produce a quality football game.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I wouldn't say that I cant go back, but as stated earlier it was very refreshing to go back to the traditional football camera view. It was somewhat easier to run after having my vision so restricted.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 34

I'll be playing the 'other' games, but BB is going to stay in the rotation for a while.

the potential of this game is amazing, and its a fun game to play head to head.

For meat an potatoes online leagues and dynasty's, the 'other titles' still haev a great deal of value.

If BB is able to progress, that could very well change in the future.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »